Getting to know each other

The Curse Of The Letter "K"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Nice to meet you Mina, I’m Kris”

I’m Kris..

Kris…

Kris..

Kris.

 

“Hello, Mina to earth”

“Oh, Uh—wha—what?You sayin’ something?” I quickly regained my senses. Well this is embarrassing.

“Why are you spacing out? Don’t tell me you’re some sort of a fortune teller or something, did you saw some kind of premonition when you heard my name?” he playfully said and I let out a small giggle at his statement.

“No, No, I’m certainly not and don’t worry the last time I checked none of my family members were to.” I said.

“Good to know. Anyway, why did you suddenly spaced out when I introduced myself? I did brush my teeth this morning so I don’t think it is because of my breath”I chuckled.

“No, it certainly isn’t, well it’s just that...Um...”wait, will I tell him that it is because his name starts from the letter K?No, I don’t think he would believe me, and besides he might even thought of me as a freak or something.“Uh, I’d rather not tell it to a stranger”

“Oh, okay” he said.Disappointment clearly shown in his face but milliseconds later he beamed again like he had somehow had a great idea and wait- did I just saw a light bulb on top of his head?

“How about we have a cup of coffee together, by then I’m no longer a stranger right?” he asked with a smile tugging on his lips.

“Sur- uh wait, uhmm I would love to but uh, you see I’m running late for my class and I think my professor would kill me if –“

“It’s okay, student’s life are pretty harsh huh?Don’t worry about it. I completely understand.” He dejectedly said.

“But ah, I’m free after class” I immediately exclaimed trying my best to never let the chance to finally have a date coffee with a hot guy slip out of my hands. And upon hearing it he immediately beamed like a kid

 “Soafter class then, uh, wait when that will be?” confusion took over his face.

“Around 5:00 pm, is that alright?”

“That would be perfect, that’s the exact same time of my dismissal too. Anyway, I think we should meet at that newly opened coffee shop around the corner.”

“That would be great” I agreed with a little smile.

 

Silence once again enveloped us, and NO, it is not a comfortable one.

 

Well this is awkward.

I bit my lower lip thinking of something to say.

 

“The weather is nice” Wow I’ve never been dumber in my entire life.

“Yeah” Kris said monotonously.

 

And ladies and gentlemen, the awkward silence show has once again begun.

 

“So..”  Kris started.

“So..” I said not really sure where this is going.

“Do you by any chance, have a boyfriend?” he asked.

OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! OH MY GOSH! THE FREAKING HOT GUY IS ASKING IF I’M SINGLE OR NOT. OH MY! DOES THIS MEAN HE LIKES ME TOO? ASDFGHJKL OKAY MINA, CONTROL YOUR HORMONES SELF. TRY TO ACT COOL…

“Uh no, well at least not at the moment” I said trying to act cool. Well truth to be told, I had never had a boyfriend in my entire life.

“Oh okay, good to know” he smiled a little.

Time for some little digging.

“Well um, how about you? Do you have a girlfriend?”  PLEASE SAY NO, PLEASE SAY NO, PLEASE SAY NO *mental crossing fingers*

 

“Oh, no I don’t” he shook his head.

*mental fist pumping in the air* he says no hehehe.

“Oh, good to know” I said while trying to suppress my growing Cheshire grin.

 

“We should exchange numbers, uhmm you know for communication purposes?” he asked out of the blue.

“Sure, give me your phone” OH MY FREAKING GOSH!!!! I BET HIS FANGIRLS ARE DYING OUT OF JEALOUSY NOW HEHEHE THAT’S RIGHT ES, THE HOT GUY’S ASKING FOR MY NUMBER HEHEHE

 

He did what I told him to do and gave me his phone and I immediately registered my number in his contacts and call it to leave his number in mine.

 

“Here you go, oh wait—is that a panda?” I asked while looking at the cute little panda toy that’s hanging on his phone.

“Uh, yeah.It’s a gift actually” he said while rubbing the back of his neck while smiling sheepishly.

“Oh, cute” I said then I handled back his phone

 

I wonder what other things he likes too, is it just pandas and alpacas or there are more? And I’m still dying to know why a guy would keep an alpaca stuff toy in his bag.

 

Should I ask him?

 

“Hey uhmm, not being a creep or anything but uh, uhmm uh, forget about it.Never mind”

“What is it? You can ask me anything, come on” he said.

“You see, uh, well how should I put these. Uhm, you do know that we’re always riding the same bus in the morning and in the afternoon right?”

“Yes, I’m very aware of that fact. Come on what is it?” he asked while keeping that glorious smile on his face.

“Well uh, not being a creep or anything but uh, you see one day, I accidentally saw an alpaca stuff toy on your bag and uh, I was just wondering why you would have that.” I asked nervously.

“Oh you mean this?” he chuckled while getting his alpaca stuff toy from his bag.

“Mina, meet Ace” he said while showing me his oh-

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter