August 2015

Unintended

[August 2015]

Jinae was still asleep as Hwayoung slipped her slippers on and stepped on the floor. Her steps were silent and she made her way through the apartment. Her destination was the kitchen.

He had turned away from the stove to grab the ketchup from the refrigerator when Yoonjae moved in front of his path. The older man had a smile on his face and leaned in close. Joonhee had been trying to put the finishing touches to the egg sandwiches he was making for breakfast but Yoonjae was making it difficult.

“What are you doing tonight?” The older man whispered into his ear.
“I was thinking of going home, having a nice dinner, and sleeping after my shift,” Joonhee answered with a playful smile.
He grinned as he placed his hands on the younger male’s waist “And where do I come into those plans?”
Joonhee placed his hands on top of Yoonjae’s chest, “I guess I could come see you after work for a bit.”
Yoonjae made an approving noise, “Okay but I was thinking of something else. You can go home and get ready. I can take you to dinner and we can come back here or to your place. Taewong is willing to take care of the girls for the night.”
Joonhee bit his lower lip and looked at him, “Sounds like a good plan.”
His grin turned into a smile, “So what do you say?” He leaned down and captured Joonhee’s lips in a kiss. It was slow, sensual, and Yoonjae was about to gently bite Joonhee’s lower lip when he was interrupted.

“Dad?” Joonhee moved away from him fast and Hwayoung sat down on one of the chairs.
He turned to face her. “Yes?”
“You were kissing Joonhee,” she sent a smile their way, Joonhee blushed at her words, and he raised an eyebrow, “Does that make him my dad as well?”
Yoonjae laughed as he noticed that Joonhee’s blush intensify before shaking his head, “He is your mom.”
“Yoonjae!” Joonhee turned to look at him with a serious face.
“My mom?”
“Yes,” He grinned as he turned to look back at Joonhee and tried to keep his laughter in check.
“No!” Joonhee looked to look at Hwayoung, “Your dad is just-”
“But you would be a good mom,” she argued and Yoonjae’s laughter filled the kitchen when Joonhee froze.
He walked to Joonhee and placed a kiss on his cheek, “He would Hwayoung. Do you want him to be your mom?”
“Yeah, Joonie is pretty.”
Joonhee looked between them for a second, reached the refrigerator, and grabbed the bottle of ketchup before returning to the egg sandwiches.


He had pulled over at a gas station when his phone rang. By now, he knew the ringtone and number by memory: Joonhee.

 

“Hello?”
“Hi, are you on your way home?”
He smiled, “Yeah. I just stopped at a gas station,” He was fastening his seat belt as he answered.
“Okay. I got a call from Hwayoung’s school.”
Yoonjae stopped and he had a bad feeling settle in the pit of his stomach “Did she get in trouble?”
“Ah no but she got sick.”
“What? Hold on I’m on my way!” Fear coursed through his veins.
“Yoonjae calm down. She is fine and is resting. She just caught the flu.”
“She was fine when I dropped her off this morning,” he wanted Joonhee to understand. It was his daughter.
“It’s okay. She just needs to sleep Yoon.”
“Are you sure?” He could imagine the look Joonhee was wearing and Joonhee probably didn’t understand completely but Yoonjae knew that the younger male was trying.
Joonhee laughed “Yes. Just get home safely.”
“Okay,” he answered and hung up. Yoonjae trusted Joonhee but he still hurried home.

He arrived home to find Joonhee playing with Jinae. Joonhee looked up when he closed the door and gave him a smile, “She is sleeping in her room.”
He answered with an “okay” and walked to her room after leaving his briefcase and jacket on the couch. She was okay except that her forehead was warm. He walked back to the living room after making sure his fears were conquered. Joonhee was still playing with Jinae as he sat on the couch before sliding to the floor next to her.

