When Things Are Perfect (Hoon)

Running From My Heart

A/N: 1000 views? Wow, thanks guys! Here's more fluff for you!

-----

            ‘Let me think about it.’

A week has passed since Soohyun’s confession. I had asked him to give us a chance, but instead of a direct answer, he asks me to wait so he can think about it.

            I was so sure we was going to say yes. . .

I have a good feeling about his thoughts though. He’s been hugging me a lot and sometimes, when he have those rare moments alone, he even gives me a kiss on the cheek.

I feel my face heat up at the memories of his soft lips against my cheek.

We have just left an interview about our upcoming album. The KissMes are all super excited for the album to be released. The group boards the large 11 seat van. Kevin and Eli sit in the very back row, the “’Seop’ Brothers”, as Eli now called them, were settled in the middle row. Soohyun, Dongho and I sit in the row of seats just behind the driver’s seat. Our manager sits in the passenger’s seat.

“Why do I have to sit in the middle?” Dongho complains as Soohyun closes the van door.

“Dongho you complain too much,” Kiseop says from behind us.

“Well the interview went well,” our manager says ignoring Dongho’s complaint. “You guys have the rest of the day off, tomorrow you have more recording, alright?”

“Yes, hyung,” we all reply.

“I can’t wait to record our next song!” Dongho says, excitement in his voice.

“I bet they can’t wait for the album to come out,” Kiseop says.

“Recording is going to be difficult,” I grumble.

“Why?” Jaeseop asks.

“There’s a line in the song that I still can’t sing perfectly, it’s such a weird note jump,” I answer.

“If you want, I can help you out later,” Soohyun offers.

“Really?”

“Mmhm.”

“Thanks, Soohyun!”

“No problem, Bunny,” Soohyun says.

“Well, while we’re offering help. . .” AJ speaks again. “I think you and I should work on our duet,” he says to Eli.

“Alright,” Eli answers. “If you want to.”

“Can I practice with you guys, too?” Dongho asks.

“Sure,” AJ replies.

“Well, before I drop you off at the dorm I thought I’d treat you guys to some lunch,” our manager says looking back over his shoulder.

The seven of us cheer and thank our manager as the van pulls into a parking lot.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-

“Alright, I think you got it,” Soohyun says as I finish singing my line.

“Yeah, I got it. Thanks so much for your help Soohyun,” I reply giving him a grateful hug.

“Don’t mention it,” He answers hugging me back.

We both sit down on Soohyun’s bed.

“Hoon,” Soohyun begins, holding my right hand. “I’ve thought about what you said.”

“You have?” I ask.

“I’m sorry for everything, for hurting you and everything else I put you through. I should never had let the past you had nothing to do with hurt you.”

“It’s okay, Soohyun,” I reply forgiving my leader. “You were scared and I can’t blame you. After what happened with Kibum you had every right to question things.”

“No, I didn’t, I should never have compared you to Kibum,” Soohyun argues.

“Soohyun, I forgive you,” I say looking him in the eye. “It’s in the past, it can’t be changed so let’s just leave it.”

“You’re right, Hoon,” He says. “Today I’m letting go of all those terrible memories, I’m going to start over again. With you.”

“Really?” I ask nervously.

“Of course, I’m yours, and you’re mine now,” He answers giving me a quick kiss on the cheek.

“I’ll be the best person I can be,” I vow. “For you.”

“So will I,” Soohyun agrees.

            Knock, knock, knock

Loud knocking at Soohyun’s door startles us.

“Hyung!” Dongho calls from the other side of the door. “Kiseop and Jaeseop hyung made a mess in the kitchen.

“When will those two learn that they can’t cook?” Soohyun mumbles. “I’m going!” He calls to the maknae.

Suddenly the smoke detector goes off, the high-pitched beeping hurting my ears. Soohyun and I quickly head for the door, upon doing so the scent of smoke stings my nose and throat.

“Dongho! Hurry and open the windows!” Soohyun calls over the obnoxious beeping.

Soohyun goes back to his room to open the window. I run to my room to do the same, Dongho goes into his room, too.

As I opened my window someone managed to shut off the smoke detector.

“Jaeseop! I told you to set it on low hear, pabo!”

“I did!”

I exit my room leaving the door open so the smoke can clear.

“Hey, AJ? What did you do this time?” Eli calls as he and Kevin leave their room entering the smoke laden hall.

“I was only trying to help, Kiseop!” AJ protests from the living room having exited the kitchen.

Eli, Kevin and I stay in the living room, I see Dongho and Soohyun enter the kitchen.

“Kiseop hyung? Are you okay?” Dongho asks through a couple of coughs.

“Fine,” Kiseop answers sounding a bit agitated. He says something else but I can’t make out the words.

Jaeseop sits down on the couch. Eli and Kevin head into the kitchen. I was about to join them when I notice the look on AJ’s face.

            Is he happy?

I feel confusion rise in my mind. Jaeseop moves his right hand. Clenching his fingers he winces, a pained expression crosses his face.

“Jaeseop, did you hurt your hand?” I ask approaching the rapper.

“Oh, uh, yeah,” he answers distractedly.

