My boyfriend

Oneshots Series Collection

I love my boyfriend very much. Of course, I do. I am not trying to boast or anything but my boyfriend is one of the popular and handsome guy in our campus. His name is Kim Myungsoo. We have been going out for three years. Many had said that we are a mismatched couple. I am just a normal high school girl and he’s one of the popular ones in school. We are indeed mismatched. But that does not matter to us as we think that ‘opposites attracts’. To others, Myungsoo is a mysterious and quiet guy. Most girls in my school are attracted to his eyes. I mean, the first time I met him, I noticed his eyes first too. Myungsoo has those glares that send shivers down everyone’s spine. Whether it is good or bad, he has that ability to do so.

“Seora, it’s recess time now. Wanna go and have lunch with us?” One of my classmates, Bomi invited.

I smiled at her. “That’s would be great. I am hungry since I had not eaten breakfast this morning.”

“Than what are we waiting for?” Seoyeon winked. “Let’s go.”

The three of us headed to the cafeteria. Since it was a Friday, there are not many students queuing for food. After we got our foods, we made our way to our usual table. On the way, I saw Myungsoo heading towards us. He was walking with his friends and had both his hands in his pocket.

“Isn’t that your boyfriend?” Bomi nudged me and I nodded. “Wow, he’s really cool.”

I just smiled at her.

“Don’t you guys talk in school? I have not seen you two interact with each other in school.” Seoyeon wondered. “And you guys can last for three years and counting, that’s amazing.”

I laughed. “Thanks. We do talk to each other, but that’s rare. Both of us have our own friends in school. So we hang out with our own friends and unless it’s necessary, we don’t talk to one another.”

We walked past Myungsoo and his friends. I caught his attention and he looked up. He gave me a small smile. To others, it might seem that he was giving a reluctant smile. But to me, that was one of his sweetest and kindest smiles. I returned him with a wide smile and nodded my head towards him.

=========

I glanced at my wrist watch. It was already 6.30 in the evening. I had to stay in school to finish up the project work.

“I think we have done quite a lot for today.” Kimi yawned. “Let’s go home, I am tired.”

“Me too.” I started packing. “The deadline is next two weeks. We can finish this by next week, don’t worry.”

We walked out of the library and heading towards the school gate. The sky was getting darker as night falls.

“Are you going home by bus or train?” I asked.

Kimi looked up from her phone. “My dad is fetching me from work. I think he should have arrived by now.”

When we reached the school gate, Kimi’s dad was there.

“Are you sure you don’t want to ride home with me? My dad can send you home. It’s already night time; girls shouldn’t be walking home alone.” Kimi asked worriedly.

“Thank you, but no thanks.” I declined. “Your home and mine are not in the same way. Don’t worry; I will be talking the train home. There will still be people around.”

After the car drove off, I turned around to walk to the train station. I got a shock of my life to see someone leaning against the brick wall surrounding the school. It was none other than my boyfriend, Myungsoo. He was wearing home clothes and listening to his IPod. He scanned around and when he saw me, he took out his earpiece and pushed himself off the wall. Slowly, I made my way to him.

“What are you doing here at night, oppa?” I asked him shyly. Although we have been together for quite some time, I am still shy and reserved around him.

He smirked. “I could ask the same thing to you too.”

“I am doing my school project.” I replied. “I didn’t realize that it was so late until Kimi told me.”

He took your backpack from you and carried it. “I am here to pick you up, silly. I saw you in the library after school ended.”

Myungsoo started walking and I catch up with him. Slowly, I grabbed his hand and laced it with mine. I was expecting him to push me away or release my hand; instead he gave it a light squeeze and tightened his grip on me. We walked home together while talking about random things.