oo7

C H O S E N

tumblr_mglv6zhMso1qbckpfo8_250.png

 

 

 

 

“Don’t…move…”  Ilhoon whispered so lowly under his breath Sohyun had the mind to ask him what he said but she knew damn well not to make a sound and stay as still as a rock anyway.  The bird creature was foul looking.  It had no feathers and its skin was sickly brown.  The wings were like a bat’s wings, thin and flaccid; they could see the bone structure outlining the creature.  One of the wings was bent backwards, which was the result of the creature falling so suddenly.  It was walking in circles trying to figure out its surroundings and then from a distance something too loud and too obnoxious fell.  Both sohyun and Ilhoon looked down the street to see a figure knocking over a trash can by accident.  The monster caught it and screamed.  The figure down the street screamed too.  When Sohyun looked closely, she could make out who the figure was.


“I know that scream.”  She said, all too familiar with the voice of her beloved and one and only Sungjae.   Just as the monster began running down the street after him, Sohyun on the other side of the road did too.  Ilhoon rolled his eyes.

“This girl…”  He followed after her, both of them desperately trying to outrun the monster and get to Sungjae first.  Ace was deep in Ilhoon’s pocket at this point.  Sungjae didn’t even know who else was chasing after him.  All he was trying to do was run for his life, and he’ll be damned if he didn’t scream the entire time.

“Sungjae oppa!  Sungjae oppa!”  Sohyun called for him, but of course he couldn’t hear her over himself.  The monster on the other side of the road was at the same distance as Sohyun and Ilhoon.   Sungjae was running down the middle of the road.  It was like a dysfunctional 100 meter dash.  “SUNGJAE OPPA!”  Her screams echoed loud enough for the whole block to hear, and it caught nearly everyone off guard, including Sungjae, but then he remember there was a monster behind him, and he didn’t dare look back, so he kept running, and he kept screaming.

The monster had stopped completely, distracted by Sohyun’s sudden outburst, and then turned its attention to her.  They were right across the street from each other, Sohyun stopped to see it noticing her as well.  Ilhoon stood in front of her as a shield but she stepped in front of him.

“And just what do you plan on doing?”
“Stay back.”  She demanded as the bird creature got ready to charge at them.  It screeched awfully loud, Ilhoon had to cover his ears, and then it began running their way.  Sohyun took a deep breath and held on to her ring.  She slipped it on just as the creature was a few feet away, squinting just in case it didn’t work, and Ilhoon held on to her shoulders, closing his eyes tight and waited for the worse.

They waited ten seconds to make sure they were still alive, and then slowly began to look.  The creature had stopped running, and just stood a few paces in front of them casually.  Sohyun noticed it had a calmer look in its eyes, and brought herself closer to it.  Ilhoon held on to her and restricted her movements at first, but then he let her go.  She moved up to the creature, which even lowered its head for Sohyun to pet it.  She did that very thing, hesitantly, and the comfortably.  The creature was soothed, and then its broken wing began to bend forward until it was straight again.

 

“Did you just heal it?”  Ilhoon asked mesmerized, at this point figuring out why he was still getting surprised by the amazing things Sohyun could and kept doing.
“I think I did…yeah…”  She laughed.

 

tumblr_mfvak9B0m11qbckpfo9_r1_1280.png