Chapter 4

Entice

[ Author's Note] Sorry for the very long summer vacation I had. I hope my readers didn’t all leave me because of this. I would be very sad if this were the case.

During the summer my boyfriend wanted to do some traveling so we took off for a month of traveling-along with some backpacking here and there. Very fun and interesting to see the wonders of the world. It was a spurge of the moment thing and it was oh so fun.

Once I got back my parents came for visit so being the filial daughter that I am, I had to take a few weeks off to entertain them. It was quite tiresome, but it was worth it seeing their happy face.

Recently since school has begun to start again, I found myself busy with preparing for school and getting back into the routine of things. Now that everything seems to be good with school, work and life I have a little time to myself to write so thus I wrote a very long chapter. I hope you guys enjoy it and I am sorry for being gone for so long. Xoxox your writer.

Ps. I’ll try not to disappear again without a warning. Keke.

Enjoy~ ^^;;

 

 

♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*

 

 

Changmin woke up upon hearing the faint sounds of knocking against his door. “Arghhh…what the hell do you want?” Changmin yelled in a grouchy hoarse morning tone. It was unpleasant to ones ears. He was never a morning person. He hated waking up early. He hated it more especially when he had little to almost no sleep the previous night. Last night he had stayed up until almost 3AM thinking of Victoria. He didn’t know why, but her face kept flashing through his mind making him unable to sleep until that time.

 

 “Mis...mister Changmin, someone’s here to see yo...you” the maid stuttered to get the words out. She knew Changmin hated being woken up by people. And anyone who dared to wake him up will later feel his wrath.

 

“Who the is here this early…” Placing his hands over his half-lidded eyes he rubbed them then looked over at his alarm clock on the wall for the time. It was only 6:30. “Who the hell in their right mind would come to someone’s’ house this early in the morning…”he muttered irritably. Looking at the clock once more he grunted out of frustration and began cursing furiously.

 

The maid could hear cursing on the side of the door. It made her more nervous to talk. Whenever Master Changmin gets woken up by one of his housekeepers Changmin would always stay moody for the rest of the day. “Ummm…ummm…the woman…said her name was Victor...”

 

Before the maid could finish her sentence Changmin interjected her. “Why didn’t you say so earlier” he shouted. “Tell her I’ll be right there in a few minutes. And get her something to drink while she waits.”  Getting up instantly he ran to the master bathroom. He brushed his teeth, ran into the shower and finished up as quickly as he could. After completing everything within 5 minutes time, he grabbing the bag from the hook on the bathroom wall and began getting dressed in a swift fashion. Eager to see Victoria.

 

After putting on the clothes that Victoria had given him yesterday he looked at himself in the mirror and practiced greeting her. It wasn’t like him to do this, but he felt it was needed. “Morning Victoria. Yo what sup Victoria? Hey Victoria. Good morning Victoria. You’re here early, Victoria…” He spoke to himself in the mirror while giving himself different facial expressions.

 

“What are you doing” Victoria asked as she looked at him curiously. She tried holding back her laughter, but the face he made the moment he turned around seeing her stand in his doorway was priceless. She couldn’t hold back her laugh any longer. She began laughing hysterically.

 

His mouth dropped open upon hearing her voice and when he turned around to see her at his doorway he couldn’t help looking shell shocked as if he has seen a ghost. Collecting his scattered thoughts he cleared his throat and yelled angrily as he stomped over to where she stood. “Don’t you know how to knock?”

 

“I did. You just probably didn’t hear it.” She stopped laughing and tilted her head against the door. Not taking her glaze off his she continued, “I just didn’t think that Mister arrogant and egotistic would get nervous seeing me. Who would have guessed you had this side to you? I must be very scary, huh.”

 

Thinking of a cool rebutted he cleared his throat and spoke in an unamused tone, “I’m not scared of you. It’s that damn mouth of yours that I have trouble with. I don’t know what snarky remark will come out of it.” Shifting his weight to his other leg he looked at her casually “I have many sides to me that you don’t know about. And besides, I was not nervous to see you. Don’t be full of yourself.”

 

Taking a look around the room, Victoria, studied the bedroom of sins. The room was huge. It was bigger than her own room by almost double the size. The walls were painted in a dark gray hue with white ivory moldings surrounding it. The room didn’t have any windows. The only source for sunlight came from the door opposite of where she’s standing.

 

The French style doubled door balcony and the view that came with it took Victoria’s breathe away. The view of the Yellow Sea waves crashing against the rocks. Taking her eyes from the sea she looked at the balcony doors. The thick jet black Taffeta drapes covered almost half of the dark cherry wood doubled doors, but she could still see it. The drapes were longer than the door itself. There was a thick golden curtain tieback tying the drapes loosely in place not letting it cover the view completely.

 

Glancing from the balcony door to the bed, she studied it for a moment. Oh how many girls must have slept in this bed only to be kicked out of it either moments later or the next day, she thought disapprovingly. Poor stupid women who fling themselves at this of a prince thinking they could change him and make him theirs in hopes of them being ‘special’ enough that he’ll ‘commit’ to them somehow. But even if I told you that all your work will never see results, you guys will never listen and learn anyways. Why is it that we think we can always change bad boys? Tsk. Tsk.

 

Victoria remembered all those pictures of women she had seen Changmin with. Those pictures were accumulated during a three week investigation and he had slept with 5 different women during that time. Shuddered at the thought of how many women would have slept in that bed if she had calculated a year worth of affairs made Victoria feel disgusted. Pig.

 

Looking over at the bed, it was rested against the wall. On one side of the bed there was a golden lamp resting on top of a dark cherry wood night stand. It had what seems to be two drawers to it. On the other side of the bed there was a Greek designed floor standing lamp with black shades. Very modernized and expensive looking.

 

Looking back at the bed, Victoria knew it was a California King Size bed. No surprised there, she thought scanning the bed critically, with all the ing he does of course he’ll get the biggest bed for his capade adventures. I bet he can even have an fest in here if he wanted too with all the bed space it has. The Tufted Wingback headboard was black just like the bed frame. Both the headboard and bed frame were cushioned and padded. Probably for gripping purposes if you know what I mean, Victoria looked at it revoltingly. All that wall and bed banging would hurt anyone.

 

Looking at the bed itself, there weren’t many pillows on it. For such a big bed there were only four pillows totaled. Two large pillows and two smaller, flatter pillows rested against the headboard in a disarray manner. It’s probably because he just woke up.

 

Glancing at the sheets they were stripe black sheets. They looked sleek and silky smooth to the touch. Studying the bed sheets Victoria knew they were Egyptian cotton. Probably with 1000 Thread Counts, she assumed, but wasn’t sure. She would need to touch them to know exactly how many counts there might be and let’s face it. That’s never going to happen. She’s not getting anywhere near that thing.

 

Taking her eyes off the bed she looked opposite of it towards the opening closest to her. From her angle she could see that it was the bathroom. It was a door free bathroom; no doors. The walls and part of the flooring were made of white with hint of gold marble bathroom tiles. There were also dark chocolate wood in spaces where there were no tiles. The bathtub was very big, almost Jacuzzi size. Next to the bathtub was a standing showering which was equally as big. Both the bathtub and the shower had the same bathroom tiles as the floor and walls.

 

The molding around the bathroom was dark gray hue. Beyond those points, she couldn’t really tell what else was inside the bathroom, but like most master bathrooms she assumed that there would be a double sink in there and probably a walk in closet located somewhere as well.

 

Turning her attention back on Changmin she saw that he has not stopped staring at her this whole time. Was he curious as to what she thought of this male alpha room? The room masculine and very modernized. It was a dream bachelor pad for all male alphas alike as far as she can tell. Realizing that he’s probably waiting for her reply from his earlier statement before she was interrupted by his bedroom.

 

Cutting the tension or whatever it was between them she spoke. “Is that so?” Breaking into a half smirk Victoria spoke in a teasingly whisper. Almost as if she’s seducing him with her words. “Ahh, then I guess I’ll just have to get to know all of you to see all the sides there is to Changmin Shim. Now don’t I?”

 

The promise slide over Changmin all the way down to his groin as he imagine all the ways he could explore Victoria as he let her study him in return. And he wasn’t just talking about ‘getting to know her mind.’ His eyes darken and his breathing slightly hitched as he darted his eyes towards his bed then back at her. Images of throwing her on his bed and ing her in a dozen different positions ran through his mind causing him to let out a small faint groan enough for only him to hear. His voice was hoarse with a hint of need in them as he spoke, “Mhhmmm…I’d like that.”

