One-Shot Five “Home For Christmas”

❝ The Twelve Days of EXO ❞ ┋ exo one-shot collection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ONE-SHOT Five “Home For Christmas”

"Mrs Zhang, please sit." Hwayoung spoke in perfect Mandarin, helping the frail old lady to the dinning table. Mr Zhang was already seated at the head and Hwayoung quickly took her seat opposite Mrs Zhang. "Mr and Mrs Zhang won't be having dinner with us." Hwayoung informed the elderly couple before smiling warmly, "Let's eat. Mr Zhang, please eat. Mrs Zhang, please eat."

"Good girl." Mr Zhang praised, picking up his chopsticks. Hwayoung smiled at the old man before stating, "Have some vegetables."

Recently, both Mr and Zhang (the second generation) hadn't had the time to accompany their parents and thus, it was left to Hwayoung. She didn't mind; ever since Lay left for Seoul, she had faithfully came over to his grandparents' house to take care of them. They appreciated Hwayoung's company and Hwayoung enjoyed their company so it was basically a win-win solution for both of them.

The last time Lay came back to Changsha, Hwayoung wasn't been able to meet him. Her mother had brought her back to Korea for her part of the agreement. Initially, Hwayoung was rather excited; maybe she could meet Lay but it turned out that Lay was going back to Changsha. Needless to say, Hwayoung returned back to Changsha with a heavy heart for missing Lay's arrival.

Old Mr and Mrs Zhang, on the other hand, were luckier than her. They managed to see Lay during one of his schedules, on the Happy Camp filming. Unfortunately, they hadn't had the chance to speak with him since he was whisked away the second the filming ended. The old couple was sad, of course, but they brightened up considerably when the episode of EXO M was broadcasted.

Privately, Hwayoung would often go online and search for EXO M variety shows but it was quite difficult since Youtube wasn't allowed in Changsha, unlike Seoul. One good thing was that she didn't had to search for those with English subbed since her Mandarin was perfect. Next, Hwayoung would share the videos with Lay's grandparents and together, they'll watch with a mixture of sadness and proudness for their Changsha prince.

"Jianing, do eat." Old Mrs Zhang called out, gesturing to Hwayoung's untouched rice.

"Huh? I mean, I know. Mrs Zhang, do eat too." Hwayoung offered before picking up her chopsticks. Christmas was coming soon and even though China doesn't really celebrate it, both she and Lay often did. But, this year would probably be the same like the previous year and the year before that... She celebrating alone.

"You're thinking of Yixing, aren't you?" Mrs Zhang suddenly spoke up, breaking the silence. Hwayoung lifted her head in surprise as she joked, "Was it that obvious?"

Mr Zhang chuckled, "Very."

"Haha." Hwayoung deadpanned.

"It's not fair to you, Jianing." Mrs Zhang remarked, her voice full of concern. "Tell me, when was the last time you went out with your friends?"

"Yesterday, me and Zining —" Hwayoung spoke up but Mrs Zhang amended her question, "Let me correct my question. When was the last time you went out w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter