Three

Saying I Love You

09/08/2010

Today is the second day of Grade 9 and I'm already nervous. School hasn't started and I'm nervous. Sunye and I are in the market square, chatting with three other girls. They're really kind and really sweet, and I think we five are becoming close friends. Well, Sunye and I are already close friends.

"Earth to Yeeun?" Yubin unnie waves her hand in front of me, snapping me out of my daydream of you know who it is. Sigh.

"Yes?"

"You look like you were zoning out." Yubin unnie is the only one here in Grade 10, so she knows this school better than the rest of us girls.

Sunye, who's beside me, chuckles. "She was, unnie. You should have seen her yesterday. She was going crazy over this guy."

"Ooh," my 4D friend, Sunmi, comes in really close to me and examines my face.

"What is it? Do I have something on my face? A zit? Acne explosion?"

Sunmi and Sohee burst out laughing while Yubin unnie and Sunye whisper to each other. I feel so left out. But they're probably talking about me..

"Hey Yeeun!" a husky male voice calls out. Oh lord, don't tell me it's him.. I've been avoiding him so well and must he run into me now? I don't want the girls watching..

I turn around and sure enough, it's him. With the same guys he was with yesterday too. "H-hello Daesung!" I try to say as calmly as I can. I don't want to sound jumpy or excited because his friends would probably figure it out. Him, too.

"Is he the guy?" I hear Sohee whisper to Sunye who nods. I glare at her from the corner of my eye. 'Be careful, Sun,' I mouth.

Right when Daesung and his friends walk closer to us, the bell rings. Thank goodness for their bad timing. I grab my stuff and stand up. No matter how much I want to just run to my first period class, I can't. I have to wait for Sunmi and Sohee, who I have it with.

"What do you have first, Yeeun?" Daesung asks me. I mentally sigh. His voice is so heavenly... stop Yeeun! Stop thinking these thoughts!

"Uhh.. I have English in E13," I say, shifting my eyes.

"Really? Cool! I have English with you then! Oh and let me introduce you to my friend who has the same class as us, Lee Seungri!"

"Oh, nice to meet you, Seungri," the two girls and I greet politely.

Great. I try to avoid Daesung which I know is impossible. And now I'm stuck with panda boy? I have a feeling this will be a long day.


When the lunch bell rings, I hurry up and grab my stuff. I can't believe I have three classes with Daesung. Physical education is really the only class I don't have with him. Well of course, physical education is a one-gender class, so no males allowed in mine. What am I going to do in English, Math, and Geography class?!

"Wait up Yeeun!" Daesung calls and runs up to me. "Come on, I'll walk you to your locker."

Oh my. He wants to walk me to my locker? Maybe saying those three words won't be so bad after all...

"Daesung!" a female voice calls out. I turn around. God just has to make my life harder. It's this blond who's in Grade 10. She's like a total Barbie. Yubin unnie told us all about her. She's such an idiot too, with the name Amy.

"Oh hi Mimi," Daesung says to that . 'Mimi'? He's close enough to her to call her a nickname?

Yeeun, maybe saying those three words will be the hardest time of your life.