Chapter 6

Entice

When Victoria knew that she had ran far enough she stopped running and stood there, trying to catch her breath. “That…was…close.” She spoke between breathes. 

Changmin crashed into Victoria, sending her forward. “Whoa!” He shouted not knowing that she would suddenly stop without warning. Seeing Victoria loose her balance he grabbed her waist with his freed hand and held her to him before she could fall. “Be careful,” he whispered close to her ears.

“Wow, that was close” she spoke in a shocked tone before changing her tone to a calmer one. “Thanks.” Turning her face towards his. Their eyes locked onto one another. Smiling at him cunningly she spoke. “That was some good reflex skills you have got there buddy.”

His mind was lost in thought having her face only a few inches away from his. Her scent surrounded him, clouding his senses. When she spoke, her words brought him back to reality. “I guess,” he answered casually, trying not to sound as if he is affected by their closeness. His grip around her waist suddenly tightened. Pulling her closer towards him in a warm embraced he didn’t want to let her go of her just yet. He didn’t know why, but he wanted to hold her closer to him. Feel and hear her heavy heartbeat against his chest.

He wished the reason her heart was beating fast was because of how close their faces were to one another, but he knew that wasn’t the case. It was probably beating fast because of all the running they had done a few minutes earlier.

Feeling his hard body against her back and his warm hand around her waist made her realize he was still holding onto her even after she had regained her balance. “Uhhh…you can let go now.” She gave him a forced smile. It was awkward being so close to him.

Her words were not what he had expected. He was expecting her to be shy, blushing profusely, and stuttering at her words as he hold her close to him, but she wasn’t anything of that sort. She was calm and relaxed as if his touch didn’t faze her. He felt a jab in the stomach. “Sorry…” was the only thing he could manage to say before taking his hand off her waist, unwillingly.

After her breathing returned to normal again she looked over towards Changmin and spoke. “Where do you want to go now?” Looking down she realized her hand was still holding onto his. Stopping dead in her tracks she pulled her hand away instantly. “Uhhh…sorry about that. I didn’t realized I was still holding onto your hand…Haha. We were running and I just forgot…haha. I was telling you to let go and yet here I am shamelessly still holding onto your hand. I’m so slow sometimes.” She gave an awkward laugh. Whenever she felt uneasy about something, she tends to ramble random things and she would sometimes laugh awkwardly for no reason. This was exactly that case.

Tilting his head to the side he gave her a wide grin. He was entertained by her statement. “A few minutes ago you were demanding to go on faster rides and you even left Seohyun behind because she didn’t want to go and yet here you are asking me where I want to go? What if I want to pick a slow ride?”

Victoria shrugged her shoulders. “Doesn’t matter. Pick any ride you want. Us, girls are indecisive like that.” She had this calculating look in her eyes. “Before I wanted to go on fast rides, but now I don’t really care.” She didn’t want to tell Changmin her real reason for turning the supposed 4some into two groups of 2somes. And besides, it would be weird to tell Changmin that ‘I actually wanted your fiancé to get back together with her ex and that’s why I set this whole thing up.’

Even though her explanation didn’t seem believable he didn’t care. As long as he can spend time alone with her, any excuse she throws at him is fine by him. Pulling onto Victoria’s arms and dragged her to the nearest ride. He pointed his finger to a ride a few dozen steps away as he spoke, “let’s go on that one.”

“A water ride?” Victoria looked at Changmin uncertainly as they got in line.

“Yeah. Why not? The water will cool us off.” Changmin fanned himself with his freed hand while his other hand held onto Victoria’s hand tightly. “The suns’ rays are super strong in the afternoon so a water ride is a perfect way to cool us off.”

Victoria smirked playfully before speaking in a teasing voice, “are you sure it isn’t an excuse to see me wet?”

“Are you flirting with me, Ms. Song?” Changmin smirked back and tousled Victoria’s hair with his hand. Running his fingers through her hair several times before making a mess of it.

“Ehhh…no. That’s gross. You’re my sister’s fiancé. How can you even think I’d flirt with you? I hope you know I was just teasing you.” Victoria shook her head remembering Changmin’s earlier statement. “Joking around doesn’t equal to flirting, you know. Why can’t two people, who are opposite , just joke around playfully without it having to mean anything by it? And quit messing with my hair!” Victoria pulled her head away from his hand. “Why is your hand still holding mine? We’re already at the line you know.” Changmin made a tsk smacking sound with his lips and took his hand off hers.

Changmin muttered under his breathe feeling unhappy by her statements. “Way to ruin the mood.” Why is she always calling me Seohyun’s fiancé? Yeah it’s true that I am…but…he doesn’t know what it is, but he just doesn’t like the way those words come out of Victoria’s mouth. It’s a sharp ping feeling inside him whenever she refers to him in that term.

“Did you say something?” Victoria turned and looked at Changmin curiously.

“No.” He looked in front of him at the line before him. “At least the line to the Atlantis isn’t that long compared to the other rides.” This was the only topic he could come up with. He had never had difficulties talking to a girl before, but Victoria wasn’t like all the others. With her, he has to actually try to make conversation.

Even if he said something boring the other girls, they would still laugh and play along with his words as if he’s the most interesting person just to have a chance to sleep with him whereas Victoria isn’t like that. He wanted to impress her, but no matter what he does or say she doesn’t really seem all that impressed by him. In fact, he finds that he’s more smitten with her than she is with him. Everything she says makes him feel interested.

“I guess.” Victoria looked to where Changmin was looking. He could be so random sometimes, she thought.

“So…”

“So?” Victoria tried to hide a smirk that was forming at the corner of , but was failing. You know those moments where you’re stuck in a place with someone you aren’t super close to and have nothing to say except for those awkward stares back and forth between the two of you? Well this was one of them. And for some weird reason it was entertaining to see his ‘try hard to come up with a topic’ expression. It was amusing to see. For someone who’s so popular with girls, it’s funny seeing him have a hard time with this.

Not knowing how else to approach the topic, Changmin just blurted out the question he been dying to know. “What’s your real relationship with Kyuhyun?” Her earlier answer didn’t seem too convincing to him. They seemed too close for comfort to be just ordinary friends like she had stated several times.

Their skin ship was beyond that of normal friends; too touchy feely with one another and overly flirtatious to be just friends. There are boundaries between friends and they crossed the line with some of their actions. And her previous statement about Kyuhyun being her teenage fantasy had made Changmin more curious about what all that was about. Why would she say something like that?

“I thought I answered that question earlier already.” Victoria looked at Changmin, who had this demanding look plastered on his face. He was holding his stance, waiting for her answer. “Friends. Kyuhyun oppa and I are just very good friends.” Victoria smiled sweetly. The smile was different compared to all those other times he had seen her smile.

A smile that Changmin didn’t want to see, especially knowing it was probably a result of seeing an image of Kyuhyun in her mind, causing her to smile that way. “Just friends?” Changmin’s voice was hard and icy. He didn’t believe a damn word from her, but was still wanting to dig deeper into this issue. She’s hiding something. He could feel it. “Are you sure you only see him as a friend and nothing more?”

“Yeah…” Victoria gave him a questioning look. “Why? Did you think we were more or something?”

“Well you did invite him to this thing, and this whole set up looked as if it were a double date with Seohyun and me, you and him. So I just thought, you know…” His voice began trailing off.

Victoria let out a small giggle. “Double date? I don’t think calling my sister and her fiancé and my sister’s ex…” She stopped herself from completing the sentence. “I meant to say, my friend. A double date. If I wanted to go on a date, I would have picked a guy who I could potentially see myself with. Not someone who I only see as an oppa- friend.”

Changmin wasn’t sure what Victoria was trying to say, but by the way she has been acting this whole day it was suspicious. He wanted to interrogate her some more about this issue, but his ego stopped him. He didn’t want to seem like a pushover to her. “I see…so you don’t see him as a potential boyfriend candidate.” The words made him feel somewhat relieved, but still doubtful.

“Haha!” Victoria laughed and shook her head at this thought. “Far from it.”

Changmin felt a whole lot better hearing her laugh while saying her last sentence. “That’s good.” He couldn’t hide the boyish grin that was spread across his face from glee. He was damn happy. Maybe he’s just being overly worried. She did say she was very affectionate towards others. What a bad trait to have.

Victoria didn’t know why Changmin would think it’s a good thing, but whatever. It’s not like she cares about what goes through that mind of his anyways. That bi-polar prince virus he has is always so difficult to deal with. Always hot and cold, she could never tell what he’s thinking nor what cause him to react the way he does. But she does have to admit, his smile is somewhat contagious, especially when he smiles this way. It was very alluring. It make her smile seeing him this way. She always had a weakness for guys with killer smiles. “Why are you all smiles all of a sudden?”

“Why are you?” He tilted his head and stared at her lips for longer then he should have.

“I asked you first!” She pointed out.

“So?” He shoved her shoulders gently with his in a light bump. His smile widen.

“So answer!” Victoria shoved back.

“You!” He pushed her once more, in a playful banter.

“Fine, you win. When you smile like that it makes you look even more attractive than you already are. At times like these, I can see why girls are so captivated by you.” She looked up at him all cunningly with a seductive smile.

Her words took his breathe away. She always seems to say all the right thing to make his heartbeat faster. Damn her and her fatal words. How does she always manage to do this to me? He wondered, she’s so unpredictable. She’s sweet yet bitter. She’s kind yet brutally honest. She’s serious yet so playful. She’s just so different. He never met anyone like her before. She can monopolize his emotions with her words and actions. And he bet she doesn’t even know she has this sort of effect on him. He’s entangled in everything she does and he just doesn’t know why that is.

