CHAPTER ONE.

My Obsession.

 

AGE 12.
 
This was the age when I first met Kwon Jiyong.
 
It all started when I was getting ready to head to YG Entertainment.  Yes I got scouted at the age of 12.  I was packing bag when I heard a knock on the door.  It was my older brother Tablo.
 
“Ready to go?” He asked me.
 
My older brother is exactly older than me by 8 years.  He was a wonderful brother but a bit too over protective sometimes.  Oppa wanted to a famous hip hop artist with his group called Epik High.  He wanted to show the world the world of hip hop through his songs.  But in order for him to do that, he had to fulfill his promise to our parents.  And that is to graduate college.  He attends Stanford University in America but he’s on break right now.
 
“De. I’m almost done.” I told him.
 
“I don’t get why you want to go to YG Entertainment.” He told me.
 
“And why is that?” I asked.
 
“I don’t know. You don’t seem to fit into that place.  Why can’t you just go into SM Entertainment.  YG seems like a place for wangsters and it seems so ghetto.” He told me.
 
“I don’t care. I like YG.”
 
“Well I don’t.  Their music is okay. Not that great.” He told me.
 
“One day you’re going to learn how to appreciate YG.  Maybe you should try out for YG too.” I told him which caused him to laugh.
 
“I will never ever sign with YG if I ever become famous.” He told me.
 
“Whatever. Let’s go oppa.” I told him and he took me to YG Entertainment.
 
“Well go kick some kiddo.  Oppa’s cheering for you.” He smiled at me and left.
 
Honestly, I was scared to death to be here.  Will I be the only kid who’s here?  I wonder what everyone will think of me.  I walked into the building and a security stopped me.
 
“Why are you here kid?” He asked me.
 
“I’m a new trainee here.” I told him and showed him my badge.
 
“Well welcome to YG kid.” He smiled at me and let me in. “Good luck.”
 
I walked into the elevator and pressed the eight button.  That was where all the new trainees are suppose to meet.  The elevator was about to close but someone put there hand in the middle.  It was Teddy Park from 1TYM!  I was a huge fan.  I bowed to him but didn’t say anything.  He didn’t say anything but smiled at me.  HE SMILED AT ME!  ME… LEE JINHEE.  I can’t believe it!
 
“I haven’t see you around before.  You new here?” He asked me.
 
“De.  Today’s my first day sunbae.” I replied and he laughed.
 
“You don’t have to call me sunbae. Just call me oppa.” He winked at me.
 
“D-de.” I stuttered.
 
“You’re cute!  I dub you as my little dongsaeng.” He told me while messing with my hair. “Good luck.  And welcome to the YG family kiddo.”
 
“Thanks oppa.” I told him shyly.
 
“And what’s your name?”
 
“Jinhee. Lee Jinhee.” I told him softly.
 
“Ah. So you’re Jinhee.  The triple threat.” He replied.
 
“Triple threat?”
 
“Yeah. You can sing, dance, and rap. That will be a triple threat in this industry.  I can’t wait to see what you’re capable of doing.  I’ll wait until that day.” He told me and walked out of the elevator.
 
I cannot believe I got to meet 1TYM’s leader Teddy Park!  He is so good looking!  The elevator stopped at my floor and I got out and walked towards the room where I was suppose to meet the other trainees.  I wonder how old they’ll be and if it’s a guy or a girl.  I walked into a room and saw two other guys in the room.  They looked really young too.  The two guys looked over at me and one of them asked me something.
 
“Are you a new trainee too?” He asked me while smiling to me.
 
He had a very cute eye smile!  His friend was good looking too!
 
“D-de.” I said softly.
 
“We are too! Nice to meet you! I’m Dong Youngbae.” He smiled at me.
 
“I’m Lee Jinhee.” I told him and the other one spoke up.
 
“And I’m Kwon Jiyong.” He smiled at me.
 
“It’s nice to meet you guys.” I told them.
 
“How old are you?” Jiyong asked me.
 
“I’m 12. What about you guys?”
 
“We’re both 13 which makes us your oppa!” Youngbae grinned at me.
 
“It seems so.” I told him.
 
“Since we’re the youngest trainees here let’s stick together!” Jiyong grinned. 
 
“We’ll be like the three amigos!” Youngbae joined in and I couldn’t help but laugh.
 
We heard a knock on the door and then someone walked into the room.  It was a woman in her thirties and she was carrying a black bag with her.  She looked really mean and cold.  She didn’t even smile at all!
 
“My name is Kim Eunbi.  You guys can call me Mrs. Kim. I will be your instructor for the next few weeks.  I will teach you guys the proper way to dance.  You guys will meet with me four times a week.  I’ll hand you guys your schedule after today’s lesson.” She told us.
 
“It’s nice to meet you Mrs. Kim.” Youngbae spoke up.
 
“Alright. Let’s get started.  You guys got my memo right?  Go change and wear the shoes I asked you guys to go buy.” She said and we left to go change.
 
“What shoes?” I asked the guys.
 
“You didn’t get the memo?  We have to buy these black dance shoes that is specifically designed for what Mrs. Kim wants us to do.” Youngbae told me.
 
“I didn’t get a memo.” I said.
 
“It was in our acceptance letter.” Jiyong told me.
 
“It was?!  This is what I get for not reading the whole thing!” I whined. “What happens if we don’t have the shoes today?”
 
“You can’t participate in today’s lesson and you’ll get in trouble with Mrs. Kim.  She made sure that we get these shoes.” Jiyong told me.
 
“What am I going to do now?” I sighed. “I guess I’ll see you guys later.”
 
I packed up my bags and started walking towards the room to tell Mrs. Kim I didn’t have my shoes.
 
“Wait. You can take mine.” Jiyong said.
 
“What?”
 
“Just take my shoes.” He said and handed me his shoes and left the room.
 
“That’s Ji for you.” Youngbae told me.
 
“But he would get in trouble and he didn’t even do anything.” I said.
 
“He doesn’t like seeing girls sad.  Just take his shoes.  He’ll be fine.” Youngbae told me.
 
“I wouldn’t fit his shoes though.” I said.
 
“It’s only for today so don’t worry.” Youngbae told me. “Let’s go.”
 
I just nodded my head and we both walked back into the room.  We heard Mrs. Kim yelling at Jiyong.
 
“If you don’t have your shoes then you can’t participate today!” She yelled at him. 
 
“I’m sorry.” was all Jiyong said.
 
“How can you be so irresponsible?!  You should’ve read the whole letter!”
 
“I’m sorry.”
 
“Just go home.  And for a week you’ll have to stay behind and clean all the practice rooms!” She told him.
 
“De.” He said and left.
 
Why would Jiyong take the blame for me?  Why would he give up his shoes for me and get in trouble?  We just met too!  That was the first time I met Kwon Jiyong and I knew from that day on that he was someone special to me.