Concerned Love: A worried lover

Oneshots Series Collection

Credits to Soohyuns_BabyGirl15 for the plot.

========

On Saturday afternoon, Laura and her group of girlfriends decided to have a picnic at the beach. In the morning, her boyfriend Soohyun came over her house to help her with the food preparation for the picnic. They made cheese crackers and sandwiches.

“Thanks for coming over and helping me, oppa.” She leaned in and kissed his cheeks. “That’s very sweet of you.”

“No problem, baby. Anything for you.” He winked and placed the food in the picnic basket. “Do you have everything that you need with you?”

“Yeah. Everything has been packed and I am ready to go.” She slung her beach bag over her shoulder.

The couple leave the house and drove to the beach in Soohyun’s car. They arrived at the beach in 30 minutes.

“I will see you tomorrow?” she turned and smiled at him.

Soohyun nodded and caressed her cheeks. “See you tomorrow. I will miss you.”

“I will miss you too, oppa.” She squeezed his hand. “Thanks for sending me.”

She got out of the passenger seat and Soohyun handed her the picnic basket.

“Have fun, love. And don’t forget to put on sunscreen.” He reminded. “I don’t want you to be sunburnt in this humid weather.”

“Don’t worry, I have my sunscreen in my bag.” She assured him. “I will not forget to put it on.”

She closed the door and waved until he drove off. She took out her phone and called one of her girlfriends. Once she knew where they were, she went off heading in that direction.

 

When all of them have arrived, the girls began to eat the food that they had bought from home. Bora placed the picnic mat on the sand and everyone sat comfortably on it.

“This sandwich is delicious, Laura.” Soojin commented. “Can I have one more?”

“Thanks, yeah you can have one more.” She pushed the plastic box towards Soojin. “Soohyun oppa helped me made these.”

“Wow, your boyfriend is really thoughtful and kind.” Hyemi awed. “My boyfriend is too busy watching his baseball match to even want to help me.”

Laura blushed, although she had received compliments of her and Soohyun before. The couple have been dating for five years already and most of them friends envied their relationship.

“I am sure Soohyun oppa will be a great husband for you.” Soojin nudged her. “Don’t forget to invite us when you two tie the knot.”

The girls giggled and made Laura’s cheeks turned redder. After eating, the girls decided to rest on the mat before swimming or playing volleyball. They wanted the food to be digested first before they begin any activities. Laura slipped on her Gucci shades and lie stomach down beside Hyemi. The girls lay for 20 minutes and the sun was getting hotter.

“Aish, my body is starting to itch and get hot.” Soojin stood up. “I am going to dip myself in the sea.”

“Wait for me, I want to come too.” She turned to Laura and shook her arm. “Do you want to come with us, Laura?”

There was no response from Laura and she didn’t move an inch.

“She’s asleep, I guess.” Hyemi mumbled. “You two go ahead. We will stay here.”

“Suit yourself.” Soojin shrugged.

The two girls went into the sea and splashed water to each other. Hyemi sit up and searched for her sunscreen in her bag.

“Yah Laura, wake up.” She nudged the sleeping girl. “It’s getting really hot now. Put on your sunscreen now before you get sunburn.”

“Hmmmm….” Laura mumbled and went back to sleep.

Hyemi shook her head and continued to apply the sunscreen all over her body.

Laura groaned and opened her eyes. She couldn’t believe that she had fallen asleep after eating. She sat up rubbed her arms where it begin to itch. She shrugged out of her skirt and t-shirt, leaving her wearing a shorts and tank top. She stood up, stretches her body and headed towards the sea.

“Laura, you forgot your sunscreen.” Hyemi shouted after her.

She turned back and waved it away. “I will put it on later. I am just going for a swim.”

Hyemi shook her head as Laura walked away. “She’s going to get sunburnt.”

 

When Laura reached home in the evening, her back was already aching and her arms are itchy.

“What a fun and tiring day.” She sat down on the couch but winced when her body touched the back of the couch.