“Are you unhappy that I made you hang out with me instead of being with Seohyun unnie?” Victoria looked over at the quiet Changmin, who was lost in his thoughts.

“Huh? Why would you think that?” Changmin looked at Victoria puzzlingly. Her change in subject directions surprised him. “Did I seem that way? Did I say I was sad?”

“No, but you went quiet all of a sudden so I thought I must have been boring you or something.”

“That’s not it. I was just thinking,” he gave her a reassuring smile and pushed her shoulders playfully once more. How can I tell her that she takes my breath away with her words without it sounding as if I’m in love with her? Like I would be in love with someone like her. She’s interesting and entertaining to me, but not enough for me to love her. I’ve never been in love before, but I’m not about to start with her. He looked at her and looked away. Yep. It’s definitely not love. I’m just intrigued, that’s all.

Under his breath he muttered “if there is anything I am unhappy about it would be because of another reason.” He was still unsatisfied with her answer regarding Kyuhyun. Friends don’t giggly and touch each other in that flirtatious way. There are boundaries and they crossed it. It’s irritating seeing how Kyuhyun always get to touch you and you would react to his touch with a sweet smile, giving him affectionate words. If I were to touch you that way, you’d have a fit. Damn brat.

“Did you say something?” Victoria looked behind her to where Changmin was. The line has moved, but he was still in his earlier spot, lost in his thoughts once more.

“Nothing,” he muttered bitterly. Walking up to her he pinched her cheeks between his fingers gently. Damn brat!

♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡

 

Seeing Victoria disappear in the crowd with Changmin, Seohyun stopped shouting and returned to the table in front of the ice cream parlor where Kyuhyun was sitting. Truthfully if she had really wanted to stop Victoria from leaving she probably could have, but something inside her stopped her from doing so. Her heart.

Sitting there in silence while they each ate their own ice cream was unbearable. 5 minutes passed, then 10. After 15 minutes had gone by with no words exchanged between them. Seohyun began regretting her choice. Urghh…Why did I let her run off like that, Seohyun thought. This is so nerve wrecking.

Damn you Victoria! This is supposed to help us be more comfortable around each other and get back the years we’ve lost, but it’s more awkward than anything else, Kyuhyun thought to himself and looked over at Seohyun. When their eyes locked onto one another, she turned away instantly. She was surprised that he caught her staring at him.

Looking around Seohyun wondered where they went. Geez, why won’t they hurry up! What is that girl thinking, leaving me alone with…urghhh…why alone with him, of all the people…Seriously Victoria is asking for a good beating tonight. It was bad enough that Victoria had brought Kyuhyun up in conversations during dinner for the past few nights, which made me lose my appetite, but now seeing him in front of me is just tormenting. And to have to sit here with him for god knows how long in complete silence makes this all the more agonizing.

It was as if Kyuhyun felt the same thing she did. Wanting to break the awkwardness between them he spoke first. “I see that you still like eating Chocolate flavor ice cream.” He looked at her almost finished ice cream cone then back at her.

“Of course! I love chocolate,” Seohyun shouted louder than she should have. “Since when did you start liking chocolate?” She looked at his cone.

“I don’t know. It’s just one of those things that I came to like…” Kyu gave her a weak smile. He knew the answer, but he didn’t want to say it. How can he tell her it was when she told him to leave that he began picking up this ice cream flavor and drowning his sorrow in tubs after tubs after tubs of it. Comforting himself in the sweet taste of chocolate. It makes him sound so emotional. Changing the subject to a lighter one, Kyu wanted to take his mind off painful memories of the past. “So how have you been, lately?”

His question startled her. She didn’t think he’d actually want to continue with their conversation. “Good…” After a long pause she asked the same question in return. “How about you, how are you?”

“Good too.” He nodded and looked around. This conversation was a fail. Their words were forceful and awkward, but I have to try. Victoria gave me this opportunity and I have to use it to my full advantage, but how? If only talking to her was easy. He looked over at her and smiled awkward and she smiled back, looking just as uneasy as he felt. How can people talk to their exes so casually as if nothing has happened? It always amazed me how can exes still be friends with one another. Is there some sort type of trick to it? Ahhh! Enough of the self-talking buddy. Talk to her! Say something, say anything! “How’s…”

“So I…” Seo spoke at the same time Kyu did.

“You go first” he held his hand out, ushering her to talk.

She shook her head. “No, no. You go first.”

“No you, I insist.”

“No you!” Seohyun semi shouted. Realizing she was having too much fun with their little quarrel she spoke once more in a calmer tone, “no really you should go first.”

“We can do this all day if we have to, Seohyun.” The way her name rolled off his tongue made her heart beat faster. “Now talk” he instructed, forcefully.

Damn. He’s so charming when he’s being all manly and demanding like this. God, I love it when he’s like this. A smile was creeping up at the corner of , but she held it back. She didn’t want him to know how happy she was by all this. In a calm tone she spoke. “Fine. I just wanted to congratulate you on the success of Son Ye Jin. The person you had signed a few years back has become really famous now. You did an amazing job getting her the right acting offers. She’s a good actress. She’s pretty, funny, kind and extremely talented. But talent only goes so far. It’s her roles that you have made her take up that really made her something. I just wanted to say that.”

“Thanks.” He smiled. It was the first time in a long time that she has complimented him instead of putting him down. Scratch that, it was a long time since they have talked to each other one on one without making sharp sarcastic comments. “Yeah she’s a great actress, but you’re also amazing too. I heard you got that new movie role that a lot of actresses have been lining up to get. And you’ve even been named CF queen this year. Congratulations on those achievements and many more to come.”

“Thanks…” She smiled at him. It’s weird that they could actually have a normal conversation with each other. She never thought they’d ever talk to each other again. Yet they are. It was refreshing. “Now it’s your turn. What were you going to say?”

“I was going to ask you how was work going for you, but I realized we work in the same company so yeah…that question is kind of…you know.” Kyuhyun scratched his head. He was thinking of a question to ask her to make the atmosphere less weird and that was all he could come up with.

Seohyun couldn’t help giggling at him. Even now he’s still like that. Whenever he feels awkward he would come up with the most random questions just to make conversation. It was a trait she always thought was cute. “Yeah we work in the same company, but we rarely see each other. It’s fine for you to ask those questions since we work with different people.”

“True, but you know how news get around in our company. Gossip spreads like a wildfire. There’s no such thing as my business or your business.” He shook his head thinking of all those rumors about him. Some were true, but most weren’t.

Seohyun nodded her head in agreement. “That’s true. My manager was so excited when I got the offer for the lead role in ‘Breathless’ that she told a few people before it was even 100% confirmed. I was getting congratulation message left and right. And when I tried to tell them the truth that it’s not confirmed yet, they kept telling me I’m just being secretive and that I could trust them not to tell anyone.”

“But that’s how all managers are. They share the same happiness as you since they have been with you through so much that they tend to share the same sentiments as you. They just want to share their happiness, or rather yours, with others.”

“I guess…” After those words left Seohyun’s lips, there was another long silence pause between them. They were unsure how to continue to with this topic or what to talk about next.

How do you normally talk to people? Seohyun wondered. When you are put in the spot you just do it, but when you’re force to communicate like they are now, you just draw an empty blank unsure of what to say or what to do to make things less awkward for one another. Think of something to talk about…

“How can…” He spoke.

“Can you…” She spoke.

Seeing that they had something to say at the same time once again they glanced at each other then began laughing loudly in unison. “You go first,” he ushered.

Through giggles she spoke, “no…you go first.”

“We already talked about this. Now go first!” He smiled sweetly at her. It made her melt.

“Well I went first earlier, now it’s your turn.” Her heart was beating so fast that you can practically hear it pounding out of her chest. It’s weird, but it’s as if time went back to the past and nothing has changed between them. They can talk, joke, tease and flirt with each other as if everything was fine. It was nostalgic. She wasn’t sure if that’s a good thing or bad.

“Well ladies first,” he gave her a wink that she loved seeing.

Urghh…be still my heart, she told herself. You have a fiancé now. Why are you beating so loudly for your ex. “Come on,” she pouted, “don’t use that crap on me. Since when did you care about those type of rules?”

“Since the person was you.” His words took her breath away once more. “Seriously you go first.”

“Fine!’ She scowled before letting out a small giggle. “Can you believe Victoria just ditch us like that?! And close to lunch time too. At least she could have done was wait until lunch was done before running off like that.

“Haha!” He chuckled. “I know right? And on top of all that, she ran away with your fiancé too.” Kyuhyun wanted to make a joke out of it, but the worry expression Seo was showing made him regret his words. He just wasn’t good with words. He shouldn’t have brought the other two up.

“Yeah…” Seo whispered. She wondered how that would turn out. As she recalls, the first and last time Victoria and Changmin were in same room together they didn’t seem to get along. They were bickering none stop. I hope they aren’t ripping each other’s head off.

Seo was actually really worried about this combination. Changmin was easy to deal with, but Victoria was not. Seo just hopes Victoria will be kind to Changmin, like she had promised earlier. I hope she doesn’t give him a hard time today, Seo thought feeling apologetic to Changmin who was dragged into all this. I just hope she doesn’t get too carry away with her jokes. “He’s a good guy. I just don’t know why Victoria doesn’t seem to like him very much.”

