Chapter 1

Camera

 

Today is like any other boring day–go to school and study. As usual, I'm not paying any attention to the class. I always enjoying looking outside of the windows rather than listening to something I already know. When the bell rang, I always left the class first, but this time, Mr. Song stopped me.

"Shin Hyesung, I know you’re a genius and always get perfect scores on every subject but at least can you pay attention to the class. Why are you always spacing out? Do you have any problems?" Mr. Song, my homeroom teacher asked me.
"No, I don’t have any problems. I'm sorry, but I need to do something, sir. Excuse me, if you don't mind," I said to him as polite as possible.
"This kid…Okay, just don't do that again," he said and I bowed then left the class.

I sat where the supporters sit, watching the basketball club practice. I wiped the dust on my camera lens away and started to take some picture of my secret crush. Moon Eric. I like him but I don’t have any guts to confess to him. I know he would reject me since we both are boys.

"Hey, Shin Hyesung, you took a picture of him secretly again?" Dongwan, my best friend asked.
"Don't just take the picture! Tell him that you love him," Junjin said. He's my best friend too.
"Uuh, what are you two talking about?" I said and they glared at me.

"Okay, it is impossible. First, I've never spoken with him. Second, Does he even know I exist? And the most importantly, we’re both boys," I said sadly.
"Come on. Nothing’s impossible, Sungie. And so what if both of you are boys? Look at me. I have boyfriend. And it isn’t something strange," Dongwan said.
"Just talk to him, Hyesungie hyung. You’re quite popular, too. He must know you," Junjin added.
"He's not quite popular. He is really popular. Can't you see, Jin? Every time he walks by, the girls are going crazy," Dongwan said.
"Don't exaggerate," I said.
"But I am telling the truth," Dongwan pouted, and Junjin and I started laughing.

"Hyesung, Junjin and I want to go to the basketball club room. I wanna see Minwoo. You want to come with us?" Dongwan asked and I shook my head.
"I need to go home," I said.
"But the parking lot and the club room is in the same direction. Why don't we go together?" Junjin suggested and pulled my hand.

"We’ll go in now. Bye, Hyung!" Junjin said. I saw Eric there. I got ready to take a picture again. Without me realizing, someone shouted.

"ERT!" I was startled.

"YEAH, YOU, SHIN HYESUNG! Why are you taking our picture when we changing?!?!" Andy shouted.
"HEY IT’S HYUNG FOR YOU AND I AM NOT A ERT! uuh…I...I was–"
"He was taking my picture. I asked him to take it, Andy-yah. Please don't mad at him," Junjin said to Andy. Andy nodded and smiled at him.
"No, I don’t believe you," Minwoo said while taking my camera. He looked at the pictures that I took.

"I'm sorry, Hyesungie, but your camera is under arrest," he smirked.
"No! It can't be!" I shouted.
"Can be or I will tell the entire school that Shin Hyesung, the genius, has a weird ," Minwoo threatened me.
"But you can't! I need that ca..." Before I finished, someone grabbed my hand, pulling me out from the room.

-----


"Hyesung-ssi, I know you don't know me, but I suggest you don’t go against Minwoo. You know how sneaky he is," Eric said right after we out from the room. I blushed then looked down to my hand. He looked to where my eyes see and he realized it.

"Uhh, I am sorry. By the way, my name is Eric," Eric said.
"I know you. Uhh...Emm…Maybe you’re the one who doesn't know me. My name is Shin Hyesung," I said and he laughed.
"You know me? That’s great! Of course I know you, Hyesung-ssi. You’re popular and the most genius student in school. How could I not know you?" Eric said and I smiled.

"But I didn't know that you have a weird ," he added.
"I do not!" I pouted and he pinched my cheek, causing me to blush.
"You know, Hyesung-ssi, you are cute when you blushing," Eric teased and I lowered my head.

"And I'll find a way to get your camera back. Okay? I need to go back. See you later!" He patted my back and ran back to the room.
 