 

A wicked smile spread across Victoria’s face as she winked at him, “would you now?” Before he could say anything else she turned her body slightly heading back out the door, but turned her head back to say one last thing to him before heading completely out of the room of sins. “Are you coming or do you plan on staring at me all day?”

 

Seeing her walk away Changmin slapped himself softly against his face. Keep it together Changmin, geez. Why are you imagining doing things like that to a brat like her? Yeah she’s different and interesting, but so what? You’ll be bored of her soon enough. She’ll do something that you hate like all those other women you’ve ever slept with. She’ll turn out to be clingy and possessive of you and you’ll want nothing to do with her like all the others who had wanted commitment from you. There is no such word as commitment in your dictionary. So stop imagining doing things to and with Victoria. It’s probably because the bed is right there that’s why you had weird imaginations.

 

And besides she’ll be a hard one to control. She’ll never let you touch her or have your way with her so don’t even bother getting caught up with her. Letting out a long sigh he reminded himself that she was no good for him. She is Seohyuns’ sister and your future sister-in-law. Even if you want to sleep with someone it shouldn’t be the sister of your fiancé. And a troublesome brat at that. I think I need to get laid soon. I haven’t slept with anyone in a while. It has been what, two weeks since you last slept with someone?

 

Don’t get to close to her, she’s dangerous. She is making you lose control of your mind and emotions. Making you imagine weird things and feeling strange emotions. She’s trouble. Shaking his head he grabbed a towel and his iPod in hand closing the bedroom door behind him, he followed Victoria.

 

At the gym Victoria told Changmin that they should start out with some warm up stretches so that their muscles don’t become sore later on. Stretching with Victoria was in no way a help to Changmin’s mind nor his groin.

 

She wore black spandex shorts with a fuchsia sports tank top. Her top wasn’t as short as the top he saw at the café the other day, but it was just as tight and hugged her just as much as the other one did. Her mounts were nicely cushioned against the tank top. Her were a nice size. Not too small nor overly big. It would probably fit in the palm of his hands perfectly if he gets a chance to touch them. He wondered how soft they would be against his hands. How lovely they smelled and how delicious they might taste…

 

Before he could imagine anymore Victoria pulled her tank up higher and cleared . Obviously she knew what he was eyeing. Looking away Changmin felt embarrassed having been caught eyeing her goods. Seriously Changmin? Why are you looking at her like that? Geez, it’s not like there aren’t any other girls out there with nice assets to look at. They’ll even let you touch them. Quit staring at hers.

 

In a stern tone Victoria ordered him to stretch. “Sit down with your legs spread apart. Have each of your hands on each legs. I’ll help you stretch your legs.” Victoria kneeled behind Changmin pushing herself against his shoulders to bend him into a 10 second stretch.

 

Her on his back, her arms against his, against his ears counting numbers made his body ache. He couldn’t help, but have dirty thoughts of her as she whispered in his ears. It sent shockwaves to his groin. Damn her and her voodoo! Making him think of things he shouldn’t be thinking. If this was what stretching was all about Changmin’s not sure how long he can keep up with all this stretching thing without feeling the need to throw her in his car and do something about this semi-bulge he’s having. Clearing this thought he remembered how Victoria doesn’t like him nor found him attracted and she’s Seohyun’s bratty knows it all sister. A Troublesome little creature.

 

After a few more stretches here and there she instructed that it’s time to jog. A half an hour warm up jog or so to speed up their heart rate before doing other exercises is needed for any good workout. Before he could say anymore she had placed her earplugs in her ears and began jogging away. Ignoring his existence.

 

Looking around Changmin saw all these guys staring at Victoria’s as she jogged on the treadmill. Just great, just ing great. Not only can we not make any conversations, but every ing guy in here is staring at her as if she’s some type of meat. He glared at the guys making them flinch. After seeing them walk away he let out a sigh. Seeing that no one is looking at her anymore he turned and looked at her. Carefree and don’t even know how many guys are staring at your …brat…troublesome pest. He turned his attention towards his own machine and plugged in his own earplugs and began jogging.

 

After jogging for a little over half an hour Changmin thought he’d finally get time to talk to her seeing her pause her machine, but instead she told him to stay there and she’ll be right back.

 

A few minutes went by and when she had returned she brought someone with her. Standing next to her was a guy who’s only a few centimeters shorter than himself. The guy was well built. He had a muscular body from head to toe. His arms are almost double the size of Changmin’s arms.

 

She likes this type of guys? Really? I bet he doesn’t have any intelligence or brain cells in his body. He’s probably just a meat head who knows nothing, but body building. Why would she like these type of guys who’s nothing, but an outer shell? Sneering at the guy next to Victoria, Changmin wasn’t happy and he wasn’t sure why he was so irritated, but he just is. He couldn’t hide his annoyance as he asked “who the hell is this kid?”

 

Smiling brightly Victoria patted the guy on the shoulder. “Changmin, meet my friend and your future fitness trainer, Ok Taecyeon. Taecyeon, meet my future brother-in-law Changmin Shim.”

 

Mouthing to Victoria, Taecyeon asked “is. He. That. Brother. In. Law?” Seeing Victoria smile and playfully hit Taecyeon’s arm while nodding her head made Changmin feel even more annoyed.

 

Does she think I can’t see what she’s doing? Seriously…who the is this dude? Flirting with some meat head in front of me. Don’t you have any class? Your standards are so low, Victoria. How disappointing. And brother-in-law? I haven’t even married your sister yet! Don’t go around calling me with that title.

 

Interrupting Changmin’s train of thought, Taecyeon held out his hand and grinned cutely as he introduced himself, “I’m Ok Taecyeon. It’s a pleasure meeting you Mr. Shim.”

 

In a grimace Changmin shook Taecyeon’s hands roughly and forcefully. “Nice to meet you too.” Changmin wasn’t sure why he was so aggravated, but he just is. Taecyeon grinning like an idiot and Victoria smiling up at Taecyeon all sweetly and dreamy was irritating as hell. This dude looks so muscular and yet grinning like a child. You like that type of guys? Manly only by appearance, but when they open their mouth or smile they look like they are still in high school.

 

“I’m happy to be working with you,” Taec pulled his hands away from Changmin and looked over at Victoria and she nodded.

 

“Same here,” Changmin muttered before widening his eyes. Feeling flabbergasted by what he had just heard Changmin looked to Victoria then back to Taec for an answer. “What do you mean by working with me?”

 

 “Huh?” Looking at Changmin, Taec looked back at Victoria. “You didn’t tell him?”

 

Shrugging her shoulders Victoria smiled innocently, “what’s there to tell?” Looking down at her feet she looked back up at Changmin who was still fuming from earlier. Weakly smiling at Changmin she then looked over at Taecyeon then back at Changmin. “Well…you see…umm. I don’t really have a lot of time to go to the gym with you every day so I kind of…” Looking at Changmin, Victoria felt that she was being burned by his angry glare. His stare was intimidating. It was as if she did something wrong. Feeling slightly guilty she whispered the last few words, “…I signed you up for training with my old classmate.”

 

“What?!” Changmin yelled. “What do you mean by you don’t have time? You don’t have a job. You have all the time in the world to be here training with me. You are the one who insisted on this whole thing and now you are just throwing me off to some ‘old classmate’? Your family’s rich. Your parent’s are supporting you. So why are you pushing your burden on someone else?”

 

Feeling guilty for not telling Changmin yet enraged by his words. Victoria stood up straight and squared her shoulders. Looking at him directly in the eyes she narrowed them. “Ha! So you think that just because I don’t have a job right now I have all the time in the world to do things with you? Yeah I signed up for this whole thing, but that doesn’t mean I have to walk with you hand in hand. You’re a big boy. You can walk by yourself with some instructions. And I am not pushing my ‘burden’ onto anyone. I am not a fitness instructor. I don’t know what needs to be done to get results so I thought I’d asked for help from a professional. They have the skills to help you reach your goal.”

 

Pushing her hands against Changmin’s chest Victoria continued to speak wrathfully. “Just because my family is well off doesn’t need I should rely on them for everything in life. Nothing is free in this world and even if your parents can provide you with everything you should still learn to grow up and be an adult in a world without them. You can’t rely on their power and money for everything you know. You need to grow up and understand the ups and downs of life to know true success and suffering.” Taking a breather she knew she was letting her emotions control her, but she couldn’t help it. Who does he think he is talking to her that way? Does he think she is like him? Having his life set up for him the day he was born and just accepting that fate? Psh. Like she’ll accept help from her family. If she wants something badly enough she’ll have to earn it with her own two hands like millions of others out there.  