Kyu knew Seo was worried because Victoria could be so unpredictable. Damn him! Why did he have to bring Victoria and Changmin up when the conversation has been going so well for them? Damn his stupid mouth. “Yeah. He’s a good guy.” Kyu smiled weakly remembering how he met Changmin.

Minho has a huge social network in college and even now. He knew a lot of people and Changmin being one of them. Minho and Changmin were fraternity brothers and they hung out sometimes, outside of frat related events. Kyu met Changmin during one of these outing that Minho had invited him too and they met several times after that because of Minho. They are friends, but not really close.

Not wanting Seo to have a chance to think about Changmin and Victoria any further he spoke again, interrupting her thoughts. “Are you still into health foods?”

“You mean my love for sweet potatoes?” Seohyun couldn’t help smiling thinking of sweet potatoes.

“Yeah!” He smiled back at her. He knew what she was thinking of. “I know you use to love it a lot. I am not sure if you still do or not, but I remember you would always bring a bag of either roasted sweet potatoes or sweet potato chips with you.” Pausing for a second he spoke again once he recalled his memories. “Actually you always brought some sort of vegetable or fruit snacks with you wherever you go. You were always a health nut.”

Unable to hide her amazement she smiled broadly at him and spoke in a surprised tone, “I can’t believe you still remember that.” For some reason she was happy he still remembers these little details about her. Scratch that, she was damn happy he still remembered. She thought he had forgotten everything about her, about them after the way she treated him back then. But she was wrong. He remembers.

“How can I forget?” The way those words left his mouth made her heartache. It made her want to be with him all over again. The memories of him being hers washed over her mind. If only I can go back into time, she thought. He always knew what sweet words she’d want to hear. His timing was perfection.

Wanting to take her mind off the happy memories she had with him she changed the direction of this conversation. “Do you still play StarCraft?”

“Haha!” He laughed. A laugh that makes her heart beat faster and a smile appear on her face. “You still remember!” He tilted his head and gave her this look. The look of love. His affectionate gaze surrounds her, making it hard for her to breathe.

“How can I not?” She whispered. Realizing her voice was huskily and low, she felt frightened by this outcome. Clearing she regained her sense back and spoke in a sarcastic tone. “You were basically glued to the computer on weekdays after school and sometimes even on weekends. Minho oppa would often get mad at you when you would rather play on the PC then go out with him. I remember you guys use to fight over that. Such a lover quarrel.”

“Haha! Yeah, he would always get mad at me for it. Man, we were such kids back then.” He smiled remembering the past.

“You never answered my question.”

“About still playing?”

“Yeah.”

“I do, from time to time.” He smiled shyly. “I don’t have much time like I use to, so I can’t be glued to it like before.”

“Nerd alert,” she teased.

“Oh pleased! You use to love that dorky side of me!” He shoved her playfully. But she didn’t reply. She just looked down and silence fell upon them once again. Damn it…why do I always say the wrong things at the wrong time? Damn my timing. My mouth always makes stupid mistakes like this. Looking over at her, she didn’t look back. Dammit! Why is it so hard to have a decent conversation with your ex? Everything you talk about somehow ends up going back to happier times even if you don’t want to bring it up...

“Sorry,” he muttered apologetically.

“For what?” She looked up at him. All trace of happiness gone.

“For saying that…” He smiled weakly, “me and my mouth…it always gets me in trouble.”

“Yeah…” she smiled back at him weakly, unable to say anything else.

“Are you hungry, yet?” He looked at his watch. “It’s been almost 5 hours since we last ate, you must be hungry by now.”

“Wow it’s been 5 hours already?” Seohyun looked into her purse for the phone to call Victoria. “We’ve split up for a little over an hour now. I wonder if they’ll eat lunch with us.” Finding her phone she dialed Victoria’s number, but it went straight to voicemail. She tried calling Changmin’s phone as well, but no one picked up.

“So are you hungry yet?” He repeated his question once more. More concerned with her health then with the other two.

“No, not really.” She lied. She was starving. “Let’s wait for Victoria and Changmin. They should be meeting us up here soon.” Seohyun looked ahead of her, hoping to see Victoria in the crowd. “I think…” she whispered, uncertainly.

“I think Victoria said to do what we want because she won’t be back for a while…” Kyuhyun looked apologetic. Even though he wasn’t the one who set this whole thing up, he knew Victoria did all this so that he could be alone with Seo. So he felt somewhat at fault for all this awkwardness between them. “I don’t think she’s planning on eating lunch with us.”

“What?” Seohyun didn’t remember hearing Victoria say this, but it wouldn’t surprise her if that really was the case. She could have guessed the real reason why Victoria had pulled Changmin to go with her on the rides instead of Kyu and wanting to go on fast rides wasn’t it.

“You know how she is. Once she has decided on something, she’s going to see it to see it the end. She forgets everything else when she has only one focus and goal in mind.” Kyu ushered Seo to the food booths, “let’s just go grab some lunch and then let’s head over to the game areas after that. We can’t let Victoria and Changmin have all the fun.”

“Okay.” She smiled up at him with glee. She didn’t know why, but the more they talk the distance they had placed between each other all these years feels as if it was slowly shortening up. With each conversation they have with one another, old memories come rushing back. All those happier times. Could things ever go back to before? She wondered, but threw that thought out instantly, remembering Victoria…

♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡

 

“That ride was fun!” Victoria pulled her shirt away from her skin, fanning it. The shirt was sticking to her skin because it was soaked from the water ride. After a few seconds of moving it back and forth to air dry, she felt a lot better and a lot cooler too. Running her fingers through her wet hair she looked over to where Changmin stood. He was a few feet away from her and staring at her intensely, with this odd look in his eyes. “Do I have something on my face?” She asked him curiously. Uncertain as to why he was staring at her that way.

“Nope.” He answered, but continued to stare at her, scanning every inch of her delicious body. The way her clothes sticks to her skin so tightly, allowing him to see every curve of her. The way she runs her fingers through that wet her, pulling her hair to the side all seductively. The way she her lips all slow and teasing him. It does things to him. She looks so y and tempting all wet like that. …

“Weirdo…” She rolled her eyes and looked away from him. Hearing her tummy growl she pulled his arm to her face and looked at his watch. “Whoa, it’s been over an hour since we’ve been gone….hmmm…”

Her touch took him by surprised. It wasn’t as if she was kissing him or anything, but still. It made him feel tense for some reason. Trying to sound relaxed he spoke calmly as if her touch didn’t affect him. “Are you going to go back to where Seohyun and Kyuhyun are?” He wouldn’t be pleased if she said yes, but he wouldn’t stop her either. He didn’t want Victoria to know that he wants to be alone with her. It makes him sound…somehow attracted to her.

“Did I say I wanted to want to go to them?” Victoria looked over at Changmin mockingly. He’s so easy to jump to conclusions every time she ask a question. “I was just wondering if they ate yet since I am damn hungry right now! Roarrr...” She let out a small roar and giggle at her own animalistic sound.

He felt happy that she didn’t want to go meet up with the other two. Placing his hands on each of her shoulders he squeezed it gently. “Let’s go grab some lunch. You’re so hungry that you’re even making animal noises.” He gave her a small laugh and pushed her forward.

“Are you teasing me, Mister Shim?” Victoria looked over her shoulders to him, curiously.

“I am. Can’t I?” He gave her shoulders another gentle squeeze.

“You can, but I just thought that you didn’t think friends could joke and tease one another other without it having alter meaning.” Victoria looked at him cautiously.

“Well the rules are different when I’m involve. Especially when the person I’m talking to is you,” Changmin whispered against her ears and winked. It cause Victoria to roll her eyes and turn away.

“Don’t try to seduce me with your wink, Mister Shim. Your charms might work on other girls, but that kind of attitude won’t work on me. You can’t get on my good grace that way, brother-in-law. Try a different approach,” Victoria giggled and Changmin growl.

He removed one hand from her shoulder and draped the other one across her shoulder. Walking beside her, he looked over at her and gave her a cunning half smirk. “Are you sure you only see me as a brother-in-law.” He asked doubtful. He was walking on dangerous territory with this remark.

Victoria let out a soft giggle. Turning to face him, she pulled his face closer to hers until they were a few inches apart. He could feel her breathing against his skin as she spoke in a low whisper, “are you hoping I would think of you as something else?” She pulled her face away leaving him searching for air as if their closeness had it out of him. She let out another soft giggle as if his words were mere jokes. “Enough playing around. Let’s go grab some food.”

Tightening his grip on her shoulders he held her in place not wanting her to move. “What if I wasn’t playing around?” He shouldn’t have asked. It was too soon, but something inside him made him say it. He didn’t like how she didn’t take his words seriously.

“Seriously, Changmin. Enough with the jokes. Let’s not get carried away and cross the boundary now.” Victoria was about to walk forward, but he pulled her back once more.

“And what if I was serious.” His voice was stern and hard. It wasn’t lacy was sarcasm like she had hoped. There was no trace of it being a joke in his tone. He held his stance, standing a few inches away from her. She could feel his heavy breathing against her skin. It brought shivers to her. And not the good kind.

“Whether you are joking or not, this joke has gotten far enough.” Victoria looked at Changmin, unamused by his actions.

“Then just answer my question.” His expression softened.

“That if I see you as only a brother-in-law or something else?” Victoria looked conflicted for a second. Unsure of how to go about answer this question. This thought hasn’t really crossed her mind. He hasn’t really crossed her mind.

