Chapter 2

Entice

 

"Good looking ?” Seohyun asked in confusion not knowing who Victoria was talking about.

“…him…you…him…fiancé,” Victoria still pointing her finger at Changmin. She looked from Changmin to Seohyun then back to him. She couldn’t believe it! Out of all the damn people in this world why Seohyun’s fiancé was the same jerk face she met the other day, why?

Seohyun was still unsure of what Victoria was talking about, “you’re acting strange.”

“Is he your fiancé?” Victoria stomped over pointing her finger only a few inches away from Changmin’s face.

Before Seohyun could reply, Changmin pushed Victoria’s fingers away “didn’t your parents teach you to be respectful of your elders?” Changmin still couldn’t recognize who this girl was, but he knew she needed to be taught a lesson in mannerism.

Victoria scoffed, “don’t talk to me you .” Victoria pulled on Seohyun’s arm, “don’t tell me this is your fiancé. Unnie, are you crazy?”

Seohyun looked from Changmin to Victoria, “why am I crazy? He’s my fiancé, Changmin Shim. Changmin, this is my little sister Victoria Song. She normally isn’t like this.”

Upon hearing Seohyun’s answer Victoria shouted “no.”

“No?” Seohyun was confused by Victoria’s reaction.

“No.”

“No, what?”

“No, no, no. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I won’t accept this. I’m never accepting this marriage” Victoria shook her head as she yelled. She didn’t understand why Seohyun had chosen this douche bag over Kyu oppa. Kyuhyun was a hundred times, no, a thousand times better than this guy. “Why, unnie, why? What does he have that Ky………” Victoria stopped herself from saying Kyu’s name, “what does he have that other’s don’t?”

Changmin eyed Victoria as she spoke. After staring at her for a few more seconds, something clicked in his head. He had finally realized who she was. She was that persistent brat from the airport. God, why did it have to be her? He thought, dealing with Seohyun will be easy, but this annoying brat might be hard to deal with if he wants a loose marriage. He and Victoria didn’t have a first good meeting, but even so he has already agreed to marry Seohyun so he can’t back down now, especially since he even got his parents approval. He will just have to deal with Seohyun’s sister slowly. Holding his hand out he used his best lady killer smile. He hoped it’ll earn him some brownie points since she did say he’s good looking. “I’m Seohyun’s fiancé, Changmin Shim, nice to meet you.”

Victoria glared at Changmin for a few seconds before slapping his hand away from her. “Don’t act all nice and polite now. I already know your true self.  And besides that, your fake smile is disgusting.” Victoria wanted to go and beat him up for picking on that little kid the other day and for being Seohyun’s fiancé, but she knows she can’t. Looking at him, she felt frustrated knowing he might be one of the hardest obstacle she’ll have to deal with in-order to get Seohyun and Kyuhyun back together aside from Seohyun, herself. Victoria placed her hands on Changmin’s cheeks and squeezed them together “this is only an illusion unnie, only an illusion. Don’t be fooled by his good looks” Taking advantage of the situation she slapped Changmin several times on his cheeks, “this face might look pretty on the outside, but inside it’s all rotten! Don’t marry someone like him, unnie.”

Changmin was holding in his anger for the sake of his parent’s inheritance. He couldn’t back out of this marriage now that he has already told his parents about the engagement announcement date. Grabbing Victoria’s hands on his face, he was about to pull it away and say something, but Seohyun spoke before he had a chance to.

“What’s wrong with you” Seohyun muttered, grabbing Victoria from Changmin’s hands and pulling her away from Changmin. “Why are you saying those things and hitting him?” Seohyun looked over at Changmin and bowed her head apologetically, “I’m really sorry. I don’t know what’s gotten into her.”

“How can you even think about marriage with this jerk” Victoria hissed through her teeth. Her eyes were still fixed on Changmin. She wanted to rip him to pieces. She should have hit him harder, she thought.

“You don’t know him” Seohyun said defensively, “how can you call him a jerk? He’s actually really nice. Whatever happened to being open minded like you promised?”

“I don’t know him? You don’t know him!” Victoria yelled. “Do you know…”  Victoria was too mad to even finish her sentence. Seohyun is so blind in choosing this guy. If Seohyun were to choose someone, I thought, he’d be at least he’d be as good as Kyu oppa, but this guy was nothing compared to Kyu oppa.

