Parfait

All Over Again
11 Parfait 
 
Are you coming yet?, Chanyeol typed and pressed send. He knew it was hard to travel in this weather, especially since the snow has been falling now more than ever, but it's been precisely eight minutes and Baekhyun still wasn't here. The yogurt bar wasn't far from his house either.
 
Chanyeol jumped a bit. His phone was buzzing, erupting his thoughts.
 
I'm coming in now, the text read. Something wasn't right about that text. There was no exclamation mark, or smiley faces and emoticons like his usual texts. Chanyeol was about to text 'What's wrong?' but decided it was nothing. He shouldn't worry over a silly text.
 
A gust of wind surrounded Chanyeol. He looked up and saw Baekhyun entering through the glass door of the yogurt bar. Chanyeol put up his hand a bit for Baekhyun to see. Baekhyun gave a slight smile and walked over. He pulled out a chair and sat across from Chanyeol.
 
There was a bit of silence until Chanyeol spoke up. "Is something going on?" Chanyeol asked straight up. He didn't like holding his feelings in.
Baekhyun slowly looked up at him and gave his head a small shake. "No, why?" Baekhyun broke out into a grin. But this wasn't a usual grin. It didn't feel like a usual grin. The feeling of it was very different, and Chanyeol didn't know why.
 
During the whole time, Chanyeol and Baekhyun left their treats untouched. They got into talking about the alpalca Chanyeol won for Baekhyun last week at the Seoul Winter Festival. Chanyeol laughed at Baekhyun when he said that he sleeps and cuddles with it every night. After a few more laughs, Chanyeol had a weird feeling. Something about Baekhyun wasn't right. Or was he just thinking about that text? Whatever it was, he had to get it out of his system because he was not liking that strange feeling towards Baekhyun.
 
"So...um...I heard about the New Years party down your block." Baekhyun smiled a bit while saying this.
"And, you want me to come with you?" Chanyeol asked hopefully. He liked spening time with Baekhyun and he wanted to make every moment with him last. Baekhyun put one hand behind his head and rubbed it nervously.
 
"Yeah, sorry it's kinda early to ask..." Baekhyun chuckled and started fidgeting in his seat a bit. Chanyeol gave a small cough. Baekhyun jumped a bit, startled by his cellphone vibrating. He took it out and seemed to be reading a text.
 
Baekhyun slowly pushed his chair back. "I have to go." He said and ran out the door. Chanyeol sat there, mentalstrucked. He thought Baekhyun didn't have any other friends beside Chanyeol. Chanyeol decided to  shrug it off. What's wrong if Baekhyunh had other friends. Chanyeol remembered Kris and Kai. He was their best friend, and they had plenty of other friends, too.
 
Yet, all that time passed and their parfaits were still untouched and started melting.
 
                                                                                                                                                                                         eg *  
 
 author's note 
»Thank you for supporting me, my lovely Exquisites! Mwuah!