 

Taking another breather she control her temper. Letting out a small sigh she looked at him and spoke again, “just so you know I don’t have the time to help you every day because I’m busy looking for a job. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you this, but I do have to start looking for a job now that I’ve been back for a while now. I don’t mind going to the gym with you every now and then, but it can’t be a daily thing. And besides, it’s not like I can help much anyways. It was my idea for this whole training thing, but I still need assistance when it comes to things I’m not capable of doing. It might seem like I am being half-hearted about this whole thing, but I’m not a CEO where I can come and go as I please, like you are. I’m applying to work under others. I have to follow their order and rules along with the work hours. Even if I don’t have time to come to the gym, I’ll still be sure to check on your progress. I’ll make sure to talk to your fitness trainer and see how much you’ve progressed while I’m not around.”

 

Even though Changmin was irritated with Victoria he couldn’t help, but give in to her demands. She looked so livid by his earlier statement. For some odd reason he hated making her so mad. He shouldn’t have said what he said without thinking of her position either. It might have been her idea to do this whole fitness training thing, but she doesn’t have the knowledge to train him. So even if she did train him it might not be a good idea. She wouldn’t know what she’s doing.

 

Changmin looked over at Victoria. Such a small person and yet so tough. She’s independent and driven. He’s impressed with her work and life ethics. Remembering her words he couldn’t help, but frown. He couldn’t help working for his parents since he’s the only son in the family and it’s his responsibility to do so. Even if he didn’t want to take over his parents company he still has to do it. It was already in his future to take over the family business the day he was born. Dreams? Goals? He never really thought about these things because he knew he didn’t have a choice, but to take over his family business so there was no use of dreaming. And besides, taking over the family business isn’t a bad thing. He has an immense amount of money and power that he can use to do almost anything he wants with it. Almost.

 

Seeing Victoria talk about doing things on her own without her parents help made him feel that she’s inferior to him in some sort of way. She knew what she wanted and is aiming for it without the help of her family and that’s remarkable. Born in a rich family, but doesn’t think money is everything in life. Rather than accepting fate she’s going against it and going towards her dreams. The opposite of him. But it’s not like he had a dream to begin with.

 

“Fine. I’ll do this gym thing with the fitness trainer” Changmin looked at Victoria. Her eyes have seemed to sparkle upon hearing his words. It made his heart stir a little seeing a smile spread across her face and the twinkle in her eyes. She was so god damn pretty when she smiles, it’s breathe taking.

 

“Thanks!” Victoria smiled brightly and gave Changmin a hug. It was the least she could do for forcing this on him last minute. This was her way of making herself feel less guilty about this whole situation. “This is a thank you hug. Get used to it if you are going to be around me often. I am an affectionate driven creature.”

 

He flinched and froze on the spot at the sudden contact of their bodies. He wasn’t sure what to do. He had never been hugged for this reason by a girl before. No girl has ever gotten happy enough to hug him as a thank you for his kind gesture before. Girls always threw themselves at him to sleep with him and flirt with him, but never for a thank you. This was new and different. He couldn’t hide the smirk that was creeping up on his face as he spread his arms. Wanting to hug her back.

 

Before he could hug her back she pulled away from him leaving him dumbfounded with arms still held out. “I promise you, Taec will help you with maintaining a fit and healthy body while increasing your stamina. You won’t regret it. He’s awesome at his job.”

 

His mouth pressed into a hard line as Victoria spoke. He knew it was too good to be true. He could never get along with that mouth of her. Always saying the most unexpected things. She really does know how to ruin a perfectly good moment. Crossing his arms around his chest he spoke arrogantly. “And I told you! I work out regularly. My body is pretty fit and healthy so I don’t think Taec will be able to improve much. AND. FOR. YOUR. INFORMATION. My stamina is damn great. I can probably have some rough for at least 3-5 hours if I wanted to.”

 

Slightly flustered by Changmin’s comment. Victoria turned slightly pink as she turned her attention away from him and rubbed the back of her neck while looking on the ground. “O…okay I get it. You don’t have to be so loud for everyone to hear.”

 

Feeling that the tables have turned Changmin felt curious as to why Victoria’s acting all shy about this sort of topic. Without much thought he continued to playfully, “amazing, fun, sweaty, rough, hard that could last for hours on end. Even some heavy panting and rough wall banging here and there if given the chance. And don’t forget an hour or two of pre- too. That’s always fun and interesting.”

 

“I said I got it!” Victoria muttered under her breathe, kicking her feet against his gently. She’s not really a shy person, but isn’t a subject she likes to talk about. Yeah she jokes about the word and make snarky comments about the word, but only in her mind or to herself. She rarely actually speaks about to others. And when she does talk about it to others they are just short comments about . Not the actual process of how things go down during . When she envisions or hear the topic being brought up in conversation it makes her feel bashful. Especially if everyone around could hear the topic conversation too. Like right now.

 

The word itself isn’t so bad as long as it’s in a sentence without much detail to it. She can handle the word without details about how long it could last, how to do it, how it feels, the process and the steps it might take to reach nirvana. All those information are too much for her mind to process.

 

“Why are you being so shy all of a sudden? It’s not like you never heard these things before. You’ve probably had a few hours of adventures yourself,” Changmin continued to tease before realizing what he just said. Urgh…he doesn’t want to know what she’s done in her past with her exes. Maybe talking about this wasn’t a good idea. He doesn’t like to imagine Victoria in a lewd act with anyone. Past, present or future, for a matter of fact.

 

Before either of them could say another word the guy that they both had forgotten spoke up. “That’s enough. Quit messing with, Victoria. She doesn’t like talking about those things.”

 

Changmin turned his attention quickly towards Taec, “who told you to speak?”

 

“I can speak when I want to. And besides, you are wasting our precious time that you could be using to work out instead of standing here.” Taec pulled Changmin by the arm and lead him towards some arm machines.

“I should get going now. Have a good work out and see you guys later!” Victoria waved at the both of them and walked away.

 

“Wait she’s leaving, NOW? I thought she’ll leave later” Changmin was about to get up from the machine and run to Victoria before she leaves from his sight, but he was pushed back down by Taec.

 

“Leave the girl alone. She has to go home and shower for a job interview today” said Taec as he pulled the plug out and re-plugged it at 80lbs. “80 lbs.’ for a Leverage Lat Pull-down should be a cinch for you. I want you to do 4 reps of 20. We’ll go through a few arm machines, leg machines and then we’ll do lunges, boat rows, and abdominal machines for starters. Maybe some…”

 

“Job interview?” Changmin interrupted Taec as he go through what today’s agenda contained. Changmin was curious about what’s Taecyeon’s relationship with Victoria is. How come he knows so much about Victoria that even he doesn’t know?

 

“Yeah. Didn’t you hear about it? Are you even close to Victoria?”” Taec raised a brow, curiously. “She’s been busy trying to look for a job and have been attending job interviews for the past week or so.”

 

“Ahh…I see,” Changmin replied then turned his attention to the machine and began his first rep. After the first set was done he took a breather, but he was still curious. He couldn’t help, but want to ask more questions about Victoria. “So where is the interview at?” He tried sounding uninterested as he asked the question.

 

Feeling a little doubtful about how close Changmin and Victoria are, but amused by Changmin’s personality Taec smiled. “I think she’s going to go interview at some place called Musa Moon & Co today.”

 

“Oh…I see.” Changmin began his second set of rep. After it was completed he asked another question without wanting to look up at Taec this time. He didn’t like not knowing things and he didn’t like asking about things either, but he couldn’t help it. He could easily ask his secretary to do a background check on these things, but that could take a few hours or even days and his tolerance is wearing thin today. And even if he did ask for a background check his secretary might not even have the answers to his questions. He wanted to know what Taec and Victoria’s relationship is and he wanted to know about it now. He wanted to know how come Taec knows so much about Victoria. And how close they are to one another. “When does the interview start?”

 

“I think she said something about 10:30 am, but I’m not sure if that’s accurate or not.”

 

Looking at his watch it was already 8:15. Hmmm, she should be arriving home in 15 minutes or so. Turning his attention back on the machine he did another rep then asked another question indifferently. Trying not to sound curious. “So what position is she trying to apply for?”

 

This time Taec couldn’t hold back his laugher anymore and laughed loudly. After a few seconds of laughing he calmed down and looked at Changmin. “You seriously know nothing about her do you?”

