Chapter 3

Camera

 

"Aah! Finally I found you two!" I ran toward Dongwan and Junjin.
"Hi, Eric! Why do you want to meet us? Something happened with my Minwoo?" Dongwan asked me with a worried tone.
"What happen to Minwoo? Did he hurt himself again? Or was he involved in a fight? Tell me, tell me!" Dongwan asked again while shaking my body.
"Aah, Dongwan-ah.. Why you think that I just come to you to give a live report about your boyfriend?" I sighed and shook my head.

“Then what happen Eric hyung? Do we have a sudden practice later?” Junjin who joined basketball club asked him.

"Well, I just want to tell you that Hyesungie is sick. And he's at my apartment now," I added and smiled at them.
"What? Sungie is sick? That's why he was so quiet yesterday. Why is he at your house?" Dongwan asked.

“My mommy bird is sick? Why he didn’t tell me?” Junjin pouted. I can see that they look extremely worried about their best friend.
"Well, it rained heavily when we went home yesterday. When we waited, Hyesung looked so pale, so I took him to my house," I explained and they nodded. Suddenly Dongwan and Junjin hugged me and thanked me million times to me.

---

To: Hyesung
From: Minwoo

Good morning Syungie!
Ready for the second condition?

To: Hyesung
From: Minwoo

You brat! Give me back my camera!
You know that I can't live without it.

To: Hyesung
From: Minwoo

You liar! You are still breathing now, Sungie :)
Go to our club room after school, okay? ;)

To: Hyesung
From: Minwoo

I can't. I’m locked inside here.
Just tell me the details.

To: Hyesung
From: Minwoo

Locked? Where? Need some help?

To: Hyesung
From: Minwoo

No, I don’t need help. I don't trust you.
Just tell me NOW!
I need my camera.

To: Hyesung
From: Minwoo

Okay, I heard from Wannie that your voice is really great. You should help my band. Our vocalist is sick. So tonight, U cafe at eight. I'll tell Eric to pick you up.

To: Hyesung
From: Minwoo

To tell you the truth, I'm sick, too.

To: Hyesung
From: Minwoo

Ooh, Really?
Get well soon, Hyesungie.
See you! ^___^

Ooh great, he's didn’t believe me. 
Okay I think I should go. 
But wait...
Did he say that Eric would pick me up? 
So that's mean Eric in his band too?
I guess I just need to wait for Eric to come home.


---

"Eric-ah! Don't forget we perform tonight!" Minwoo said to me and sat beside me.
"Of course I won’t forget," I said and smiled to my best friend.
"Oh yeah, our vocalist is sick. And he’ll probably be out of the band because he needs to concentrate on studying," Minwoo said.
"Seriously? Then, who’ll be singing tonight?" I asked him. It's ridiculous perform without a singer.
"Relax, I got substitute. You remember Hyesungie? Wannie said that he has an angelic voice. So yeah, we'll perform with him. Besides, he doesn’t have that nickname for nothing," Minwoo explained.
"Bu- But, Hyesung is sick now." I said.
"How do you know that he's sick?" Minwoo asked curiously.
"Ooh crap…" I put my hand on my temple. And Minwoo glared at me.

"Okay, stop looking at me like that! He's in my apartment now." I finally said to him.
"How come?" He asked and smirked.

"Okay, I won't ask. That's your business anyway. But as your friend I just want to say don't you ever dare to him. It's a crime and he's my boyfriend's best friend," he said and I raised my eyebrows.
"What? What did you say? ? Aish.. Watch your mouth, brat!" I stood up and hit his head.
"Ouuch! That hurt! I just reminding you," he squealed.

"And don't forget to bring Hyesungie to the cafe!" he said and I just nodded.

---

Finally school time is over. Now I need to go home quickly. Hyesung must be bored to death in my apartment.
 

"Hyung, you didn't bring your motorcycle?" Andy approached me as return the book he borrow from me.
"No, I didn’t," I answered him quickly while putting my things in bag.
"Need a ride? You're in a hurry, right?" Andy asked and I nodded furiously and smiled.
"How about Junjin? I thought you two always go home together" I asked him back.
"Aah, Jinnie hyung? It's okay, he's with Dongwan hyung and they got something to do" he explained.
"Thanks a lot, Andy-yah!" I hugged him and dragged him to the parking lot.

