Squiggles

All Over Again
10 Squiggles 
 
Chanyeol remembered going to the annual  Seoul Winter Festival every year for three years. And every year, he brought someone different with him. When he was a freshman, he went with Kris. When he was a sophomore, he want with Kai. When he was a junior, he went with D.O. This year, as a senior, he had a date with Baekhyun at the very same fair.
 
He didn't like how it was always loud and crowded with losers. The fact that the tables and benches were gross and dirty didn't help his mood. The thing he hated most about the annual festival was the stage they always have for people to perform. There were always guys who serenaded to girls and all this dumb stuff that Chanyeol has no interest in. And whoever Chanyeol comes with every year, they would always want to sit in the crowd and listen to other people sing. He hoped Baekhyun wouldn't want to do that.
 
He saw Baekhyun at the entrance of the festival, jumping up and down. Chanyeol gave a small smile. He bought two tickets and walked in with Baekhyun.
 
"Did you water the tree?" Chanyeol slyly asked. He was nervous for not coming over to check on the tree as he used to.
"Yup! Early this morning!" Baekhyun cheekily said. Chanyeol awkwardly pat Baekhyun's head.
 
Throughout the whole day, Baekhyun went from game booth to food booth to game booth and the process repeats. Chanyeol had been following Baekhyun around like a stalker, literally. When Baekhyun had to 'go' he told Chanyeol to wait right outside and not go anywhere. As the moon came up, excitement was in the air. That meant that the damn concert was about to start. Chanyeol checked his clock. 6:29. He quickly dragged Baekhyun passed the stage and to the exit. 
 
He sure didn't want to be here when the concert started. He had tried to escape every year, but every year he failed. And to think that he would suceed this year. His chance was certainly gone. Once the opening started, Baekhyun wined.
 
"Let's go see what's going on!" Baekhyun dragged Chanyeol to the crowd. He found two seats next to some weirdos who were throwing popcorn at each other. Chanyeol sat down and started fidgeting. He felt so uncomfortable. He hated this place.
 
I shouldn't have agreed to come, he thought and face palmed himself. "I'll be right back." Chanyeol said to Baekhyun a squeezed through the crowd. Baekhyun's face expression was just blank.
 
Chanyeol didn't know what to do. He just didn't want to be there. He eyed an interesting game booth. The game booth owner told him to shoot the darts at the three balloons to win a big prize. Chanyeol nodded and pick up a dart. He looked around at all the balloons in front of him. There were so many different colors he didn't know which one to pop. Suddenly, he eyed a light blue one. He imagined D.O's face on there. He didn't know why, but when he threw the dart, the balloon popped. 
 
As soon as he popped the thrid balloon, the buzzer went off. The light that indicated that he had won turned red. The person who took control of the booth, walked over to him.
 
"You could pick a prize up there!" He pointed to the top shelf of prize. Chanyeol, not surprised himself, saw only stuffed animals. Bt one caught his eye. It looked exactly like the mini alpalca he had won for Kris three years ago. He couldn't stop staring at it. Just looking at it brought back so much memories. Chanyeol shook his head and decided to get that one. He grabbed it with one hand and hurried back to Baekhyun, even though he wasn't so eager to get back there. He squeezed through the crowd to find Baekhyun and once he did, he threw the stuffed animal at him.
 
Baekhyun's face broke into a huge grin as he grabbed it close and jumped up and down. He jumped out of his chair and hugged Chanyeol for a quick second.
 
"Thank you!" He shouted and kissed the alpalca. Chanyeol couldn't help but smile.
"You should give it a name." Chanyeol simply said.
"I already have one for it." Baekhyun grinned even harder. "Squiggles."
 
                                                                                                                                                                                         eg *  
 
 author's note 
»I got inspired by Despicable Me. hahahaha