Chapter 2: Protection

Love You To Death

Your P.O.V:

“What do you mean you’re next?” L asked me. I calmed down a bit and then told them. “My parents…they were murdered because they were protecting us. They…died protecting us.” “Protecting you? From what?” Woohyun asked glancing at L.

I hesitated. I didn’t share this with anyone before. Unnie and I always kept this a secret from everyone else. But even though I just met these people, they were willing to help me find unnie. And that is one thing which is most important to me.

I faced them and took a deep breath and told them all about our past. “My parents. Well, my parents were in a car accident. But these two guys saved their lives. The guys were barely fifteen yet. This was about three years ago. Unnie was sixteen and I was fifteen as well. To show their gratefulness, my parents told them that they would do anything. But the guys….they went overboard. One day, they called them to dinner. That was when….they saw us…”

L frowned but didn’t’ say anything. I continued. “They said that my parents should let both of them marry me and my unnie. Of course, me and unnie didn’t want to do so. And neither did our parents. So…they rejected them. But said they’ll do anything else. But those guys, they were…obsessed. One day, my parents, they went out. And…and…the guys…they…they” I sobbed hard.

“…murdered them. I don’t know why. But those guys really…want us. So, they started stalking unnie. And now…now…they’ll come after me. I am scared.” I looked up at L. I was so scared. L just stared at me while Woohyun had tears in his eyes. He cleared his throat. “Soo? I think we should save that girl from those monsters. We need to protect Hee Rin and save her sister. So, I think we should tell the police..”

I snapped my head towards him. “NO!” I shook my head frantically. “No! Don’t tell the police! Please! They can’t help us!” I pleaded. L looked at me. “I think we should tell police, they can help find your unnie-” “NO! You don’t understand! Those guys! Those guys were police! One of the is the head of a department and they have ties with even higher ranks. Instead of helping us, they will…get me too…”

There was silence. Then I asked. “Why do you want to…help me?” I looked at them both. Woohyun opened his mouth but nothing came out. I lowered my head. Then I heard L say, “Because we care. Yes, we don’t know you. YET. We can help you. And…we will because we can. And…we are loking for adventure in our boring, stupid lives.”

I looked at them with uncertainty. “But…the police is against us!” Woohyung smiled knowingly. “Not yet.” He said and L nodded and said, “Until the police makes a move…there is nothing to be afraid of. We will meet you in front of LuLu’s ice-cream. Ok? Pack your bags and all the necessary things and be there tonight at 12. Woohyun and I will meet you there. Until you find a hiding place, you aren’t safe.”

Woohyun agreed. “What about you two?” I asked. Woohyun smiled. “Don’t worry. No one knows that we know you. No one except that old lady. So no one would suspect anything. We will provide you with food and things you need while you safely hide in the shelter I have in mind.”

I nodded then my eyes widened. “You know the lady? Next to LuLu’s?” They both nodded. “Yeah. She was the one who told us your address. We said we needed to return your camera.” They laughed but I froze. They quickly realized something was wrong. “What?” L asked.

“She…she told you my address?” He nodded. I looked at them both. “I…never gave her my address.” “What? Bull! She said you gave her this card!” Woohyun put his hand in his pocket looking for something. He took out a card. My eyes widened. I snatched it.

“Where did you get this?” “We told you! From that old lady!” I shook my head. Something didn’t click. “This is unnie’s. She NEVER parted with this card. It’s because my mum especially made it for her. She designed unnie’s  business card and stuff. And unnie kept it with her. Always. Didn’t even let me touch it!”

We all looked at each other. No one wanting to say the terrifying truth. Finally, L spoke. “That means…that lady…” Woohyun finished for him. “…was the kidnapper…” I interrupted. “…Or she helped in some way. But I saw her yesterday! Why didn’t she….do something to me?” The other two shrugged.

Suddenly, I remembered something. “Did you say something about a camera?” Woohyun’s eyes met L’s. They turned to me and told me their side of story. About how Woohyun found the camera and the dog as well. About unnie’s photos. My eyes widened upon recognition. “C-Can I see the camera?”

They took it out and I screamed. “What?” They shouted. I pointed my finger at it. “I-I told her. I told unnie that she should have returned it. But…But…she didn’t now…we have to pay the price...”    

“What do you mean?” I looked at L. “We…received that camera by those guys. When they were still nice and friendly. They said that we would love this camera. They also said “using this…you will have a price to pay…and it would be bonus for us….” But later on they laughed it off. Every time unnie or I used it…the thing…died…but it never worked on me or unnie. But when we took the guys photo without them knowing. They…never came up in the photo….”  

*****

A/N:

Hey guys!

How r u's?

Well I know it's a boring chappie but next one will be a bit more interesting...Well you'll see what I mean!

So please COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE! I hope you enjoy!

P.S. Is this getting boring already?

And which couple do you ship?

Woohyun and Hee Rin or Hee Rin and L?

And 'Unnie' with L or Woohyun?

:D