The only one I love, is YOU.

Oneshots Series Collection

Credits to Soohyuns_BabyGirl15 for the plot.

========

Shin Soohyun has gathered all his best friends at his house for dinner. He welcomed them happily and ushered them to the dining room. His girlfriend, Laura came out of the kitchen to greet them.

“Eh Laura, you are here too?” Kevin asked surprised.

“Yeah, I am cooking dinner for you guys.” She answered. “Have a seat and I am going to dish out the food.”

“We will help you.” AJ and Hoon offered and followed Laura into the kitchen.

Soohyun sat down with Eli and Kiseop. He was grinning from ear to ear.

“What’s up with the happy face, hyung?” Eli asked curiously. “You seem very happy and enthusiastic over the phone.”

Soohyun who couldn’t contain his happiness laughed out loud. “I have a piece of good news to tell you all.”

“Really?” Kiseop’s ear perked up. “What is it, hyung? Tell us.”

“Not now.” He shook his head. “Be patient. I am going to announce it later after dinner.”

“Aigoo, you made us all excited.” Eli smiled.

Soohyun looked around for the maknae but he was nowhere to be found.

“Where’s Dongho?” he questioned. “Why isn’t he here?”

Hoon came back with a tray of food. He neatly placed them on the table.

“Hyung, Dongho has soccer practice. That’s why he couldn’t come.” He told him. “But he wants us to bring back some of Laura’s food. He wants to eat them.”

“That would be no problem.” Laura placed the bowl of rice and distributed them around. “I will make sure to pack his portion later.”

After everyone was seated, they began eating dinner. Everyone was complimenting Laura’s cooking.

“You are such a great cook.” AJ pointed out. “Soohyun hyung would be lucky if he marries you. He will have a wife who’s great in cooking.”

Laura blushed and peek a look at Soohyun who gave her a wink. Her cheeks turned redder from that interaction.

“Thank you.” She mumbled and continued eating.

“Are you okay?” Kiseop asked. “Your face looks red like a tomato.”

“I am fine.” She replied. “It must be the hot soup.”

Dinner was fulfilling for everyone. Kiseop and Eli were kind enough to help Laura with the dishes. Soohyun and the rest were sitting in the living room watching TV.

“Thank you for your help, oppas.” She smiled. “But I got this. Bring the cut fruits inside and sit with the rest of the oppas.”

Both of the guys didn’t protest and did what Laura asked them to do. She smiled and wiped her hands before wiping the washed utensils.

 

It was time to make that announcement. The guys were sitting on the couches while Soohyun and Laura stood in front of them. Soohyun’s arm was around her slender waist and he gave it a small squeeze. She looked up at him and smiled.

“So what’s the announcement that you’ve been waiting to tell us, hyung?” Kevin wondered.

“Hurry and tell us. I want to know.”

“Come on. You are making me nervous.”

“What is it? What is it? What is it?”

“I think I know. Laura must be pregnant with Soohyun hyung’s child, right?”

Everyone froze and turned to Hoon who was smiling sheepishly.

“Is it true? Did I guess it correctly?”

All heads turned to face the couple. Soohyun sighed and rolled his eyes at them.

“Yah, that’s not it.” AJ slapped Hoon’s arm.

“Ouch, I am just guessing.”

“Okay guys, chill.” Laura intervened. “We will tell you now.”

Soohyun took a deep breath before speaking. “As you all know, Laura and I have been for four years. We have gone through almost everything together.”

“We have been strangers, friends, best friends and now lovers.” She continued. “And now we hope to take it to another level.”

The guys’ eyes were getting wider and they were waiting in anticipation.

“We are getting engaged.” Soohyun announced.

It was silent for a moment and the next, screams and shouts were heard.

“CONGRATULATIONS SOOHYUN AND LAURA.” They cheered.

They danced around the couple and hugged them.

“I didn’t expect their reaction to be this huge.” Laura hugged Soohyun.

He leaned down and pecked her lips. “Me too. But I am glad that they are happy with it.”

 

Dongho was really happy when he reached home and saw a lunchbox with food with it. He knew that it was Laura’s cooking. He had asked his hyungs to bring some food back for him when they went to Soohyun’s house. Although Laura is Soohyun’s girlfriend, no one knows that he has a crush on her. In fact, he was much happier now as he had a planned date with Laura in the afternoon.

“Laura and Soohyun hyung told us something last night.” Kevin told him. “We are not going to tell you what it was about tho.”

“Hyung….” He whined. “Tell me please.”

“No I can’t.” Kevin wagged his finger. “If you want to know, ask Laura. You are meeting her anyway.”