“Yes.” Changmin tilted his head and seduced her with his warm inviting smile. “I mean, you are always flirting and joking with me. You hang out with me a lot and I don’t know…I just can’t seem to read what goes through that mind of yours…” He wasn’t sure where he was going with all this. He didn’t know what he wanted to say.

“Didn’t I say I am the affectionate type? I mean we aren’t super close, but I am around you often so I guess you can say I’m getting use to your presence so I don’t mind some skin ship between us. As for the jokes and teasing, I told you, it’s not flirting. I am always that playfully with people that I’m around a lot. That’s just an indication that I’m close enough to you to joke that way. It’s a way for me to get closer to others, by acting this way I guess. I hope you don’t get the wrong idea by this…Do you want me to treat you like how I use to treat you?”

“No…I like how you are right now.” He wasn’t sure if her answer should make him happy or miserable right now.

“As for if you are anything other than a further brother-in-law to me…I guess I consider you a friend? I mean we’re not super close like how Kyuhyun oppa and I are, but that doesn’t mean you can’t be my good friend in the future. We’ve only met a few times and it’s not like our first impression of each other is good anyways. I only see you as Seo’s fiancé and that title alone brings me chills so yeah…Let’s just work on making this friendship work before jumping the gun to the title, being best friend, okay?”

“So you only see me as a friend?” Changmin felt a little disappointed, but he could have guessed this.

“Somewhat, and let’s not forget. You are also my sister’s fiancé.” Victoria let out a bitter laugh. “Not that it’s a bad thing, but honestly to me, you aren’t good enough for her. You’re good looking, smart, rich, charming, and everything that girls want, but you don’t give off that home sweet home feeling girls want. Sorry if I offended you.”

“Is that what you want too?” Changmin looked somewhat hopefully. Maybe if he lets her see a different side of him and get to know her better on a personal level maybe things between them could change…maybe.

“Of course!” Victoria smiled. “All girls want that sweet home. A guy, who would not only be a good husband, but also a best friend to them. Someone they could share their greatest joy and most heartbreaking downfall with. Someone who would always be there for them and someone they could always be there for. That one shining knight!”

“Are you a romantic?” Changmin felt intrigued. This was the first time they were actually talking about personal stuff. It made him happy getting to actually know Victoria instead of hearing about her from others.

“I don’t know. Didn’t you ask this once before too?”  Victoria smiled shyly. It made him want to protect her. She looked so damn cute like that.

Feeling a little uncomfortable by their sudden closeness and his kindness out of nowhere Victoria snapped back to reality. He was biting her head off earlier today and now he’s all friendly. It’s so weird that they are calmly talking about things like normal friends usually do with one another. Maybe they could be good friends after all this Seokyu thing wraps up, if he still wants to be friends after finding out that I used him…

Realizing his hand was still draped around her, she looked up at his hand placement then at him. “Why is your hand still on my shoulder? Take it off before I chop it off.” She smirked jokingly.

“It’s tired! And I’m resting it. I’m getting old you know.” He smiled at her. If she wants to just be friends then he’ll be just that. He doesn’t like the idea, but in this situation he can’t say nothing else. If he broke it off with Seo, what excuse can he give for Victoria to still be around? Her whole purpose of getting close to him was to break him and Seo up. If they break up, will Victoria leave too?

He’ll just have to keep this whole thing up as long as he could while figuring out what she means to him…why is he doing all this for someone like her? Whatever the case is, he’ll get to know her and not let any other guy get to close to her while he finds a way to keep her close. Maybe make her see him as a man, and not a brother-in-law.

Victoria rolled her eyes at his joke. “I know I’m short, but you don’t have to point it out by using my shoulders as an arm rest!”

Taking his hand off her shoulders he held her hand in his, instead. He acted as if it was the most natural thing to do. “What do you want to eat?” He looked around seeing what foods that are available to them.

“Why are you holding my hand?” Victoria looked down at their hand, which was entangled with one another than at him. Giving him a confused look she spoke, “you are so odd…” She tried yanking her hand away, but he held on tight. “We’re not that close for you to hold my hand like this, whenever you want to!”

“You let Kyuhyun hold your hand and touch you. You said you were only friends with him so doesn’t that mean you’ll let all your friends hold your hands and touch you too, as long as it didn’t cross the friendship borderline?” He used her words back at her.

“That’s different!” Victoria still struggled to break free. Damn he’s strong.

“How so? You said I was a friend and you said he was a friend so what’s the difference? Unless you were lying…” Changmin felt a lump in his throat. “You do like him, don’t you?” The words came out bitterly.

“Oh god. No!” Victoria felt sick thinking of liking Kyuhyun. Look what result that had brought. She learned her lesson. “I don’t like Kyuhyun oppa, it’s just that we’ve known each other for a long time and we’re super close. You and I know each other, but at the same time we hardly know each other! Now let go. We’re not close to the point of holding each other’s hands!”

“Do you want to get to know me more?” Changmin pulled her closer to him until their face were inches apart.

“Not particularly…” Victoria muttered, feeling awkward by how close his face was to hers. He is so good looking. So damn good looking. God is so unfair, she thought. She turned away and looked at the other direction, but stopped struggling to break free since it’s useless. He’s too strong.

“That hurts…” He held onto her even tighter. Turning her face towards him until her eyes met his, he spoke in a soft tantalizing whisper. “But I want to get to know you more. Get to know everything about you, Victoria Song.” The way her name rolled off his tongue sounds so tainted that it brought her shivers. His promising words left her confused for a moment. She was lost in his smothering gaze. God is so damn unfair, she thought as she studied his face for a few seconds.

His next few words snapped her back to reality. “Let’s get some food in you. You’re already skinny as is, we can’t let you starve. You’ll be a walking skeleton if I don’t feed you soon.” He smiled at her sweetly and pulled away from her. Pulling on her arm gently he ushered her to walk beside him as he look around for what food stalls are available.

What was that all about?! Victoria shook her head. Unsure of why she was in a daze by his words and the look in his eyes when he stared at her that way. That was weird…Speaking in a calm tone she tried sounding unfazed by his earlier actions, but was failing. He could tell she was shaken up by their closeness. At least she’s slowly beginning to be conscious of him. “I wouldn’t talk if I were you. You’re damn skinny yourself.”

“But I’m muscular,” he lifted his shirt slightly, revealing his hard abs to her. It made her roll her eyes at his actions.

“I wouldn’t say that.” Victoria mocked teasingly. She was herself again. Thank the heavens. That small moment they had back then just probably took her by surprised that’s all. His sudden closeness and his words were so…she couldn’t put it into words, but she was just lost in the moment for a second there.

Seeing Changmin glare and growl at her comment she smiled at him and looked ahead. Seeing two very familiar figure in the distance she spotted Kyuhyun and Seohyun sitting at a table nearby. Without much thought she pulled and yanked Changmin’s hand with all her might, dashing the opposite direction of where they sat. “I rather eat something over there instead!” She spoke, trying not to sound panicky.

“There’s no food stalls over here though…” Changmin looked around, still following behind Victoria.

“Not here, but in the other area….” Victoria tried thinking of an excuse. “The other side there is! The other adventure area.” She zigzagged through the crowd of people with Changmin, their hands held each other’s tightly. Not wanting to lose sight of one another.

“You want to go all the way there for food? They have the same foods there and here.” Changmin looked confused, but didn’t stop her.

“But I want food over there!” Victoria slowed her pace, knowing she had gone far enough. Taking a breather she stood there and looked around. This time Changmin was ready to stop when Victoria did so that he wouldn’t make her fall again. Looking down she saw her hand still holding his tightly. She yanked her hand away from his, immediately. “We don’t need to hold hands anymore, we’re almost at the food stand.”

“We can still lose sight of each other,” he grabbed her hand once more, holding on firmly.

Victoria tried to pull away, but this time he had his guard up. He wasn’t letting go. “I’m not a child you know. I won’t get lost. And you’re taller than most guys here so it’s easy to spot you!”

“It’s crowded.” He pulled her closer to him. “We can still lose sight of each other. Now let’s stop bickering and get some food. I’m hungry.”

“Whatever.” Victoria rolled her eyes and began walking up to stall after stall, looking at the menu to see what foods each of them offered. After a passing a few stalls, she couldn’t decide what she wants to eat. Looking at Changmin she shrugged her shoulders. “I don’t know what to eat! So many choices. Do you know what you want?”

“I don’t really care. I’m not really picky.” He lied. He was really picky, but he didn’t want her find out. “How about you find a table and I’ll just order a bunch of food and bring it over?”

“But you don’t even know what I want to eat, how are you going to order for me?” Victoria still scanning the menu signs above her head.

“I’ll just pick for you. We’ve been standing here for 10 minutes now. At this rate we won’t be eating lunch until nightfall.” For some unknown reason he wanted to touch her. Rubbing her stomach with his other hand he spoke once more, “and your tummy is rumbling a lot. You should feed it soon.”

Victoria arched her eyebrows, flabbergasted by his action. “Uhh…what do you think you’re doing?”

“Being intimate with you.” He gave her a half smirk.

“I rather you not. Now keep your hands to yourself, mister! We aren’t that close.” Victoria shook her head in disapproval.

“You let Kyuhyun touch you, why can’t I?” Changmin tilted his head and looked at her, giving her a dissatisfied expression.

“And I told you. I’m closer to him than I am with you. I have known him longer too. Stop using him as an excuse for your erted actions!” Victoria took a step back, but his hands were still holding hers. “And besides you’re my sister’s fiancé…it’s weird.”