 

Changmin knew this was a bad idea. This is why he should have just asked his secretary to look into this for him instead of asking questions himself. He hated not having the answers to things. And hated people knowing things he doesn’t. He doesn’t like the feeling of not knowing something. He doesn’t like others being inferior to him because he should be the one who’s making others feel inferior. Not the other way around. Feeling his temper boiling for some reason he spoke harshly, “so what? Even if I ask her, she’ll just ignore me. It’s not like she’s the easiest person to get to know anyways. Whatever, let’s just finish this thing.” Changmin was about to begin his third rep, but was stopped by Taec.

 

“Geez, you sure are an easily annoyed person aren’t you? I didn’t mean to laugh at you. It’s just funny that you keep wanting to ask questions and yet you seemed so unhappy about asking them at the same time. It’s like you have inner self-conflicted feelings you have with yourself. And besides it’s hard to do any work out with you not really paying attention to what you are doing. Your mind seemed to be elsewhere.”

 

 Changmin didn’t know what to say except, “I guess.” Taec was right. He’s here to work out, but instead he’s wasting his time trying to ask silly questions about Victoria. Questions that he could have had his secretary do research on and saved himself a lot of face. But no…he had to know right now. Know this instant. He had to make a fool of himself in front of this trainer person just to know more about Victoria. What is she doing to you, Changmin! You are losing your composure.

 

Feeling slightly sympathetic towards Changmin. Taec patted Changmin on the shoulder and pointed towards the stairs as he spoke, “since it seems you aren’t really focus anyways. How about we go grab a smoothie at the juice bar downstairs and talk. I’ll answer any questions you might have.”

 

“Aren’t you supposed to be training me though?”

 

“Yes, but if you aren’t concentrating on the workout then there’s no point. Your mind keeps wandering every few minutes and that’s not really going to get us anywhere. And besides, I’m the owner of this gym. I don’t have a boss to answer to so breaking a rule here and there is okay.”

 

After ordering two Greenie, which was a blend of spinach, kale, celery, parsley, cucumber, pear, lemon and apple. Taec placed it on the table for him and Changmin. “It’s on the house. First drinks are complimentary for new gym goers. The drinks here are an acquired taste though. It’s healthy and good for you. It’s a blend of raw fruits and vegetables so not everyone can accept the taste at first, but once you get used to drinking it, it could actually be pretty addicting. Anyways back to Victoria. She graduated as an interior designer at some fancy university in America so I’m assuming she’ll be wanting to find a job as one.”

 

Duh! Changmin finally connected the dots. You didn’t even have to ask this question. You should have known what she position she would have been applying to from the start. On her background chart she had attended NYU and majored in Interior Design and minored in international business. Clapping his hands he realized that he wasn’t at home and looked at Taec’s amused expression. Just great, this guy who I just met. Who has some sort of unknown relationship with Victoria, is looking super entertained by me right about now? Collecting his cool Changmin spoke nonchalantly in a casual tone. “Yes. That’s it. I remembered Victoria talking about that before. She said she graduated from NYU with a major in Interior Design and a minor in International Business.” Take that! I know her! Well kind of. I know of her from what I read on her background charts.

 

“Yeah. Well anyways do you have any other questions you want to get off your chest before we start our proper workout without distractions?”

 

“How do you know, Victoria?” The words came out before he could stop himself. DAMN! I should have waited to ask my secretary. You don’t need this guy looking down on you as if he knows more than you do. Although he does know Victoria more than you do. I don’t want to give him that satisfaction.

 

“We went to the same middle school and in high school she introduced me to my current fiancé. I guess you can say she’s our devil matchmaker. Her best friend, Jessica, had like me throughout middle school and high school. I guess Victoria was fed up with Jessica constantly talking about me while doing nothing about it so she set us up a few days before she left for college. She invited both of us to the theme park saying it was a parting gift she had wanted to do with us before leaving. It was like a goodbye thing, but when we showed up to the park Victoria was nowhere to be found. She sent us a text telling us to go to the information booth and when we did, there was this whole scavenger set up thing Victoria had us do. We had to work together to get some prize at the end. In the end we got closer while doing the scavenger together and we got free dinner tickets after completing the scavenger hunt. That girl (Victoria) can be pretty amazing, but weird at times. She could have just told me to ask Jessica out or something, but she had to do that whole ‘in search of happiness treasure’ thing, which took all day.”

 

Now being unable to hold back his excitement Changmin tried to keep a smile from forming as hard as possible. He didn’t want Taec to know he’s happy about Victoria and Taec’s relations, or lack of. Keeping a straight face Changmin nodded his head. “I see. A devil indeed. But you are thankful that she went through all that trouble for you guys, am I right?”

 

“Yeah I am. She could be pretty straightforward and devilish most of the time, but all her actions always have some sort of meaning behind them. She loves making those around her happy and she always knows how to charm a crowd. And what you said earlier about her not being an easy person to get to know, I guess you’re right. She’s not like other people. She doesn’t like getting too close to people and letting people in her heart and her life, but once you’re in there. You might never be allowed to leave. Haha. You know even now she still pester me for god-children? After my fiancé had told Victoria that I proposed to her, Victoria said she’ll be even happier once we get married and give her some lovely god-children. That’s her dying wish. To have beautiful TaecSica god-children. She said the title of god mother belonged to her the moment she set us up so we can’t choose another.”

 

Changmin smiled broadly as Taec talked fondly about Victoria. Victoria seemed like a really fun and friendly person. A friend you’d want in your life during the good times and bad times you may have. Seohyun always placed Victoria on a pedestal saying what a great person she was. Smart, cheerful, friendly, playful, pretty and kind hearted and for the very first time since meeting her he could imagine this Victoria as Taec spoke of her.

 

Ever since meeting Victoria, she had never once shown Changmin this side of her. Every time they faced each other it was as if they were sworn enemies from the start. Relaxing his mouth, he stopped grinning. She never gave him a chance to get to know her. Or given herself a chance to get to know him. Hearing this side of her that so many other people had gotten to see made him feel jealous of others for the first time in his life. Victoria was always rude, spiteful, snarky and unpleasant whenever they would have a conversation. Once in a while he’ll get to see her smiling face, but it was a rare moment. And only on a few occasions were those smiles ever directed at him. Most of their conversations involved her wanting to pick a fight with him. Or demanding something from him. She never let him get to see the real her.

 

 “What can I do to make her show me that hidden side?” The question came out in a whisper. Almost as if Changmin was holding back from asking, but for some reason his mouth moved before his brain could process the words.

 

“Huh? What hidden side?” Taec looked puzzled by Changmin’s question.

 

“The side that everyone gets to see, but me. The side where she’s happy and always smiling. The side where she’s being friendly and talkative about herself and things related to her. The side where she can playfully joke with me. The kind hearted sweet caring side…” Changmin whispered then let out a sigh of exasperation.

 

“I don’t know how to answer that,” Taec scratched his head trying to find the right answer. “Is she giving you a hard time?”

 

Realizing what he had just blurted out he cleared his throat trying to hold his composure. Why is he talking to a stranger about Victoria? And why is he saying all these weird things? Stupid Victoria and her voodoo spells. That’s why he’s been acting so strange. It’s not that he likes her or anything. It’s because she’s new and different that’s all. You’ll get tired of her soon. Her voodoo is making you act weird. Her voodoo and that stupid smile of hers.

 

 So what if everyone gets to see this side of her, but him. So what! What’s so great about her anyways? Feeling slightly irritated now he furrowed his brows not understanding his own reason for being so annoyed. “Damn straight,” he semi-yelled while pounding his fist against the table. “She’s giving me such a ing hard time and I don’t even know why!”

 

Letting out a soft chuckle Taec patted Changmin’s shoulder. “Take it easy there tiger. She’s just probably being protective of her sister that’s all. She probably just didn’t expect to come back here and suddenly see her sister engaged to someone other than that person. It was an outcome Victoria didn’t expect to have happened…” Realizing he said too much Taec stopped talking and took a sip of his drink. “How about we get back to our workout.”

 

“What do you mean by that?” Changmin grabbed Taec’s arm. “An outcome she didn’t expect?”

 

“Sorry. I shouldn’t have said anything. It is Victoria’s personal business. If you want to find out more than you have to go and ask Victoria yourself, but I doubt she’ll talk about it. She doesn’t like opening up to people she’s not close to.” Taec smiled weakly. “Let’s just go workout.”

 

Changmin followed Taec in silence towards an arm lift machine. Changmin wanted to know more about this whole thing and Taec’s words, but this is not something that you can just do a background check on. Or can you? I’ll ask my secretary to do a check later. Feeling slightly annoyed by the fact that Taec won’t talk Changmin stopped asking questions about Victoria. Like I’ll ask her about these things. She’s just my boredom cure for the moment. Nothing special about her. Why do I need to get close to her and let her bother me? I’ll just find out all the answers I want to from my secretary later.

