Chapter 7

Together

  Ji Mi was busy with her case just as her cell phone rang.

  She grunted and picked up th phone, slightly hating on the person who decided to call her when she's busy. She hates being interrupted.

  "Yes, hello, this is Yeo Ji Mi, how may I help you?" she asked, trying to sound as polite as possible.

  "Do you even have any friends?" the caller asked, laughing.

  Confused, she checked the number calling. Oh.. that doctor from the clinic, Ji Hoo. She sighed. "Yes Ji Hoo, I do; it's just that they don't always call me when I'm in the middle of work."

  Ha! That ought to make him feel guilty, she thought with glee. Closing all her work files, she paid attention to his reply. "Oh uh... you're busy? You want me to call some other time?"

  Suppressing a giggle, she replied, "Nah, it's fine. I was just heading off to bed anyway. What's the matter?"

  "I was wondering if you were free for the whole next week."

  She didn't expect him to ask fer out.. while she was finding a way to politely reject him, he continued: "It's not what you think like it is! I'm short of an assistant that day, Jan Di is going on a vacation with Jun Pyo and I can't find a suitable assistant in just a few days.. and Yongguk has been a great help, so I was wondering if it was possible you send Yongguk to my clinic every week day at around 7:30am?" he said it in such a rush, she needed 3 seconds to comtemplate on that matter.

  Thinking about it, she actually hadn't try to be an assistant before, her parents are always 'hating' on the job and ushering her to become something important like a doctor or a lawyer or an engineer; but never an assistant. Now she's a lawyer and she's solving her own's family divorce case. For FREE. Plus, the trial is around 2 weeks away and she has so little to prepare...

  "Hey, Ji Hoo," she said, full of enthusiasm. "Yongguk and I will be the assistants of the week. Do we get pay?" she asked the last sentence jokingly, but Ji Hoo was overwhelmed that she was going to be the assistant (that was his intention of calling her anyway) and said, "Sure! Though it will not be as much as your daily income--"

  "Alright, see you on Monday!" she replied and hung up. Ji Mi changed into her pajamas, said "Goodnight! Don't let the bed bugs bite." to Yongguk and went to sleep herself.


  A/N:

  Sorry for a short update. (´□`。) Don't hate me!

  Well since it's a short one for today I'll write a longer one tomorrow, promise! Thank you for all your support, I'm really grateful! (。◕‿◕。)

  At first I felt discouraged to write it because I thought no one would read it, so thanks a lot for giving me a reason to write!

  Have a great day~