11: Chanyeol and Baekhyun are actually close friends.

A cup of hot chocolate

Sooyoung's POV

 

“No. Definitely no if it's because of that.”

I predicted his answer before he even speaks. He stood up, made his way quickly to his room and close the door shut without even look at me.

Of course he would be mad. Anyone would be mad if I tell them about it. But what the hell was I thinking letting he know all this when I knew he would react like that? I must be crazy. I should’ve let my mouth shut.

My heart felt pain again and I knew right away, it must be Kris’s fault. I don't know why, but it feels like slapping or punching his face might ease up the pain. Urghh.. I hate him.

Without noticing, I fell asleep and wake up at noon on the couch.

While still not fully awake, I made my way to the bathroom to freshen up.

I notice Luhan’s shoe is still at the doorway, it seems like he is still sleeping in his locked room. I sighed, remembering all the long talk I had with him last night. There’s a part of me felt really embarrassed. I’m not really sure how am I supposed to see him after this. It would definitely be awkward. I shouldn’t tell him about it. I made a huge mistake.

I entered the kitchen to made kimbap and a jar of hot chocolate enough for two. I left them on the table while getting ready for work. Luhan is still asleep even after I ate the kimbap and left the apartment.

**************************************************************************************************************************************************************

The moment I reached my office, Joonmyun was already inside, letting all the files in his arms into the ‘IN’ box section. He turns his head, noticing the loud sigh I made realizing the amount of workload I need to get them done.

He laughs. “I’m fine helping you out.”

“No, it’s okay. It’s my job anyway. And today is weekend; you shouldn’t be here.” Joonmyun is so far my favorite employee. Of course I care about his workload in the company. I don't want those workloads ruining his rest time.

“Uh-huh, but I’m not the only one who came to work today. Chanyeol and Kris are here too. We had a little meeting on work that came during Kris’s vacation. Kris’s going to reward us lunch at Song Jook Heon restaurant. Of course I come!”

We chuckle in unison. If I’m in his position, I will indeed come as well.

I settle myself in front of the table, begin to look up on every file and documents for future meeting appointments.

Without knocking, Chanyeol’s face pops out, “Joonmyun told me you’re here! I’ll better get going. Bye-bye chairlady!” And poof, his head disappears from the door.

“What in the world..” I mumble.

I guess these things do happen when your boss is actually around your co-workers age. Think about it, we are still in the 20s. If I am not a Chairman, and dad is not a workaholic, would my personality be like Chanyeol?

I stared at all the files on the table. It struck me hard, realizing all the missing time I should have with dad. Dad doesn’t ONLY has my mom and me. I forgot about the forth family member, the company - the one that needs more attention. Since I’ve been in this position, I haven’t been at home that much. Now I completely understand why dad wants me in the company.

I hide my face on the table. I realized my mistake. The way dad shows his love is by wanting me to be beside him. I should’ve known.

There are no tears coming out. They probably dried already because of last night. I close my eyes, regretting all the things I did in the past.

“Sooyoung is here?” I could hear Kris voice outside of my office.

It’s kind of reflect, I folds myself under the table, hoping that if he enters the room he will not notice my presence. From a little gap under the table, I saw the door opened and Kris’s feet were walking towards the table.

My heart aches again; I winced silently while closing my eyes feeling the pain. When the pain finally goes away, I recheck Kris’s existence in the room from the gap under the table again.

There are no feet on the floor. I peeked on the other side of the table, wondering if Kris might have walk to the couch like he used to, every time he enters my room. Nothing. I released the sound of relieve before decided to stand up and sit back on my chair.

“You know you could turn on the heater if you are cold. I don’t think its warmer and comfortable folding your legs like that especially under the table.”

I screamed, hearing his voice and plus after seeing his head - hanging upside down from above the table.

“What the heck..” is the only thing that came out of my mouth when I realized Kris was lying face downward on my freaking office table. He lifts up his feet and thus I could have thought he’s no longer in the room. I couldn’t believe what he just did.

“If people see you like this, they will not believe the CEO of Mashi Cooperation is behaving like this.” I tried to sound harsh to shoo him away.

“Well, if people see you under the table, hiding from CEO, they wouldn’t believe you are their Chairman.” I forgot he is a person who good at reversing harsh conversation.

