12: Shrikethrush is a name of a poisonous bird.

A cup of hot chocolate

Shrikethrush's POV

 

I slammed the door behind me.

I was so mad. Mad at how all plans are not working well. I should’ve NOT let those five useless idiots to handle on capturing Luhan.

Luhan was at the bar, and yet they met Sehun without any suspicion on their surroundings. They even said my name out loud, making that dammit Chen knows about me.

"Those idiots.. Those idiots.." I shake my head disbelieved on what just happened last night. 

I flipped through the pictures of members of Taipan gang to find those five idiots who screwed up. I took them out and left them on a table. I’ll guarantee their pictures will be on that wall of fame.

I settle myself on my couch, staring at the biggest picture on that wall – Taipan. I grab darts in a drawer beside me, and shoot them right at Taipan. I felt all the good luck is on my side as the dart hit on his eyes.

I made my move; today I’ll definitely kill those five idiots.

**********************************

*Flashblacks*

I was pushed at the hallway, forcing me to wait for the bodyguard to reconfirm my appointment to meet Taipan. Taipan’s men were laughing at me after knowing that my intention of meeting their leader was to end my contract with the gang.

I waited until they were out of my sight before I sneak away through the other door.

I remember hearing a member talking about their mission on ‘helping’ a cyanide factory to clear the place up. The cyanide chemicals were kept in the basement as compensate after the owner of the factory killed the gang’s collaborator for revenge.

The genius me, took less than three minutes to locate the basement. I went down the stairs; finding that the rumor about the cyanide is true. I grabbed a bottle and quickly escape from the house through an open window. 

I hide myself two blocks away from the building, feeling excited at my own accomplishment.

I sneaked into a motel, in which I believe the gang will be having dinner celebration at night. I request a room, made myself comfortable while waiting for the right time to come.

The moment I saw a delivery boy parked his motorcycle at the motel’s parking, I made my first move by pulling him into my room. I punch him, enough to faint him when I tied him up and strip his shirt.

I put on his shirt on and took his cap. I went outside, acting as if I was the one who supposed to do the delivery. I tried to show some help to the motel’s management as if I was concern on their short of staff due to the big event they are planning for that night. They let me helped them in the kitchen.

I patiently waited until the last course to be served. I wanted Taipan and whoever in their party to enjoy their very last moment.

When the chef signaled us to prepare for the last desert, I sprinkled half a bottle of cyanide onto the puddings. The other half, I pour them into a huge bucket of champagne, which they will use to play one-shot true or dare game.

I made my way outside the motel, back to my room. I release the delivery boy and his shirt at the parking lot while secretly observing the motel’s front door.

Few minutes later, sound of people panicking were heard. I smiled.

I checked on the people who ran outside the motel. Taipan was one of them.

I followed them, far enough for them not to realize I was there. One by one, his followers started to fall down the street with puke of blood and white bubbles.

I recognized the face of the two bodyguards around Taipan, those two must have not eat or drink the last course.

Taipan’s face slowly becames pale while losing his stability to even standing up. Taipan’s car came in front of them, might be to bring him to the hospital.

I could see, from where I was standing, Taipan’s body has become motionless. His eye balls were turning upwards.

I giggled, knowing that my mission has accomplished.

Cyanide could take a person’s life less than three minutes. He’s actually quite lucky to have lived longer than three minutes.

I made my way to Taipan’s operation house. As I predicted, no one was in the house because of the sudden news of their leader’s death.

I break the window and made myself inside his office. I scan through the whole room.I wanted to know more about his business.

On his shelf, there were files with numbers until 26. I picked the first file, realizing it is a sub group activity with each member’s identity. Each sub group controls one district in Seoul. I glimpse at the size of all files. The last one caught my interest. The last file is thinner compared to the rest, and it’s a common knowledge to know Seoul only have 25 districts.

At that moment, I heard noises in front of the house. I grabbed a pen, and started to write down a threat – to force them not to find me, but to obey every single order that I give them without spreading my name around.

To ‘celebrate’ the accomplishment of my first mission, I reward myself with a new nickname, Shrikethrush – a small poisonous bird.

I am more than alert to know these people would not obey me if I show myself now. In their view, I'm just a normal week person. They will definitely not going to  respect if just suddenly showed up after killing their leader. They won’t listen to me AT ALL.

Unles...unless if I do something...something powerful enough to make them scared of me. I can’t let them see or know who I am. I need time to get their respect.

I took the last file with me before I made my way back to my room that I rented at a small alley, in downtown Seoul.

I rested my head on the couch, feeling exhausted but excited at the same time. The guy, who ruins my life, is no longer in this world. I grinned all night, feeling very satisfied.

I flip open the file, thinking what would 26th file would be.

There’s one special page, a page fully describing a person – a person who might be Taipan’s only relative.

