November 2015 Part 1

Unintended

[November 2015 Part 1]

The house had 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a living room, a dining room, a kitchen, and a big enough backyard. When he saw the pictures online, Joonhee decided that he liked the house. He told Yoonjae about it and a tour of the place was scheduled on the only day that Yoonjae would be able to go; the Thursday of that week. It was Monday when he found the listing.

On Thursday, both girls were taken when they went to see the house and Hwayoung declared she loved the house on the way back to the apartment. Yoonjae had smiled at her words and it was decided that it was going to be their new home when Joonhee and Yoonjae discussed it after dinner.

Yoonjae took it upon himself to contact the owner on Friday morning once he arrived at his office in between his work. The house was perfect and that brought a smile to Yoonjae's lips. The owner faxed him the paperwork that needed to be filled out.  He could just imagine Hwayoung and Jinae playing on the yard, probably with a puppy, he and Joonhee sitting on the porch or backyard at night, kissing and touching while they talked. He couldn't wait and an excited grin appeared on his face.

The day went by quickly and the next thing he knew, he was placing the paper work inside of his briefcase and was ready to go home. He grabbed his jacket and suitcase and headed out the door. He stepped into the elevator and pressed the garage button. The elevator moved and he arrived at the parking lot within seconds. As he stepped out of the elevator, his eyes flickered to the floor for a second before he started walking. He spotted his car but froze at the sight.

She was there, standing next to the car, his throat closed up, and his jaw tightened in anger. Even if 2 years had passed, his anger hadn't faded.

He bit the inside of his cheek and started to walk again. She saw him and sent him an awkward smile. His pulse sped up as he got closer and he wasn't sure how to act. Once he reached his car, she spoke.

"Yoonjae."
He could ignore her. He should ignore her. He walked to the side of the driver's seat.
"Yoon Yoonjae," her voice was strong and he stopped.
She had his attention; that's all she wanted... For now. "You look good, Yoonjae," she hoped he would look at her.
He stayed silent with his back facing her, "Look at me, Yoon."
It was quiet for a second before he turned and faced her completely. "What do you want?"
"How are the girls?"
"What do you want?" His face gave away to no emotion.
She sighed.
"Tell me what you want and leave me alone."
"Truthfully?"
He stayed silent.
"I came back, Yoonjae,” she said as she took a step closer to him “I wanted you to know that I’m willing to stay with you now."
"What?" He looked at her with confusion on his features
"I think I’m done running. I think I want to be with you again," she took another step closer, "We can have more kids and-"
"You think? Shiwon we are divorced."
"We don't have to get married again. At least not just yet."
He stopped her with a look, "No."
She looked startled for a second, before tilting her head. "Why?"
"I-"
"There is a reason why I left...," she cut him off. She was going to do everything in her power to get her family back.
"You left, that's all that matters."
"I talked to Joonhee," he froze at those words, "He told me that I should do what I wanted to. He said that if leaving you made me happy, I should leave you."
"What are you-"
"I asked him for advice," she shrugged, "He was the one to suggest the divorce."
Shiwon hid her smile when Yoonjae tensed at her words.
He relaxed a second later but she was satisfied with his reaction to the point where his words didn't affect her.
"Shiwon, just disappear again."
She said nothing else and she watched as he got on the car and drove away. She was going to do anything to be with him again.

'Taewong and Yoonjae know I’m back and Joonhee is next, from the looks of it.' A smile settled on her lips as she started to walk to her car. 'If Taewong had kept his mouth shut, I would have never guessed that Yoonjae and Joonhee were together...,' Her smile turned into a grin. 'Getting back with Yoonjae is going to be easy,' she thought as she got on her own car and started driving out of the parking lot a few minutes later.




He could hear her voice perfectly as her words would not fade; 'he was the one to suggest the divorce.’ He tightened his grip on the wheel and anger flowed through his veins again. 'I should not let her affect me so much, she is probably lying and it's probably a stupid thing to believe in anything she says.’ His eyes burned since he was trying to contain his tears, "Joonhee would never do that..."

He arrived at the apartment complex and rushed out of the car and into the apartment. Her parents had picked Jinae up that morning and had picked Hwayoung up from school to spend the weekend with them so the house was completely empty and dark when he arrived. Joonhee was probably on his way. He turned the light on, threw all his belongings onto one of the sofas and sat on the other. His hands wondered into his hair and pulled.

"What am I supposed to believe? Shiwon left me and I never saw it coming. Everything is her fault... But she did confide in Joonhee and asked him for advice…," he ruffled his hair harshly, "Joonhee would have told me."

He wasn't sure how long he was sitting there thinking, he only realized that time had passed because the door opened and Joonhee stepped into the apartment. The sudden noise snapped him out of his thoughts. He still didn’t know what to believe. Joonhee wore a small smile as he walked into the living room and Yoonjae's heart clenched. The younger male sat down next to him a few seconds later before reaching for the remote control and turning the TV on. The noise from the device filled the room. Joonhee kept a small amount of distance between them and it relieved Yoonjae; he had to think.