 

 

♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .

 

 

“Sorry for the wait,” Victoria smiled sweetly as she approached Changmin and Taec. “I couldn’t get up!”

 

“I see that old habits are hard to get rid of,” Taec smiled while teasingly nudge at Victoria arms. “I’m surprised you can even get up at this time.”

 

Shoving Taec gently, she rolled her eyes at him. “Oh please! Just so you know I’ve been pretty busy lately and hardly had any sleep time let alone wake up so damn early. Can’t you give a girl a break? It’s not like this happens all the time. Well sort of.”

 

Smiling at Victoria, Taec gently played with her hair. “It does happen all the time though!”

 

“Quit messing with my hair!” Victoria slap Taec’s hand and frown at him. Turning her attention at Changmin who doesn’t look amused by her, she spoke. “Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of bed today. Why are you always grumpy when I see you?”

 

“Because you annoy me,” Changmin spoke harshly. He hated not seeing her for three days and when he does get to see her she’s all flirting and being cunning with ‘her best friend’s fiancé’. Has she no shame?! It’s her best friend’s fiancé for god sakes! Can’t she keep her hands to herself? (Although he says this, he knows that it was Taec who was being playful with Victoria first.)

 

“The feeling is mutual,” Victoria turned away from Changmin. What a ! Just because I didn’t go to the gym with you for three days or check on your progress doesn’t mean you have the right to be rude to me. Looking at Taec she grinned from ear to ear. Speaking in a high pitch tone, clearly excited about something. “Guess what?!  Guess what?! I have good news.”

“Hmm?” Taec eyes shined while Changmin looked even more annoyed.

 

“I got the job! Well kind of…” Victoria smiled brightly. “Musa Moon & Co wants me to do a second interview, but I’m sure that it’s just a routine interview. They really loved the layout I showed them a few days back. The ones I did while interning in the states. They couldn’t stop praising them.”

 

“Really?! Congratulations! Come here,” Taec wrapped his arms around Victoria in a tight embrace. It was like a father hugging his daughter. He was so proud of her accomplishments. “So freaking proud of you. We should go celebrate today!”

 

“Haha. I didn’t say I got the job yet. But I am pretty confident I did though.” Victoria looked up at Taec and nodded. “Yep, pretty sure I got the job.” She couldn’t stop smiling. “We’ll celebrate once the job is officially mine.”

 

“Ahem” Changmin cleared his throat. He was seething while looking at Taec and Victoria, who are still in a tight embrace. “Aren’t you guys hugging each other for a wee bit too long there? Wouldn’t your fiancé, and your best friend not like this sort of affectionate embrace you guys have going on here? It’s okay to hug a friend once in a while, but when you guys constantly flirt with each other it’s very annoying to watch.”

 

Letting go Victoria sneered at Changmin. “Huh? What? First of all, my best friend, Jessica, is perfectly fine with this sort of thing. She knows what kind of person I am and she’s use to it herself. She’s always hugging me and kissing me. Secondly, Taec is like a brother to me and I am like a sister to him. What affectionate embrace are you talking about? You make it sound so…immortal and sinister to hug a brother. And flirting? Do you know what a playful tease or joke is? Haven’t you ever done that with your siblings or friends?” Victoria crossed her arms around her body and tapped her feet. “Oh wait you don’t have any.”

 

“I do to have friends. And I do hug my friends, but I don’t constantly flirt with them like you. You are flirting with everything and anything that set foot in your path. I just think that you should watch how you interact with others and be careful of your actions. Your affectionate personality can be misleading to others.” Changmin stared impassively at Victoria.

 

“This kid!” Victoria could hear her anger building up. “Misleading? I doubt that my friends don’t know how I am. And trust me my line between friendship and lovers aren’t blurred and misleading. I always make it crystal clear as to what they are to me and what I am to them. I wish I could say the same for you and your line of ‘friends with benefit’ acts.”

 

“This kid? Aren’t you being too rude and disrespectful towards someone who is, in fact, five years older than you? You should talk to me with more respect.” Changmin wasn’t really mad at Victoria for her rude outburst, but rather he’s mad at her for telling Taec about her getting a job before telling him.

 

He’s mad at her for flirting with Taec in front of him. He’s mad at her for hugging Taec and ignoring his existence. Damn her and her voodoo! Making me feel this way…I couldn’t be feeling jealous, could I? Nah, it can’t be. I, who have everything and who could get anything would never be jealous of someone like that. He scowl at Taec before narrowing his eyes. Eyeing Taec from head to toes, then back to Taec’s face. Yeah definitely not jealous. It’s just Victoria’s voodoo magic that’s making me feel weird. Being around her is not good for my heart, not good at all. This is not jealousy.

 

“To get respect you have to earn it first, buddy” Victoria glared at him. God he’s so ing annoying. Always thinking he’s right when he’s not. Always thinking he’s the voice of logic and reasoning when he’s ing wrong with everything. When he’s in a crappy mood he’s always taking it out on me. What the hell did I do wrong? He’s like a ticking bomb. Seohyun unnie sure did pick a great one, sarcasm. Staring at Changmin she couldn’t help thinking narcissistic, arrogant son of a .

 

“Okay kiddies quit fighting,” Taec injected. “As much as you guys like breathing down each other’s throat. I think we should just go work up a sweat and get rid of all this bad aura around us.”

 

“I think so too,” Victoria nodded and walked away. “I’m going to go for a swim to cool off. What a damn bad start to a day!”

 

“What do you mean by going for a swim? What are you thinking? Its 7am and its freezing out.” Changmin pulled on Victoria’s arm not letting her walk away. Yeah sure there are other people swimming at this time too, but even so…her in a bikini for all the guys to see. God damn her. It’s not that he cares if she’s in a bikini or anything. Or if she catches guy’s attention or anything…it’s just too cold. Yeah! That’s it. It’s just too cold to go swimming at this time.

 

“Thanks for the warning, dad.” Victoria exaggerated the last word and yanked her arm away from Changmin’s grip. “I’m a big girl. I think I can handle the cold water,” Victoria spoke in a mocking tone before walking away.

 

“Why didn’t you stop her?!” Changmin stared at Taec while yelling. He was fuming.

 

“Uhhh…why should I stop her?” Taec looked at Changmin confused.

 

“Because…because it’s cold out! That’s why.” Changmin could hear the annoyance in his voice as he explained his reason. It was such a lame excuse, but it was the truth. IT IS cold out that’s why she shouldn’t go swimming, not because she’s going to be half in a place that’s wet and guys would be ogling at the sight of her. Every male fantasy coming true in one picture.

 

“Well she’s a grown women. She could make her own decisions on what she wants to do for her morning exercise routine. Don’t think so much about it. If Victoria set her mind to something no one can stop her from doing it.” Taec looked at his chart and pushed Changmin towards a workout machine. “Quit looking at the female locker room. Staring won’t make Victoria change her mind. Now start your workout.”

 

After completing the a few sets of reps Changmin looked over at the pool and saw Victoria in a one piece swimsuit. Her hair was tied up in a bun and she had goggles on. You can hardly recognize it was her, but he knew it was her. For some odd reason he knew it was her the moment he looked at her. At least she’s covered up…somewhat. Looking around the room he wanted to see if other guys were staring at Victoria and he smiled when he saw that no one was paying attention to the pool. Good they aren’t. He turned his glaze back to Victoria.

 

“Geez. She’s not your sister-in-law yet and you’re already being protective and overbearing towards her. Is Seohyun’s sister obsession rubbing off on you, too?” Taec looked to where Changmin was looking, which was the pool. “Two peas in a pod, you and Seohyun.”

 

“Yeah…protective of a sister-in-law,” Changmin muttered. He wasn’t sure of what this feeling was, but it was new. Maybe Taec was right…he never had a younger sister before so maybe he’s just being protective of Victoria like a brother would, but at the same time he feels like this is some sort of lie he’s telling himself. Hmmm…

 

He does have an older sister, but she doesn’t need any protecting. Hell people needed to be protected from her. But being with Victoria is different. Protective is just a small feeling he’s feeling when it comes to her. He feels more than that when she’s around him and he just can’t exactly put his fingers on it as to why he’s feeling this way and what these feelings may be. After a few more minutes has passed he let out a sigh. It’s her voodoo that’s making you feel this way. Not her. It’s her voodoo magic. Don’t get so worked up over some brat. He reminded himself.

