Chapter 3

Change of Plans

Minah was running late to school the next day. She ran through the school's campus to get to her class, but being dazed and exhausted didn't help the situation either. She cursed to herself when she realized her books were still in her locker. Now her arms were filled with books, and paper-filled folders. She dashed through the hallways, dodged the people left and right to get through safely and quickly. On a sharp turn she crashed into a person and fell to the ground. He papers flew up in front of her eyes, like a flock of white  doves.

"I-I'm so sorry!" she immediately apologized as she quickly tried to gather all of her belongings before the bell rang.

"It's fine." the other person said calmly. The voice was familiar, but she didn't have time to bother with that.

"Oh no, where is it....I knew I grabbed it out of the locker..." she talked to herself as she looked at the pile in her arms.

"You mean this?" the voice said from behind. There was a man with black hair, about 5 and half feet or so, probably taller. Minah didn't really pay attention to detail since all her focus was on the book in his hand. She grabbed it from his hand and bowed as low as she could, despite the pile in her arms.

"What's the rush? You've still got-" he looked at his watch. "3 seconds left."

Her eyes widened as she heard the bell ring.

"Aish..." she bit her lip.

"It'll be fine."

He walked her to class, and even held some of her things for you. When the teacher saw Minah come in late, there was a stern look on his face, but it immediately disappeared when he walked in behind you.

"Jiyong, of course you're excused. You're so kind to help her with her things. Let me write you a note." the teacher praised him.

He bowed, and left the room, but not before giving you a wink.


"No sleep last night?" Minah's friend, Eunji, asked at lunch. Minah had dark bags under her eyes. She found it hard to fall asleep last night after tossing and turning constantly in bed. She dragged her body from the parking lot to class that morning, before she found out she was late that is. She was glad to have a nice nap in the car on the way to school. The distance from her new house and her home to school weren't that big of a difference, or maybe it was just faster to ride in a car than in a bus.

"Hey, you're going to tonight's talent show right? I heard our teacher is giving extra credit if we go~" Eunji persuaded. "I've already told Taeminnie I'd take him, so you have to come! I've already bought your tickets! Ta-da!" she surprised Minah with two tickets in her hands.

"Oh? You're planning on going to the talent show?" a deep voice asked from behind. Minah turned around to find Seunghyun with a surprised expression on his face.

"H-hi Seunghyun-sshi." Minah stuttered and blushed.

"I didn't think you were the type to go out very much. I thought all you did was study." he lightly joked.

Eunji stood behind her, and nudged her to say something else.

"You're right, I don't..." Minah responded quietly.

Eunji facepalmed herself, feeling frustrated from watching her. She gave her another nudge, but this time, harder.

"Uhm! But I really wanted to go see it!" Minah finally pushed words through.

"Then I guess I'll see you there." he replied, then politely excused himself to go sit down at his desk.

Eunji was so frustrated with her, she hit Minah several times on the shoulder.

"You're right, I don't?" she mocked her. "You've sat next to him for the past four years, and THIS is all you've got?"

"It's not easy you know!" she argued. "Talking to someone you like is hard okay..." she said quietly, "He probably thinks I'm weird for being so smart. I don't know. Maybe Yuri really does suit him better than I do." The rumors of Yuri chasing after Seunghyun, and hooking up finally got to her.

"Uh, hello? You guys are both part of Class A may I remind you. The smart ranked class. That Yuri from Class C WISHED she was you."

The bell rang to let the students get to their respectful classes.

"I'll see you after school alright? You are coming to see that talent show, and I am going to hook you up!" Eunji added before going off to class.


Minah sat in one of the red velvet chairs in her school's auditorium. She anticipated a good show, but since it was the school's talent show she wasn't expecting that much. The first couple acts were kind of bad, but she appreciated their efforts. It's not like she could go upstage in front of a crowd like that. No way. She glanced around to find where Seunghyun was sitting.

"Can we go home now? This ." your little brother Taemin whined.

"Ssshh. I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for extra credit. Besides, it's almost over." she quieted him down.

His face gave you a pout and slouched in his chair. "I'm gonna go to the restroom." he said as he sat up from his chair.