Joonhee relaxed against the back of the sofa and turned his head to look at him. His blood went cold when the younger’s hand started to fix his hair.
“You should stop pulling at your hair Yoonjae,” Joonhee said with a lazy smile.
He stood up, not letting Joonhee touch him, and reached for his briefcase. He saw as Joonhee frowned at his action and the distance between them, “I got the paperwork for the house,” he said as he took out the papers and gave them to the younger male.
Joonhee smiled and Yoonjae’s breath caught in his throat; Shiwon could not be telling the truth…
“You had time to do it?”
“Yeah.”
“You weren’t too busy today?”
Yoonjae shook his head as he took a seat, “How was your day, Joonie?”
Joonhee sighed before resting his head against Yoonjae’s shoulder, “Tiring. Yours?”
“It was… I’m not sure how to describe it…”
Joonhee turned to look at him with another frown. “Want to tell me about it during dinner? Are you hungry?”
“Yeah kind of.”

Joonhee was about to stand up when a hand wrapped around his forearm and a second later, Yoonjae’s lips were on his. He kissed back a second later. Once their lips parted, he stared at the older male but was just given another peck, this time on the cheek, before Yoonjae stood up and said he would take a shower.


He was trying to figure out what was going on with Yoonjae as he prepared dinner but could think of nothing. It must have been something that happened at work. He had prepared the meat yesterday night and now he just had to cook it and also had to prepare the rice and one or two side dishes. He had finished most of the meat and the rice was almost done when Yoonjae stepped into the kitchen. The older male offered his help and Joonhee assigned him the side dishes.

Joonhee tried to make conversation while they prepared the food but Yoonjae seemed set in being as silent as possible. He had tried to get Yoonjae to talk during dinner but failed more than once. They ate most of their dinner in relative silennce since the only noise filling the room was the soft murmur from the TV that reached the dining room. Yoonjae volunteered to wash the dishes and Joonhee sat down to watch TV for a bit. Yoonjae walked into the living room when he was done, Joonhee was expecting him to sit next to him but he bit his lower lip and said nothing when Yoonjae took a seat on the other couch. He had no idea how to make the older male tell him so he decided to leave it alone for now.

“Yoonjae,” he kept his voice a whisper and the older male pulled his eyes away from the TV screen slowly, “I should go home.”
Yoonjae looked at him for a second. “Why?”
“I have to be in the hospital early tomorrow,” he answered.
“You have slept over before. Stay.”
“It seems you want to be alone Yoonjae… I don’t know what is going on but you are acting weird.”
The older man’s eyes bore into Joonhee’s and there was a pause before Yoonjae spoke. “How long have you been in love with me?”
To say that the question took Joonhee by surprise was an understatement, “What?”
“What would you do to be with me?” There was anger on Yoonjae’s features now
“Yoo-”
“Shiwon showed up today. She was waiting next to my car,” The older male stood up and took a seat next to Joonhee.
“S-Shi-” Yoonjae’s lips silenced him with a kiss that lasted a few seconds. The older male pulled a few centimeters away; his hands settled on Joonhee’s shoulders and he pushed the younger man down, settling on top of him.
“How much did you know about my marriage before Shiwon left?”
Joonhee looked at him confused. “What I knew… What-”

He was kissed again, deeply this time and he struggled to push Yoonjae off.

“Is this what you wanted Joonhee?” His lips released Joonhee’s lips just to trail them onto the skin of Joonhee’s neck.

“Yoonjae what- Stop,” Joonhee placed his hand in Yoonjae’s shoulders and pushed. Another “stop” left Joonhee’s lips with a quivering voice and that made the older male stop.

Yoonjae stood up and started to pace before talking again. “She told me that you gave her some very good advice. You told her to leave me?! Did you tell her so that you could stand a chance and that I would fall in love with you?” Yoonjae felt his anger take over and what he was telling Joonhee sounded stupid in the back of his mind but there was no stopping now, “You are the reason she left me…,” he added with a whisper.

Joonhee sat up and looked at the floor. “Shiwon is back…” He glanced at Yoonjae for a second with tears in his eyes but didn’t make eye contact. “She told you…” He shook his head as he trailed off, “And you believed her.” He added as he looked at Yoonjae straight in the eye, "What else did she tell you?"
Yoonjae didn't answer.
Joonhee smiled sadly, "I used to give her a lot of advice when you two were dating, but once you got married, the only advice I gave her was that she should talk to you. I guess she got tired of me telling her that because she stopped asking for advice after a while," he closed his eyes to fight off the tears that were threatening to fall, "When you called and I realized she had left you, it was as much of a surprise to me as it was to you." The younger male, opened his eyes for a second to stand up but closed them again.

A tear slipped out and Yoonjae could feel the guilt take a hold of his heart, 'I am so stupid...'

The trail the tear left stood out because of the light and once it reached the end of its path and detached itself from Joonhee's skin only to fall and disappear… Yoonjae seemed to come back to his senses. The anger he felt vanished that instant.