 

Finishing up the last excises listed on the chart Changmin let out a sigh. Finally done. Looking over at the pool Victoria was nowhere in sight. “She’s in the showers probably,” Taec answered Changmin’s inner question.

 

“Oh I see. Maybe I should go shower too.” Changmin looked at his watch to see if he has time for a quick shower before realizing it as Sunday. His day off. He has all the time in the world today. Turning his attention back to Taec, Changmin ordered “if Victoria gets out of the shower before I do. Tell her to wait for me at the juice bar, okay?”

 

“Sure,” Taec smiled. “Demanding as always.”

                                          

After showering he walked to the juice bar seeing Victoria talking to two other guys at the table next to hers. His mouth pressed into a hard line, unhappy and not amused. Can’t go any ing where with you without you flirting, can I? “Victoria,” he called out. Even though he’s calling her name he’s scowling at the guys next to her.

 

Standing up she excused herself and said goodbye to her admirers. “Hey Changmin.”

 

“Changmin oppa,” he corrected her. His voice was still impassive as he spoke. His eyes didn’t flinch from those two guys at the table. After a few seconds had passed he turned and looked at her. His glazed softened as he inhaled her scent. She smells like shampoo and body wash. Such a sweet scent he thought as he studied her choice of morning attire.

 

She was wearing a white ivory spaghetti strapped knee length dress with huge red floral embroider design on it. She also had a white elbow length thin cardigan over the dress. The red flats on for shoes completed her outfit. She was stunning. The outfit made her look summery and the colors of the dress made her milky skin glow. “You look pretty,” said Changmin as he grinned from ear to ear, looking at her approvingly.

 

“Uhhh…thanks?” She was suspicious of his compliment.  It feels kind of weird hearing him say those words to her. Feeling uneasy under his gaze she shifted position from one hip to the other and changed the topic. “So…Taec said you were looking for me earlier. Did you want something?”

 

“Yeah. Since it’s my day off, how about we go grab some breakfast somewhere?” Changmin smiled cunningly at Victoria. “Unless you rather cook breakfast for me, yourself.”

 

“You want me to come over and cook breakfast for you?” Victoria felt slightly confused by Changmin’s demands. “Why should I?” She snapped.

 

“Well, you do own me a favor for accepting this training thing last minute. Cooking breakfast for me is the least you can do. I don’t mind going out for breakfast together, but I rather you cook. I want an American style breakfast like waffles or pancakes, omelet type stuff and not many places around here offer those sort of things. I know you’ve lived in the states and probably know how to make those things so how about it?” Changmin looked towards Victoria, hopeful.

 

So he lied. There are tons of places that offer those things, but Victoria just got back from the states not too long ago so she shouldn’t know this. Korea has become somewhat more Americanize than before. In the past few years there has been a huge demand in International restaurants and food. You see burger joints, pasta restaurants, and French bakery and so much more, everywhere you go now.

 

“Are you guilt tripping me into cooking for you?” Victoria teased Changmin. “The narcissistic prince is asking little old me to cook for him…hmmm, interesting.” The things people do for food. She shiver at the thought. Well then again, she should know. She’s one of them. She once ate a whole pizza by herself and blamed it on Minho saying it was because he’s at that age where puberty was starting and his body was changing along with his appetite. It’s making him consume more than before. He’s a growing boy!

 

“Whatever works” Changmin winked. He never had gotten a chance to really get to know her. They were never alone long enough for him to actually get to know her, know her. They always met in places with huge crowds most of the time. And when they did have some time alone, just the two of them, they were still getting interrupted by others or by Victoria, herself. Not like them being alone meant much since they fought constantly. They were like cats and dogs.

 

He wanted to talk to Victoria alone and get to know her more. He wanted to have a conversation with her where they aren’t fighting or breathing down each other’s throat every few seconds, but he doesn’t know how. They can’t seem to have a decent conversation with one another without having to fight about something.

 

He doesn’t know why, but he likes being around her. It was weird to admit, but he liked having her around even when they fight or even when he’s mad at her or annoyed by her. He liked having her around even during those times. He didn’t mind it actually, the bickering back and forth between them. It was amusing most of the time. In fact he like all these feelings he has when she’s around. Feelings he never experience before and don’t know what it could mean, but he likes it anyways.

 

Calculating the situation in her head Victoria thought for a moment and reluctantly agreed. “Fine. I’ll cook for you, but you have to help too!” This was a good opportunity for her to study his housework abilities in the meantime.  See what kind of ‘husband’ he’d be for Seohyun. And if he can cook or not. Is he willing to help Seohyun in the kitchen if she had a long day at work or is he just going to shove all the household responsibilities to Seohyun and his housekeeper? If he doesn’t know much, is he willing to work at it and try his best at least? Maybe I could train him in the household category as well.

 

“I don’t know how to cook! You owe me one so why don’t you just do it on your own?” Changmin looked at Victoria who seems to be scheming something in her head. “Did you bring a car?”

 

“I did bring a car.” Victoria looked over at Changmin and pouted. Point deducted for lack of effort. Good looks, smart, great family background and yet not willing to do anything for yourself. Get, get, get, but never wants to be the one who gives back. “Well too bad. You still have to help. Everyone is a beginner at some point in their life.” She smiled at him.

 

“Fine,” Changmin pouted, but then broke into a huge grin. He couldn’t help smiling at her when she smiles. She doesn’t do it often towards him so he should just endure whatever she throws at him, for now. “My house is the closest to here so let’s stop there and drop off your car?”

 

“Sure. I can check your fridge once I’m there too.”

 

The 10 minute car ride to his house felt longer than it actually was. Changmin was excited to eat Victoria’s cooking. He was eager to actually have time alone with her. So far they haven’t really fought and that was an improvement in itself. Calling his house before he reached it, he told his housekeepers that he doesn’t need their help for the rest of the day. That they should take off and he’ll still pay them for today’s work.

 

Opening his house door, Victoria pushed passed him. Taking off her shoes and grabbing a piece of paper from her bag she walked towards the kitchen. Opening the fridge and a few cabinets she scribbled some stuff down and within a few minutes they were out of the house driving towards supermarket.

 

During the car ride they didn’t really talk much because Victoria was busy talking on the phone to her friend Jessica who had just heard the news about the job from Taec. Feeling slightly disappointed, but not letting it get the best of him. Changmin tried listening in on Victoria’s side of the conversation to see if he could get any new insight about this job thing, but they were just talking about the same thing he had heard her told Taec. He’ll just have his secretary look into this matter later.

 

At the supermarket Changmin grabbed a cart as if he’s done it so many times before while Victoria scanned her list and grabbed ingredient to put inside. Every time they stopped at a produce Victoria would scan the item carefully. Examining a few of them intensely before placing the one she liked in the bag. It made Changmin chuckle at this sight. Do all women do this? They are even picky and indecisive about the food they eat.

 

Victoria glared up at him. “What’s so funny?”

 

“You.” Changmin smiled. “Do people always smell and examine their food before buying it? Aren’t they all the same.”

 

“No they are not all the same.” Victoria rolled her eyes at him. Picking up three bell peppers she shoved it at him. “Smell it. Each color has a distinctive smell and flavor. The yellow one is sweeter, but more expensive in pricing. The Red and green ones are the more commonly used ones. The red has slightly more flavor then the green one. The pricing on both are the same.” Taking it away from him nose she pushed it towards his hand. “Squeeze it gently.”

 

“Huh?” Changmin’s confused by Victoria’s instruction.

 

“Touch it. You see the wrinkles on the yellow one? It indicates that it’s old. And do you feel how less firm it is compared to the others? That means it’s no good.” Victoria put the yellow bell peppers back while putting the red and green one in a bag. “Since we need these in our omelet, the red and green will be good enough.”

 

“I didn’t know that making food require so much work. I thought you can just pick whatever you need and that’s good enough.”

 

Shrugging her shoulders Victoria placed the peppers in the cart. “You can do that too, but there’s no guarantee that the product you picked are fresh. The best food are ones that are fresh.”

 

“I see.” Changmin looked around him and saw many other couples shopping together. He saw a woman picking a grape up and feeding it to the man who was pushing a cart, like he is. Are people allowed to eat the product without paying for it first? He wondered. He saw another couple where the female had her arms around the male’s arm, in a hook. He was carrying a basket and they were standing by the tofu area choosing something, probably which tofu to make for dinner. Another couple, across from him were making googly eyes at one another. The women was sweet talking the man, asking him what he wanted for dinner. Food, a bath or her. He said something in her ear making her giggled. He pushed the cart and they walked away together. Don’t people realize they are in a public place? Leave that for your house.