---

I hear someone opened the door slowly and enter to the room. It must be Eric.

"Hi, Hyesung!" he greeted me.
"Aah, finally you're home!" I looked up.
"How are you?" he asked and approached me.
"Much better I think," I answered shortly and continued reading the book in my hands.
Eric sat beside me on the bed and closed the distance between us. He placed his forehead on my forehead. I froze when he did so.
"Great! Your fever is gone, Sungie!!" he said happily and smiled widely until I could see his two dimples on his cheek.
"Ah, really? Thank you by the way," I answered shyly and bowed my head to hide my flushed face.


I just wondering, does he like me like I like him?
How could he do something like that?
I mean, we just began to know each other.
If he didn't, why was it so easy for him to do that?
Should I ask him?


"Eric..." I called him
"Yes, Hyesungie, you need something?" He asked and smiled.

 
Aah damn! Why does he always smile like that? It made me speechless.


"No.. I wa- want to ask you... something..." 


Great, why am I so nervous like this?
 

"Go ahead," he answered and sat beside me.
I felt more nervous when he sat beside me and looked straight into my eyes.
"What do you think about- ah no... Do you really have a band? Since when?" 


What? What did I just say? Why did I twist the question?


"Aah, band. We made it in from Junior High. But our vocalist is sick and we have to perform tonight..." Before Eric finished, I cut him.
"Yeah and Minbong asked me to sing for tonight," I said.
"But you're sick now. So you shouldn’t. I'll tell Minwoo to find another person to fill it," he said. I can see worry in his eyes. And I smiled.

"No, it's okay. I'm fine now".
"Really?" he asked me uncertainly.
"I'm perfectly fine," I said.
"Thanks a lot, Hyesungiiiiee! I love you!!!" Eric said and hugged me tightly. 

 

He said that he loves me? Did he mean it?

And I blushed. Again.


"Aaah.. I'm sorry Hyesungie. I am too happy," he said when he realized what he said earlier.
"Uhh.. No.. It's okay," I replied shyly.

"So, what should I wear for tonight?" I asked him.
"Just wear something casual like jeans and a polo shirt," Eric suggested.
"Okay, then I should go home now since I need to change my clothes," I said and put my things in my backpack.
"Want some company?" Eric asked and I shook my head.
"No thanks. I can go home alone. Besides, you'll pick me up, right?" I winked and Eric nodded.
"See you, Hyesungie!"
"See you, Eric!"

---

How smart you are Eric!
You don't have his number.
How could you pick up him when you don't even know where he lives?
And now it’s almost seven and you’re not even ready yet.


*Knock knock knock*

Great, who the hell visiting me now?


I got up and went to the door.
There stood up Hyesung with a black polo shirt and tight white jeans. Not too tight, but it was breathtaking for me. He looks so flawless and beautiful.

"Eric? Eric?" Hyesung waved his small hand in front of my eyes
"Aah, yes" I blinked twice to get back my consciousness. 
"May I come in? It's kind of cold out here," he said and put his hand in his pocket.
"Ahh, yes, yes! I'm sorry... Have a seat!" I said and dragged Hyesung in.

"I thought I will pick you up Hyesung-ah," I said.
"But you don't know where my house is." He smiled.

"By the way, why haven't you gotten dressed? It’s almost seven. Didn't you say that we perform at eight?" he added.
"Aah! I almost forgot. Wait here” I ran to my room and got dressed. I picked a white polo shirt and black jeans. Since we will be riding the motorcycle, I took two jackets from my draw. One for me and one for Hyesung.
"I'm ready, Hyesung-ah! Let's go!" I said while handing him a jacket.

"We're going to ride the motorcycle. And you said that it's so cold outside. So..." I said.
"Okay, thank you, Eric," he said while wearing the jacket. I giggled when he put it on. He looks so small in that jacket. He looks so cute in it.
"Ahh, Hyesung-ah, I'm sorry. That one is for me. Here is the smaller one," I said and handed him the smaller one. Hyesung smiled shyly and put on the smaller jacket.

---

I clutched my hand on jacket. 
What should I do? 
I’m scared to ride it.


