Last Goodbye

Last Goodbye

" You're on oxygen. You'll be fine, sir. " The paramedic told Dongwoon. 

He was still gasping, but a little lesser. They reached the hospital and pushed Dongwoon to the emergency room. 

" Sir please wait outside. " the doctor said. I went up to Doojoon who was hugging the crying Kikwang. 

" Kikwang-ah, the doctor told me Dongwoonie would be alright. He's on oxygen, don't worry. " I said as I rubbed Kikwang's back.

He buried his face in Doojoon's shirt and cried even more. 

" Aigooo, don't cry anymore. Pray that Dongwoonie will be fine. " Junhyung said as he ran his fingers through Kikwang's hair. The doctor came out of the emergency room. 

" Son Dongwoon? " he said as Yoseob ran up to the doctor. 

" Mr Son Dongwoon is currently unconscious, but he will be doing well. We have to put him on oxygen because he had something called a ' lung spasm '. He'll be warded till he gets better. " said the doctor as he smiled. 

Yoseob smiled and bowed followed by thanking him. Yoseob told us the story. 

" Ah thats a relief isn't it? " I said as I looked at Kikwang who was still crying. We saw Dongwoon being moved into Room 211, his usual room.

" Kikwangie ah, lets go to Dongwoon's room. Come on. " Doo said as he stood up. We walked to Dongwoon's room. There was a heart rate machine at the side of him, and an oxygen tank thingy. I have no idea what its called. Kikwang couldn't stop crying.

" Lee Kikwang. Come here. " Junhyung said. Kikwang walked over to Junhyung.

" Look at me..Dongwoon is gonna be fine. Look at me. " Junhyung said as he tilted Kikwang's head up.

His eyes were red, puffy and swollen. 

" Look at you. Your eyes are all swollen. You think Dongwoon's gonna be happy when he wakes up and sees you like this? " he continued. 

Kikwang stopped crying, looked at Junhyung and shook his head. 

" Ne. So stop crying. " Junhyung said. Ki nodded. 

I heard a faint whisper, " Kik..kikwang..hyung.. " I knew it was Dongwoon. I turned around and I saw Dongwoon awake. 

" Eh? Dongwoonie is awake! " Doojoon said as he tried to make the atmosphere cheery.

" Ne.. " i heard Dongwoon say. 

" Don't speak, write your words down. " Yoseob said. I gave Dongwoon a memo pad and a pen. 

He wrote down, " Kikwang-hyung, come here.. " 

" Ne, mwoya? " Kikwang said as he tried hiding his shaky voice. Dongwoon touched Ki's face and wiped his tears.

' Don't cry anymore.. Dongwoonie-neun will be fine, I promise you.. ' Dongwoon wrote again. Kikwang nodded. 

' Hyunseung-hyung, take care ah.. Junhyung-hyung, saranghae. Doojoon-hyung, take care, good luck in school. Yoseob-hyung, take care of your throat and don't lose your precious voice.. Dongwoonie-neun will be okay before the holidays.. I promise.. Hwaiting! ' Dongwoon wrote. 

We all teared up and hugged Dongwoon. We were all devastated, and didn't go to school. Dongwoon miraculously got better, and made it back to school before the holidays. 

" Dongwoon is like a miracle in a nutshell. " I said as I tapped Junhyung. 

" Haha! Ara! That boy. Unpredictable. " Junhyung replied.

It was a day before the holidays started a.k.a the last day of school. Dongwoon was surrounded by girls, " Yah! Oppa~ go out with me! " pleaded Lee Taeyeon. 

" Yah, girls, Dongwoon needs to go. " I said as I pushed them aside.

Now, its Yoseobbie's turn to speak again.

Annyeong, Yoseob-eun here. Dongwoon was literally a miracle. That kid. If I had to choose, money or Dongwoon, i would take Dongwoon. Anyway, holidays was fun. The 6 of us actually went overseas together to New York! Thank goodness Dongwoon didn't faint or have a lung spasm. We spent a week there. It was fun, although amusement parks were a nono. Although we could go without Dongwoon, we thought it was kinda mean to leave Dongwoon while we had fun. So, we went to all the landmarks and popular eateries since Dongwoon loved food. How we got the money? I don't even know! We got back to Korea safely. But.. The next week.. Dongwoon had another lung spasm. Dongwoon was with Junhyung, Doojoon and I. We were at Doojoon's house, just lying in bed, relaxing. Suddenly Dongwoon grabbed my shirt and gasped, 

" I can't ... breathe..again.. " Junhyung called the ambulance and they arrived quickly. They masked him with oxygen. Doojoon and Junhyung followed him to the hospital. I took a taxi there myself while I called Hyunseung and Kikwang. I reached the hospital and I saw Junhyung and Doojoon. 

