o14

C H O S E N

tumblr_mglw45R0221qbckpfo6_250.png

She woke up to soft nibbling on her ear.  Sohyun was a bit startled when she saw that Ace was jumping on her head and pulling her ear in attempt to wake her up.  The furry little creature succeeded and Sohyun sat herself up in bed.  Wait.  Whose bed was she in?

“Finally up?”  Ilhoon was sitting on a stool right in front of her, trying to hide his laughter at witnessing Ace’s mischievous behavior.  So he was the one to blame.

Sohyun turned her head, unfamiliar with her surrondings.  She could see through the window that the sun was rising and the stupid anthem was playing.  She couldn’t remember a thing.

“Where am I?”  She asked softly.

“My place.” Ilhoon beamed.  Ace jumped onto his shoulder and made a noise that was probably equivalent to a dog barking in excitement.  “She’s happy to see you.”

“How’d we get here?”  Sohyun continued on in her baffled state, trying to get her senses together.  Ilhoon had to control himself from laughing again.

“You carried me.”  He announced, and Sohyun looked up at him even more confused.  “That is…I was having a hard time walking, so you piggy backed me until we reached the nearest bus station.  You passed out from there and by the time we got back to our neighborhood, I had enough energy to carry you inside here, and I let you sleep on the bed.”  Sohyun continued to look at him confused.  “I slept on the couch, if that’s what’s worrying you.”

“No…”  Sohyun brought her hand up to her head, trying to see if she had a fever of some sort.  Her head was pounding.  “I just don’t remember what happened after the crazy spider incident...”  Remembering that such a thing had happened, she began to evaluate Ilhoon.  Even going as far as lifting his shirt and touching his back.  “Are you ok?  Are you completely healed?”
He had to let his laughter out now.
“Yah,” Sohyun pinched him.  “Stop acting like that.”
“I’m not the one touching people.” 

Sohyun cleared and removed her hands.  She stretched a bit and sighed exasperated.   “I keep putting you in danger.”

Ilhoon stood and walked around the bed, only to sit himself on the other side beside Sohyun.  “This is the most fun I’ve ever had.  Are you scared?  You kept crying and apologizing until you fell asleep.  You felt really bad.”

“I still feel bad.”  Sohyun corrected. “You almost died because of me.”

“But you saved me.”

She became frustrated and jumped out of the bed.  “That isn’t the point!” She yelled.  “Something’s wrong with me—something is VERY wrong with me.  That thing that attacked us last night knew who I was and what I had become and it had a face.  What if I become like that?”

“You won’t.”
“You don’t know that!  I keep getting weirder and weirder, capable of doing things I have no full control over.  You and I—neither of us know know what’s happening to me.”

She was scared; Ilhoon could finally see the side of Sohyun he had never seen.  While that whole time she seemed oblivious to the end of the world, she was more worried about his safety and what she was becoming.  He went over to her and wrapped his arms around her.  She was crying again.

“You’re really pitiful.”  He confessed, causing him to earn another pinch and he chuckled a bit.  “Why are you so brave during the strange and dangerous times but become fragile and vulnerable when it’s least expected?”  He pulled Sohyun a few inches away from him so he could look at her.  “You’re not a monster.”

“I don’t know what I am anymore.”

“You’re Kwon Sohyun!  A 16 year old girl who likes to study, eat, and fawn over her future husband Sungjae.”

That made her laugh and Ilhoon felt accomplished.  They had to admit that Sohyun still had traits of her teenage self, both physically and mentally.  If she were to become a monster she would continue her studies for no apparent reason.  Ilhoon couldn’t help himself but take advantage of the moment.  Sohyun still in his arms and quite decent looking.  He normally dated girls that were ullzzangs or queenkas.  Sohyun was extremely average looking, but he didn’t care.  And he didn’t care about Sungjae.

“The hell?”  Sohyun dodged Ilhoon’s face when his leaned in closer to hers.  Both their bodies stiffened after the outcome of Sohyun rejecting Ilhoon’s kiss.  “What are you doing?”  She snapped.

Ilhoon frowned and let her go.  He walked over to his bed saying “Nothing.”  At that time Sohyun’s cell phone started ringing but she didn’t stop from giving Ilhoon the most judgmental look ever as she answered.

“Hello?"
“Finally!”  Her mother’s voice sounded from the receiver.  “This reception is so awful—I’ve been trying to call you for almost thirty minutes now.”
“Oh…Mom.”  Sohyun turned around, her back facing Ilhoon while she continued her phone conversation.  “No, I just woke up early to take a walk…I’m telling the truth!...Yes…yes…yes I’ll be home for breakfast.  Bye.”

She turned around to see Ilhoon with the same frown, lying on his bed throwing an eternal fit.

“Get dressed.”  Sohyun told him.  “We’re going to eat breakfast.”