o11

C H O S E N

Yeah...sorry about the late update.  I've actually had the majority of this chapter written out, I just needed to finish it, and I wanted to write other chapters, but oh well.  I felt like I should go ahead and submit so I won't be too behind on my updates.  And this chapter is supposed to be longer but I went ahead and decided to split it into two parts, again for the sake of an update.  Glad you guys are patient!


 

 

 

 

tumblr_mglw45R0221qbckpfo3_250.png

 

 

 

 

 

Not another question asked, Sohyun hung up and finished gathering the things she needed.  She slung her backpack across her shoulders and tip toed out the house—her parents crying and apologizing to each other all the while.  Ilhoon was already in front of the school, outside the gates when Sohyun arrived, by that time winded from the fast pedaling.

“Why is such a powerful girl so out of shape?”  Ilhoon ridiculed.  He rolled his eyes while Sohyun didn’t bother to respond to him and kicked his bike over instead, causing him to fall with it.

“Let’s go.”

Like the phone conversation, she didn’t stay to allow any more discussion.  They rode their bikes through the empty provinces of Seoul until there was nothing but dirt to pedal on.  They traveled along an abandoned train track that Hae Young used to guide his way outside the city.  Further down the ground became unsteadied, the air became thicker, the aura a bit chilling.

“Here we are.”

It was like they came to the end of the world, the huge timber wall separating them from whatever was out there, the Forbidden Zone.  They had finally approached the forbidden area and they went up to the main gate.  There was a small stool device that stood alone from the locked entrance. Ilhoon stood aside and watch the other as she emptied out the contents in her backpack.  She handed Ilhoon the flashlight and he utilized it, guiding her to find the item she needed.  The light began to go all over the place when Ilhoon suddenly began to laugh hysterically.

“Yah, keep it still!”  Sohyun demanded.  Ilhoon continued to laugh but he also managed to get out what needed to be said.

“Sohyun, do you always carry around a boy band poster?”

"Can you not? This is BTOB and one of the members looks like someone I know. That's all. It's a comforting thing."

"Yeah ok."

She took out her Haeyoung's identification card which was easy to get a hold of since he was so easily distracted by anything his sister had to say.  Haeyoung was a bit of an airhead, Sohyun noted.

"Are you sure this is ok?" Ilhoon asked. Sohyun slipped the card in the device for the machine to read.  "Why is the security so easy to breach?"A

"Because no one is crazy enough to want to go outside the Safety Zone." Sohyun pointed out, which made a lot of sense. Even if the gates were left unlocked, only a fool would venture the forbidden zone for the hell of it. A few seconds later a red light switched green and the gates slowly opened, letting out a gasp of hot hair from the other side. The teenagers were suddenly both excited and anxious and Sohyun smiled.

"Let's go."