" Hyung ah! " I shouted as I ran towards them.

" How's Dongwoon? Is he okay? " I asked.

 

 " He got more oxygen. " Junhyung said.

" The doctors are trying their best to get him to breathe. His heart rate is dropping. " said Doojoon. I broke down. I couldn't handle my emotions. We hugged each other and we cried. We were losing our best friend. Then Kikwang and Hyunseung came.

" Yoseobbie ah! How's Dongwoonie? " asked Ki.

" His heart rate is dropping...... And the doctors are trying their best to get him to breathe. " I explained. All 5 of us wept together.

Now, I shall pass this to Junhyung-hyung.

Ne. Annyeong.

We were all in shock. Just then the doctor came out of the emergency room.

" Dongwoon is doing fine, currently. But he needs to undergo surgery tomorrow morning. " The doctor told me.

" Kamsahamnida. " I said as I bowed.

" Dongwoonie is fine, but he needs to undergo surgery tomorrow morning. " i told the 5 boys.

 

 

They just cried for hours in Room 211, waiting for Dongwoon to wake up. All their eyes were swollen and bloodshot red. " Yah. You all, stop crying. Woon's awake now. " i said as I handed him the notepad.

' Hyung ah.. Mianhe.. ' he wrote. " Yah, why are you sorry? " I asked, puzzled. ' I'm troubling you..again.. Don't hit me please. ' he continued writing.

" No you aren't. You are not causing trouble. I won't hit you. Are you hungry? " I asked.

' Aniya. ' he wrote. ' Tell the other hyungs to stop crying.. Or I'll cry too and choke on my tears. ' He continued writing.

" Yah yah yah! Stop crying, woonie said he'll choke if he starts crying. " I told the boys. 

They stopped crying and went to have a look at Dongwoon. 

' Don't cry anymore, please. I love you all.. Seeing you cry isn't a good feeling when you're paralyzed and have a mask over your face not allowing you to talk.. Please hyungs.. Especially Kikwang-hyung. ' he wrote.

Somewhere around 7p.m, Dongwoon could remove his oxygen for an hour. 

" Hyung ah. " Dongwoon said as he wrapped his arms around all of his hyungs, one by one.

" Dongwoonie, you have a surgery tomorrow morning. " I told him. 

" I know. Lets hope I win that battle. " Dongwoon replied. 

" You will, I know. " Doojoon said. He smiled. 

" It feels so good to be talking rather than being suffocated in that thing. " Dongwoon said as he pointed to the oxygen mask.

" Hahaha! You must be hungry! You haven't eaten the whole day. " Hyunseung said, accompanying his words with a laugh.

We had dinner and fell asleep at the hospital. We woke up the next morning at 6 a.m. Dongwoon had his surgery at 9 a.m. Dongwoon was still asleep. We went to go have breakfast and bought back some for Dongwoon. I came back to Room 211 to accompany Dongwoon. He took a shower with the assistance of me. The rest came up after Dongwoon finished his shower. " Dongwoon-ah, Goodbye. I'll see you later, Hyung loves you okay. You'll be fine. " I said. 

" Yah, Son Dongwoon, I'll see you later. Goodbye Namshin. Junhyung-hyung sarang neol. " Junhyung said as he held Dongwoon's hand. 

" Namshin, Yoseobbie hyung will see you later. You'll be ok. Goodbye~. Yoseobbie hyung saranghandago. " Yoseob said.

" Hyunseungie loves you. You'll be fine, goodbye Namshin. " Hyunseung said as he touched Namshin's hair.

" Doojoonie will see you later okay. Saranghamnida. Annyeong Dongie. " Doojoon said as he shed a tear.