“Are you hungry? I’ll make dinner,” Joonhee broke the silence as he stood up and Yoonjae started playing with Jinae.
He looked at the younger man before stopping him, “Let’s order something Joonie.”
“Are you sure? I can-”
“Yeah,” He picked up Jinae and laid her on the couch. He the TV, turned to a channel with a movie and Jinae’s eyes focused on the screen. He turned to the younger man and smiled, “Thank you for taking care of them.”
Joonhee smiled before shaking his head, “You don’t have to thank me.”
“I do. Today was your day off and you-”
“It’s fine. I’m-”
“Tired. I can tell.”
Joonhee stayed quiet as Yoonjae reached out and took a hold of one of his hands.
“Go take a nap. I’ll wake you up when dinner gets here,” Yoonjae extended a hand and waited for the younger male to take it so that he could help Joonhee stand up.
“No Yoon-“ The younger male shook his head.
“Don’t argue, just go rest babe,” Joonhee lightly blushed at the word and Yoonjae’s heart seemed to skip a beat. The first time he had called Joonhee “babe” the younger man had stumbled on his words as a blush took over his face.
“But-”
“Kang Joonhee…”
Joonhee sighed and took Yoonjae’s hand. He was standing a second later and Yoonjae placed a kiss on his forehead. With a “come on”, he started to walk to the room while pulling Joonhee along who didn’t put up much resistance. A yawn surfaced when Joonhee laid on the bed and Yoonjae handed him a blanket. The younger man covered himself and closed his eyes in pleasure. Yoonjae smiled as he walked to Joonhee and pushed Joonhee’s hair away from his face.

“Sleep well Joonie,” He heard Joonhee make a noise in approval and he placed another kiss on the younger’s forehead before leaving the room.


 

An hour and a half later, he walked into the room again. He heard Joonhee’s deep breathing fill the room and it made him not want to wake up Joonhee but he had too. The food would get cold if he didn’t and he wanted to spend some time with the younger man.

He whispered the other’s name as he approached the bed. His hand landed on Joonhee’s cheek and he caressed it again before calling out to him a bit louder. Joonhee shifted a little in his sleep and Yoonjae got closer. He sat down and placed a kiss on Joonhee’s lips.

“Wake up babe. The food is here.”
Joonhee’s eyes fluttered open and his lips spread in a smile when a kiss was placed in his forehead.
“Did you sleep well?”
The younger male nodded. “Where is Jinae? Is Hwayoung still asleep?”
“They are both asleep now, come on you need to eat something. Are you hungry?”
“A little.”
“Come on,” He gave a light spank to Joonhee’s and stood up. Joonhee stretched on the bed as he rubbed sleep out of his eyes. He stood up with a lazy smile before following after Yoonjae and the smell of food reached him the moment he stepped out of the bedroom. The food was still in the bag on top of the dining room table and Joonhee tried to hide a yawn as he walked into the kitchen to grab plates. Yoonjae walked in behind him and was about to go to the fridge to get them some drinks but stopped. He stared as Joonhee opened the cabinet and took out two plates. After that, he opened a drawer and took out chopsticks and spoons. He placed them on the counter. The younger man knew where everything was and-

“Joonhee,” The younger male turned to look at him. Joonhee’s eyes where still clouded with sleep. His hair was a mess but he still looked beautiful to Yoonjae. He started walking forward and wrapped his arms around Joonhee’s waist when he reached the other man. The younger man’s arms wrapped around his neck and they were pressed together, “I want you to move in with me.”

He heard how the other took a sharp inhale of air. Joonhee’s eyes widened and he pulled back, his hands settling on Yoonjae’s shoulders. Yoonjae didn’t loosen his grip.

“What? Why?”

Yoonjae had to chuckle and his hands slid from Joonhee’s waist to his . “I had been thinking about it for a while. I think it’s for the best to move somewhere bigger. Hwayoung and Jinae need their own room, and if you move in, you won’t have to go home so late, and I can have you in my bed every night,” His hands squeezed, Joonhee let out a soft gasp, and Yoonjae buried his face in the other’s neck. “I also remember Hwayoung saying she wanted you as her mom,” his teeth bit the skin softly: it earned him a quiet moan. “It’s beneficial to all of us. I’m sure that there will be a lot of places to choose from, but I want both of us to choose,” he said against the skin and he felt how Joonhee’s pulse was racing. “What do you say?” Joonhee could never resist him for long.


A/N: Well this is the last chapter! Eh, I hope that everyone will like it. Sorry if there was no twist like some of you wanted! I had something in mind but decided  against it. Please leave a comment? Thank you!