Eunji excitedly pulled on Minah's arm. "I see him! He's sitting up in front." Before you got a good look at him, the lights dimmed out then the  MC then announced, "We need someone from the crowd to come up for our next act! Look this guy's already out of his chair! Come on up!"

The the spotlight was focused on Taemin, oh brother. He looked around, confused as to why people were pushing him on stage. All the girlsin the crowd kept exclaiming how cute  he was since he was younger and FRESH. Those girls are weird like that, but she couldn't help but laugh at his confusion as they gave him a table to lay down on, and then tied him down.

"Everybody give G-Dragon a hand!" the MC welcomed him onstage. All the girls screamed in excited, she could have sworn she saw someone start crying from seeing his face. She decided these girls are really weird.

"G-Dragon oppa~!" Eunji screamed from her seat. "Saranghe~" Eunji was one of them.

Minah recognized him from the incident that morning. She marveled how different he was on stage. G-Dragon started moving about the stage with the microphone close to his lips as he rapped his song. Then, at the same time, he began to do his magic show. He had four helpers onstage as they put her brother in a box, and G-Dragon then proceeded to stick swords in the box. Everyone heard a scream come from the box. Minah nearly jumped out of her seat, but then the five on stage started to pull out all the swords. She let out a sigh of relief once Taemin jumped out of the box without any wounds or blood.

He ran off the stage and back to his seat next to Minah. Outside the auditorium after the show, she thoroughly check him to see if he was alright.

"You didn't feel anything? Why was there a scream?"

"The sword was THIS close this picking my nose!" he held up his finger to indicate the closeness.

"Well that's good." you pat his shoulder.

"Hey man, are you alright?" a voice from behind Minah asked.

"Yeah, I'm good. Congratulations on winning the talent show! You were the best!" Taemin said to him.

She turned around to see G-Dragon smiling and waving at her. She gave him a shy nod.

"Is this your girlfriend? Isn't she a bit old for you?"

"No! Eww! She's my sister!" Taemin exclaimed.

He leaned his face closer to yours and smiled. "I guess I should've called you on stage instead." She blushed, but awkwardly turned back to Taemin. Minah knew for sure that he recognized her.

"We have to go now before we miss our bus home." She decided to give the people at the new house a call and ask them to pick her up at her own home. She wanted Taemin to get home safely. Her brother disappointedly nodded. He wanted to stay and talk to G-Dragon some more.

"Hey, why don't I give you guys a ride home?" G-Dragon offered. "Where do you guys live?"

Taemin's face lit up and told his address, but she rejected his offer.

"No it's fine! I'm driving a friend home in that direction too."

"Yes! Thank you!" Taemin interjected and ran off towards the parking lot. "I call shot gun!"

"You know, your brother's really cute." he said to her as he walked by her side towards the car. She slightly nodded.

"Lots of people think so." she quietly added.

"You know you're kind of cute too." as he softly pet her head and slightly ruffled her hair.

When they arrived at the car, Taemin was already in the front seat, but she was surprised to see Seunghyun standing near the backseat.

"Yo T.O.P.~ How'd you like the show man?" G-Dragon talked to him casually.

"Not bad Jiyong. Coud've been better." he joked. He noticed Minah after G-Dragon hit his shoulder.

"Oh, Minah, you're here. I didn't see you." Minah lightly bowed.

"Hello Seunghyun-sshi." she tried to control her blush. She was glad to really have met him there that night; she thought it was going to happen.

"You guys know each other?" G-Dragon asked.

"Yeah, we're friends in the same class." Minah smiled when he said they were friends. "She's Choi Minah. You don't you recognize her? She has one of the top scores out of the entire school."  Seunghyun praised her.

"Really now? You're a genius aren't you." G-Dragon teased. "It must've been fate that brought us all together here tonight." she joked while placing his arm around both of their shoulders. After that, he threw the two in the back seat together and proceeded to drive everyone home. Minah kept trying to control her smile and blush the entire way home.


(11/5/12)

Yay! G-Dragon and TOP are finally here! Whoot whoot!