"What happened, hyesungie? You look so pale," Eric asked me and I just shook my head.
"Maybe you shouldn't come. Okay, I'll tell Minwoo that you’re still sick," he said and took out his cell phone.
"It's not that. I mean... I'm... I'm scared to ride your motorcycle," I said and bowed my head, embarrassed with the fact I’m afraid riding motorcycle.
"It's not that scary, hyesung-ah. Okay, you have to hold onto me," Eric said.
"Is that okay?" I asked and he nodded.
"Yup, sure. Now get on, hyung!" he said.
I clutched Eric's jacket in my hand.
"What are you doing? Didn't I say that you have to hold on me?" he asked and circled my hand around his waist. "You can rest your head on my back and close your eyes," he said and rested my head on his back. And I closed my eyes.


"Hyesung-ah we arrived. You can open your eyes now," he said and I opened my eyes.
"So we're performing in this cafe?" I asked and Eric nodded. The cafe looks so cozy and neat. And then we entered the cafe. There we found Minwoo and Andy sitting and drinking their coffee.



"You look like a couple you know!" Andy said and got smacked by Eric. And I glared at both of them.
"He's right, Hyesungie... What a cute couple, you two! And you even dressed like a couple! Dongwan and I should try it someday," Minwoo teased us. Eric and I both sighed.
"Look! Even you sigh at the same time!" Andy joined tease us.
"So, what song do I need to sing?" I asked to changed the topic.
"Don't say that Eric haven’t tell you!" Minwoo said.
"OMG! I forgot to tell you. I'm sorry, hye-"
"Well, it's okay, Eric-ah. Just tell me now," I said.
"What the heck, Andy-yah! That hyung of yours never talks to me like that. He always talks to me harshly," I heard Minwoo whispered to Andy. 
"Yeah, he never talks to me gently like he does with Eric hyung," Andy replied.
"Hello! I can hear you two!" I said and I can see Eric giggled.

"Well, we'll perform It’s You then Hello and Goodbye," Minwoo said.

"I thought we'd perform a hard song," I said.
"Well, look at this cafe. It’s so cozy and quite so we can't perform a rock one," Eric answered
"Waait.. It’s You? So, that's mean I'll sing a duet? With?" I asked curiously.
"Do you know Lyn? She'll do it," Eric answered.
"I'm sorry I'm late," a girl bowed and smiled.
"Where is Jihoon?" she asked.
"He's sick. So Hyesung hyung will sing," Andy answered.
"Aaaa! Hyesung oppa! I didn’t know that you could sing, too!" Lyn squealed and I covered my ears.
I know who she is; she's one of my fan girls. I sighed, still can't believe that I'll sing the duet with her. She's kind, but she always stalked me with many of her friends.

"Where did you find that girl?" I whispered to Andy.
"You mean Lyn?" he whispered back, now his voice so small so she won't hear anything. I nodded.

"She has a great voice," he said.
"But she always stalks me," I protested.
"Really?" And I nodded again.

"Well, don’t worry. It's fine " he calmed me down.
"Okay.. I'll try." I sighed and Andy patted my back.
"Good luck, hyung" he said.

---

“Everyone in place?” Eric asked. All of us nodded.
“Okay, we start now... one two three...” Eric commanded. The music begins. Lyn and I started to sing. Andy were right, Lyn really has a nice voice. Her voice and mine blended beautifully.

---

“Now they will sing the second song. Hello and Goodbye Please give applause for them ” The MC said. And the music played, the song started with Lyn’s hum and Eric’s rap. This is the first time I heard Eric’s rap and he’s so cool.

 

I can see the audience enjoying the song. I smiled and keep singing. But suddenly I feel throbbing in my head and my surrounding is circling all around. I hate it. I hate the feel like I'm going faint or something. I took a deep breath in the middle. I shouldn’t faint now. Not now. Not on the stage. I tried to bear it for a few seconds but my body betrayed my brain. My vision became blurry then my sight blackened.

 

The music stopped and everyone shouted panicky. Eric run to Hyesung and lift him in bridal style.

“Andy! Open the back door NOW!” Eric yelled. Andy run to the door and opened it.

“Minwoo, you can handle it, right? Say sorry to the audience” Eric said quickly to Minwoo and Minwoo nodded.


---