“Ah. The princess is back and causing trouble again” Kyuhyun appeared behind Minho, smiling as he made eye contact with Victoria.

“You…” Victoria pointed at Kyuhyun.

“Is that how you greet an old friend?” Kyuhyun jokingly pouted.

“Why are you pointing your finger at everyone today, it’s so out of your character to be this rude,” Minho nudged Victoria’s arm, “why are you calling Kyuhyun, you, huh?”

“Because you guys are all insane and driving me insane,” Victoria yelled. She walked over to where Kyuhyun was standing and grabbed his arm and dragged him away, “you, come with me. We have something to settle.” It was easier to talk to and ask Kyuhyun questions than it was with Seohyun. Kyuhyun was an open book that Victoria would spend hours studying. Seohyun on the other hand would always avoid questions that she doesn’t want to hear and tends to lie whenever she can’t avoid the question any longer, whereas Kyu oppa would never lie.

Everyone was driving her insane. How can Seohyun pick that Changmin guy over Kyuhyun? How come Kyuhyun oppa didn’t seem to care that Seohyun was getting engaged and even going to a place where both Seohyun and her fiancé would be without feeling uncomfortable. Everyone seems like strangers to her. She wanted everything back to normal. Back to the way things once were. Like how it use to be, but at this rate what is normal if they keep on surprising her with new things. First the fiancé news, than the engagement party news and now finding out that, that airport jerk is her fiancé is just like icing on top on this messed up situation.

Pulling Kyuhyun into the library Victoria closed the door behind them. She turned and stared into his eyes intensely. Getting a good look at him, she realized how much he has changed over the years. How skinny he has gotten and the sparks from his eyes were gone. She could sense sadness behind them, like when Seohyun had rejected him that one time. The man standing infront of her right now was the man she had once loved. He was the one she had once sworn to give her everything to. He was the one who had stolen and broken her heart in an instant without even realizing he did. Pulling her glaze away from his, she sighed and looked at the ground, “where did it all go wrong, oppa? Why didn’t you guys get together after I left? Was I to blame for all this?”

Kyuhyun walked over to where Victoria was standing and patted her head, “why are you blaming yourself for the past? It’s not your fault how things ended or started with me and Seohyun. She and I just weren’t meant to be. The past is the past for a reason and is meant for us to always look forward, not backward.”

“I can’t, oppa. I…” Victoria felt a lump in , but she knew she had to tell him eventually. She had to tell him this so that he could understand. So that he could fix this misunderstanding “I had once loved you, oppa.” Victoria looked up to see Kyuhyun’s reaction.

He smiled at her. The smile that had once melted her now looked so insincere, “you were always such a kidder…”

Interrupting him, Victoria turned and grabbed his face in her hands “I meant it….when I said I…love you…” She pulled her hands away from him as she saw a confused expression on his face, “…once, long ago. The younger me was head over heels in love with you, but you were in love with Seo unnie.  Over time I understood that and wanted you guys to be happy together, but I guess my jealousy got the best of me. I couldn’t hide my feelings anymore and got caught by Seo unnie when she found out I wanted to go to America because I couldn’t get over you fast enough. The only option I had at that time was to go to America in order to escape from looking at you guys being happy together without feeling pain. She broke up with you because of me, oppa. It’s my fault can’t you see?”

Looking away from him Victoria looked up at the ceiling in the room. She didn’t want to cry infront of Kyu. She was never one for tears, but how can she not want to cry. The two people she cares for are also the two whose happiness she destroyed. She took their happiness away with her selfishness. Her sister is getting married to someone she doesn’t love let alone know, while Kyu oppa is watching from a distant not doing a thing about it. They both love each other, I can see it, but none of them were willing to do a damn thing about it. Why, she asked herself. All these years, I had wanted to find someone who would love me like the way Kyuhyun oppa loves Seohyun unnie, but I couldn’t find it yet because a part of me still couldn’t get over him. He was everything and more and even if I couldn’t have him, all I ever wanted was to see him happy even if it wasn’t with me and yet... Victoria couldn’t continue processing the thought in her mind anymore because they were causing tears to escape from her eyes.

Kyu wrapped his arms around Victoria, “it’s not your fault. It just wasn’t meant to be from the start.”