She was scratching her arms when she noticed that the skins are starting to peel off.

“Eh?” her eyes widened and immediately she ran to the bathroom. She undressed herself and looked at her back through the mirror.

“Oh my god!” she exclaimed. “I got sunburnt.”

Not only her back that got sunburnt, her arms, legs and stomach got burnt by the sun too.

“Aigooo, why am I so clumsy.” She reprimanded herself. “How can I forget to put on sunscreen?”

She lightly touched the burn areas on her body and winced. It hurts badly and she wanted to cry.”

“It’s going to hurt when I bath.” She sank onto the floor and sobbed.

Her phone rang and she answered without looking at the caller ID.

“Hello?” she whispered and wiped her tears. It was Soohyun on the other line.

“Baby?” he called worriedly. “What’s wrong? Your voice sounds different.”

“Oppa…” she cried. “My back hurts. My skin is peeling off my body. It hurts so much.”

“Why, what happened?” he questioned. “Did you get hurt? Did you fall down?”

She shook her head. “I got sunburnt, oppa. I forgot to put on sunscreen.”

“Laura…” she heard him sigh. “I reminded you so many times, remember.”

“I know…” she whined. “But I forgot. I fell asleep at the bench and then I totally forgot about the sunscreen.”

“Don’t worry.” He said. “I will be there in 20 minutes. Just wash your face and brush your teeth.”

She replied an ‘okay’ and hung up the phone. Carefully, she stood up and began her nightly routine. After that, she sat on her bed and waited for Soohyun to arrive. When he opened her bedroom door, she was halfway leaning against the headboard and her eyes were shut.

“Laura…” he whispered and gently nudging her. “Wake up, baby.”

She slowly opened her eyes and gave him a small smile. “Soohyun oppa…”

“Does your body still hurt?” he asked and sat down at the side of the bed.

“Yeah, but mostly on my back.” She told him. “I was lying on my stomach when I fell asleep.”

“I bought Aloe Vera lotion so that I can put it on for you.” He pointed to the small paper bag. “But first, I am going to use a washcloth to clean the burnt areas first.”

She nodded sleepily.

“After that, you can sleep, baby.” He leaned in and kissed her lips. “Sit up first, I am going to wash and put lotion on your front.”

He stood up and went to get a wet washcloth in the bathroom. When he came back, Laura was lying in bed, facing the ceiling. She had stripped to her bra and boy shorts. Soohyun began cleaning her front body. The burnt areas were on her stomach and hands. Luckily, her legs were not badly burnt. Gently as possible, he ran the washcloth over her body. Laura shivered when the cold washcloth hit her skin.

“I am going to put the lotion now.” He squeezed the bottle and let the lotion fall on his palm. “I heard from the salesperson from the store that Aloe Vera is very good medication for burns. I am sure your burns will heal soon.”

He spread the lotion on her stomach and massages them slowly as not to irritate the skin. He did the same to her hands and legs.

“Turn around, baby.” He instructed. “It’s time for your back.”

Soohyun repeated the same steps for her back. But this time, he applied more on her back. By the time he finished applying, Laura was fast asleep. He made sure that she was comfortable before he turned in for bed as well.

 

The next day, Laura and Soohyun went to Eli’s house for a small lunch gathering.

“Hey Laura, I miss you so much.” Dongho came running into the room and hugged her tightly.

Laura winced when awkwardly patted Dongho’s head. “I miss you too, Dongho.”

Soohyun saw that and pulled Dongho away from her. The younger guy glared at him before finding a place to seat.

Kiseop came in next and playfully slapped Laura’s back. “Hey kiddo.”

“Hey yourself.” She gritted her teeth against the pain.

One by one, the other guys came into the living room and do skinship with Laura when they said hello.

“Laura, why are you wearing long sleeved shirt?” Kevin asked. “It’s a sunny day.”

She gave him an excuse. “It was cold this morning, so I wore it thinking that it would be cold for the rest of the day.”

