Lovebug

Love. Love. Love.

 

Lovebug

 

           Love, defined by most of us is something we feel towards other people. It’s the tingling sensation of happiness, joy and sometimes, sadness.  Love, as defined by Mr. Webster is a strong admiration or attraction for others and is mainly dependent on some variables like personal ties or just common interest among people. Love, as delineated by me, is something that I’m grateful of and that is exemplified by the most special person to me. I’m really indebted to the One who gave him to me. I thank Him for it has helped me out a lot. Some said it would wound up what I was yearning for.  But I am an evidence to prove them wrong. A witness to what it can do to us. In a way that I thought was impossible. Speechless. Yes I am. For this experience is something I was not aware of. Knew nothing but fraud and gloomy milieu. But as what I have said, because of this ‘love’, I have learned things over a period of unknown time. Ventured to spaces that offered me new aspirations and ideals. It gave me a new hope. Hope for the betterment of my own self. This occurrence is something I take note as one of those once-in-a-lifetime opportunities in my life. Over those unknown times, I have seen a lot of things. Seen things in a whole lot different view. And beyond what you see are the small details we tend to take for granted. Yet, what we don’t know is that these aspects of life are the most important things we should pay our attention to. All of these new realizations were taught by what we call ‘love’.

And yes, it may sound so pleasant in our minds but things have their own way on how to work it out. Unfortunately, this feeling that I have must be heaved away from me. Not because it’s overpowering me nor throbbing me but because it’s my own decision. My own verdict to let go of the things I once hold onto. I have held it for too long. Too long that if I don’t do it now it might hurt me a lot.  More than what I’m feeling right now. And letting go doesn’t necessarily mean forgetting all the implications of the past. It simply means that you’re ready to move on and to learn more about what the world can offer you and vice versa. I’m not regretting that I have loved someone who is vague in people’s disparaging eyes. Yes. It hurts a lot. It hurts a lot to set free something that you’ve been cherishing and clinging on for quite some time. But it’s all part of growing up. It’s the essence of life. To adjust to new things and be ready to set them free at all cost. Without your knowing, things might fly away from your hands and all that’s left is to cry. That’s why there’s no pang of guilt in my heart for I know I have come to a great conclusion. He may be my greatest love. For this love that I had will be replaced by nothing. No one can inspire me like he did. As we were equated to one which is divisible by none. Evermore will he stay here in my heart.

For once a part will be always a part. Even if we are at the other ends of the world, I will remember the day that I found him.

©2010