" Hyung's ah. Thank you, thank you all for being there for me, paying my medical bills. If I die, I wanna say that I Love You all, and I will miss you. Annyeong. " Dongwoon said as he was pushed to the operating theatre.

That..was the last time we saw Dongwoon. His smile, his beautiful godly face, his voice. We waited till 1:15p.m. till the doctor finally came out.

" Son Dongwoon's family. I'm so sorry. Dongwoon's lungs gave way.. I've tried my best. He.. passed on at 13:14p.m. I'm sorry.. " Dr Lee said as he sat beside us. I fell on the floor. I cried.

" Son Dongwoon! Wae gurae! I need you. Hyung needs you. " I said as I dug my fingernails in my face. Yoseob cried on the floor with me.

" Yoseobbie hyung loves you Son Dongwoon. Hyung will miss you. " He said as he hugged me. Junhyung, Doojoon and Hyunseung were speechless. Nothing but tears appeared on Junhyung's face. Doojoon hugged Junhyung and cried.

" Yah! Why did he have to leave us now? " Hyunseung wailed. We were grief-stricken. I went to Dongwoon's drawer and found 5 notes. One for each of us.

" To: Kikwang-hyung. From: Namshin. Dear Kikwang-hyung, I wrote this letter incase I don't make it during the surgery. I love you hyung. Dongwoon-eun will miss you.  I know you're crying right now.. Please don't.. It pains me to see hyung cry. I really really thank you for taking care of me all this while. Take care of Yoseob-hyung for me. I'll wait for you to come, hyung. Don't be rational. Saranghamnida, Son Dongwoon. " I couldn't stop crying.

This is now Doojoon.

I read my letter,

" To: Doojoonie-hyung. From: Namshin. Dear Doojoon-hyung, I wrote this letter incase I don't make win the battle later.. Dongwoonie is really sorry for making you cry. I beg you, hyung-ah; don't cry. Namshin-eun will wait for you. Thank you for everything you've done for me. Jeongmal kamsa. Take care of everyone for me like how you cared for me. Saranghandago. Son Dongwoon. " I cried and cried.

Junhyung took his letter next,

" To: The Joker. From: Your Favourite Dongsaeng. Annyeong ah Joker. My 2nd favourite hyung, I love you. Dongwoonie didn't make it if you're reading this letter. Don't cry okay, stay strong. Namshin will miss you alot. Thank you for taking care of me. I'll wait for you hyung. Saranghamnida. Please look after the boys for me. Don't let Namshin down. " the letter read. I cried like I've never cried before.

Next, Hyunseung. " To: Rancho. From: Toad noises. Hyunseungie ah, if you're reading this, Dongwoon-sshi has passed on. Thank you so much for looking after me. I'll miss you. Don't cry, okay. Dongwoonie will wait for you.. Saranghae. "

Lastly, Yoseob's.

" To: My Favourite Hyung. From: Son Namshin. Yoseobbie ah, my favourite hyung..  Dongwoonie has passed on, but I want you to be strong. Don't cry. I'll miss you and I'll wait for you. Thank you for looking after me. Dongwoonie jeongmal sarang Yoseobbie-neun. Dongseob forever<3 Saranghae hyung. Take care of your hyungs and don't forget Namshin. " It read.

We were all weeping on the floor. We saw Dongwoon's body later on, it was unbearable. This is Yoseob-eun by the way. We took Dongwoon's body back to Junhyung's house and we had him buried the next day.

" Goodbye Namshin. " I said as I sprinkled some flowers over his grave. The next day, we had school, just for this day, we were all feeling down and sad.

" Dear school, I would like to announce some bad news. As you all know Son Dongwoon who was sick, he passed away on the 5th of December at 13:14p.m. His friend, Yoseob would like to say a few words.

" Son Dongwoon, a lovely boy with a lovely name. He passed away sadly, during a surgery. He was a strong boy, a very strong boy. He was bullied by Minho, and Kyuhyun. It was overwhelming. It was a hard time, but we got through it. Dongwoon, you'll be missed, and Yoseobbie-hyung will always remember you. Your hyungs love you. " I said. We were trying to live life peacefully. There's never a day that goes by where I don't think about Dongwoon. I missed his smile, his laugh, his voice, but ultimately, I missed Dongwoon. Hyung loves you, you were never a trouble or a burden to me. Goodbye.