The Party

My Older Brother A.K.A My Love Rival

Yumi's P.O.V

 

"How was Japan? Met anyone new?" I asked him as I played with my straw.

 

"I met A LOT of girls! But to be honest, none of them were my type," he said as he played with his fingers.

 

"Wait... Are you Gauel l?" WooHyun asked.

 

"Yes... Hi Namu," Gauel said shyly.

 

AWWHHHH I could feel the love between these two kids. I stared at them and imagined Gauel and WooHyun running around the open grass.

 

"To celebrate your comeback to Korea, I'll hold a party. Tonight at seven pm. I'll invite SungGyu oppa and see if he can come or not. Please dress up a bit," I plead. They all nodded and made note in their phones.

 

BEEP BEEP

 

I looked over at my phone. I got a text from my mother.

 

Yumi ah. So we want you to get married as soon as possible so you and your husband can quickly take over your dad's company. I think SungGyu will do a fine job, don't you think? Tell me if you agree or not!

 

- Love Mom

 

"Who is it from?" Gaeul asked cautiously. I quickly locked my phone and shook my head.

 

"No one," I lied. I quickly fixed my hair and stood up. "I got to go, meet me at my house," I said as I grabbed my backpack. I quickly walked out of the cafe and headed straight home. When I arrived home, I immediately ran to my mom's room.

 

"MOM! WHAT'S UP WITH THE WHOLE SUDDEN MARRAIGE THINGY?!?! I'M IN HIGH SCHOOL MOM. I CAN'T GET MARRIED IN HIGH SCHOOL. EVERYONE'S GONNA JUDGE ME!" I yelled at her.

 

"Yumi ah, think for a moment. I think SungGyu taking over your father's business will be a positive thingy for the two of you. I've noticed that Myungsoo's household's income is decreasing as time ticks by. Soon, they'll have to live as a commoner. In order to stop that, we can let SungGyu take over your father's business by marrying you, and we can win Myungsoo his dad's spot in the company," my mom calmly said as she grabbed her cup of coffee.

 

"W-what? Their income is..." I was speechless. I didn't know what to say. This whole time, I thought the two brothers were perfectly normal. I didn't know any of this was happening. Wait... that means I'm going to marry SungGyu oppa... and I like SungGyu oppa... so this is actually a good thing... right? My lips soon curved into a smile and I skipped my way out. I could hear my mom opening today's newspaper that she didn't get to read in the morning.

 

I honestly felt really happy right now. Happier than receiving the tickets for b1a4's first concert, happier than receiving all the birthday wishes... I was actually happier than me finding my Samsung Galaxy player... I squealed and whipped out a fresh new notebook. Starting from today, I'm going to write in my diary. I sharpened my pencil and wrote the date on the top right corner.

"Dear Diary, I’m super super excited right now. My mom just announced to me my marriage plans. She said I'm going to marry SungGyu oppa since he's the older one and he's the one who should've been the rightful heir of his dad's company. In all honesty, it's not right for his uncle to be in charge of his company. I think getting Myungsoo his rightful spot isn't going to happen easily since, his uncle won't give up the spot easily. I really wish nothing will be too awkward between the two of us when my mom mention the marriage plan. I just don't like it how my mom announced the whole marriage plan just out of the blues. I’ll write more when Woo Hyun's welcome party ends. Bye,"

 

Myungsoo's P.O.V

 

Things were pretty awkward. I haven't seen WooHyun for like, what two years? I could see Gaeul trying her best to flirt with him but WooHyun's mind seems to be somewhere else. I couldn't help but to feel bad for Gaeul and her never-going-to-happen-love. I want to get out of this place because Yumi's not here. The only reason why I agreed to tag along with Gaeul was because she told me she was going to the Cafe Yumi was at.

 

"Oh, so where's the party going to be?" Woohyun questioned.

 

"Yumi's house... She just said that like an hour ago," Gaeul said as she held back her laugh.

 

"I'm going home, I need to dress up for the party," I said, excusing myself. The two waved goodbye and Gaeul started to talk with Woo Hyun all over again.

 

 

 

"Hyung, are you ready to go?" I asked SungGyu hyung 30 minutes before the party.

 

"Yeah, let's go," SungGyu hyung said as he fixed his watch. He twirled his key car as he whistled downstairs. He seemed to up upbeat about something. He jumped in his car and started the engine. I suspiciously looked at SungGyu hyung but I decided to shove it aside. I sat next to SungGyu hyung and hummed to B1A4's song. The car ride was pretty quiet, which was unusual. SungGyu hyung was hiding something and I knew it.

 

"Hyung, wha-"

 

"Hey, what do you think about Yumi?" SungGyu hyung asked. I was shocked that he tried to interrupt my question.

 

"Why?"

 

"Nothing, I was just curious," he said as he parked in front of Yumi's house. He turned the engine off and walked out of the car. I remained sitting, dumbfounded. It bothered me that he wasn't telling me what was going on. It made me angry that he was trying to hide something that has to do with Yumi from me. I'm positive he knows that I have feelings for Yumi...

 

"Sir," the security guard said as he knocked on the window. I unfastened my seatbelt and walked towards Yumi's house.

 

 

 

The party was held in Yumi's room, since the numbers of guests were few. Woohyun and Gaeul were playing wii together while SungGyu hyung and Yumi talked with each other. I wanted to join their conversation but they seemed to be in a deep conversation, I knew right away it wasn't a conversation I could join. I just hung out with WooHyun and Gaeul and played wii. When my character for Super Smash Bro's died, I turned around to see what Yumi and SungGyu hyung were doing and I saw Yumi crying and SungGyu hyung wiping her tears away. They were extremely close to each other and so were their faces. SungGyu hyung then put his head into an angle that made it look like he was going to kiss Yumi. Then, I realized that his face was getting closer to Yumi's face. I wanted to scream, telling him to stop but my voice didn't come out. Yumi slowly closed her eyes and she wrapped her arms around him. My heart sank and my eyes started to get teary. I quickly turned around to hold back my tears.

 

"YAY!!! I WON!!" Gaeul yelled in happiness as she jumped out of her seat.

 

"Darn it," WooHyun said all upset.

 

"I'm going to go home. I don't feel good," I lied.

 

"Wh-"

 

"Bye," I mumbled without seeing Yumi's face. I just walked straight to the exit because I couldn't stand it anymore.

 

"Myungsoo ah, I'll give you a ri-"

 

"No, I can walk home. I want to walk home," I said as I turned around to see SungGyu hyung's face. His face seemed hurt, which I didn't understand because I should be the one that's hurt.

 

"See you at home then," SungGyu hyung said before he closed Yumi's door behind him.

 

Hyung... I trusted you...