Chapter 1

My Seoul Mate

 

Cordelia's P.O.V.

I squeezed my armrest as the plane took off. My heart was pounding. Airplanes were in my list of things I hate with a burning passion.  Was I crazy? How had I let Hae-Woo talk me into moving to Korea for college? If this plane goes down I hope she knows that if I die it is all her fault! I would not be on this plane by choice.

I sent a silent prayer to God asking him to keep mysel- I mean everyone in the plane safe. 

The lady who was sitting next to me could tell I was scared so she put her hand on my shoulder, and told me in broken English "I have been on plane many times from Korea to American, always good, never any problems." and gave me a reassuring smile.

(A/N italics=English)

I bowed my head to her and replied in Korean "Neh, I know nothing will happen but, I guess, no matter how many times I tell myself that I still can’t help but be scared.”

"Aigoo, your Korean is so good!"

"Kamsahamnida, a good friend of mine taught me when I was 11."

"Well she did a very good job!"

Aww, this Ahjumma was so nice, I felt much safer on the plane knowing that this nice lady was there next to me. 

"She was the best, if I were her I would have been to frustrated with myself to continue teaching."

Ahjumma chuckled and asked "What brings you to Korea."

"The friend who taught me Korean asked me to fill out an application to Seoul National University so I did. I did not really expect to get in because it is such a prestigious university but I did. How could I not accept an opportunity like this?”

 "Omo, Seoul National University good job! My son goes there! You should meet him, he is so smart and very good looking."

You laughed, it sound like ahjumma wanted to set you up with her son.

“Ahjumma, it sounds like your trying to set me up with your son!”

Ahjumma just laughed, “Aigoo, aigoo, my son would be lucky to have such a pretty girlfriend! You better watch out when you get to Seoul! Those boys will be chasing after you!”

“Anio anio, I don’t think so. There are so many pretty girls in Korea they probably won’t even look twice at me!”

I honestly did not think that Korean guys would look at a foreign girl like me. Hae-Won had shown me some pictures she had taken of Seoul and there was always a bunch of really pretty girls in them. There was no way I could compete with beauty like that.

“Aigoo! Have you not seen a mirror? You are so pretty! Korean girls would die to be as fair skinned and tall as you!”

“Amado, amado.”

I yawned, I was really tired. I had to wake up at 4AM so I could get through security and everything without being worried about missing my flight.

“Aigoo, you look so tired. Why don’t you just lay back and take a nap?” Ahjumma said.

I gladly accepted the offer. Thank god for first class seats. How would I have fallen asleep sitting straight up?

(A/N lol I had to sleep in a chair for 5 months after I broke my arm :O it was awful! Thank goodness my arm is all better now and I can sleep in my comfy bed!)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LOL sorry this chapter is so boring! I just need to get everything straightened out before I can start on the good stuff XD I promise the next chapter will be better. I think I am going to put 2PM in it yayyyyy!!! I hope I can get the next chapter out before I go to bed tonight. Maybe I will write it during my conformation class -__-