 

Changmin looked around once more before looking back at himself and Victoria. He wondered if people thought of them as a ‘couple’ too. He is doing exactly the same thing they are doing. Pushing a shopping cart while Victoria picks out products to cook. For some reason it made him grin like an idiot wondering what people thought of them.

 

Looking at Changmin grinning face it made Victoria frowned. What the hell is he so happy about? What a weirdo. “What’s making you so happy?”

 

Relaxing his face he spoke coolly. “Nothing.” Dammit, what are you thinking, Changmin?

 

“Whatever weirdo.” Victoria looked at the cart and re-examined her list. “I think we’re done.”

 

“Oh okay.” Changmin pushed the cart towards the row of cashiers. After paying for the food, Victoria helped Changmin put the bags in the car. While she pushed the cart back to the supermarket area, Changmin started the car.

 

“So what type of music do you listen to?” Changmin asked. Wanting to break the silence now that they could talk without interruptions. Not knowing what else to say to start up a conversation that’s all that came to mind. He was never good at starting the conversation. He never had to find something to talk about with girls before. They always had something to say to him first.

 

“The usual I guess.” Victoria looked at her cellphone and started texting something.

 

“Like?” For some reason Changmin’s tone was one of annoyance. They were in the car together and he was trying to make small talk with her while she’s pounding her fingers against that stupid machine.

 

“I listen to almost everything. Korean. American. Japanese. Chinese. Basically anything that’s good to my ears I listen to it.” Victoria looked up at him feeling like she has to ask him the same question in return as a courtesy of some sort. “What about you?”

 

“Same. I listen to everything that’s good. I like more ballad type songs and classic music more than anything else.”

 

“Never knew you were such a romantic type person.” Victoria titled her head to the side and looked at Changmin with her big eyes.

 

“Romantic? I can be I guess. Not sure that’s the word I’d call it though,” Changmin smirked at Victoria.

 

“Well seeing as how you proposed to Seohyun unnie, I’m surprised you even have a romantic bone in your body.” Victoria continued to stare at Changmin before speaking again, “maybe you should show Seohyun this romantic side of you sometime. If you have one.”

 

“And why should I?” Changmin looked away from Victoria. This wasn’t the conversation he wanted to have with her. He didn’t want to talk about Seohyun.

 

“Why shouldn’t you? You guys are to be married eventually. All girls want flowers, hearts, love and romance. The works. It’s in our blood to want these things. And Seohyun is no exception.” It’s true that she doesn’t want Seohyun to marry Changmin, but if her plan does backfired and Seohyun doesn’t want to be with Kyuhyun given the chance again. At least she could do is make sure that Changmin will end up treating Seohyun unnie right. Giving her everything she might need. Be faithful and a great husband. Only if her plan fails. And it better not.

 

“And what about you?” Changmin looked over at Victoria with a soften expression.

 

“What about me?” Victoria looked over at Changmin.

 

“Do you also want the whole flowers, hearts, love and romance thing too?” Changmin turned his attention back on the road.

 

Looking down for a moment she looked back up at Changmin and smiled weakly. “I’m not so sure. Love and romance is…” Victoria paused for a moment looking for the right words to completely her sentence. “…Not meant for everyone.”

 

“But you said all girls want those things.” Changmin was confused by Victoria’s conflicting statements.

 

“To some extent yes.” With a sullen expression Victoria spoke up again. “Just because you want something doesn’t exactly mean you can obtain it.”

 

“And what is it that you want, but can’t obtained?” Changmin was curious about Victoria’s words and her sudden behavior. She seems like she has a lot she’s holding back on and he wants to know what’s making her look so sad.

 

“Before I wanted a lot of things, but now not much. Now, I don’t have anything I want.” Victoria turned her head towards the window. “Love and romance, huh?” Taking another breather she let out a soft sigh then turned to face him. “Maybe one day I’ll find the right guy who could take ahold of my heart.” She smiled weakly at him once more which make his heart ache at her words. “Hearts, flowers, romance and all.”

 

The rest of the ride home was quite after that. His heart was stirring at her words. It wasn’t a good feeling. She’s going to go on dates to meet guys. She’ll end up falling in love with someone eventually. She’ll kiss him over time, and then they’ll end up making love to each other at some point in their relationship. All this might even lead to marriage one day…Ughh. I don’t want to think about this anymore. This unfamiliar feeling inside him is making him regret asking her that question.

 

Arriving at the house in silence. They carried the bags into the house together. Looking around Changmin’s kitchen, Victoria found some aprons. They were too frilly for her taste, but it’ll do. Putting it on herself she called Changmin over. “Here put this on.”

 

“What? Why do I need to put that on?” Changmin protested in a grimace. He was already irritable from their earlier conversations.

 

“Just wear it. It is in case you get food on yourself. When cooking, food tends to splatter and the apron will keep it from getting on your clothes. And you can use it to wipe your hands too. Now go wash your hands and help me with the prep work.”

 

It was true that he has long arms and legs, but they aren’t that flexible. He couldn’t seem to tie his apron. “A little help here?”

 

Seeing Victoria giggle at the sight of Changmin trying to tie his apron made Changmin melt and forget all his previous worries. “You look ridiculous.” Victoria walked up right behind Changmin and began nudging and pulling his apron in place before tying it. “Much better. You look cute.” She winked at him.

 

He liked having her close to him. Her body felt warm against his and she had a sweet smell to her. Flower, airy fragrance. It smelled divine. “Uhhh…cute? Guys hate being called cute.” Changmin sneered at Victoria.

 

“I know. That’s why I called you cute.” She smiled devilishly. Before Changmin could say anything else she took out a chopping board, a knife and the bell peppers. Handing it to him she instructed him to begin his work. “You need to wash the bell peppers, then cut them in half. Throw away the stem and the seeds inside. After you’ve done that I want you to cut the peppers into stripes about 1 cm longer then dice them. It’s better to eat them in smaller pieces in omelets.”

 

“Uhhh….I’m not good with these sort of thing and I’ve never cooked before so don’t get mad if they don’t come out right.”

 

“How hard is it to cut things? It’s not rocket science you know. Just clean, un-seed them, cut them into strips, then into small cubes. That’s all there is to it.” Victoria nudge him once and nodded her head in approval. “I have confident in your first time cooking abilities.”

 

“Just don’t blame me or get mad when it comes out weird.” Changmin nudge back.

 

Leaving Changmin to the bell peppers Victoria began working on the batter for the pancakes. She mixed all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, white sugar, milk, and eggs with some melted buttered together. After checking the consistency of the battered and satisfied with the results she started working on the hash browns. Peeling the potato she grated it and placed it in a bowl. Looking over to where Changmin was, he was still trying to get all the seeds from the bell peppers out.

 

Letting out a small giggle enough for only her to hear, Victoria turned her attention back to prepping the omelet ingredients.  Peeling the onions she diced it and placed it on a bowl. Cleaning the mushrooms with a wet towel she peeked over at Changmin once more who has now begun to cut his strips. Very slowly trying to be as accurate as he could to 1 cm it seems. By the time he’s done, they won’t need to eat breakfast anymore. It’ll already be dinner time Victoria shook her head and giggled again.

 

After she finished slicing the mushrooms she walked over to where Changmin was standing and stood behind him while titling her head to the side to check his progress. Looking up towards him she smiled, “are you aiming for the perfectly cut bell peppers award?”  

 

“Gahhh” Changmin yelled before cutting his index finger slightly. “Don’t appear out of nowhere like that!”

 

“OMG. I’m so sorry I didn’t mean to scare you.” Victoria stood up and looked at Changmin then at his finger. “Do you have a first aid kit anywhere?”

 

“It’s just a small cut. I’m fine.” Changmin went to the sink to get rid of the blood that’s dripping.

 

Pulling his hand Victoria look at him sternly. “Seriously where is the first aid kit?”

 

“I told you I am fine.” Changmin slightly annoyed by Victoria’s action. He yanked his hand from her grip. Does she think he’s in pain from this small cut? It’s just a small injury nothing to be concerned about.

 

Pulling his hand once more she stomped her foot. “Seriously! Where is the first aid kit? And before you complain I just want to tell you that this injury might not hurt, but it’s better to disinfect it. You don’t know where the knife has been and how clean it is. It could have germs and bacteria on it. And the bell peppers. Don’t even get me started on what vegetables could contain.”

 

“Okay. Okay. I got it.” Changmin pulled his hand from Victoria and went to the living room in search of the first aid kit. Even though he sounded annoyed by her he was actually happy and smiling when he turned away. Her panic and worried face looked so adorable. Handing the first aid kit to Victoria he looked at her.