"Joonie I-"
Joonhee cut him off with a shake of his head, "I get it. She is the mother of your children, right?" The surgeon opened his eyes and wiped the trail of moisture away. "I only have a few things here, I'll take them now." Joonhee looked at him again, "You should move into that house." His eyes flickered to the paperwork he had left in the coffee table, "with her and the girls."

His pulse sped up at the words and his breath hitched when he understood what the younger male was implying. Joonhee was going to leave him; if it made him happy the younger man was willing to leave him. That thought made panic course through his veins. He didn't want her, not anymore. His heart belonged to the man standing in front of him now. He couldn't let Joonhee leave him.

He closed his eyes, and took a deep breath to calm the panic he felt. He took two more breaths before opening his eyes. He opened them just to see Joonhee walk deeper into the apartment, towards the bedrooms. He looked after Joonhee for a second before he looked towards the front door. He had to make sure it was locked before going after Joonhee. He ruffled his hair in anger; this time, the anger was directed at himself, before checking quickly and was on his way towards the bedroom when Joonhee was exiting the room. A few items of clothing were in his left arm and a toothbrush was on his right hand.

Yoonjae felt his heart protest at the sight.
"Joonhee-"
The younger male made an attempt to walk past him unsuccessfully; Yoonjae blocked his way.
"Babe," he saw Joonhee tense at the word and he tried to escape again. Yoonjae's hand reached out and caressed the skin of Joonhee's chin for a second before making the younger male lift his head, "I'm sorry."

Joonhee looked at him again. His eyes were still watery and his nose was turning red, "I never thought Shiwon would come back and-"

He was standing close to Joonhee. He could smell the other's scent and their chests were almost touching.
"I know. None of us did."

Joonhee looked away from him. "I should leave."
"Stay with me tonight, I'll take you in the morning"
"You can bring Shiwon once I leave."
His blood ran cold and his hands immediately cupped Joonhee's cheeks. "You don’t understand Joonie. I don't want her here."
"Then why would you believe her? You- I would n-" Joonhee looked at him and the sadness Yoonjae saw there for a second broke his heart. The next second, it was gone.
“I know you would have never told her to leave me,” Yoonjae shook his head. “I’m sorry.” His stomach seemed to flip and tears filled his eyes at the thought of the younger male leaving. He whispered a "you aren’t leaving" before placing a kiss on Joonhee's lips. His hands were still cupping the younger's cheeks and his thumbs started to caress the skin. "I love you, just you. Please, don't leave me," He placed another kiss on the lips he loved so much and released the surgeon's cheeks to instead pull the younger male into a hug. "Don't."
"You shouldn’t believe her," Joonhee hid his face in his neck and a second later, he felt something land on his skin; Joonhee’s tears.
His hands started to tremble and his own tears started to fall. "Joonhee, babe, please," He pulled away and looked into the younger male's eyes.

"You insisted so hard in that we should date after Shiwon left you, and I was hesitant because I figured something like this would happen..." Joonhee trailed off.
"Joonie I-I'm an idiot, I know but seeing her again and what she told me. I just lost my head-"
He silenced Yoonjae by placing a kiss on his lips and he wrapped an arm around the taller man's neck. Yoonjae was about to steal another kiss when Joonhee pulled away.

“Okay,” Joonhee said but he wasn’t sure what it was supposed to mean. He felt Joonhee remove the arm that was wrapped around his neck and a hand wrapped around his wrist. He let Joonhee guide him. They ended up sitting on the couch. Joonhee was about to pull his arm away but the older male captured his hand and entwined their fingers. The younger man's eyes settled on him and he looked back.

"I'm sorry" he added before squeezing the hand that was being held by his. "She showed up so randomly and I just-" A hand touching his shoulder stopped his rant.
"I-I can't say I’m completely happy with her return but she is the mother of your children and she should be able to see them."
"Joonhee she-"
The younger male sighed and that cut off Yoonjae's words, "You don't love her?"
"I love you, Joonhee," a hand reached up to caress Joonhee's cheek, "Not her, not anyone else. I love you."
Yoonjae felt relief flood his system when Joonhee rested his head on his right shoulder. He moved his arm and wrapped it around Joonhee's shoulders while pulling the younger male closer. His nose brushed against Joonhee's hair and he placed a kiss on the younger's forehead. Joonhee moved to get comfortable and Yoonjae felt a smile appear on his lips when Joonhee relaxed completely against him. His hand immediately started to caress the younger's hair and Joonhee wrapped an arm around his torso.

They stayed in that position until Joonhee was unable to contain a yawn and with a smile, Yoonjae guided the younger man to bed only to change clothes and set the alarm. Joonhee was asleep minutes later and it didn’t take Yoonjae long to fall asleep either.

 


A/N: I hope this is long enough to please you guys. So Shiwon is back... OTL I thought I wasn't gonna do that but... I will add another 2 chapters to Unintended and it will be complete for reals this time. Any thoughts or comments? If there is anyone that cares enough to leave a comment, thank you. My heart feels heavy and lonely at the moment. Life is hard and growing up is harder... Thoughts can be such a powerful thing. OTL