Chapter 2

Together

  Arriving at the F4 office, Ji Hoo saw three pieces of white cloths scattered on the floor. "They must have been here earlier," he muttered to himself as he strode to his seat.

  Lifting up the cloth, his name plate glittered as the evening sun rays shone. Touching the smooth edges of the glass, he remembered the days when Jun Pyo was so love sick about Jan Di; the days when Yi Jong would just stare aimlessly at the window; the days when Woo Bin would play nasty tricks on the tutor.

  Snapping out of his memories, he noticed a wooden robot, the one which his father gave him before passing away. Lifting the robot up, he scanned from every limb to every edge, and noticed some traces of glue at its right arm. He remembered that Jun Pyo was making fun of his robot when he was 5 and accidentally broke it; but it looks brand new now. "Ah, the Great Goo Jun Pyo has finally mended it eh?" he said, smiling.

  "Of course you ungrateful punk, who do you take me for?" came a reply. Smirking, he turned back, only to face the other F4 members.

  "You're late," said Woo Bin, who moved forward to give Ji Hoo a hug. To his astonishment, Yi Jong and Jun Pyo came to them and joined in a group hug.

  They were never that sentimental with each other, 5 years of each other's absence changed everything, didn't it? "Hey," Ji Hoo shouted, breaking off the hug while laughing, "Have you guys gone mental after 5 years of not contacting me?"

  Yi Jong chuckled and said, "Oh really now, Ji Hoo? I'm pretty sure you texted Jan Di every other day of your life but not us! What are we in your eyes, punk?"

  Jun Pyo who is very protective over Jan Di (and by the way, is Jan Di's husband), was shocked to hear that piece of news and grabbed Ji Hoo by the collar while questioning him: "Really? So you two have been texting each other behind my back without me knowing? What did you text about? Tell me this instant!" By then he was already shaking Ji Hoo to dizziness.

  Laughing, Woo Bin split them and smacked Jun Pyo. "Wow, the Great Goo Jun Pyo is worried that his wife will be taken away by her soul mate?" This made the others laugh even harder. Jun Pyo seemed to be in great rage, so Woo Bin finally resisted his laugh and added, "Yi Jong was just joking, Jun Pyo, relax. *Chuckle* If Ji Hoo would ever do that, you'd know I would use my iron fist to punch him right away."

  That statement set Jun Pyo some ease, though he still kept a close eye at Ji Hoo. Ji Hoo thought it was funny to provoke Jun Pyo some more, but Yi Jong cut them off, adding: "My engagement party with Ga Eul will be held this Friday. All of you better be present or I'll kill and rip you off with my bare hands."

  Ji Hoo went over to Yi Jong and slapped his shoulder hard. "I wonder.. How did a school girl like Cha Ga Eul managed to tame a wild playboy like you, Yi Jong? Do spill." Woo Bin excitedly added, "By the way, earlier when Yi Jong thought he was alone in the office, I saw him taking selcas (a Korean term expressing the individual who is taking self portraits) and sticking them into the flowers he was going to give her." They burst out laughing, even Yi Jong. After all, he knows he's the cutest and the most handsome amongst the F4 members. Why be shy?

  So the evening for the F4 members were spent catching up and joking each other, just like old friends do.