Tears, Hope and Comfort

Serendipity; A 윤보아 Collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 tears, hope and comfort

ft: (onesided!) yunho/boa, (implied!) jaejoong/boa

pg

 

---

 

Her name was Kwon BoA.

 

Standing at five foot two and barely a hundred pounds, she was as fragile and delicate as a rosebud. That was his high school sweetheart (or so in his mind) slash childhood friend, and to Jung Yunho, it seemed as if he’d loved her for eternity. He had watched her grow up with a flicker of admiration, eventually becoming a full blown crush he had been afraid, embarrassed and shy to act on. And that was the problem.

 

By the time he had decided to act on, Kim Jae Joong had already claimed her, and for two years had he watched them together, right from graduation until finally, marriage. Yunho told no one of this, he was sure he would never be able to tolerate teasing from his best friend Changmin, especially not on something as embarrassing and painful as unrequited love.

 

He trudged along the well maintained garden filled with beautiful shrubs and blooming flowers, finally seeing her sitting (as usual) on the garden bench, a book in her hands. His heart flipped over in his chest, and he ignored it, just as how he had ignored that exact feeling all along. She looked happy and calm, and he was almost sorry to disturb her peace with news she would definitely not want to hear.

 

Jaejoong had been away for five months, unannounced and unexpectedly. With his absence, Yunho had kept an extra watch for his friend, for any news that might involve his whereabouts. And now, finally, words came into the police station that day that his friend had been found. Dead.

 

And of course he had to be the one to break the news to BoA. Not because he wanted to, but because he was their friend, because he knew exactly how to handle the situation that he very much wanted to avoid. Yunho glanced at her figure again, halted at his tracks. The breeze that fluttered the nearby bushes hair, sending her long locks dancing around her face, along her neck and throat.

 

He turned around to leave, not wanting to spoil her mood that evening. Maybe next time, he thought.

 

“Yunho?” And as always, she would notice him. She always does.

“Hi, BoA.” He inwardly sighed and walked towards the petite young lady, who had already stood up to greet him.

 

“Are you here for your usual cup of coffee?” She half-heartedly joked, and all he did was nod guiltily. She ushered him into the house and into the small kitchen quietly.

 

“So…how’s Jae Eun?” Yunho asked, trying to break the ice before he breaks the news to her.

“Oh, she’s fine. She’s improved a lot in her school works, I’m sure she would have lots to tell Jaejoong when he comes home.”

 

Yunho held his breath and hesitated. She had her back facing him, and he was glad she could not see his expression at the moment.

 

“What if he doesn’t come back?”

 

“Sorry?” She wasn’t sure if her ears were deceiving her, or if she had refused to believe what she had heard. BoA chose to believe the former and therefore ignoring him as she reached into one of the cabinets for a cup. She nearly dropped the ceramic ware when she felt his hands curled into her shoulders gently, and tur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter