I Can't

All Over Again
6 I Can't 
 
"So, can you come over?!" Baekhyun hollered. Chanyeol held the phone farther from his face. Baekhyun had just called him and asked him to come over. Chanyeol, of course, had no interest whatsoever. He was wondering how Baekhyn got his number.
 
"I can, but I don't want to." Chanyeol grunted. He heard Baekhyun's footsteps over the phone. Chanyeol where he was wakling to.
"Okay then, open your front door." Baekhyun yelled excitedly. Chanyeol groaned and got up. He wondered why Baekhyun wanted him to go open his door. To his surprise, when he opened the door, he saw an excited Baekhyun jumping up and down.
 
"Since you didn't want to come over, I just came over here!" Baekhyun hopped up and down. Without even a greeting, he walked past Chanyeol, into his house.
 
"I didn't invite you in." Chanyeol shut the door and glared at Baekhyun.
"Then, why did you shut the door?" Baekhyun bursted a big grin, knowing he had won. 
 
"Why are you here?" Chanyeol sat down next to Baekhyun and looked at him. Baekhyun bursted out laughing. Wonder filled Chanyeol's head on what Baekhyun could be laughing about.
 
"You should stop being serious, Chanyeol. You should just have fun once in a while." Baekhyun poked Chanyeol's temple with his finger.
"How's the tree doing?" Chanyeol raised an eyebrow.
 
Baekhyun tilted his head and shouted, "You come over everyday to check on it!"
"But something could still happen over night!" Chanyeol yelled back. It's true that he and Baekhyun had walked home together after school everyday so he could check up on the tree. He would come over some weekends too. 
 
"Don't worry about it, I take good care of it." Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "I watered it this morning already, so relax."
"Then why are you here?" Chanyeol still had no clue.
Baekhyun playfully punched Chanyeol's shoulder. "To hang out!" 
 
"Chanyeol! Are you okay honey?!" Chanyeol turned his head towards the kitchen.
"No mom! Baekhyun's bothering me! Tell him to leave!" Chanyeol yelled and stood up.
Chanyeol's mom stood by the kitchen door and leaned on the counter top. She wasn't that young but looked like she just aged her 20s.
 
"Mrs.Park, I wanted to hang out with Chanyeol today, but he wouldn't let me!" Baekhyun wined with his puppy dog eyes. Chanyeol rolled his eyes. He shrugged and tried walking back to his room.

"Chanyeol! Go out in the sunlight!" Mrs.Park pointed her finger at the door.
"Why can't we just stay in?" Chanyeol wined. Baekhyun had never seen Chanyeol act this way before. 
He must have a soft spot for his mom, Baekyhun thought.
"If Chanyeol doesn't want to go out, we could just play in his room!" Baekhyun flashed a big grin, as though he had jsut made Chanyeol's day.
 
Chanyeol was indeed, still in a grumpy mood. They spent 3 hours in Chanyeol's room, watching TV. While ignoring the TV, Baekhyun decided to lighten things up by showing off his skill of throwing a cheese ball in the air and catching it with his mouth. Chanyeol tried doing the same thing. He took a cheese ball, threw it in the air, and opened his mouth. The cheese ball landed on his cheeks and rolled down to the floor.
 
"Close! But not close enough!" Baekhyun laughed. Chanyeol glared at him.
 
After throwing cheese balls, opera came on TV. Chanyeol and Baekhyun sat side by side to watch. Chanyeol wanted to change the channel, but Baekhyun insisted that he didn't.
 
 
As time passed by, Chanyeol heard Baekhyun yawn and felt Baekhyun's arm weight next to his. Chanyeol looked next to him. Baekhyun's eyes were close and his head was drooping to his chest. Chanyeol was about to get up and bring Baekhyun a blanket for sweet dreams, but he found this task a bit difficult. Baekhyun's whole body wasn't on top of Chanyeol, but his arms were. If Chanyeol got up, Baekhyun would wake up.
 
Chanyeol didn't want to get stuck in this position for the next hours. He shook Baekhyun's shoulders to wake him up. Baekhyun didn't budge. He took one cookie from the plate sitting right next to him and put it under Baekhyun's nose. Baekhyun didn't wake up, even to the smell of his favorite snickerdoodle. 
 
A couple of minutes passed, and Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun. He had noticed things he hadn't notice before. Like the way Baekhyun's hair was straight and that his top layer of hair was light brown and the bottom layer was dark brown. He wondered at Baekhyun's eyelids and how pale they were.
 
Chanyeol shook his head furiously. He felt himself being creeped out. Why was he suddenly examining Baekhyun's everything? It didn't make sense. It couldn't possibly mean that he grown to like Baekhyun. No, it wasn't that.
 
He wasn't that type of person to start liking someone easily. Not when that certain person was Baekhyun. Chanyeol, deep in thought, grasped a snicker doodle from the plate and started munching it furiously. The taste of butter stayed on his tongue. His tongue skidded over his lips.
 
A tiny gasp escaped Chanyeol's mouth. Baekhyun's body suddenly shifted, and his head dropped on Chanyeol's shoulder. Baekhyun was sleeping on Chanyeol. Baekhyun's head was heavy, but that wasn't what Chanyeol was worried about. If he had grown to like Baekhyun...no, he couldn't. This can't be happening.
 
He fell in love with other guys before, but it wasn't a gay thing. It's when you fall in love with someone the friendly way, and you just love them as a human being. Chanyeol remembered how it was when he fell in love with Kim Jongin. In other words, Kai
 
At first sight, Kai was dancing smoothly at a dance studio his mom works at. He was dancing to a type of hip hop song while popping. Suddenly, the track changed to a slow love song. It was safe to say that Chanyeol had never seen anyone dance like that before. His moves to the change of tempo was so smooth that you couldn't even tell if the beat had even changed at all.
 
Back in reality, he couldn't even imagine liking Baekhyun and having him tag along everywhere. He just can't. So what was he going to do now? Push him off.
 
 
                                                                                                                                                                                         eg *  
 
 author's note 
»I was listening to the song, and got inspired to write the Baekyeol sleep scene.