I stretched my legs as I rolled my eyes. The annoying Kris appeared again.

“How did know I’m down here?” I asks him.

“The glass window behind you reflects.”

I nodded and sighed realizing the big mistake I made.

“How long are you going to lie on my table?” I tried to give another shot on sarcasm.

“How long are you going to stay under the table?” There you go, he just bounce my sarcasm ball.

“This is my office; I can do whatever I want. Your office is across the hallway.”

“Naaahh..I don’t think I’ll move if you-” Before he could even finish up his sentence, sound of an opening door was heard.

“Kris? What the heck are you doing on top of Sooyoung’s table?” I heard surprise in Joonmyun’s voice. I cover my mouth; not wanting any laughing sound came out. 

“Err..I..” Kris was about to open his mouth when the sound of the door being open again, but in a force, could be heard.

“KRIS!! What the hell..” That’s Chanyeol’s voice. He must’ve just come.

“Where’s Sooyoung?” Joonmyun asked him.

I’ll kill Kris if he told them I’m down here. Obviously they will think something else.

Thankfully he lied, “She went to the restroom. I don’t know when she will be back. You know, girls take quite a long time going there..”

He doesn’t need to add the last sentence. I don’t always take long time in the restroom! It would be enough by just telling them I’m not here. Darn you, Kris.

“Yeah, and it seems like you are just like those girls. We’ve been waiting downstairs for almost half an hour!” I almost chuckled listening to Joonmyun’s complain.

“Hey! What’s up with the way of speaking?” Kris points out but Chanyeol immediately apologize on his behalf, “Sorry hyung, he hates waiting.”

Joonmyun and Chanyeol left my office again and I could hear Kris’s footsteps went slightly far from the table.

“Don’t push yourself too much.” Kris gives me his last words before leaving to the restaurant.

I understand those words right away. Seeing me acting like this, he must have thought it will have been something to do with me being in the company. The only person who knows best how I hated my job is him. Even Yixing and Minseok, my best friends come second.

I sighed while standing up, pulling the chair to continue on working with the files.

“About last night..” Kris appeared again all of the sudden. My heart almost stops beating because of his unexpected appearance. “..let’s just pretend it never happen.” He looks at me straight to the eye as if he is waiting for some answers.

“okay..” I mumbled.

He nodded countless times, telling me by his body language the uneasiness he felt, before he leave the office for real without saying anything.

I held the open files, trying to focus on it, but nothing seems to enter my head. My brain isn’t functioning and my heart isn’t doing well either. It’s been aching since last night.

I force my brain to resume on working and again, my working pace isn’t as good as usual. I give up for today. I piled all the files into my briefcase, planning to bring them back home after going to the clinic for medical checkup.

I started to feel a little worried about my health. Especially my heart. They've been acting really weird.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************

I arrive at the clinic around fifteen minutes before the reception desk stops accepting patients for the day.

“Dr. Minseok currently has a patient. We will arrange your turn to be next. Please wait for another 5 minutes.” The receptionist girl told me, knowing who I am and the priority service given by Minseok.

I quickly rejected the offer. How awkward it will be if my own best friend does the check up? Plus with the fact that he is my past crush. I don’t find it comfortable. Thankfully the girl accepted my request but the final medical consultation must be Minseok.

************************************************

“SOOYOUNG, YOU’RE SICK?!” Minseok barged into the room while I’m still in there doing the checkup with a female nurse.

“WHAT THE HELL?!!!” I scream, realizing I only have my bra on. I grab my red blouse and wear them right away.

“We’re done with the checkup. She’s fine.” The nurse chuckles while handing my health documents to Minseok. She left the room without anyone orders her to. She did it as if it is something she needs to do, naturally.

“I’ve seen so many bodies. You don’t need to feel embarrassed if it’s me who's doing the checkup. You don’t need to go all the way, requesting another people to do it.” Minseok settles himself on the movable chair while scanning on my documents.

“Your nose is bleeding.” I pointed at his blood suddenly flowing out from his nose since he enters the room.

He got panic, nervously pulling out tissues and begin wiping off those blood. “This is nothing..hahaha”

I can’t believe this doctor. “Which one are you referring? Your nose or my health?” I ask him, in sarcasm.