“Okay then.” He fixed his hair and made sure that his clothes are clean. “See you guys tonight.”

He took the bus to the mall in town. He planned to meet up with Laura and do some shopping with her. When he arrived, Laura was already waiting. She looked beautiful in her high waist short and cropped top.

“Hey noona, I am sorry that I am late.” He apologized. “Did you wait long?”

“It’s fine. I just arrived a few minutes ago.” She leaned in and gave him a hug. “I miss you, my one and only dongsaeng.”

Although he’s younger than her, Dongho was taller than her. Her head was only at his shoulder.

“Let’s go noona. I need to find shoes for soccer and dance.” He held her hand and dragged her into a store.

Two hours had passed and they are currently looking for dance shoes for Dongho. One of the salesperson approached them warmly.

“Hi, may I help you?” she smiled at Laura. “Are you helping your boyfriend look for shoes?”

“Boyfriend?” Laura tilted her head in confusion.

The salesgirl pointed to Dongho who was engrossed with so many pair of shoes around him.

“I can help you with choosing the perfect shoes for your boyfriend.” She said.

Laura shook her head. “Ah no, he’s not my boyfriend. He’s my dongsaeng. Thank you for your help. We will look for you if we need one.”

The salesgirl bowed and walked off. Dongho came back to her holding two pairs of shoes.

“So which one do you think will make me look cool?” he asked. “Both are very nice.”

“Hmmm…” she tapped her finger to her lips. “I think the red ones look better than the blue ones. I choose the red ones.”

“Okay then, I will get the red shoes.” He smiled at her and went off to pay.

After getting his shoes, they went to some cosmetics shops for Laura. She was looking through some moisturizers and eye makeups. Dongho was staring at her mesmerized.

“Noona, why do you even wear makeup?” he wondered. “You are pretty even without makeup. Your skin is flawless.”

Laura blushed as she was never used to getting compliments from others. Even when Soohyun himself compliments her, her face would turn very red.

“Aigoo, don’t say that, Dongho-ah.” She lightly smiled at him. “Every girl wears makeup, be it whether she has flawless skin or not.”

“No, what I said is true.” He retorted. “Believe me noona, you are beautiful.”

“Thank you.” She pinched his cheeks. “Now let’s go. I have all the things that I need. I will pay and then we will go and eat.”

 

They had dinner at a Japanese restaurant. Not wanting to go home straight, they decided to get desserts and take a stroll at the park near their houses.

“It’s a beautiful night tonight, huh?” she looked up at the sky. “Not too cold and not too hot.”

“Yeah it is.” He smiled and turned to her. “Let’s find a bench and sit down, shall we? We will talk for a while before going home.”

They found a bench and sat down.

“So what do you want to talk about, dongsaeng?” she asked him.

“Anything, I don’t mind.” He replied. “I just want to talk to you.”

She nodded. “How have you been these days? The last time I saw you was two weeks ago.”

“I am doing good.” He sighed. “Just busy with school and soccer practices.”

“That’s usual for students.” She nudged him. “Noona miss you.”

“I miss you too, noona.” He smiled at her. “But no worries, vacation are coming soon. When it starts, we will have more time to spend together. We should go on a trip together again like we all did last year.”

“That’s a great idea, Dongho-ah. I will tell Soohyun oppa.” She nodded.

At the mention of Soohyun’s name, Laura remembered something. “Oh, I have something to tell you.”

“What is it?” he raised his eyebrow. “Wait, this morning the hyungs told me that you and Soohyun hyung told them something last night. Are you going to tell me what it’s about?”

She clapped her hands happily. “Yes, that’s what I am going to talk to you about.”

“From your expression, I can tell that it’s something good.” He laughed. “Come on, tell me.”

Laura gave him her signature eye smile and held out her left hand. He looked at her in wonder but she just shows him her hand. It was then Dongho saw a silver ring on her ring finger.

“Did Soohyun hyung finally buy you a couple ring?” he asked.

“It’s not just any ring, Dongho.” She squealed. “This is my promise ring. Soohyun oppa and I are getting engaged.”

At the mention of the word ‘engage’, Dongho froze. His eyes widened in shock.

“What??? En---enga---engaged?” he stuttered. “Why the sudden idea of getting engaged?”

Laura’s eyes were dreamy when she explained to Dongho regarding her and Soohyun’s decision to get engaged. Meanwhile, Dongho felt as if his heart was breaking into pieces. He couldn’t smile and be happy for them now.

“Dongho??? Dongho???” Laura waved her hand in front of his face. “Earth to Dongho.”