“So if I wasn’t your sister’s fiancé, it’d be okay?” He spoke in a firm voice. There was no trace of it being a joke in his tone.

“What?” She widen her eyes in shock by his words. What in the world is he talking about? Her mind went blank for a second, unable to understand what he meant by his words. Is he joking or being serious here…

“Just joking,” he ran his finger through her hair, but there was still no sign of it being a joke. “I want you to become closer to me. I want you to get to know me more...” He began making little circles in the palm of her hand, indicating that he was very much still holding. Tempting her with this small action.

“I’ll think about it.” Victoria rolled her eyes and look ahead once more. She could sit here and contemplate his words, but that would take all day. She just doesn’t know what he’s thinking…he’s such an oddball. “How about you go find a table and I’ll go buy the food for us?”

“How about no…” Changmin stood closer to Victoria. His front pressed against her back. His words were lurking against her ears, ringing softly. “It’s the guy’s job to buy the food.”

“That only happens when two people are on a date. This isn’t a date.” She turned her head slightly and gave him a mocking smile. Her words stung him and he hated it. He knew it wasn’t a date, but still…

“You are so not cute…” He pulled away, pouting.

“Oy, oy! Don’t compare me to your other girls. They might be cute and do things to please you, but you are merely my sister’s fiancé, a person I am semi-friends with. Don’t get ahead of yourself now with that big head of yours thinking you can bend me to your will, using that good looking face of yours and that breathtaking smile of yours like you do to all the other girls out there who are swooned by you. I am not easily charmed or swayed by men who are good looking.”

“I know that.” He muttered bitterly. If she was easily to get ahold of, he wouldn’t be so intrigued by her. “I’ll buy the food.” He instructed once more.

“Why are you such a persistent little bugger? Can’t you be a good boy and listen to my words this once? Is it so bad to accept kindness from me?” Victoria spoke as if she was talking to a child.

“Don’t talk to me as if I am a child. It’s not that…I just rather buy it for you. You did invite me and all.” He smiled at her. Taking his hand off hers, he her cheeks once. “I don’t want to be good when you’re around.”

“Weirdo.” Victoria felt a sense of cold chill running down her spine the moment he touched her cheeks. She was going to pull away, but he did it first after brushing his fingers against her cheeks gently. Her cheeks felt really hot for some reason. “Fine. Whatever! I want the teriyaki burger, with fries and a coke. I also want to try the spicy ddeokbokki, with extra fish cakes and eggs on that please.” She turned away searching for an empty table.

“Can you even finish all of that?” He was surprised by her eating abilities. He saw her eat a lot for breakfast that time she cooked for him, but he just assumed it was because she was hungry. Does she normally always eat this much? Girls that he knew or had gone on dates with always ordered a little bit of food here and there, never finishing what’s on their plate. They were trying to look as though they have a small appetite in front of him.

“Nope. But you’re going to help me right?” she turned facing him. She gave him a half smirk. A smile that made him unable to think for a moment. “I see an empty table!”

Before she could dash off towards it, he touched her cheeks once more with his hand. Brushing his hand softly against her cold cheeks, in a few small intimate . He spoke in a sweet tantalizing whisper. “I’ll meet you there in a bit.” Turning away, he got in line a few feet away as if nothing had happened. Leaving her mind blank.

After a few seconds, she finally regained her rationality back. Turning away she walked quickly towards the empty table she had spotted moments earlier. What was that all about! Seriously why does he keep touching me like that and what’s up with him being so sweet all of a sudden. She slapped her cheeks with her palm. It was flustered. She could tell. It was on fire. But why...

He is such a weirdo. His actions and words are confusing to understand sometimes. What does it all mean…? Why is he touching her so casually all of a sudden and looking at her that way…Shivers ran down her spine thinking of his touch against her cheeks just now, all warm and tantalizingly….how nauseating. People don’t usually treat their sister-in-law, this way…

♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡

 

 “Is seafood pizza okay with you? I know you hate eating burgers and all. I remember you use to tell me and Minho we’d die if we put that junk in our system.”

“Yeah. That’s fine.” She looked down on the ground, trying to hide the smile that’s forming on her face. Him remembering everything about her even after all these years, made her happy. It was a good feeling knowing he still thinks of her. It was bad to be this happy, she told herself. Don’t smile because of him, stupid! You’re getting too happy over this!

Not knowing why, but she told a small lie. “To tell you the truth I actually hate eating pizza too.” Seohyun looked up at him, giving him a weak smile.

“Oh really? I remember you use to like it only if it has seafood on it. If you don’t want it then what do you want to eat, I’ll go order it?” He asked stand there waiting for her to make a decision.

“People’s personality changes over time let alone their taste in food. I think I’ll eat a burger today.” She wanted to do everything the opposite of how he remembered her to be. She doesn’t want him to remember everything about her. It hurts.

Unsure why Seohyun suddenly said that, but he does know for a fact that she really does hate burgers. She hated it since she found out what was in it, and how unhealthy they were so why is she forcing herself to eat one? “I’ll just get both, the burger and the pizza then.”

“That’s a waste of money,” Seohyun complained. Not that it was her money or anything, but still.

“It’s okay.” He knew she didn’t like burgers, but forcing herself to do so. He’s not sure why, but he’ll just get both so at least she can eat the pizza once she takes a bite of the burger and realized how much she hates it. She’s so damn stubborn sometimes, it’s one of the traits he adored and yet hate so much.

Before she could protest any further, he disappeared towards the line. “Why do you still remember so much about me,” she whispered. “How nostalgic is all this...”

A few minutes later he came back, bringing two trays in each hand. One containing pizza, while the other one had two burger, two fries and two sodas. “Thanks” she whispered, looking down at the tray with burgers he had just placed in front of her.

She always lecture Victoria about eating such bad things like burgers and that she’ll die one day from the high cholesterol and heart problems it contain. And yet today she’s eating one. Swallowing hard, she held up the burger and took a small bite of it.

Kyu watched her attentively as she took a small nibble of the burger, forcing herself to smile at him she made a ‘yum’ sound. Seeing her like this he couldn’t help, but laugh at her facial expression. She was so damn cute. After calming himself down he reached up and placed his hand on the burger, stopping her from taking another bite. “I don’t know why you wanted to order this, but don’t force yourself to eat it if you don’t like it.”

“But I do like it though,” she lied. The feeling of how well he knew her, hurts so damn bad.

“Liar!” He pulled the burger away from her slowly, but she pulled it back. “I can tell you were forcing yourself to like it. I don’t know why you were doing that, but it is okay to hate something you know.”

“I’m not lying.” She was about to bend down and take a bite of her burger, but he leaned over and took a big bite of it before she could. Still inches away from her, he looked over at her and gave her a half smirk. It made her breathing stop for that one moment. Their close distance was unbearable.

In between chews he spoke, “eat the pizza…it’ll get cold…if you don’t.” He took his other hand and placed it on top of her hand and took another bite of the burger. The sudden contact of their hands made her flinch and the adoring look in his eyes made it even harder for her to breathe. It made her heart beat go wild.

Pulling her hand from under his, Seohyun looked towards the food on the table. Calm down, she told herself, why are you beating so loudly? You’re over him! He’s the past and Changmin is the future…

Picking up a slice of pizza she took a bite, but could barely taste what she was eating. She stared at the food as she ate not daring to look up at him. She was scared he could see her flushed cheeks. She was scared he could see her feelings and the fear written on her face. Things she had tried so hard to hold deep in her heart all these years.

“Is the pizza good?” Kyuhyun looked amused as he looked over at Seohyun, whose cheeks were bright red. So I do still have some effect on her, he thought as a wide grin spread across his cheeks. He looked extremely pleased by this.

“It’s decent,” she answered without looking at him.

“Is anything ever good enough for you?” He asked in a teasing manner. Seohyun was always hard to please. Even when they were dating things could never completely satisfy her 100% of the time, but even so he loves giving into her demands. He loves seeing that fulfilling smile when she gets what she wants. He loves everything about her. The good and the bad.

She took a deep breath, collecting all her courage she looked up at him. In a stern hard tone she spoke, “Changmin is good enough for me.” She felt a sharp ping in her heart as she said that line, but she needed to remind him along with herself who she’s with. Who she’s getting married to and who her heart should belong to...

“I know” he whispered, giving her a sad smile.

It made her heart ache even more seeing him like this, but she knew she did a good job by saying that. She forced herself to give him a bright smile, but inside she wanted to cry. That agonizing look he gave her, shattered her. Her heart hated her for making him make such a face. Why are you doing this to me, stupid heart? Why are you still hurting because of him? Victoria loves him you know…The way she looks at him, even now, she still loves him. She just wants you to be happy that’s why she’s telling you she’s over him, but she’s not! Stop beating for him…please….she begged. Looking away from him she continued eating. Ignoring the cries of her own heart.

After a few minutes had gone by without a word Kyuhyun wanted to break the silence once again. Victoria was right. If he really wanted Seo back, he should keep trying instead of giving up and running away the instant he feels rejection from her. Wasn’t that one of the reasons why she finally agreed to date him? It was because of his stubbornness and constant chasing that made her heart finally give in to his.

“Do you still like to play the piano?” He asked. Trying to steer the conversation away from the fiancé topic.

Seohyun was startled by Kyu’s sudden question. She didn’t think he’d want to talk to her again after hearing her talk about Changmin, but she guessed wrong. “Uhhh…I do still play every now and then. You know, with work and all, it pretty much takes all of my time.”

“That’s good to hear. It would have been a shame if you quit. You were really good at it.”

