Chapter 5

Together

  A/N:
  
  I'm putting it at the top this time to ask you guys if you wanted spacing between the paragraphs.
  Today I kind of went through my fanfiction and saw that it was so crammed up! I couldn't bear with it myself, so how do you guys even bear to read through the whole chapter?
  
  So it's decided: I'm putting spaces between chapters right now. Thanks for your support!


  Ji Hoo actually left his schedule empty from 9:45am - 10:30am to 'greet' Yongguk.

  "More like to have a glance of your girlfriend," Jan Di as she was on her way to the kitchen; whereas he was sitting in the waiting room, waiting loyally like a dog would for it's master. He felt a little pathetic, as this had happened before. Once, he flew all the way from Seoul, Korea to Paris, France just to feel like a completely love-sick, useless lover. He didn't really want that to happen again.

 Sighing, he stood up and walked into his office just as the door slided open. He turned around, and there stood Yongguk, all smiley and happy unlike yesterday evening; and Ji Mi, class and rich scratched all over her outift and forehead. Jan Di gawked at how she looked so formal unlike yesterday.

 "J-j-j-j-just asking, what do you work as?" asked Jan Di and she slowly walked towards Ji Mi. To her (and his) surprise, Ji Mi did a belly laugh. Yongguk cringed at that sound, just a little. So unlike her yesterday, as if she had split personalities.

  "Jan Di-ssi, don't look at me so weirdly! I'm still the Ji Mi yesterday," replied Ji Mi as she took off her sunglasses. He wondered if that was the Ji Mi he met during the carnival.

  Yongguk ran up to him, hugged him tightly and said: "Good morning hyung! Sorry to trouble you, Ji Mi has some work to do! Don't worry about me being noisy and being a troublemaker, I won't! I'll even help noona Jan Di!" Yongguk exclaimed in such excitement that he couldn't stop chattering: "This is my first time working at a clinic, this is really weird.. what if the patients don't like me? What if I end up messing everything around? Nah, if I really were that clumsy Ji Mi probably wouldn't take me to her house to stay! I'll be homeless! Yeah yeah.." Ji Hoo laughed and patted him at the back. "Don't worry kiddo, they'll like you."

  He turned his attention to Ji Mi just as she had finished chatting with Jan Di. "So what time you'll be coming to pick him up?" he asked, feeling a nervous pit down his stomach. He didn't feel like himself. This wasn't him t all. Giving himself mental slaps, he listened attentively for her answer.

  "I'm sure the matter will be resolved at 4:45pm. It's quite a journey, so I may arrive here around 5:15pm or so. Is that fine?" Ji Mi asked, her eyes twinkling. She already knew that the answer will be a firm "OK". He wanted to play with her a little bit...

  "I'm not sure, today the clinic closes at 3:30pm because I'm taking a half day leave," he raised one eyebrow at her. She scowled, "To take Yongguk a tour around here or to your house?" she asked, sarcastically. 

  What can Ji Hoo do but surrender? He chuckled and said, "Fine, fine. I'll take him shopping near the complex here. All on me. Meet us at Chatime (bubble tea franchise) at that shopping complex when you arrive." She nodded, squatted and gave Yongguk some money. He stopped Ji Mi in her tracks and said: "Hey, I just said all on me." Ji Mi forced the money down Yongguk's pocket and gave him a distasteful look. "I don't like owing people money," she replied with a monotonous voice. Standing up, she said "Bye" to Jan Di in a bubbly tone and drove away.

  Yongguk was too excited for the day. "So what's my task, Jan Di-ssi?"