He finally snapped out of his daze and stood up from the bench. “Let’s go home.”

She picked her shopping back and caught up with Dongho who was already walking away.

“Yah Dongho, wait for noona.” She ran towards him. “Are you alright?”

“Yeah.” He avoided her gaze. “I just feel tired suddenly. Anyway, it’s late. I have school tomorrow.”

Lucky for them, they both lives on the same neighbourhood. After sending Dongho home, Laura walked back to her house that was only a few blocks away.

 

Laura and Soohyun went on a date after they looked for their engagement rings.

“Did you tell Dongho about our engagement when you met him? He asked.

She nodded. “Yeah, but his reaction wasn’t what I expected.”

“Really?” he looked at her, baffled. “Like what kind of reaction?”

“When I told him the news, he kinda spaced out from the conversation. He froze there.” She explained. “When I asked him what was wrong, he told me that he was tired and that he wanted to go home.”

“Maybe he’s really tired, Laura.” He pointed that out. “He has school and soccer practices. Not forgetting the dance classes that he attended. I am sure he’s burned out.”

“Well, I am not really 100% sure on that, oppa.” She said worriedly. “Maybe you should go and talk to him.”

Soohyun pulled her close and placed his arm around her shoulder as they walked. “Okay honey, if that’s what you want; I will go talk to our maknae.”

“Thank you oppa.” She kissed his cheeks. “I love you.”

“I love you too, Laura.” He whispered. “Always.”

After sending Laura home, Soohyun drove to Dongho’s dance venue. He knew that he has dance practices every Tuesdays and Thursdays.

He glanced at his wrist watch. “15 more minutes until he’s done with practice.”

He got out of the car and leaned against the hood as he waited for Dongho. Soon, he saw the maknae exiting the building.

“Hey Dongho, over here.” He waved.

Dongho was surprised to see Soohyun. “Hey hyung, what are you doing here?”

“It’s been a while since I saw you.” He replied. “Shall we get something at Starbucks and have a chat there?”

“Sure, I need something to energized myself anyway.” He brightened up. “Let’s go.”

The café was only a few blocks away and they decided to walk, leaving Soohyun’s car at the car park. When they arrived, Soohyun went to order while Dongho find seats for them. When he came back with the orders, Dongho practically dived into the iced latte and chocolate fudge cake.

“I am so hungry, hyung.” He chewed. “The dance practice was exhausting.”

“I know.” He laughed. “Eat well, maknae. If you want more, I will get it for you.”

Soohyun watched as Dongho devoured his cake. When Dongho was finishing his cake, Soohyun cleared his throat and began to talk.

“I am sure Laura has told you about our engagement, right?” he began.

He stared at Dongho, wanting to see if his expression would be the same like what Laura had described. Indeed it was, as Dongho froze the next moment.

“Uh yeah.” He nodded. “Noona told me a few days ago when we went shopping.”

“How do you feel about it?” he questioned. “Are you happy for us?”

It took a moment for Dongho to reply. He glanced at Soohyun and smiled.

tumblr_lsbfn1ITby1qaiuw5.gif

“Yes, of course I am happy for you.”

Soohyun let out a loud breathe and laughed. “Great. Laura was worrying about nothing. She thought that you are unhappy about us getting engaged.”

“Of course not.” Dongho shook his head.

 

The truth is that Dongho was unhappy when Laura announced her engagement to Soohyun. It was because he had a crush on her ever since he met her for the very first time. They bumped into each other at the local supermarket when both are shopping with their moms. Back then, Laura was not even together with Soohyun yet. That makes Dongho the first person to know Laura among the rest of the guys. Although he’s younger than her, he would always act mature in front of her. He doesn’t want her to see him as a little boy. When Laura and Soohyun got together, it pained Dongho’s heart but he managed to conceal his feelings and be happy for the couple. He thought that maybe Laura will notice him in a few years’ time where he grew from a teenage boy to a young man. However, Laura’s and Soohyun’s relationship got even closer day by day. Dongho had planned to confess to Laura but he was afraid that it would hurt her and jeopardize their relationship.

At Laura’s and Soohyun’s engagement day, Dongho didn’t turn up. He couldn’t bear to see his crush getting engaged to someone that is not him. He bought gifts and asked Kevin pass it to the couple. On that very same day, Dongho had his dance competition in Japan. That was the reason he gave Laura as to why he couldn’t turn up.

“I hope you and Soohyun hyung live a great and happy life.” He glanced out of the window as the plane took off. “I will always love you, Laura noona.”