Ten

Saying I Love You

"What do you guys want?" Sohee asks us. She's going to order everything for us, while we stand in the back. Five girls lining up to buy the own snacks takes too long. But it's all good, it's not like we're making her pay for our food. We give her our money.

After a while, we start walking to theatre 7. That's the one that will be showing Soul Surfer.

"Hey, isn't that Youngbae?" Sohee whispers to us. Youngbae? That must mean that Daeesung is here too! Oh no Yeeun. What are you going to do?

Snap, they're walking towards us. Just ignore them, Yeeun. Pretend you and the girls never noticed them in the first place.

Luckily, the movie is starting and since the theatre is filled with people, they walk back quietly to their seats. Wow, we're sitting so close to them. They're just one row behind us.

"When the movie ends, hurry and run out," I tell the girls quietly. They nod.

About halfway through the movie, when it's super boring, Sunye gets up. She whispers to me, "I have to go to washroom. I'll be back." I nod, not knowing what she was up to.

I didn't know until later. When the movie was over.



"Yeeun," my best friends says to me. "If you're planning to say that you love Daesung, you have to do it now. Or else it'll be too late."

"Huh?!" I exclaim. What, I have to tell him I love him now?! I didn't even plan anything!

Sunye must have seen my expression. "On the way to the washroom, I ran into his friend, Youngbae. He told me to tell you that Daesung will be transferring to a different school in a different country."

Different country?! This is harder than I thought it would be. Alright Yeeun. Time to gather all your courage and say it straight to his face.

"Okay, I'll be back," I tell the girls and slip away, searching for Daesung. Or any of his friends.

"Daesung!" I spot him standing near the exit, listening to his iPod. Gosh, why does he look so good and handsome listening to an iPod, wearing just a white T-shirt and a pair of blue jeans?

He snaps his head up. As soon as he sees me, his troubled face turns into a calm face, with the smile I fell in love with. "Oh Yeeun. What's up?"

"I need to tell you something!" I exclaim, panting. I am so unfit. I need to join a sports club or team sometime.

Oh my, he looks so cute with a confused face on.

"I... I... l-lo..." Come on Yeeun! I muster up all the courage I have to say the three words I've been wanting to say ever since the first day of school.

"I love you," I silently tell him, gazing straight into his lovely brown eyes. "Will you return my feelings?"

"Yes," he replies back, leaning in for a kiss. As he kisses me, I kiss him back, like I have never kissed before. I'm finally with the man of my dreams now.

Kang Daesung, you're my heaven.