“Why didn’t you go after her after all these years? I could see that you still love her…” Victoria whispered as she wiped the tears from her eyes not wanting Kyuhyun to notice.

“What do you want me to do, huh? Run after her telling her that I still love her when she doesn’t love me? Tell her that I still needed her when she told me to get out of her life? I felt too much of a betrayal that time to do that. I felt like she had lied and used me that time and I just couldn’t bring myself to go back to her just to get hurt like that all over again. So I did what I knew best and that was to move on and run away from the situation.”

“But you know she was lying that time…didn’t you?” Looking up at Kyuhyun I could see the pain in his eyes talking about unnie. “I never knew you were so weak, oppa. Is your love just to that point for unnie? If not than you should have just gone after her even if it means rejection. You loved her for so long and with one misunderstanding it’s all over? You should have chased her and make her yours again even if it means chasing her to the ends of the earth.”

Kyuhyun held Victoria tighter wanting to keep her by him. Maybe it was because he felt lonely all these years with her been gone, but he wanted to hug her tighter. He missed having her around. He missed her listening to his problems and her encouragement. She was always pushing him to move forward. After Victoria left to America he didn’t really have anyone to talk to about Seohyun or anything, but now it’s different. He doesn’t have to hide his pain or hide anything because Victoria would always be here to listen to him and cheering him on. “But it’s already too late to do that now. She’s engaged already anyways.”

Pushing him away Victoria grabbed his hands in hers. “It’s not too late, oppa. It’s never too late as long as she hasn’t said her vows. I’ll help you get Seo unnie back. I’ll try and fix everything just you wait and see. I’ll come up with a plan, but you have to help me, okay?”

“…I don’t know…” Kyuhyun hesitated. “After you left we weren’t the same anymore. We always tried avoiding each other whenever possible and if we were in the same room we would just ignore each other. Through the years we both moved on and dated many people….”

Victoria was frustrated with Kyu oppa for the excuses he’s making. It made her mad “stop making excuses. If you love someone enough you should try your best to win that person over even if it means you have 1% chance of succeeding. Even if you lost, at least you know you had put your life on the line for someone you love instead of sitting there waiting on the sideline.” Victoria sigh as the images of her old self ran through her mind, “I was once that person. I stood at the sideline watching you through happy times, through sad times, through it all. If the other person was anyone other than my sister, I would have chased after you, but since it was her I couldn’t. You have the chance to do it and yet you are making an excuse. Stop being such a pansy. You are making me regret ever falling for you. I didn’t fall for someone so weak. Whatever happened to the Kyuhyun who would love Seohyun so much he was willing to do anything for her? Whatever happened to the Kyuhyun, who would keep on trying even if he’s rejected? Where did he go?”

Kyuhyun laughed. He knew Victoria was right. Even through the years he still loves Seo. It wasn’t the breaking up that had hurt him the most that time, but it was the way she had told him to get out that had hurt the most. He could tell that she didn’t simply mean get out of the house. It was Seo’s way of saying get out of her life. He knew and he did as he was told instead of follow his heart. He wanted an easy way out of this situation by never clearing up this misunderstanding or confronting Seohyun, but seeing how brave Victoria is even when she had once loved him made him feel like he has gain some courage from her. “How can you still act this way towards someone you love? Isn’t it hard to see me again?”

“You mean LOVED, it’s all in the past now.” Victoria smiled at Kyuhyun. His laughter was what made her the happiest. She hasn’t heard it in so long. “It’s not hard seeing you again because I always wanted to see you and Seo happy together. After living in the states, I realized that even if we dated, you and I would never be a great couple like you and her are together. There are things you realize more after the love is over and this was one of them.”

“Since when have you become since a relationship expert? How many boys were you dating in states to know so much, huh?” Kyuhyun tickled Victoria.

“Hahah…Oppa…haha! Stop it….haha….I’m not 10 anymore…stop!” Victoria tried pushing Kyuhyun away, but he was strong. She needed to stop him. She had no other choice, but to kick him.

Kyuhyun yelp made Victoria laugh. He might look strong, but he would act like a girl when he got hit. Kyuhyun seeing Victoria laugh made him laugh too. Just then Seohyun opened the door to see them giggling with each other.

“Sorry to interrupt, but everyone’s waiting for you guys to eat dinner.”

