Chapter 2

My Seoul Mate

 

The smell of delicious food woke me instantly. I stretched my arms and looked for Ahjumma. She was no longer sitting next to me.

“Excuse me miss, but would you like to look at the menu?” a stewardess asked me.

“Yes please.”

On cue my stomach rumbled. I could feel my face burning up. Yikes, I always end up embarrassing myself -__-. The stewardess tried to conceal her laugh but ending up letting out a little giggle.

I skimmed through the menu until something caught my eye. I ordered the grilled beef steak with thyme sauce served with gratinated penne with mixed cheese, roasted courgette, eggplant and roasted garlic with balsamic vinegar.

 (LOL thank you to google for helping me find a first class menu from a plane XD)

In no time my food was served but Ahjumma was still nowhere to be seen.

 Oh my gosh, I had never tasted anything so yummy on a plane! Even for first class this was nice!

My full belly made me feel tired even though I had already been sleeping for a good amount of time. Meh, what hurt would another little nap have on me?

-12AM

Oh my god…. Taking a nap was a bad idea. It is 12AM and I can’t fall asleep. At least I woke up to find Ahjumma back next to me, when she woke up I wanted to ask her what her son thought on SNU.

~Skip to 6AM~

Thank god Ahjumma finally woke up at 6 I was bored out of my mind. All the movies the plane had were gushy romance movies. I  HATE gushy romance movies. There is no way anyone’s real love life would ever turn out anything like they portray in the movies.

“Ahjumma, what does your son think of SNU?”

“He loves it. He said that there are many choices of classes and that all of the professors are very professional and knowledgeable. Of course he also love that it is in Seoul close to fun things to doing during the weekend and night.”

Hello, this is your pilot speaking, our plane will be starting our decent to Incheon International Airport in 5 minutes. Please turn off all technological devices and please buckle yourself in.

My eyes widened with fright, there were two things about flying that freaked me out, turbulence and landing. My hands formed a death grip on my armrest for a second time. I started to breath heavy. I could feel all my muscles tense up.

“Aigoo aigoo, calm down, everything will be okay. There is nothing to worry about.” She rubbed my shoulders slowly, making my body relax.

I couldn’t help but smile at Ahjumma. She was acting like the perfect mom. If only my mom was like her. Maybe I would have stayed in the U.S. Maybe if…

“Omo, Ahjumma, you make me feel so much better. Your son is so lucky to have a mom as amazing as you.”

Ahjumma blushed “Anio anio, I just like any other mom. I was just blessed with an amazing son.”

Talking to Ahjumma took my mind off the fact we were landing. I did not realize we had already landed until a stewardess came to help retrieve Ahjumma and my carryon luggage.

As I was walking away I felt like I had to say thank you to Ahjumma for taking away all of my anxiety.

“Kamsahamnida, Ahjumma you completely took my mind off the landing. It was a pleasure talking to you, I hope we will meet again.”

“Aigoo, I hope so too. Aish, I never got your name.”

“Annyeonghaseyo, Cordelia imnida.”

“Well it was very nice meeting you Miss. Cordelia. I hope I will have the pleasure to introduce you to my son one day.”

Hahaha, Ahjumma was still hung up on me meeting her son.

“Annyeong Ahjumma annyeong!”

I was happily walking to the baggage claim until I realized something awful. I had no clue how I was getting to Hae-Won and I’s apartment.

Hae-Won had told me two days ago that she was not going to be able to pick me up.

Oh god. Why had I only thought about this now? I should have arranged for a car to pick me up.

I exited the airport and sat down on a curb. I put my head in my hands and tried to find a way to get to the apartment. I couldn’t get a taxi because I do not carry cash around with me on credit cards and the ATM machines would not give me enough money for a taxi all the way to my apartment.

 Aha, I could call Hae-Won and beg her to come and pick me up. She could not just leave me here.

I rummaged through my purse until I found my cell phone.

It. Was. Dead.

Just my freaking luck. I am going to end up sleeping outside of the Incheon International Airport.

“Aigoo, Cordelia are you okay.”

I was pretty sure I was the only Cordelia around so I looked up.

AHJUMMA!!

“Omo, Ahjumma, I am pretty sure I have the worst luck ever.”

“Aigoo aigoo, why do you say that” she asked.

“I forgot to get a car to pick me up and my phone is dead so I can’t call my friend to come and pick me up.”

I was close to bursting into tears.

“Omo, I’m sure my son would not mind driving you over to your apartment. You can get to know him better…. And ask him about SNU. I could get a taxi, my house is not too far away.”

(haha Ahjumma wants Cordelia and her son to get CLOSER…EYEBROW WIGGLE OOOOHHHHHH!!!!)

“Aish, Ahjumma I could do that. Your son came to get you, not some random stranger his umma met on a plane.”

Ah, Ahjumma was so nice. But, I just could not accept her offer it would not be right.

A third voice entered the “argument” “Anio anio I would not mind give you a ride to you apartment.”

I looked up to see a VERY handsome stranger. This had to be Ahjumma’s son.

“A-are you s-sure?”

God why am I stuttering? I sound like an idiot!

“Neh, I don’t mind at all.”

“Aigoo, my son is such a gentleman.”

“Come on I will take you to my car. Do you have all you luggage.” He asked.

Oh god, his voice was dreamy. Mmmmmhmmmm it was so hot it could melt chocolate.

“N-neh.”

I grabbed my carryon from the ground. I was about to grab my suitcases but Ahjumma’s son grabbed them before I could.

“What kind of man would I be if I did not carry the heavy stuff.”

I blushed.

“I-I never got your name. I’m Cordelia.” I said.

“Annyeonghaseyo I’m Lee Jung-Hwa.”


Sorry I’m ending the chapter here. Gah, it is so late. Sorry no 2pm yet but I promise in the next chapter there will be some 2pm action!

When I actually get some readers comment and tell me who you thing she should end up with

a 2pm member or Lee Jung-Haw or another OC I will introduce later on or even someone from another k-pop group.

Hope you enjoyed! I am going to try to update every day. I will try my best. I have plenty of time to write during class so I will probably get that done :)

Oh and tell me is you see any errors so I can correct them :)