All I Want Is To Hold You (Hoon)

Running From My Heart

“Alright, that was almost perfect!” Kiseop comments.

“I’m starting to get those two moves down,” Kevin smiles at his progress.

“Uh. . . I’m worn out,” Eli moans in exhaustion.

I wipe sweat from my brow. Snatching a glance at the clock I note that there’s only about another hour before the choreographer would check in on our progress.

“Hey, guys, take five,” AJ orders.

“Thank you!” Eli sighs in relief going to grab his water bottle.

I watch as Kevin follows him to the other side of the room. The pang of jealousy returns, stronger than before. At that moment only one thought crosses my mind.

            Why can’t I have Soohyun?

“Hoon? Are you okay?” Jaeseop’s voice snaps me from my sour thoughts.

“What? I-I’m fine,” I stutter.

“Really? It looks to me like you’ve got something against Eli and Kevin.”

“What are you talking about?” How could he tell?

“I saw you glaring daggers at them . . . What’s going on?” AJ’s voice changes from curiosity to concern.

            Should I tell him?

“I . . .” the words stuck in my throat.

I begin to wonder if it’s okay for me to admit that I like a man. AJ’s interested in men, too, but I still feel uneasy about saying how I feel.

            But maybe he can help,  I shouldn’t be ashamed about who I am . . .

“Hoon?” AJ’s voice snags my attention. “Come on, you know you can tell me anything.”

            Can I? . . I know I can tell him, but what if I’ve misinterpreted my feelings. . .?

No. These feelings are what they are. It’s affection, romantic feelings for my leader.

“Jaeseop,” I sigh. “I. . . I’ve realized something recently. . .”

“What is it?” He asks, the curiosity returning to his voice.

I take a deep breath. “I’m gay.” I say under my breath. “I like Soohyun. . .”

“What?!” AJ gasps.

“I like Soohyun,” I repeat looking at him.

“No way,” he shakes his head. “Are you sure?”

“Of course I am!” Aren’t I?

“Sorry, it’s just that you always talked about having a girlfriend.”

“I know, I know,” I admit. “But now I know why I’ve never been interested in any girls. I don’t like them, Jaeseop, I like guys, I really do.”

“Are you going to tell him?” Jaeseop asks.

“Wait, what?” I ask, confused.

“Are you going to tell Soohyun?”

“What? That I like him?” I reply in surprise.

“Yeah.”

“No, of course not! He doesn’t even like guys, Jaeseop!”

“Are you sure?” AJ asks.

            Is he saying that Soohyun’s. . . ?

“Is he?” I ask, my heart skipping with hope.

“Ask him, not me,” AJ answers. He turns away from me and calls to the others. “Alright, let’s try it again. Let’s go!” He goes to his starting spot.

I follow him, frustrated.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-

I follow Eli, Kevin, Kiseop and AJ into the dorm. The choreographer was very happy with our progress and contacted our manager. We have earned the weekend off.

As I step into the dorm I see that two pairs of shoes were already there.

            He’s home!

I remove my shoes and enter the living room.

“You guys are finally back!” Dongho exclaims.

“How’d it go?” Soohyun asks from the large three seat sofa.

“Great! We got the weekend off,” Kiseop answers. “Did you?”

“Yeah!” Dongho answers from his spot on the recliner to Soohyun’s right.

“Come on, guys. Sit down, Dongho rented some movies,” Soohyun says.

“Alright! What are we watching?” Eli asks going to sit on the love seat which was against the right wall. Kevin joins him.

“It’s an American movie,” Dongho replies.

I catch Soohyun’s gaze. He beckons to me to sit next to him. I go and sit next to him in the middle section of the sofa, he’s on my right, and AJ sits down next to me on my left.

“Does it have Korean subtitles?” Kiseop asks sitting on the recliner to the right of Dongho’s.

“Come on, hyung! We need to learn some English!” Dongho argues.

I turn to see Kevin and Eli who were now on my left on the love seat. The two were snuggling together murmuring things to each other in what I think is probably English. I glance back at Soohyun who was arguing with Dongho to set the subtitles.

            I wish you and I could cuddle, too, Soohyun. . .

I sigh.

“Fine, I’ll set the subtitles,” Dongho gives in.

As Dongho sets the subtitles I turn back to Kevin and Eli. Kevin reaches over to shut off the lights. He flicks the switch, the room goes dark. The only light came from the television and the light filtering from the hall. I feel Soohyun shift. He shifts closer to me. My muscles stiffen from the contact. Soohyun notices this.

“What’s wrong, Bunny?” he whispers loud enough for me to hear but quiet enough so the other’s didn’t.

I look up at him, concern glistened in his eyes. He seems a bit upset, too.

            Was it because of my reaction? . . . Sorry. . .

I shake my head. “I’m just tired. At least I have tomorrow and Sunday to just sleep in and rest,” I whisper to him.

Hurt seems to rest in his brown gaze.

“Oh. . .” he simply replies.

            Did I say something wrong?

He looks away from me and back to the TV. I can tell that he’s not really paying attention to the movie, something is on his mind.

“S-Soohyun? What’s wrong?” I ask him.

“Nothing,” he replies, his gaze not leaving the television.

            Something is wrong. . .

I catch Soohyun take a glance at Eli and Kevin. A heavy sigh escapes the leader. He looks back at the TV.

            Is he jealous of them, too?

My hands, which are resting in my lap, start to fidget.

            Should I do something to make him feel better?

I see his left hand resting on his knee; his right hand was on the armrest.

            Is it okay for me to hold his hand? Would he mind? I only want to make him feel better. . .

I feel my heartbeat quicken. I’m beginning to feel nervous.

            No. . . . Maybe I can just rest my head on his shoulder instead. . .

Yes, that’s alright. We always do that, I am his pet bunny after all. Or at least that’s what the rest of the group says.

I hook my right arm with his left and shift closer to him. He looks over a bit surprised. I just smile at him and rest my head against his strong shoulder. After a few heartbeats I feel him relax. A sigh of content escapes his lips.

            I hope he feels better now.

I feel him rest his cheek on my head. Instinctively, I snuggle closer.

After a few minutes the warmth of his body begins to make me feel drowsy. The images on the television begin to blur, I close my eyes and let myself doze off. . .

-x-x-x-x-x-x-

I slowly open my eyes. The lights in the living room are still off, I begin to focus and I hear Soohyun’s voice.

“Hurry up, Dongho, how long does it take to put in a movie?” Soohyun laughs.

“There, I got it!” The maknae grunts after getting the second movie started. He returns to his seat.

I decide to sleep a bit longer, the rehearsal earlier had really worn me out. I close my eyes, but as I do I feel something is different. I shift a bit moving my fingers trying to make a fist, my right hand’s restricted.

            Is he. . . ?

I open my eyes again and look down at my hand. The hand that was resting on Soohyun’s knee was now clasped with my right hand, our fingers intertwined.

I feel my face heat up.

            He’s holding my hand!

I quickly shut my eyes again, hoping that he didn’t notice me wake up, scared that he may let go if he saw that I’m awake now. I shift my left arm and rest it on his left forearm.

Again, I let myself doze off, his musky scent soothing my buzzing mind.

----

A/N: There's chapter two for you beautiful people. Let me know what you guys think of it so far, in other words, leave me some comments people. If some of you have some idea's you'd like me to consider don't be afraid to say something~! I'm always open for ideas. Thank's for reading, chapter three will be up shortly.

 

-LiveforMusic-