 

She held out his finger and sprayed it with disinfectant spray then blew on it. After seeing that the finger was dry she peeled back a band aid and placed it on his finger. Looking up at him under her long lashes she flashed him a grin. “All done. And pain free.”

 

“Thanks” he whispered and looked at his finger. Times like this where she smiles at him it makes him unable to think. It’s some sort of effect she has on him and he couldn’t understand why.

 

“I’ll finish the rest of the bell peppers,” Victoria took the knife in her hand and began chopping. “It’s not that you did a bad job or anything. I’m just really hungry and by the time you are done with the chopping I think I’ll die from starvation” she teased.

 

“Well I did tell you I’m new at this.” Changmin didn’t look pleased. He wanted to impress Victoria and that’s not going to happen anytime soon. If anything, he was more impressed with her.

 

After finishing the bell peppers she looked over at him. “Why don’t you sit down on the kitchen barstool and watch me work my magic?”

 

Taking a seat Changmin stared at Victoria as she beat the eggs. Looking at her he liked what he saw. She was beautiful and talented. She has a good career as an interior designer, can cook, and seems well grounded. She has it all. Seeing Victoria climb on the countertop his eyes widen. “What are you doing?”

“I’m just grabbing some plates.” Victoria had one leg on the countertop, using her hands she pushed the rest of her body up until her other leg was on the counter top too. “Seriously how come your stuff is placed so high?”

 

“Geez, that’s dangerous.” Changmin walked over to where Victoria was and grabbed her waist without much thought. He carried her off the counter and placed on the ground in front of him. Reaching up from behind her, he grabbed two plates. He could smell her shampoo and body wash. He could feel her body against him. So warm and probably just as soft he imagined. The voodoo! He called out. It’s the voodoo. Don’t get in. Clearing his throat he handed her the plates. “The stuff aren’t placed high. It’s just that you’re short.”

 

“How is it dangerous? I’ve done this plenty of times before when I was living in the states.” Victoria took the plates from Changmin. “Thanks. FYI I am not short. I’m about 5’5 and that’s taller than most Asian females out there. And with heels I am even taller!”

 

“Yeah. Yeah, shorter.” Changmin teased.

 

Placing some pam onto the first pan, she turned the heat to medium and began scooping a ladle full of pancake batter onto it, making two small size pancakes. In a second pan she began putting some oil down. After half a minute, she tossed in the chopped onions, stir once and set the heat to medium. In the third pan she placed some bacon and sausage the non-stick pan. Straying pam in the last pan she placed the potatoes that she had grated in with some salt and pepper for flavoring and mixed it for a second before pushing it down with a spatula, flattening it. She turned the heat to medium.

 

Taking out some strawberries from the fridge she chopped it up and placed it in a bowl. Adding a few sprinkles of sugar to it she mixed it quickly before turning her attention back to the pancakes, which are ready to be flipped. Using the spatula she gently pushed from the bottom until ¾ of the pancake was on her spatula and flipped it. After flipping both pancakes she went back to the pan with the onions. Tossing in the bell peppers and mushrooms, she sprinkled some seasoning on it and mixed it.

 

Within 10 minutes the whole breakfast came together. Each of them had half an omelet with bacon-sausage-bell peppers-onions-cheese and mushroom. Each plate also had two pancakes each with some bananas and strawberries on top and a good amount of crispy hash browns.  Seeing Victoria bring two plates around Changmin smiled.

 

Eager to dig into his food he thanked her and grabbed the plate from her. Sinking his fork first into the piece of omelet he took a bite and murmured “yum. It’s good.” He nodded his head and continued to speak with food in his mouth, “like really good.”

 

“Thanks” Victoria smiled and began digging into her own plate.

 

She was a great cook. It was seasoned perfectly and everything just melts in his mouth. He kept telling her she ‘this is good’, every time he took a bite of something on his plate. He was impressed with not only her cooking skills, but her multitasking skills as well. She didn’t let anything burn and was fast pacing around the kitchen. From chopping to stirring to anything. It was fast, and she didn’t leave his kitchen a mess either. Her cooking skills weren’t the only thing that impressed him either. Victoria in that apron pacing around his kitchen was a sight to see in itself. He liked it. He liked it a lot. “You should cook for me again sometime. You seemed happy when you cook”

 

“Be careful what you wish for” she smiled cunningly at him.  

 

Changmin smiled back. She smiles at him more today than she had ever smiled all the times they’ve meet up until now combined. Or maybe it’s because they haven’t argued yet that’s why it seems she’s smiling more not glaring.

 

He liked seeing her this way. Happy and smiling. He doesn’t mind this whole cooking thing either. Going grocery shopping with her and helping her with the prep work. He can get used to this. He can have more conversations with her as she cooks and get to know her more as they spend more time together. She wasn’t like other girls. He can actually carry a conversation with her without feeling bored. And if she does cook for him more he can eat her cooking on a regular basis and see her dance around his kitchen in that frilly apron more often too.

 

As Victoria continued chewing her food the wheels in her head began turning. Seeing that Changmin is somewhat enjoying himself while helping her with the food preparations it might not be a bad idea to teach him how to cook a few decent meals. It won’t be a bad idea to teach him how to do some chores around the house either. It’ll make him into a better husband for unnie in the future. He’ll be able to cook once in a while when unnie is too tired to cook. He can also help do some of the household chores around the house too. It’ll lighten the work load around the house for unnie. This might not be a bad idea. Coming here once in a while to cook for him while making him help you with the prep work and slowly, but surely he’ll learn how to cook by himself too. You can then teach him how to cook and clean after that. From apprentice to chef, from clumsy to household master in no time.

 

Finishing everything on his plate Changmin looked at Victoria. “It was really nice of you to cook breakfast. Thanks again.” Taking his empty plate and empty cup to the sink he looked over at her again, “I’ll do the dishes since you did the cooking.”

 

Victoria perk up upon hearing this. “Thanks.” He’s already willing to help somewhat…hmmm…not a bad start. Doing dishes then maybe next time she can get him to wipe down and clean his kitchen if she were to make a mess. Maybe he’s a fast learner. “Oh yeah before I forget. I wanted to ask you. Are you free next Sunday?” Victoria looked over at Changmin.

 

“Yeah. I don’t normally work on Sundays. Why?” Changmin furrowed his brows. Curious as to what Victoria has planned.

 

“A friend of mine gave me tickets to Lotte World so I wanted to know if you wanted to go with me…”

 

A huge grin appeared on his face as he listened to her reply. “Yeah, I’m free,” he spoke before she could finish her sentence. He hoped he didn’t sound too eager, but he knew he did.

 

“Cool.” She handed him her plate. Standing up she grabbed her bags. “Thanks for doing the dishes. I better get going now. I have some errands I need to finish today. I’ll contact you with details about next Sunday sometime before then, okay?”

 

“I’ll be waiting.” He beamed with joy. “And thanks again for breakfast.” Walking her out the door he held the door for her he watched her walk away. He couldn’t believe she had asked him on a date. The places she had ever invited him to were places where he could get his ‘groom’s training’ thing done. It was the first time she had invited him to a place that doesn’t require groom training…or maybe it is related… Whatever. Anything is fine as she’s around.

 

Victoria smiled wickedly as she walked out the door. She had something up her sleeves and it wasn’t what Changmin had expected. Pulling out her cellphone the moment she got into her car she made a call to Kyuhyun oppa. Unable to reach him she left him a message. “Oppa, it’s me Victoria. I hope you’re free on Sunday. I got some free tickets to Lotte World and was hoping you’d be free to take me there next week. Call me as soon as you get this message, okay?”

 

Hanging up she punched in another number. Ring~ring~ring. No answer. Geez, why aren’t people picking up their damn cellphone today? “Hey unnie, it’s me Victoria. I have free tickets to Lotte world and wanted to know if you were free this coming up Sunday to go with me. I’ll tell you more about it later so call me back okay?”

 

 

 

 

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

 

Poor Changmin. He had this illusion that Victoria had asked him on a date with only the two of them, but it turns out there were other people being invited to this shindig not just him. What will happen once Changmin finds out that he was being used by Victoria for whatever scheme she has up her sleeve?

Double date are supposed to be fun, but will this be all fun and games once Victoria begin playing the role of matchmaker or will it be a catastrophe waiting to happen? Find out in the next chapter of Entice.

Finally some pairing of Changmin-Seohyun ~ Seohyun- Kyuhyun~ Victoria-Kyuhyun~Victoria-Changmin in the next chapter. Stay tune.