Uh-oh, Victoria thought as she looked at Kyuhyun. Not wanting Seo to get the wrong idea Victoria got up and grabbed Seo’s arm, “unnie it’s not what you think…”

Before Victoria could finish her sentence, Seohyun chimed in “I didn’t ask. Let’s go, everyone’s waiting.”

Victoria was about to talk again, but Kyuhyun gave her a look that told her not to push her luck with Seohyun. It was true that Seo unnie wasn’t the understanding type when it came to words. No matter what Victoria nor Kyu oppa say, Seo unnie would never listen. I have to figure out a way to let Seo unnie and Kyu oppa spend more time together, while keeping her blood fiancé away, Victoria thought. I’ll need to come up with a plan. I only have 4 weeks to make Seohyun realize her feelings.

============

Sitting next to Kyu oppa and Minho oppa, I was staring at the gross scene from across the table. Seo unnie was turning up her lovey dovey affection to a meter of 9000+, it was sickening to watch. At least the ‘blood fiancé’ doesn’t seem thrilled with the affection he’s receiving. Speaking of the groom, how come he’s so indifferent with unnie? It’s like he doesn’t even like her much. I have to take a look into his background.

“So unnie how did that bastard proposed to you?” I asked, stabbing the potato on my plate vigorously imagining it was his head.

“Why can’t you call him Changmin oppa or something? Why do you keep calling him names? He has a name you know” Seo unnie sounding irritated as she spoke to me. Ahhh, I bet she’s frustrated at the scene from before with me and Kyu oppa. This could play well into my future plan.

“Fine. CHANGMIN person, how did you propose to my sister?”

“I think your family spoils you too much letting you call your elders rude names” Changmin spoke as he stared at me from across the table. I can’t read his facial expressions just yet, but I can tell he is annoyed by my presences. Good. I want to annoy him so he’ll break up with unnie. I can’t just outright tell unnie to do it she’ll be suspicious of what I’m up to.

“What’s wrong with being spoiled? It seems your parents had done the same for you. You go around thinking you are superior to other, even if the other person is a child yet you still want to have the upper hand. Isn’t that right, CHANGMIN OPPA?”

“Victoria!” Seohyun glared at me. I was happy to see that my words had affected Changmin. He was now glaring at me as if he’s about to eat me alive. Just what I want, make me your enemy Changmin. You can’t be with unnie if you hate me.

“So unnie how did Changmin oppa propose to you?” I still wanted to press on the question if it means she’ll stop feeding him infront of my face, I’ll ask anything.

After a few seconds of silence it was Changmin who answered. “We had dinner and I handed her the ring and she accepted it.” My eyes widen in horror at the thought of him throwing her a box and saying ‘here take it.’

“Unnie! You just took it like that?” Seohyun nodded her head shyly. Probably embarrassed. I’d be too if that’s how I got proposed to.

“Minho oppa, can you switch seats with Seo unni really quickly?”

“Why?” Minho raised his eyebrows. He’s probably curious as to my weird demand.

“Please, just for a few minutes.” Even though he was reluctant at first he eventually agreed and switched with unnie.

“I don’t know what game you are playing, but you are getting weirder and weirder each day. Has going aboard turned you into some weirdo?”

I shrugged my shoulders. I know I’m acting odd and unlike myself, but how can I act normal when I have a mission. Turning towards unnie, I hated doing this, but it was the only choice. I have to show Changmin who has the upper hand in this situation. Who he’ll have to deal with once he marries Seo unnie. “Unnie” I used my cutest aegyo on her, “Victoria wants to see how you got proposed to. Victoria wasn’t here to see it the first time, but Victoria is here now so show Victoria.”

Seohyun’s eyes light up as she saw how cute I was, “OMGGGGGGGG…of course I will. I’ll do anything for my Victoria.” Win! I screamed inside. Seohyun’s sister complex never changes. She loves when I do aegyos and act all cute towards her. It made me sick since I’m no longer 10 years old and still having to act all cute and adorable, but it worked and that’s what I needed.

Seohyun hugged me and looked over to Changmin, “she wants to see how you proposed can you just do it again?”

Changmin sigh and nodded. “Fine.”

Seohyun took the ring from her fingers and handed it over to Changmin. Changmin’s expression was indifferent when he proposed, “we should get married. Here’s the ring.” He handed it over to Seo. Seo took the ring and smiled, “thank you.”