"Minwoo hyuuung! Don't be so mean to my mommy bird!" Junjin said to Minwoo. Minwoo just smirks.

"Hyuuuung!" Junjin whined.
"Jinnie, I just want to help your mommy bird. I can see from this, he likes Eric. Am I right?" Minwoo asked and Dongwan who only watch the conversation from behind nodded.
"Then, what are you going to do about it bongie?" Dongwan asked.
"MINBONG!" Eric shouted and ran to Minwoo.
"What?" Minwoo asked.
"Can you return Hyesung's camera?" Eric asked.
"No, I won't. He must clean this room every Tuesday," Minwoo said.
"It can't be. Besides, Tuesday is our turn to clean this room," Eric said.
"That's the point, Eric!" Minwoo smirked.
"You’re evil, Minwoo" Eric said. Minwoo laughed.

"I'll help him every Tuesday," Eric added.
"It's up to you. I'll tell Hyesung now," Minwoo said and typed a text to Hyesung. Dongwan just smiled with what his lover had done.



----



"WHAT?" I shouted when I read a text from Minwoo.

To: Hyesung
From: Minwoo

Good afternoon, Syungie. You want your camera back? I have some conditions. First, every Tuesday you must clean our clubroom. I will tell you the other condition next time :)

To: Hyesung
From: Minwoo

NO WAY! I DON'T WANT TO! I AM NOT YOUR SLAVE!!!!

To: Hyesung
From: Minwoo

Okay, be ready Sungie. I will tell ENTIRE SCHOOL that the genius, Shin Hyesung, has a weird :)

To: Hyesung
From: Minwoo

How you tell the entire school? I think no one will believe you. And don't give me your smile emoticon while you smirk when typing this -_-

To: Hyesung
From: Minwoo

You know my friend Moon Heejun? He's a popular announcer of the school radio. Everyone will believe whatever he says. Hahaha, you know me so well Sungie. :)

To: Hyesung
From: Minwoo

Geez! Okay, I will do whatever you want, you sneaky bastard!

To: Hyesung
From: Minwoo

I knew it. Besides, you know I do this for you and you will thank me after it’s all over. See you tomorrow! :*

What is that? He did this for me? Is he kidding me? Why I have to thanking him? He’s making me do chores. 

Tuesday? So it’s tomorrow? Arrgh. If he weren’t Dongwan's boyfriend, I would kill him for sure. And what's with that kiss emoticon? Aaargh!


----


The next day

"Hyesungie hyung, If only Andy didn't see that, your camera..." Junjin said
“No jinnie, it’s not Andy’s fault. It’s Minwoo’s” Hyesung said and glared to Dongwan.

“ARRRGH, wannie…Why is your boyfriend so evil? How come you love him?! He’s making me do CHORES!” I grumbled.
“Sorry, Hyesungie…We’ll make it up to you! How about we buy you your favorite ice cream?” Dongwan pleaded.
“Okay. Buy me the most expensive one, then I’ll forgive you two,” I smiled then the two pouted.

I knocked the door. I don’t want Minwoo spreading bad rumors about me, so I’ll do what he wants.

“Ahh, you’ve come, Hyesung-ah!” Minwoo approached me then hugged me
“Don’t hug me!” I struggled to release the hug.
“Yeah, okay! The broom and the mop are over there. Good luck Sungie!” Minwoo said and left the room. Now, I am alone here. I take the broom and start to sweep the room. Ugh…I never thought that the basketball room was so dirty. Socks and underwear scattered everywhere. I take it all and put it in laundry basket.
“Hyesung-ssi, you’re here? I thought you wouldn’t come,” Eric said and that surprised me.
“Wha-what are you doing here?” I asked him tried to be calm as possible.
“Actually, today is mine and Minwoo’s turn to clean the room,” Eric said and smiled. I swear I could die because of his flashy smile.
”Oh, I see. That’s why he wanted me to do it on Tuesday,” I grumbled and Eric laughed.

Eh, wait…So, Eric and I will be cleaning this room together every Tuesday?