“Both. But Sooyoung, what makes you suddenly want to do medical checkup?” He smiles at me, beginning to act as my best friend than a doctor.

“My heart has been acting weird since yesterday. Felt a little pain and I can’t focus on my work because of it.” 

“But from the report, your heart seems to be just fine..” Minseok scratches his head, trying to figure out the problem.

“How about this, make sure whenever your heart feels pain, write it down. The time, place and what situation you are in. Come and see me again next week. Should that be okay?”

I nodded and he replied me by nodding as well.

I am about to leave the room when I suddenly realized how I rarely treat him as my best friend. I stare at him until he notices I was watching him.

“Thank you, Minseok. I know I can always rely on you. I’ll leave first. Bye.” He smiles back and I quickly close the door behind me.

********************************************************************************

I’m on my way to my car when I remember the fridge in my apartment needs to be refill. I tried to call home but Luhan didn’t pick up the phone. I’m guessing he went somewhere else.

I abandon my intention of going to the grocery store before arriving home. It seems like I need to go home first, check on the fridge, and then go to the store. I sighed, knowing I’ll be wasting time.

“Should I buy him a cell phone?” I whisper to myself.

“You’re rich, and it’s just a cell phone. Buy it!” Baekhyun appeared out of nowhere.

He caught me surprised but we laugh anyway as if it's a new form of greeting.

I tried to change the subject. “Where’s Sehun?” I realized that he usually with Luhan’s brother but he is here all alone.

“He’s not working today.”

“So, he’s at your house?” I tried to sound concern.

“Nope. He’s at the dancing center. I’m assure you, he’s very good at dancing! With his looks and all, I think he is trying his luck in entertainment industry..” Baekhyun shows me two thumbs up.

“Can he survive? Kris looks better than him..but I don’t think Kris is good looking either.” I commented.

“Kris? Who’s Kris? But a person’s definition of good looking is subjective. He might not fit your standards but I’ve seen all those business cards he got from the ajumma’s patients. There’s no doubt he’ll be easily popular solely based on his looks.”

I pouted. I have nothing to against Baekhyun’s statement. It's actually true. I remember Yixing always raise one of his eyebrows thinking that I was joking when I showed him guys that I find attractive.

“Where are you heading?” I ask Baekhyun, realizing he is walking across the parking area.

“Bus stop. Going home. Why?” His steps pause, wondering if I have anything more to say to him.

“If you would show me a phone shop on the way to your house, I’ll be gladly to send you home.” I give him a suggestion, as I started to feel bad watching him waiting for the bus when I have my car with me. I guess sending him home, wouldn’t hurt.

He grins, revealing his white set of teeth. He ran to my car like a kid and happily enters while continuously thanking for it.

We arrive at Baekhyun’s house after buying the newest Galaxy version at Samsung Center.

Baekhyun was releasing the seat belt when his mother showed up at the doorstep. “Baekhyun..Who’s she?”

Baekhyun acted little confuse, not knowing the best answer to reply. I step out from the car to greet Baekhyun’s mother properly.

“Good afternoon, I’m Sooyoung. I’m a friend from the clinic. I saw he’s all alone today so I thought I want to send him home. Nice meeting you.” I grinned, getting ready to say good bye.

My action on going back inside the car is hindered because his mother insists me to come inside the house. “Come in for tea time. I made quite a lot..”

I turn to Baekhyun, watching him begging me to agree with his mother’s offer. “Sure, why not?” I smiled at her and was guided to the living room.

Baekhyun went to the kitchen to help his mother while I explored all the family photos hanging on the wall. From the picture of his parents wedding, the day Baekhyun was born, the day he learns to walk, until when he graduates from high school. What impressed me the most is the wideness of his smile. The love and happiness the boy received from the family is shown in every single picture. He might be working as a part timer in the clinic, but at home he is the happiest person. How I wish I’m Baekhyun.

“Although we hang his graduation photo, he’s actually very stupid. We were very thankful that he got to graduate with that stupidity.” His mom commented behind me, making me laugh at her joke. I could hear Baekhyun screaming “MOM” loudly, embarrassed by his mother.