“Really?” She wanted to hide how happy she was from his compliment, but she failed. She had this huge grin on her face that wouldn’t go away.

“Yeah.” He smiled and nodded his head. His words made her heart squeeze.

He knows everything about her. He knows so much that it hurts. Even after all these years he still remembers so much about me…she gave him a weak smile, but didn’t say anything. She wondered if it hurts him the way it does her when they talk to each other like this. She wanted to know, but didn’t dare to ask. Nostalgia leaves such a sweet yet bitter taste in your mouth. “Do you still like going to karaoke bars? You were always into singing.” She looked at him for a reaction.

“Haha!” He laughed and right then, she knew it didn’t affect him the way it affected her when they talk to one another after so long. “I haven’t done that in years…” He replied and continued to laugh. It was so infectious like always.

“So that’s a no?” She rested her head on her arms and looked over at him. She was fixated on him. His laughter. His expression. His everything was just like before. He looked so damn happy and it pains her so much to see this. He wasn’t hurt like she was when they talk, but he was the opposite. He was happy they were talking. Why? She wondered. How can he be happy talking to his ex? Doesn’t he feel anything when he talks to me? Has he really forgotten me? Did you really stop loving me? If not, then how can you be so natural around me? As things hasn’t changed between us…

“Nope. I rarely have time to breathe let alone sing.” He looked at her. She had this look in her expression. It looked as if she wanted to cry, but holding herself back. It made him want to reach over and touch her, but he held himself back. She wasn’t his to touch.

“Don’t you ever sing to any of the girls you dated?” The words came out soft and low, a feeble mumble. “Serenade any of them?” She knew she shouldn’t ask this, but she wanted to know. Her heart wanted to know. Has he ever sang to them like he did to her back then? The sweet voice that rang through the phone back then made her melt, singing her sweet lullabies until she fell sleep. Did he do this to other girls too? She wondered. Her heart tightened at this thought. It made it harder to breathe thinking that someone else might have taken her place in his heart all these years.

During all those years they were apart, of all the girls he dated, has anyone of them taken her place because for her…She closed her eyes not wanting to finish her thoughts. She wanted to push the feelings and words far away. She didn’t want to cross the line and go there. Stop this Seohyun…why do you want to know?! He’s the past…

“No.” His answer made her open her eyes. She was relief, but didn’t want him to know. It was as if he could read her mind, but he answered the question she was dying to know. “You were the only one I did those things for, but that was the past.” He gave her a bitter chuckle, “you have Changmin to do those things for you now.”

Stop that, she told herself as her heart tighten even more by his words. The lump in didn’t want those words to come out, but she forced them out. “Yeah. Changmin does sing to me,” she lied.

Looking down at the table she stared into space, lost in her own thought. It was true that she and Changmin are engaged, but they don’t have anything that normal couples have. They weren’t in love. They could be in love with one another one day, but…she doesn’t know if that’s even a possibility. Love is about trying and they don’t try. He lives his life, she lives hers. This was their agreement from the start.

Adding to the confusion of all this is her old memories and feelings come rushing back to her in an instant because she’s here alone with her ex. Being around him, even for this little moment made her heart feel conflicted and torn  between the past and the present. Being around him made it difficult for her to be rational because her heart gets shaken up easily by his words and actions.

Truthfully Changmin had the perfect timing. He walked into her life around the right time when things were becoming difficult. She agreed to his deal easily without much consideration because it was a time when she felt like it was becoming harder to move on from Kyuhyun.

During that time she had heard rumors about Kyu was getting engaged and it hurts like hell. Even though they had broken up for a long time now and dated other people, but still…a part of her always thought that maybe he would never get married because he was still waiting for her…Just maybe he was still waiting for her to return to his side. That all those people that she dated, that he dated meant nothing. But this rumor shook her world and made her realized that he’s moved on, completely.

If he has moved on she should too. She took up Changmin’s proposition about a relationship in black and white with no strings attached. He got his freedom and she could show the world, show Kyu, that she’s moved on.

When she found out that the news about Kyu getting engaged was a fake rumor she wanted to call things off with Changmin, but decided on taking their relationship a step further by getting engaged instead because Victoria was finally coming home after all these years.

Seo has often wondered if Victoria still loved Kyu because if she’s over him like she has stated, then why hasn’t she come back after all this years. If she’s moved on then why hasn’t she seriously dated any guys?

Seo felt that if this time around if she wasn’t in the picture then Victoria might be with Kyuhyun. She kept telling herself that this time around if she push Victoria and Kyu together, then Victoria won’t have an excuse to leave again. She won’t leave me anymore. Even though Victoria has said that she doesn’t’ love Kyu anymore, Seo always told herself that it was a lie that Victoria was feeding her to make her happy. If she got engaged to Changmin, it’ll show Victoria that she has moved on so Victoria should move forward with Kyu because she won’t be in the way anymore.

She has thought all these things and planned all this out before Victoria came back, but once Victoria was actually back, things became even more complex. Victoria kept talking about Kyu in front of Seo and kept trying to remind Seo of their past. Things Seo has been trying to forget all this time. She hated anything related to Kyu and hated talking about him let alone being with him, but Victoria isn’t giving her any pity. Victoria has ruined Seo’s plans of bringing Victoria and Kyu together.  

Look at where Seo is now. She’s sitting across from her ex in an adventure park that they went to on their first date. Victoria left Seohyun alone with the person she didn’t want to be with the most, and that was Kyu. She hasn’t talked to him in years and it’s difficult to be around him let alone make decent conversation with him as if nothing has happened. When they do try to talk to one another, old memories reappeared in her thoughts and she begins to have thoughts of being with him again. Because of Victoria, her mind is now in complete chaos and her heart is slowly taking control…

♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡

 

“Oh what is this?” Victoria’s eyes brighten up when the food appeared. She pointed to a huge blue plate on the tray.

Placing the trays on the table, Changmin sat down across from Victoria. “Kimchee seafood fried rice. It looked good so I bought it. Do you like seafood?”

“You have no clue!” Victoria wrinkled her nose cutely. “I love, love, love seafood.”

“Good to know,” he smiled at her cute behavior.

“Let’s eat the ddeokbokki first since it won’t taste good cold.” Victoria handed Changmin a toothpick and grabbed one for herself. “Thanks for the meal,” she whispered and poked her toothpick into a few pieces of rice cake and placed it into , greedily. After chewing a few times she began moving her body in a dancing motion back and forth. Her eyes brighten up and she gave him a thumps up sign while humming some tune in satisfaction.

It made Changmin chuckle seeing her like this. She looks like a kid while eating. She’s so happy and it’s an adorable sight to see. He wanted to see this side of her more often. “Do you always look so happy when you’re eat something you like?”

“Only if it’s good food,” Victoria nodded her head and stabbed a piece of rice cake and fish cake onto her toothpick.

“The food you made the other day was delicious too. Why didn’t you dance like that at my house?” He took a bite of the rice cake to see if it was as good as Victoria had made it seem. It was good, but he wouldn’t as far as to say it was the greatest rice cake he has ever tasted.

“I eat my own cooking too often. It’s not special anymore, but this…,” she poked her toothpick into another piece, “is heavenly. It’s always better when someone else makes it and all you have to do is eat it.” 

“I don’t get what’s so great about it,” he stabbed another. Remembering that he did promise to help her eat.

Victoria shook her head, “you just don’t get it. When you have lived far away from Korea for as long as I have, coming back and actually tasting the real authentic taste of the dish is a hundred times more satisfying. You’ll understand my pain once you have left Korea for a long period of time. They have this in America too, but it’s not the same as actually eating it here.”

“I guess.” He shrugged his shoulders. He didn’t understand, but it didn’t matter. She looked so damn pleased eating this and this alone made him happy seeing her like this. It makes him smile seeing her eat while doing that ridiculously cute dance. After a few minutes had gone by without a word exchanged between them he felt kind of lonely since Victoria seemed like she enjoyed the food more than his company. She hasn’t said a damn thing after that. “Do you have anything you don’t like to eat?” He asked. He just wanted her to pay some attention to him instead of the food.

“Bugs” she made a disgusted face. He thought that expression was cute too. He couldn’t help himself, but chuckle seeing her appalled expression.

“Bugs?” He asked in a surprised tone. He was uncertain of what she has been eating in the states, but the last time he checked they don’t offer that sort of exotic dish in any restaurants there.

“Yeah!” Victoria semi-shouted and nodded her head. “During college some of my friends and I would go traveling during school breaks. During one summer we decided to go to Thailand and one of their delicacy were bugs…” she gave him a disgusted look and shook her head in disapproval. “I don’t know how people can touch it let along eat it. Bugs are icky.” She pouted.

“Icky?” He laughed loudly at her choice of vocabulary. It was like a child, but for some reason he was happy knowing her weak spot. “So bugs aren’t your thing.”

“Yeah! I hate them. They’re disgusted, little creepy crawly things,” she wiggled her fingers and made a crawling gesture on the table with them as she spoke. “They’re gross. Look,” she held her arms out for him to see. “Just talking about them gives me Goosebumps all over.”

“Okay, okay. I’ll change the topic. You went with friends…what kind of friends?” Even though they’ve been talking, this was the main thing his mind was focused on. He was cautiously wording his question. He pretended he didn’t care about who she went with, but inside he was dying to know if she always casually went traveling with other guys like that.

“I’d always go with at least two or more friends. It’s always fun to travel with others. There are also guy friends too, but that’s only sometimes. Most of the time it’s just us girls.” She answered honestly. She cut the burger in half and handed half of it to Changmin before taking a bite of her piece. “This burger is good too!”