“Well, it’s hot now.” AJ pointed out. “Do you want to change into a T-shirt? I am sure Eli has some of his sister’s tank top around.”

“It’s fine, I am okay.” Laura politely declined.

The guy shrugged and began to eat their lunch that was specially cooked by Eli and Kevin. With a full and satisfied stomach, they decided to watch a movie. Halfway through the movie, Soohyun saw that Laura was squirming and she was starting to scratch her arms and back. Moving from his seat beside Hoon, he moved over to Laura.

“Are you okay?” he whispered. “Stop scratching your back. It will hurt your skin more.”

“I can’t stand the itchiness.” She whispered back. “It’s really itchy.”

Soohyun cleared his throat and his friends looked at him.

“We have to go.” He said. “We have other plans.”

“Oh man, but you guys just got here.” Eli pouted. “Do stay for a while more.”

“I am sorry, oppa.” Laura gave him a small smile. “But we will come back soon.”

“Let them go.” Hoon said. “Maybe they have a date.”

“Yeah.” Dongho agreed. “See you guys some other time then.”

Soohyun and Laura left the house and drove back to her house.

 

A few days had passed and her skin has not healed yet. In fact, she had gotten worse as she developed fever. Soohyun had to take leave from work so that he can take care of her.

“Oppa, I am fine…” she mumbled. “Go to work.”

Soohyun placed the small wet washcloth on her forehead. “Nonsense. I am staying here with you. I can’t leave you alone while you are sick.”

“I will be okay.” She responded weakly. “You really don’t have to stay. Work is more important.”

“No, you are more important, baby.” He caressed her cheeks “Sleep now, I will wake you up when it’s time for dinner.”

She nodded and closed her eyes. “I love you, Soohyun oppa.”

“I love you too, Laura.” He smiled and stood up to leave the room.

While Laura was sleeping, Soohyun began to prepare dinner. He decided to make chicken porridge and seaweed soup for her. While the porridge is in the midst of being cooked, Soohyun went to the nearest pharmacy to get some medication for her. By the time he reached back home, the porridge was cooked and ready to be served. He checked on Laura and noticed that she was sound asleep. He glanced at the wall clock and it was seven in the evening.

“Time to wake her up.” He whispered and sat on the side of her bed. He slowly removed the small wet washcloth on her forehead.

“Laura baby, wake up.” He gently patted her arm.

As Laura is a light sleeper, she woke up with ease. She tried sit up and touched her head when she felt dizzy. Soohyun adjusted her pillow so that it was resting against the headboard and made Laura leaned on it.

“Are you comfortable, Laura?” he asked curiously.

When she nodded, he told him that he’s going to bring her dinner to bed. He came back with a tray of food. He stirred the porridge and tasted it to make sure that it wasn’t piping hot. He held the spoon out to Laura who opened and eat it. She was too weak to insist that she can feed herself.

“How are you feeling?” he wiped her lips with a napkin. “I hope you like the porridge that I made. It’s simple and my mother made it for me whenever I was sick.”

“I am feeling a little better and the porridge is delicious.” She replied. “Thank you, oppa.”

He grinned and winked at her.

 

“Oppa, hurry up. The movie’s starting.” She shouted towards the kitchen.

Soohyun came running into the living room with popcorn and snacks in his hands. “I am here, baby.”

The couple sat down on the couch and watched as the movie began. Five days had passed and Laura recovered from her sunburns and fever. They are now spending time together, watching movies.

“Where’s my grapes, baby?” he asked and looked around. “I thought I already bring it over.”

“I will get it.” She stood up and ran to the kitchen. She came back with a plastic full of grapes.

“Thanks.” He held his hand out for the grapes.

She shook her head and plopped one grape into his mouth. “I will feed you, oppa.”

“Awww, you are so sweet.” He hugged her and kissed her cheeks. “That’s why I love you.”

“I love you too, oppa.” She smiled back. “Thank you for taking care of me while I was sick. I really appreciate that.”

The couple smiled at each other and cuddled closer as they continued watching the movie.