Watching by the face itself, I don’t think this person is capable enough to be the next leader. He has a pale face, very pretty and looks too kind for a normal gangster. There’s a small remark written that he is still under training. This person has given a special task, to be in charge of the safety of their biggest collaborator – The Mashi Cooperation.

I several pages to see the members under this person.

Interestingly, there are only two people. One of them was mark with a huge ‘X’, perhaps indicating that the person has left the group or already got killed. The ‘X’ mark person, who goes with the name ‘Kai’, is a police officer who works secretly for the gang to monitor the police movement for their safety. While the other unmark person, name D.O., works as a dietitian in a Ministry to provide information about the government’s next planning on industries especially on food.

I’m very impressed with the file that I took.

Compared to the first file, they are mostly about night club and gambling managements, tax and ‘safety insurance’ payment in a district.

This last file is more than that. The gang seems to finally show interest in a real business industry.

There’s also a contract from Mashi Cooperation with Taipan. Basically it’s about the company’s safety, industrial information, and other benefits to boost up their business.

I flips on some more pages and later to find a contract on a cyanide factory - the same factory that produces the cyanides which I stole from the basement.

I revised the contract and the attachment papers behind them. A huge ‘REJECTED’ was printed on a piece of contract that requests financial help from Mashi Cooperation to save the factory.

I flipped again through the last pages, reading an article on news about an accident involving the factory’s president car with the Mashi Cooperation’s Chairman. There was no survivor reported.

I gasped, feeling that I might have taken the wrong file. The file might be impressive to read, but the value seems nothing.

I revised on the article again and found out that I might be able to get power by getting the Mashi Cooperation under me. The shareholders of the company will named the Chairman's daughter, Sooyoung as their next successor. She looks easy to handle.

It might be a good plan too since the guy who seems to be the inheritor of Taipan is in charge of the company. I might be able to kill two birds with one stone.

I flipped back at the previous page to figure out the name of the inheritor.

“Suho.” I said his name out loud.

I shut the file and placed them on the table.

Another piece of paper left out from the file. There were two names- Luhan and Sehun. Different from Kai and D.O. member identification page, these two names were written as people who works for Taipan under Songpa district but entered the gang due to cyanide factory problems.

I smiled as I might be able to use them to get my hand into Mashi Cooperation or at least, to let me win power over Suho.

*End of flashback*

******************************************************

I hold my cap downward, not wanting those idiots to recognize me as I walk pass one of them who is standing far from the others.

He was talking on the phone, “Sehun, we’ll see you at our usual place at 6pm.”

I knew right away, that place will be those five idiots hideout.

I went to the place ahead of them with a set of pizza and drinks while waiting for those idiots to arrive.

“Who the hell are you?!” One of them roared at me.

I acted innocent and scared, while handing them food. I keep my head low, low enough not to make an eye contact - primarily to avoid any of them to recognize me.

“A person named Sehun ordered this. I just came here to deliver..”

“Sehun? Hmm.. That’s a very nice of him.” The other guy smirked.

I nodded million of times rapidly and quickly ran away from them the moment they took those pizzas.

I ran two blocks away from them, hiding myself at the alley. I peek beside the wall to see those idiots reaction.

They placed those pizzas at a bench and start to fill their empty stomach. I laugh, knowing that my mission has succeeded once more.

I leaned myself on the wall, trying to stay calm from such excitement of punishing those idiots. I felt so much relieve to kill those who speak my name in public. Now that Chen has knew my name, I need to reconstruct all my plan carefully.

I was about to recheck on those idiots again when I heard sound of a person running near the alley where I was standing.

I faced myself towards the wall, trying to act as if I was regretting and crying over something. Thankfully, the person seems to be in an urgent to actually bother to look at people around him.

He ran pass me and headed to the five idiots.

I took another peek, watching how the cyanide started to show effects on them.

The person who ran behind me was Sehun. His walking pace started to slow down as he was going closer to the idiots, who were struggling with pain.

Sehun was shaking one of the idiots while screaming for help. And of course, no one replied. Who would in the world brave enough to be at the idiot's hideout?

The first idiot died on Sehun’s arm. From afar, I could see the traumatic face from that young guy. One by one died in front of him.

The last alive idiot grabbed Sehun’s arm to get his attention. Sehun turned his body and accidentally slipped the pizza boxes onto the floor.

He saw my note at the back of the box. “A punishment for saying my name out loud.”

Sehun’s eyes grew bigger. At that exact time, the fifth idiot finally falls on the ground.

Watching all five idiots motionless, I assumed all of them were dead.

I left the scene, feeling like I’m closer to conquest the gang.

 

 

 

 

***************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Author's note:

Sorry for a crappy chapter. Shrikethrush is a psycho. I just wanted to tell the readers about his crazy mental state. Hehe~

Thank you for reading~ Hwaiting!!

Love & Peace~