February 2014

Unintended

[February 2014]

He took a look around and spotted Taewong easily. He arrived at the table within seconds and sat down before greeting the older man.

“Joonhee, I am sorry about not being able to have dinner with Yoonjae, the girls and you last night,” he felt a little guilty but work was work.
“It’s fine, but you could have just told us you couldn’t make it,” Joonhee answered with a smile.
“It was a last minute thing and I figured that Yoonjae and the girls needed to go out for a while,” Taewong paused before looking at the menu in front of him, “Yoonjae has settled into a routine, and it worries me.”
Joonhee nodded before he looked away from Taewong and a waitress arrived a few seconds later.
“Order whatever you want Joonhee, I need to thank you,” A small smile appeared on the older man’s lips.
“Thank me?” Joonhee looked at him with a confused expression.
Taewong nodded, and placed his order. Joonhee placed his order as well and the waitress was gone. He was trying to recall why Taewong would want-
“I know you are helping Yoonjae a lot. He tells me how you help him with the girls and around the house. He talks about you all the time,” He said with a grateful tone.
Joonhee smiled and looked at the table for a second. “I enjoy being with Hwayoung and Jinae. It’s no trouble”
Taewong smiled, “And you have become a distraction for Yoonjae.”
“A distraction?” Joonhee wasn’t sure what that meant. Their drinks where quietly placed on the table.
“He doesn’t think about Shiwon anymore,” Taewong felt anger when he thought of her. She had almost ruined his brother.
Joonhee shook his head in a no motion, “You are wrong Taewong, he-”
“He’s starting to see you in a different light. And with the way he is acting, he-I think he might end up falling in love with you,” he hoped that what he was saying would come true.
“He is just being nice, Taewong,” Joonhee sighed, “I am helping him and it’s his way of saying thank you.”
“I never said he’s not grateful, but Joonhee-” He smiled. He figured that Joonhee wouldn’t want to see his brother falling for him since it would give Joonhee hope, but he was sure that it was happening. Every time, Yoonjae looked at, or even talked about Joonhee, his younger brother’s mood would improve.
Joonhee’s eyes shifted from his cup to Taewong and gave him a small smile before cutting him off. “Taewong, you are imagining things.”


The call came in at 5:04 P.M. Joonhee had just taken his phone out of his locker and turned it on.
“Hi,” was the first thing he heard and Joonhee smiled at the fact that he could hear Yoonjae’s smile before he answered with a, “Hey”.
“Are you coming over tonight?”
“You need help?” He started ing his lab coat.
“Well… no but I would like for you to come over just because.”
“Just because, Yoonjae?” He laughed.
“Yes Joonhee. So what do you say?”
He took his lab coat off before answering, “Let me know when you get home so I can head over.”
“Should I pick you up?” He placed it in his locker and took out a few more things: his car keys, and a small bag.
“No… I’m still at the hospital and it would be easier if I just take my car. You have a habit of falling asleep and I end up sleeping over.” Joonhee closed the locker.
“There is nothing wrong with it, besides I am about 5 minutes away from the hospital so I’m picking you up.”
“Yoonjae-”
“Be outside,” was the last thing he heard before the cell phone flashed and “call ended” appeared. He sighed and with a shake of his head, he decided that he had no other choice. He started walking and shook his head again. Yoonjae could be so stubborn.


 

He settled Hwayoung on the bed before caressing her hair out of her face. She looked so peaceful when she was asleep; it made him smile. Jinae had fallen asleep on Joonhee’s arms and the younger male had placed her on her crib about an hour ago. He made sure both girls were completely asleep before leaving the room. Quietly, he walked to the kitchen. Joonhee was facing the sink as he washed the dishes that they had used to cook and eat dinner with. His eyes roamed Joonhee’s back for a second and he stood next to the younger male. His hand settled on Joonhee’s lower back, and he failed to see that Joonhee’s movements faltered for a second, the moment Yoonjae touched him.

“Need help?”
“Ah yeah sure. You can dry the dishes and put them up.”
Yoonjae nodded and started. It was quiet except for the running water and the occasional clinking of the dishes against each other.

“I should get going,” Joonhee said as he dried his hands when they finished and Yoonjae looked at him for a few seconds.
“You don’t have to go. Watch a movie with me,” Joonhee looked at his phone and it was 9:04. He didn’t really have to go home just yet. He settled on the floor since Yoonjae sat on the couch. He wasn’t sure he could be calmly seated next to Yoonjae now that the only light in the apartment was the light that the TV gave off. He saw the previews start and focused on the screen.

He got cold within the first 30 minutes of the movie and the floor was not helping. He looked at Yoonjae. The older man was half sitting, half laying on the couch, his focus on the movie, and one of Jinae’s blankets was covering him from the waist down.

When Joonhee stood up, it didn’t surprise Yoonjae. He had seen Joonhee shiver more than once and knew it was only a matter of time before he stood up to get a blanket. Joonhee was about to ask if he could grab a blanket when Yoonjae removed the blanket from himself and wrapped a hand around Joonhee’s wrist. He pulled the younger man towards him, and Joonhee ended up sitting on the couch.

He could feel Yoonjae moving and his heartbeat started racing. A warm hand touched his back and applied pressure causing him to rest against Yoonjae’s torso. The blanket covered both of them and Joonhee wanted to protest but everything seemed to die in his throat. Yoonjae was warm and was still looking at him after a few minutes passed. It made him nervous, uncomfortable. He tried to maintain his focus on the movie but he could still feel Yoonjae’s eyes on him.

“Joonhee,” Yoonjae whispered and he could do nothing but turn to face the older man with wide eyes.

A thumb and a finger applied pressure to the area below his chin which made him look up a few centimeters, Yoonjae’s eyes were half closed, and the small distance separating them vanished. Yoonjae caressed Joonhee’s lower lip with his tongue softly before on it. He gave the same treatment to Joonhee’s upper lip before pulling back. He found it cute that the younger man had his eyes tightly closed. His hand moved to Joonhee’s cheek and the smooth skin. He placed his lips on top of Joonhee’s once again and started to kiss the younger man.

It took Joonhee a few seconds to respond, but he started by on Yoonjae’s lips. Yoonjae’s hand continued to stoke Joonhee’s cheek while his other hand wrapped around the younger man’s waist keeping him in place. Joonhee’s hands gripped the fabric of the older man’s shirt, his hand forming fists.

They pulled back when their breathing was labored and their breaths mingled as he waited for Joonhee to open his eyes. He gave the younger male a smile when his eyes fluttered open and kept eye contact even through the embarrassment he felt.

“I like you Joonhee,” he whispered and Joonhee’s cheeks lit up with a blush. “You are cute,” Yoonjae added before placing a peck on Joonhee’s lips. “I want to try to fall in love with you, if you let me.”


A/N: Thank you guys so much for the support! I really thought that everyone had forgotten about the drama but you guys are here reading so yay! Please leave a comment? Thanks!