Grabbing the ring from Seo’s hand instantly, I flung it across the table. “REDO”

“What?” Seohyun and Changmin asked, in confusion. I could see Kyu oppa in the corner of my eyes he was enjoying my childish behavior show I was putting on because he was holding back his laughter. Sorry unnie, I looked at her apologetically. It’s the only way to make this bastard scared to join our family.

“I want a redo. It wasn’t romantic to my ears” I said, looking at Changmin who’s holding in his anger. I then looked over at Seo unnie and turned my aegyo back on, “can’t you do it romantically unnie? Victoria always wanted to see a prince propose to a princess. Do it for Victoria to see unnie?” I whined. God did I tell you I feel sick having done aegyos at age 25?

“Yes you can” Seohyun kissed my forehead, making me squirm. I haven’t had a kiss on my forehead since I was like 15 and it was because, it was Seo’s birthday wish. This women has a sister complex like no other. “Changmin, could you just do this as a favor to me, please?”

Changmin kept calm and smiled, his mouth was pressed in a hard line “sure,” he muttered.

Standing up, Seohyun stood next to Changmin who was now kneeling on the floor, “Seohyun, will you marry me?” Just as Seohyun was grabbing the ring, Victoria grabbed it again.

“REDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO” Victoria shouted. “I want a redo.”

“What is it this time,” Changmin sounding like he’s fed up with my behavior.

I flashed him a wicked smile. Yeah punk, know who has the upper hand now. This is pay back for that little girl. Looking at Seohyun, Victoria pouted, “Unnieeeeeeeee. Victoria isn’t satisfied with this. Can’t Changminnie oppa do it like how the prince does it?”

Seohyun looked at Changmin apologetically and held up one finger, “once more, please? I’m so sorry, just once more.”

Changmin still holding in his anger forced a smile “rain check for next time? I have to go now I have something important to take care of.”

“You should keep the ring until next time then, too” I muttered, not wanting Seohyun to hear. I smiled at him as I said those words. Making sure he was staring at me, I mouthed to him then stuck my tongue out, “I. Win. This. Round. Bye. Bye. .”

============

Walking out of the room, I was furious yet delighted at the same time. How could that damn brat call me and she had the nerve to touch my face and yet I’m slightly enjoying this.

 I knew everything was going to well for me. Finding Seohyun and having her agree to my life after marriage term so easily made me too happy. I should have met her family before I announced our engagement party date to my parents. My god that girl…I don’t think I’ve ever felt this way before. She makes me mad at times yet I’m interested in her mindset. She wasn’t like other girls who would give me what I want or flirt with me. She was constantly trying to pick a fight with me.

 I even used my smile on her. No one has ever not fallen for my killer smile let alone tries to hit my face and yet that girl has. That girl is constantly trying to go against me, yet why did I give into her demands. Even if Seo asked me to proposed again I could easily say no and that would be that, but I wanted to do it to see that brat’s reaction. She looked like she hated doing those cute acts yet she was willing to do so in-order to make me see who Seohyun would listen to. It was interesting to see her struggle to do those aegyos yet enjoy seeing me in pain.

Do I find it enjoyable being mocked or is it because she’s more interesting than the other girls I have had in my life? Whatever the case is, I guess this girl could be more interesting than I thought.

 

 

 

What will be Victoria’s plan on getting Kyuhyun and Seohyun back together while keeping the ‘blood ’ Changmin away? Is Victoria interesting to Changmin or has something clicked inside him? Love at first sight without realizing it? Maybe, maybe not. Find out next time.

 

[Sneak Peek at the next chapter] Victoria found out about Changmin’s scheme to get married in order to gain his parents inheritance after doing a background check on him. She went to visit him in his office and blew up in his face about marrying someone because he could gain money isn’t the life to live. After yelling at him, she proposed a proposition. Is this the offer he can’t refuse or is it an offer he’ll flat out reject?

We all heard of wife training where you learn to cook, sew, clean etc. things to become a good future wife, but has anyone ever thought of husband training?

 

 

[Author’s Side Notes] I haven’t updated in awhile, my bad! I’ve been busy with school, but I’ll try and update my fanfics every 1-3 weeks. I’ll rotate updating my fanfics each time. Thank you for your support. I hope you enjoy the story thus far.