9 - Business Party

I'm his girl. Am I?

 

This is my first time for coming to business party. I'm kind of nervous and my parents said they want me to meet some of their business partners and friends. They said its time for me get exposed in the business world. Later on I'm the one who will running the business. I looks around while walking at the back of my parents and I take a little step, time by time. I keep on swaying while walking with this heels.

 

“Haneul... Are you ok, honey?” My mother hold my left arm and looks at my face.

“I'm ok, mom. Lets go.” I try to smile and walk together with my parents. I really hope, no one will recognize me here. Ops! I forgot about something. Thanks to my mother. She did my make up and its look natural yet different from my daily face.

 

“Haneul... This is Mr and Mrs Kim.” My father introduce me to his business partner, I just nodding and smile look at them. They looks so lovely.

“You got such a lovely daughter. I never knew it.” Mrs Kim said it to my mother and she smile proudly while holding my hands.

“Thanks. This is her first time for coming here. Where is your son? Did he coming too?” They talked randomly about someone I never meet and my feet feel so itching right now.

“Yes... yes... He's coming... And... There he is. JongIn.” Mrs Kim wave her hands and I looks at the back. Him! Wow! He looks really... Good... And... Handsome. The way he make his way to us... He is glowing in his aura.

“Hi Uncle and Auntie.” He smile while greet my parents. Surprisingly our family name is KIM. So, its kind of weird to address his parents and my parents with Mr and Mrs Kim.

“Hi young man... How do you do? Fine?” My father pat his back. They know each other and how come I don't even know about this man? Oh ya! I never attend any business party.

“JongIn... This is Haneul. Their daughter. She is pretty right?” Mrs Kim introduce me to him and he just smile, nodded his head and looks away. AWKWARD. He continue talking with his father and my father. Finally, my mother and his mother decide to take a sit. I can take a rest. 1... 2... 3... 4... 5... 6... 7... boring! Serious! Why do I have to attend this kind of business party? My mother keep on introduce me to others. I have to keep on smile. At last, I'm alone because my mother need to accompany my father for something.

 

“Boring?” I heard voice from my right side and I turn back. Ukwon. He smile and take a seat beside me.

“No...” I said it while look around. Its really uncomfortable moment because of last night.

“I'm sorry for...”

“Its ok. Just forget it.” I cuts his words.

“Haneul... I really mean it.” He still want to apologies.

“Ukwon... me too. Just forget it.”

“Are you serious? Are we still friends?” I only nodding and smile. I don't want to spoil my mood for tonight. Its better like this.

“Haneul... I never thought that... You are one of my family business partner. Mr Kim daughter and this is the first time I see you dress up like this. Beautiful.”

“Thanks and you too. This is first time you looks so handsome.” I smile and we continue our conversation like nothing happen. Finally, I have someone to talk about random thing beside about business.

“Haneul... Would you like to dance with me?” I blankly looks at him and looks at the dance floor which is full with the heirs dance together. I reached his hands and he lead me to the dance floor. Slowly music change to something romantic. He put his hands on my waist and I really looks awkward when he ask me to put my hands on his shoulder. Slowly our body move according to the music and I feel everyone was looking at us.

 

-Dance floor-

 

“Ukwon... I think... We need to stop. Everyone was looking at us.”

“Just let them looking at us. They looked at us because of... you. Beautiful.” Am I blushing right now? Am I? Why so cheeeeessssyyyyy? I looks at Ukwon eyes and... its show me something but I can't even know what it is. Slowly both of us drowning into our own world while dance.

 

“Excuse me... May I?” Someone was stop us from dancing and ask permission from Ukwon to dance with me. He stretch out his hands and Ukwon pass me to him. Now, I'm with JongIn. Unbelievable. Why did he want to dance with me?

“JongIn...”

“Call me Kai.” He said slowly and he eyes met my eyes. Nervous. I feel like there are butterflies in my stomach.

“Ehem... Kai... Why...” I haven't finish my word and he slowly leans in and gives me a passionately kiss in front of others in the middle of this dance floor.