Follow

All Over Again
14 Follow 
 
Chanyeol woke up early on Saturday morning with a stir on the back of his mind. He stayed up half of the night thinking about why Baekhyun was acting so weird. His first thought was that he did something to upset him, but then again, he was careful with his words. An idea came to his mind when he was thinking. He decided to spy on Baekhyun throughout that whole Saturday and see what was going on with Baekhyun.
 
When he remembered his plan, he quickly jumped out of bed and got dressed. As soon as he got his shirt and pants on correctly, he ran down the stairs. As he got to the door, his cellphone started buzzing. He took it to check who was calling. Lukcily, it was just the alarm telling him to wake up and get ready to stalk Baekhyun. It was difficult for him to put on his shoes at first because he mixed them up.
 
Once he got his shoes on, he ran to Baekhyun's house. He stood right next to the front door and waited, but he didn't wait long because after a few minutes, the door opened. Chanyeol quickly ran behind the wall. He peeked at the door and saw Baekhyun walk out. Chanyeol inched away from the wall a bit. Baekhyun seemed to be fixing his jacket a bit, since it was prety cold out in the morning.  After he fixed and zipped up his jacket, he walked in the direction away from Chanyeol. Chanyeol waited until Baekhyun was at a certain distance, then he got out behind the wall and walked after Baekhyun.
 
Chanyeol tried his best to look normal ad blend in the crowd, as Baekhyun stopped at a cafe to order breakfast. Baekhyun spent half an hour finishing his eggs, bacon, and sausages. It was difficult for Chanyeol since Baekhyun would occasionly look out the window at all the people walking by, and Chanyeol would walk a little to blend in with the crowd and then walk back to his spot. Unfortunately, there was nothing strange about Baekhyun eating breakfast, but it seemed to Chanyeol that Baekhyun was going to meet someone.
 
Why doesn't he just breakfast at home? Chanyeol wondered.
 
Baekhyun picked up a napkin and wiped his mouth. Then, he pushed out his chair and stood up. Chanyeol eyed very carefully what Baekhyun was going to do next. Baekhyun called the waitress over and leaned down to whisper something in her ear. He took out his wallet and gave her tip. Chanyeol tensed up a bit. There nothing, nothing strange about this at all. So why was he worrying so much?
 
Baekhyun pushed the door and exited the cafe. Chanyeol waited for Baekhyun to be a certain distance before walking again. Except that this time, Chanyeol had to get closer to Baekhun because the amount of people around them were increasing. It was tough for Chanyeol trying to follow Baekhyun while pushing through the people walking around him. He tried not being too noticable since his head was sticking out on top of everyone else's.
 
He saw Baekhyun turned a corner and Chanyeol immediately turned the corner behind him. Chanyeol seem to be following Baekhyun a very slim walkway with stores on either side of them. Although it looked ghetto, the walkway was also crowded. As crowded as the sidewalk Chanyeol was walking on before turning the corner. Chanyeol stopped thinking and turned his focus on where Baekhyun was walking. Baekhyun entered a place that Chanyeol had never seen before. 
 
Chanyeol stood by the window on the side and peeked inside to see what was going on.  Baekhyun entered a room full of toddlers and  four year olds. He took off his coat and put it on the coat rack. The children all crowd around him, wanting him to play with them. Chanyeol finally got an idea of what this place is.
 
A nursery, Chanyeol thought.
 
Hours passed, as Chanyeol watched Baekhyun ate lunch and played with the kids. Strangely, Chanyeol never got bored of watching Baekhyun playing with the kids. A grin spread across his face just seeing Baekhyun smiling.
 
As the sun started to set, Baekhyun got ready to leave. Baekhyun waited for each kid's parent to come and pick them up. All of the parents said thank you to him and drove their kid home. Baekhyun sighed and took his coat off the coat rack. He checked his phone with a concern look. Chanyeol stared at him. He seemed to be texting someone. Baekhyun put his phone back into his pocket and exited the nursery. Chanyeol swiftly ran behind a tree.
 
Baekhyun walked out of the alley and onto the main street. Chanyeol, once again, struggled to follow Baekhyun. Just because it wasn't daytime anymore, doesn't mean that there aren't many people around. Once they got away from all the people, Baekhyun walked onto a bridge. Chanyeol stared at the huge bridge that crossed the water. There was no one but Baekhyun on it. He wondered why no one was on here. Baekhyun stopped in the middle. He bent down to look in a box. Curious, Chanyeol cautiously walked over.
 
Baekhyun reached inside and grabbed onto something. Chanyeol wanted to know what it was. Chanyeol's wonder was answered when Baekhyun pulled out a a gray kitten. Baekhyun clasped his two hands around it's whole body. That's how small it was.
 
"Aww, are you lost little guy?" Baekhyun nuzzled it in his arms in comfort. He walked all the way home, holding onto the kitten.
 
Once he reached his front door, he slowly turned the knob. His door opened, but he just stood there. Chanyeol, who was behind the wall, stood there in silence.
 
"You can come out now." Baekhyun shook in the cold night air. Chanyeol stood still, not knowing what to do. Was Baekhyun talking to him?
"I know you're there." Baekhyun spoke once again. Chanyeol still didn't get out from behind the wall.
"Chanyeol." Baekhyun said with a firm tone. Chanyeol finally got out from behind the wall, with an awkward expression.
 
He expected Baekhyun to be mad and question him on why he was spying on him, but Baekhyun wasn't mad. He was just standing there, with a kitten on his hands, with a small smile.
 
"How did you know?" Chanyeol laughed.
"You know, you're very tall." Baekhyun laughed after Chanyeol. The kitten jumped out of Baekhyun's hands and ran down the street.
 
                                                                                                                                                                                         eg *  
 
 author's note 
»This chapter inspired by 'Kaichou wa Maid-sama.'