“Thanks…” he smiled weakly. He didn’t seem too pleased knowing she went traveling with guys too, but he tried not to look the part. “Did you live alone in the states?” He wanted to steer the conversation to something else because he didn’t want to know any more about Victoria and her traveling companion at this point. So many questions were running through his mind, did they sleep in the same room? Did they sleep on the same bed? Did they go swimming together? Did they feed each other…argh…

“Nope. I had two roommates back in the states. They’re pretty cool.” Victoria answered and took another bite of her burger. Her answer didn’t surprise him. He knew this already since he did a background search on her. “They promised they’ll come visit me next year after they get some time off from work. I’m pretty excited to see them again!” Victoria stomped her feet, expressing her excitement.

“Oh, so you still talk to your friends from the states.” He wanted to ask if she still talked to any guy friends from the state, but he didn’t want to be too obvious that he was hung up on her and other guys. He’ll just have his secretary do some research on Victoria’s phone record.

“I still talk to some of them.” Victoria was kind of amused by Changmin expression. He had this conflicting look in his face. He looked like he had a lot to ask, but always stopping himself from doing so. He is so not an honest one. Seriously, Seohyun’s taste in men has changed drastically over the years. From a good man like Kyu to an odd ball like Changmin. Victoria shook her head. She doesn’t get it. Why him and not Kyu oppa.

She admits. Changmin probably has his good points too, but still…no one would suit Seo unni better than Kyu oppa. I know it. She knows it, the whole world knows it. It’s just that they’re too foolish to acknowledge it. If you hold back on love because of fear then it’ll get snatched away from right under your nose by someone else. It’ll leave you regretful and lonely as to why didn’t you have the courage to chase after it when you had the chance.

“Don’t eat anymore rice cake. You’ll get full.” Changmin handed Victoria a spoon, “eat some rice.”

“Thanks.”

“You’re welcome.” After seeing her eat several spoonful of fried rice while dancing happily, he let out a small chuckle and began eating his own share of the rice. “So did you date a lot in the states?” He just had to ask this. Since they were on the topic of her living in America, might as well go for it and ask. Trying to sound as though it’s a normal subject he added on before Victoria could answer “well you did live there for a long time and all. I just kind of wondered if you had any experienced with dating a foreigner that’s all.”

Victoria let out a small giggle. “Yeah I dated here and there, but nothing too serious though. I have yet to find that one where I thought ‘ahh, I could imagine spending the rest of my life with this person’ like Seohyun has.” Looking at him she wanted to see his reaction to her last statement. He shifted in his seat looking uneasily, but show no sign of agreeing with it. Giving him a curious look she asked a question in return. “What made you pick Seo unnie out of all the bride candidate?”

“I don’t know. Probably because she seems nice and I know her brother.” He lied. He knew damn well why he picked her and nice wasn’t one of the reasons.

Victoria looked at him as if he was stupid and spoke in a sarcastic tone, “so from a picture you thought my sister looked ‘nice’? So what, did the other girls dress up as devils or something?” Before he could rebut her comment she spoke again, “isn’t knowing the brother the reason why you shouldn’t pick her?”

He raised an eyebrow at her and spoke mockingly, “how about you? Aren’t you in love with your brother’s best friend?” Hinting at Kyuhyun.

“How many times do I have to tell you? There is nothing between Kyu oppa and me, get that through your thick head.” Victoria glared at him and rolled her eyes. “You have such a one-minded track for a brain. You only believe in your reasoning and logic. It’s like you don’t even hear the words coming out of my mouth.”

He chuckled at her statement. In a low mutter he spoke harshly, “if you didn’t act so affectionately towards him, people wouldn’t be misunderstanding your actions as something more.”

“Are you lecturing me on how I should act towards my friends?” Victoria snapped.

“No. I’m just saying that your actions could lead to confusions.” He gave her a cocky smile and continued. “And to answer your earlier questions. I picked Seohyun because I have met her once or twice when Minho brought her along to our hang outs. I just thought I’d give it a chance with her that’s all.”

“Hmmm…” Victoria ponders for a few seconds before speaking. “I get what you’re trying to say about how my actions could lead to confusion, but as long as I know there’s nothing between us, that’s good enough. People can say what they want. It doesn’t bother me how they judge me. And besides, it’s their mouths. Even if I explain to them about my friendships, will they even bother to listen? They believe what they believe regardless of the truth.”

“Does he think this way too?” Changmin looked at her doubtfully. “For all you know, he could be in love with you.”

Victoria laughed loudly and shook her head, “Kyu oppa loving me? Haha! Don’t make me laugh. That’s not ever going to happen. I could never be with him and he will never be with me, either.”

“How can you be so sure?” You guys seemed pretty close back then. For all you know he could be in love with you and you could have fallen in love with him too, but you’re just in denial.” Changmin shifted in his seat. He felt uncomfortable talking about this subject, but something inside him wants to force this issue on her. Victoria was hiding something. He could feel it, but doesn’t know what it is that she’s hiding. Her round about ways makes things all the more suspicious.

“I’ve known him for a long time. Of course I’d be comfortable around him, silly. He’s like a brother to me. And as for the possibilities of me and him being more than what we are, there’s a 0% chance of that and I’m confident in that.” Victoria gave Changmin a reassuring smile.

I did love him, but not anymore. At least not in that way anymore. Instead of calling it love, it is more like I have come to admire Kyu oppa now. His dedication towards Seo unnie made me realize that love is more than just the feelings you get. It’s about accepting the person for who they are, flaws and all. Loving them for who they are instead of changing them to who you want them to be. Well at least the old Kyu oppa would think this way. The new one is just too scared of getting hurt and rejected again to want to go forward at times.

To be honest, I’m actually happy now. I don’t see Kyu that way anymore. The thought of being with him hasn’t crossed my mind for years now. The feeling after seeing him again just didn’t feel the same like before. The love I have had for him years ago, disappeared with time. All that’s left is regret. How my actions had made him feel so sad and lonely all these years. How lonely I made them both feel.

“You’re certain there’s no chance?” He felt extremely happy hearing this. He couldn’t hide the happiness in his voice.

“Positively.” She nodded. Kyu is only meant for Seo and no one else. I will make damn sure that they realized that no matter what it takes. Even if it means making everyone my enemy, I have to make them come to their senses.

Changing the topic he wanted to steer the conversation to a lighter one. “You’ve been back for a while now and I heard you’ve finally got a job offer, Congratulations.”

“Uhh….” Victoria looked bewildered by Changmin’s statement. How the hell does he know this? “Who did you hear that from?” Victoria only told a handful of people and she knows damn well Changmin wasn’t one of them.

“Taecyeon.”

“What a nosy he is.” Just then her phone rang. Looking at her phone she rolled her eyes and muttered “speaking of the devil. If you’ll excuse me for a second.”

Turning away she picked up her phone and answered. “Hey nosy ...Opps. Haha, sorry Jess! I thought it was that damn fiancé of yours…haha. No. Not really, why…What, tomorrow...Yeah I’ll go. Who’s all going to be there though…What?! Errr…let me think about it.” Victoria rolled her eyes and sounded weary as she continued. “I know you guys love me and all, but you don’t need to set me up on blind dates like this…The moment I come back from the states you all want to play matchmaker for the lonely single Victoria…Can’t you guys let me take a breather before throwing me into the pits of hell…yeah, yeah…I am sure I can find a perfectly good man by myself, thank you very much! Haha…seriously? Ahhh, what a tempting offer you have there, my friend…yeah I’ll come. See you guys tomorrow. Don’t except too much out of me though, okay?!...bye, love you too.”

During the conversation between Victoria and her friend, Changmin could only hear Victoria’s part and from the things she was saying, he didn’t like what he heard one bit. It made him irritated. Why should he care if she goes on date? Why am I so worked up over this? She’s just a stupid girl, she can do what she wants. He doesn’t care.

The more he thought about this the more his face twisted in disgust thinking of Victoria going on dates set up by her friends, but as she said her goodbyes, he relaxed his face and calmed down. He tried to look as if he was unaffected by what he had just heard. He tried sounding as composed as he could as he asked, “you’re attending blind dates?” . The words he wanted to ask has come out, but not the way he wanted it to.

“That’s a nice hobby you have there, Mister Eavesdropper.” She gave him a playful smile, and shook her fingers in a disapproval gesture.

He smiled weakly. His tone was low, “so…are you going?”

“I suppose I am. All my friends will be there and they wanted me to meet some new friends that’s all. It’s not a date! Just a group hang out that’s all!” She emphasized the last two sentence in an exaggerating gesture.

“Oh...” He couldn’t hide how unhappy he was about this situation. ‘If they are bringing friends, you can bring me too. I am your friend aren’t I?’ He wanted to tell her about his own brilliant idea, but he didn’t want to sound desperate by begging her to take him along so he stopped himself from saying it. He still has his pride and ego to consider. It’s just a little bruised, but they are both here.

“Since we’re both done eating, how about we go on a few rides before it gets dark. We can’t sit here and talk all day you know. Time’s wasting!” Victoria got up and began clearing the table.

♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡

 

Her arms were on the table and her head was still rested on it. Looking up at him she stared at the man before her. After a few minutes of staring the words that left could not be taken back. “Why did you leave?” The words came out before she could stop herself. She didn’t know what took over her, but seeing him across from her like this made it hard for her to breathe let alone think. The question she’s been holding back all these years came out without much thought.