“Come on, let’s put some ointment on it before it gets worse,” I say.

Jaeseop gets to his feet and we head to our room.

“Stay here, I’ll get the first-aid kit,” I order leaving the room.

I return quickly with the box. As I enter the bedroom I catch Jaeseop zoning out, a small smile on his distracted face.

“Hey, Jaeseop! Snap out of it,” I say sharply trying to get the cat’s attention.

“Huh? Oh,” He says focusing. “Sorry. . . Just. . . Thinking. . .” he finishes with a bit of a blush on his cheeks.

I sit next to him on his bed, setting down the kit I take out the ointment and some bandages. I cough a couple of times from the still lingering smoke.

“So, what really happened?” I ask, my curiosity getting the better of me.

“What?” AJ replies trying to play innocent.

“Something happened in there. Kiseop is not one to get so easily distracted. He would have noticed the burning once it started,” I state not looking up at him as I apply some ointment to his burned hand.

He stays quiet.

“Jaeseop,” I say trying to get his attention.

“Oh, sorry,” he apologizes snapping out of his daydreaming.

“What happened?” I ask again.

“Promise you won’t tell the others?”

“What?” I ask looking up at the rapper as I begin winding the bandages around his injured hand. “Tell me what happened, AJ.”

“You have to promise first,” he insists.

“Uhg, fine,” I agree rolling my eyes at him. “I promise.”

Jaeseop stalls for a bit as I return to bandaging his hand.

“Well, I went into the kitchen after Eli, Dongho  and I practiced. Eli went to his room, Dongho ran off who knows where. . . I went to the kitchen to get water-”

“Cut to the chase, AJ,” I interrupt knowing that he was trying to weasel his way out of telling me.

“Okay, okay!” he answers. “Kiseop was cooking dinner, I asked to help. He let me, but I did something stupid and I burned my hand. He came over to me. . . he checked my hand. . .” Jaeseop pauses as I finish bandaging his hand. “He was standing so close to me. . . and I couldn’t help it. . .”

I look up at him confused, but in the back of my head I knew very well what he was saying.

“Help what?” I ask.

“I kissed him,” he answers looking away from me. “And it kinda escalated from there. . .”

“What?” I ask surprised. “Were you two making out?” I gasp. “Pabo! What if Dongho saw!”

“Ah,” he says with a shrug. “Dongho’s a big boy, he would have been fine.”

“Not if the dorm would have burned down,” I mumble back.

“Oh, yeah,” AJ seems to suddenly remember the outcome of his actions. “I’d better go back and help clean up. And apologize for the mess I made,” he adds getting up from his place on the bed. “Thanks for bandaging my hand.”

“Mhm, no problem,” I say with a smile.

AJ leaves the room. At this point most of the smoke had cleared out. I head into the living room after a few moments. Dongho and Eli are in the living room wrestling each other on the floor.

“C’mon you little runt!” Eli says struggling with the maknae. “Where did you hide my phone?!”

“Somewhere!” was Dongho’s reply.

            Such kids. . .

“So I take it we’re eating take-out today?” Kevin asks as I enter the kitchen.

“Jaeseop and I will go out and buy something,” Kiseop replies.

“Yeah, I’m sorry for the mess, guys,” Jaeseop apologizes.

“It’s okay,” Soohyun answers. “Hurry back though, and be careful with your hand, Jaeseop,” he adds.

Jaeseop and Kiseop leave the kitchen as Kevin and Soohyun turn back to cleaning the mess. I watch Jaeseop and Kiseop leave, catching the two holding hands.

“Kevin, take out the garbage will you?” Soohyun orders. “It should help get rid of the smell.”

“Okay,” answers the dongsaeng.

As Kevin takes out the garbage Soohyun calls to Eli and Dongho.

“Yes, hyung?” Dongho asks entering the now clean kitchen with Eli close behind.

“Go close the windows, will you?” Soohyun asks.

“Alright,” Eli and Dongho reply.

The two head out leaving Soohyun and I alone.

“So, Kiseop told me what happened,” Soohyun says turning to me. “Apparently he and Jaeseop were doing much more than just cooking.”

“Jaeseop told me, too,” I say.

“I didn’t expect us both to establish a relationship at the same time, kind of weird don’t you think?”

“Kind of? I think it’s a really weird coincidence. . .”

We both laugh.

“Well, now that this is over, wanna go watch some TV until the ‘Seop Brothers return with our dinner?” Soohyun asks.

I nod in agreement and we both exit the kitchen. I sit at the large couch and grab the remote from the table next to the fish. I lean back into the sofa, Soohyun grabs a throw pillow and puts it on my lap and rests his head on it. I put my left arm around my leader’s body, holding his hand and setting down the remote on the arm rest as I use my now free right hand to run my hand through his soft hair. After a few minutes, I notice that Soohyun has fallen asleep. A small smile plays its way onto my lips. I could never have thought that things could be so perfect.

            Soohyun. . . I love you. . .

-----

A/N: Thanks for all of the reviews and comments! This is basically it. I'm going to add one more chapter, but it is "mature content", if you catch my drift. Also, I have begun a new Soohoon fic, chapter one should be up within the next week or so. Comment and subscribe!