Chapter 8

Change of Plans

Minah saw the door knob turn and quickly screamed out, "STOP!" Her heavy breathing and cold sweat were obvious signs that she this was a mere reflex. She noticed the knob stop turning.

Jiyong's voice on the other side spoke to her, "Why? Are you changing?"

Her eyes traveled around the room, like she was traveling in her thoughts. "Y-yes," she stammered.

"Well, why didn't you say so sooner?" Jiyong shouted excitedly.

The door burst open and he came running in like a mad horse. "Show me the body!" He frowned upon seeing her in bed, fully dressed. Minah was taken aback, and enraged that he still came in.

"Y-you-" Minah stammered, unable to form a single word from her utter shock at his behavior.

"You ert! Byuntae! Get out! Get out!" Minah immediately began attacking him with everything she had. She took pillows and aimlessly threw them at his body. He staggered back towards the bathroom, trying to defend himself.

"H-hey! I wa only-umph" Minah impaled his stomach with a textbook. His body met the ground in an instant. He curled up into a ball and held his stomach, trying to catch his breath.

Finally realizing what she had done, Minah immediately ran over.

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry! Are you ok?" Minah tried to get a good look of his face, searching for signs if he was dying or not.

Jiyong looked up at her. He indistincitvely said something, almost in a whisper. Understanding that Jiyong had the wind knocked out of him, she leaned closer to try and listen to what he was saying.

"Closer," he urged her. She moved closer.

"This is really fun." he said in her ear. Minah was puzzled at first, but quickly caught on once he gave her a good kiss on the cheek.

"You!" Minah held her cheek and pointed angrily at him. "Ugh!" she groaned remarkably. "Get out!" she hit him with her fists repeatedly until he left. She locked the bathroom doors, and the door of her room. She could still hear his laugh through the doors from his room. She heaved heavily as she stomped back into her room and crashed into bed.

 

~~~

"Hey. Hey." Eunji poked her shoulder. Minah was resting her head buried in her crossed arms, leaning on the desk. It was lunchtime at school, and Eunji came from to vist her friend from another class.

"What?" Minah mumbled.

"You look so drained. What happened? Study too hard last night?"

"Something like that." Minah ambiguously answered.

"Are you hungry?" Eunji asked.

"No." Minah pouted, only to have her stomach grumble to reprimand her for lying. Eunji gave her a knowing look with a raise eyebrow. Minah tried to keep a straight face. "Alright, let's go eat."

Walking down the halls, Minah spotted Seunghyun talking his a few people. Seunghyun met her eyes and gave her a small wave. Minah nodded with a shy smile and did the same. Her smile faded the moment she saw who he was talking to. Jiyong saw her and sent her a kissy face. Minah angrily bit her lips snapped her head in the other direction. She sped faster down the hallway, dragging along Eunji.

"Hey what was that about?" Eunji asked her.

"Nothing." Minah bit angrily into her meatbun. Her long hair fell down into her face. She took her hand and swept it behind her ear. "Ugh, this hair is so annoying. I should cut it." Minah complained.

"No! Don't cut it. Here." Eunji handed over her hair tie. "You can borrow mine." Minah looked at her the hair tie and then back to her friend.

"Thanks but..." he saw the bright glittery strawberry on top. "I'll just deal with it. Thanks though." Eunji shrugged her shoulders and put the hair tie back in her pocket.

"Anyways~ How are you doing with Seunghyun? Hm?" she teasingy elbowed he friend. "When did you guys get all friendly?"

"It's nothing." Minah blushed. "We made eye contact, so he waved. He was being polite. That's all."

"Yeah, just shows how great of a guy he is doesn't it?" Eunji pretended to swoon, all the same teasing Minah. They shared a nice laugh together after playfully hitting each other on the back.

"Hey, Eunji?" Minah started slowly.

"Hm?"

"Do you ever get tired of me ditching you all the time?"

"Ditch? When do you ever ditch?'

"I don't know," Minah started, "Like when you invite me to go out after school with you, and I say I can't."

"Hey, that's not ditching. If you're busy, then you're busy." Eunji patted her friend on the back. "We can always hang out later. Plus, I get you all to myself during lunch." she tightly hugged her bestfriend and then scruffed her hair. "Speaking of which, I went to that cafe I told you about and I got a picture of the guy working there."

"No way! You talked to him!" Minah said in shock at her bold friend.

"Of course not! He was waiting the table next to me, but his name tag was big and clear."

Eunji took out her phone and showed her the picture.

"His name is In Guk. Ugh, doesn't that sound just wonderful?" Minah laughed at her friend. "The guy waiting my table wasn't too bad either. My phone died before I could get a shot of him though."

Minah elbowed her friend, "What a stalker~" she teased.

The school bell rang, ending their playful banter short. Minah sat down at her desk beside Seunghyun.

"Hi." he said to her first. Minah fell this sudden feeling rising up her chest.

"Hi." she said, trying to remain calm and hide a crazy smile bursting on her face.

"You look like you had a good lunch."

"Huh? Minah reacted, not sure what he meant. "I guess."

Seunghyun let out a small chuckle. "You've got some..." he pointed to his the corner of his lips. Minah blushed red from staring at his lips, and then realized what he was trying to say.

"Oh!" she cried out. She wiped tried to wipe the crumbs off the corners of . "There. Better?" she asked him.

"Almost." he laughed again. "Here let me get it." he stretched out his hand, and used his thumb to remove the remaining crumbs. Minah's breath went still, her face turning bright red from his touch. It was so nervewrecking she didn't know what to do to control herself. For what seemed like forever, he finally pull back.

"There." he smiled.

Minah nodded her head in thanks. At that moment, the teacher called out to the class and the lessons continued. If the teacher hadn't done so, she wouldn't have known what to do. Back at home, she recounted the events, and still found herself wildly blushing.


(3/21/14)

HAPPY FRIDAY! Just a cute quick chapter for you all! This chapter was so much fun to write! Be sure to leave comments on what you think should happen next! :D Until next time! <3

tumblr_mict886N1M1s472lyo1_500.gif

(not my gif)