The tea time was full of laughter because Baekhyun’s mother couldn’t stop revealing Baekhyun’s weird secrets. His face was scarlet red, and I assume he regrets letting me joining them. Baekhyun's mother turns out to be one of the school prankster. After she married to his husband, she couldn't stop trolling her son to the point she worried all those things actually affects Baekhyun's lacking in education. She's such a cute person.

Later around that time, I also learned that Chanyeol is quite close to Baekhyun. He is his senior at school and in the same club as Baekhyun. Their jokes and thinking are on the same level making them even closer than just person they met at school. In Baekhyun's mother point of view, Chanyeol is more like his son, revealing he will come to visit her every weekend.  

That's when Chanyeol did showed up, in the middle of our talk, making me surprised.

Before Chanyeol scream the word ‘Chairman’, I immediately pulled him behind the door blackmailing him to not revealing my job.

The way Baekhyun acts, I’m very sure he didn’t know much what I do for living, and I don’t want to ruin the feeling of friendliness I received from them. Since child, all friendship I had appears to be based on business. When the contract ended, I won’t be able to see my friend again. When the company facing problems, suddenly friends act as they never know me. Even Yixing and Minseok start off to become my best friend because of business. 

“How am I supposed to act like you are just my co-worker when you’re my boss?” Chanyeol complains.

“At least try to call me Sooyoung instead of Chairman or Chairlady or whatever. If you expose about this secret, I will fired you for sure.” Yup, I just blackmailed him with his job.

In seconds, I realized how unprofessional Chairman I am. Chanyeol frowns upon hearing my words but later cheer up when I promised him that I will look on Baekhyun job resume for positions in the company. 

We made our way to the living room, to continue with our conversation with Baekhyun’s family.

The sun almost sets when I excused myself to go home. I forgot about the works I plan to do at home.

They, being polite to their guest, sent me to my car.

“Bye Sooyoung. Please drive safely.” Baekhyun’s mother pats me at my shoulder.

I replied her by nodding and wave her good bye.

“Ah, please stay patient with Chanyeol. He’s doing all his best in the company, I’ll assure you! If he does anything wrong, don't fire him yet. Just let me know and I’ll teach him!”

My body stops moving the moment her mother said that. I could felt my blood pressure rises as I thought Chanyeol might have told them.

“I didn’t tell them! They already know!” Chanyeol tried to defend himself.

“Huh? We know what?” Baekhyun ask him, confuse with Chanyeol’s sudden burst.

“How did you know he work for me?” I pointed at Chanyeol while facing his mother with full of questions.

She smiles as Baekhyun made the explanation. “Well, the first time I met you, you were with Sehun’s brother. I'm sure you are very close with him. And later I realized Tao has been watching over Luhan. So I asked him why. He told me that you want him to watch over Luhan. That’s when I know about your job. And duh, I work at the clinic. You’re Minseok’s best friend. What kind of world I would be living if I don’t know your identity?”

I felt dumb. I should’ve known. I saw Chanyeol grining in happiness. “Promise is a promise.” He remind me about Baekhyun’s resume while emphasizing he is did not break the promise. The secret reveals even before I ask him to made the promise.

At that split of second, I realized Sehun isn’t there yet. I wonder if the dancing practice does take that long.  

I was about to ask them when Sehun shows up, running from someone or something I don’t know of and panting out of breath when he finally reached us. He could no longer walk as he frantically trying to grab anything for support. Since I was the closest to him at that time, I'm the quickest to hold on him from falling down.

That's when I heard he whispered, “He killed them. They’re dead. I’m sure I’ll be his next target.”

He fainted right away, leaving me in shock and clueless whether to keep that to myself until he wakes up or to quickly tell Baekhyun about it.

 

 

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Author's note:

I would like to thank coldmorning for upvoting. (T.T) I never thought this fanfic will actually going to have anyone vote for it~ Hwaiting to myself!

I realized the previous chapter is full of complicated - confusing - information to readers.. So sorry~ I thought it will be too heavy if I reveal them later. I really need to work on the way I write this story..

Anyway, the next chapter will not be Luhan's POV, but Shrikethrush. I think it will be nicer to reveal this guy's perspective too since Sooyoung and Luhan are both in the good side. I need to reveal the plans or the story from the evil side hoping that it'll be easier to understand the fic... It's going to be short and then I will write back on Sooyoung's POV to continue with Sehun's story when he wakes up.

Peace & Love~