“Huh?” Kyu felt confused by Seo’s statement. He wasn’t going anywhere. He’s here right now…

“Never mind,” she widen her eyes in horror by the words that came out of . Sitting up straight, she stood up from the table and shouted, “I’ll be back I have to go to the bathroom.” Why did she say that? Why…stupid nostalgia making her say weird things.

Not understand what’s going on, but he knew something was going on with Seohyun by the way she’s acting. He felt that she was hiding something from him. Standing up he took a hold of her arm before she could get very far. He spoke in a rush, “what do you mean by leave? I never left.”

Damn her…how can she avoid this now. “I said the wrong thing. Just ignore what I just said.” She felt her voice become shakier and her nerves began coiling up inside her. Damn it. She screwed up with this one.

“I’m not going to ignore it. What do you mean by why did I leave?” Kyu held onto Seo’s arm tightly not wanting to let her escape.

“I was stupid for asking that question. It was just something that crossed my mind that’s all. It’s nothing important.” She lied. She still had her head turned away from him, unable to look at him in the eyes. Her fear was slowly consuming her.

“Tell me!” He shouted. “Stop avoiding me. Don’t you think you’ve avoided me for long enough?”

“I avoided you? You avoided me.” She shouted and turned to face him. She gave him a furious look. The look was full of hurt and anger rolled into one.

“We both avoided each other due to awkwardness. I’m sorry if that hurt you, but it hurts me just as much being away from you.” He whispered as if he could read all her emotions piling inside her in an instant. He knew her so damn well…every bit of her. “Tell me what you mean by that question…”

“Why did you leave back then? Why did you walk out when I told you to leave?” She shouted. She didn’t know why, but the tears began swelling in the corner of her eyes, but she held it back. Turning away she didn’t want to cry in front of him. She doesn’t know how long she can hold the tears back. Without thinking she spoke the words her heart has been holding back, “if you stayed instead of leave that time, maybe…I don’t know…maybe things would have been different between us…”

Turning her face towards his, he wiped the fallen tears from her face and gave her this affectionate look. “I was stupid that’s why.” Without another word he slammed his mouth against hers, kissing her roughly as if it was their last kiss. He pulled her body close to him and held her tightly in his arms. His hands were firmly pressed against her back holding her in place. She deepened their kissed by rubbing her tongue against his in long pleasurable .

A low lustful groan escaped his mouth, causing her to feel it all the way down there. The pleasing sound made her come back to her senses. Realizing what they were doing she stopped her actions and pushed him away as hard as she could, shouting “stop! I don’t want this…”

“Why?” He looked hurt by her rejection.

“Because…this is a mistake.” She whispered remembering Victoria. “I did love you, but that’s the past. Things change people change. Love can never happen between us. This is a mistake…”

“If that was the case then why bother bringing up the past?” Kyu knew Seo was lying, but it hurts him to hear the words of rejection.

“That’s why I said this was a mistake. Being with you right now brought back all these memories and the nostalgic feelings came back…and I don’t know. I was just caught up in the moment of the past that’s all. This was just a moment thing…It was a mistake to bring up the past. It was a mistake to kiss you. It was all a mistake. I’m sorry.” She whispered. Her stomach was in knots by the lies she just told. “All this was just a in the moment thing.”

“You still love me. I know you do! This wasn’t a mistake. The mistake was letting you go…” Kyu tried to reach for her, but she pushed him away.

“I did love you. Not anymore. Changmin is my rock now. He’s the shoulders I lean on when I need strength not yours. He’s a good fiancé and he’ll make an even greater husband. He’s who I belong too now, not you. We were the past. A past that we can never return to or have back.” Seo took a step back. “Let’s pretend all this never happened.”

“But you don’t love him. I know you don’t. You still love me, even now. I can see it in your eyes.” Kyu took a step forward. “How can I pretend it didn’t happen?”

“You see what you want to see. Not reality. I was just caught up in the moment that’s all. Nothing more. These type of things happen all the time you know…” Her next statement all the air out of him, feeling as if he’s been shattered to a thousand pieces by her words. “I don’t mind you dating Victoria. She understands you. Understands you more than I ever did. I think you guys would make a good couple. You should try dating her. I found my happiness with Changmin, you should find yours as well. Victoria can make you happy. And I know you can make her happy too. Look towards your future with her, not the past with me. I’m happily engaged already…” She walked away from him heading towards the bathroom.

He wanted to say something, but she was basically saying she has moved on and so should he. That all this was just the heat of the moment. She was just caught up in her past that’s all. If he told her that she’s the only one he wants, he’ll only end up being rejected even more than he has already. How many times does he have to be rejected to get it…Haha! She’s so cruel…He let out a bitter laugh.

♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡

 

Pulling on his hand she looked at his watch for the time. Smiling she looked up towards Changmin and spoke. “Let’s go! It’s almost time for the Cosmos Circus Laser show.”

“Okay,” he grabbed her hands, griping it tightly in his. When she looked back, he spoke before she could. He knew she was going to protest this action. “We might get lost so it’s better to hold hands.” He gave her a cunning smirk.

“Whatever,” Victoria shrugged it off and continued to walk ahead. She could stand here and complain to him, but it won’t get them anywhere. The result will still be the same.

During the show, Victoria spotted two shadows that looked very familiar across from her. Oh great! Of all the places, how come they are directly in front of us?! Victoria turned herself around and began walking the opposite direction, hoping Seo and Kyu didn’t spot her. “Let’s watch it from over there,” Victoria pulled onto Changmin’s arms forcefully.

But it was too late. Turning her head slightly to take a peek she saw Seo whispered something to Kyu and pointed towards where Victoria was standing. Damn it! Why is this place so packed at night?! Don’t people have work or school? Victoria pouted. She could barely take a step without bumping into someone let alone think of running in this sort of crowd. Letting out a sigh she smiled and waved at them.

After the show ended they waited until the crowd around them thinned out before approaching one another. “Thank god you guys are here! Where the hell have you been this whole time? We’ve been calling you for the past few hours wondering if you guys were dead or something.” Seohyun looked furious.

“We were having fun on rides and forgot about the time. I think I had my phone on vibrate and Changmin put his on silent earlier.” Victoria lied. Victoria remembered when she heard Changmin’s phone rang earlier. She snatched it away from him without much thought and told him he’s ruining the experience of having a quiet peaceful day by picking up his phone. So after that he turned it off and placed it on silence.

“Well it’s late. Let’s head home.” Seo instructed.

“Uhh sure…” Victoria looked at Seo then at Kyu. They were acting weird. It wasn’t what she had hoped for.

“Can you give me a ride home, honey?” Seohyun gave Changmin a sweet smile and linked her arms with his. He looked somewhat startled by her action.

The nickname was sickening. Victoria’s face twisted in a grimace from the sweetness oozing out of Seo. “What? Why? I can drive you home. We are going to the same destination, hence our house.” Victoria grabbed Seo’s arms.

“So?” Seo pulled away from Victoria. “Just because we are going to the same place doesn’t mean Changmin can’t drive me home.”

“It’s inconvenient to make him drive the opposite direction of his house just to take you home,” was the only excuse Victoria could come up with. “I mean he must be tired from this long day. And to make him drive you home before going home himself must be tiring.”

“Is it wrong that I just want to spend some alone time with my fiancé? I’m not asking for much. I just want him to give me a ride home. I miss him, you know. We were supposed to be here together, but you ran off with him while I was stuck with Kyu.” Seohyun looked at Victoria and spoke in a blaming tone. “If you didn’t drag him away I would have gotten a chance to spend some time alone with him. Instead I was with Kyu all day...”

“Don’t blame me for the lack of time you guys get to spend with one another.” Victoria snapped. She didn’t know why, but she felt angered for Kyu, who was just standing there without a word. Seo makes it sound like spending time with Kyu was so dreadful. It made Victoria mad.

“Well it is your fault for dragging me here. You lied to me about it being us three when it was actually four people. You lied to me saying we’re here to spend time with each other, but you end up leaving me alone for longer than you should have.” Seo yelled back. “I didn’t get to spend any time with Changmin because of your little plan. So isn’t it your fault?”

“Is being with Kyu oppa that unbearable?” Victoria crossed her arms around her chest, holding her stance. “All he ever is, is nice to you. Is it wrong of me to want you guys to get along like before? Why can’t we go back to that time?”

“We can’t turn back time, Victoria. It’s over and done with. Can’t you see how happy I am with my fiancé? Why can’t you be happy for me?”

There was no more reason to play the good person role anymore. Let’s just get straight to the point here. “Fiancé? Since when did you consider yourself engaged to him? You guys don’t even act like a normal couple let alone an engaged one. When was the last time you guys saw one another? When was the last time you guys even do anything remotely close to like what other couples do?” Victoria mocked Seohyun in a sarcastic tone “You act as if you guys actually communicate with one another? Don’t kid yourself. When was the last time you guys actually talk on the phone?  Spend time with one another? You act as if this is the only time you could spend with one another. Don’t tell me you’re a part of his list. Being buddies don’t count as spending time, you know.”

“We’re not buddies. We’re engaged to be married. If we each other, then so what? Isn’t it normal for couples to ? What’s wrong with you? Why are you acting like this?” Seo pulled her hand away from Changmin and stood face to face with Victoria.  Her face was inches away from Victoria. “What’s your problem? Why do you hate us being together so much? And how we act as a couple is none of your god damn business, Victoria.”

“Engaged? Don’t make me laugh. Do you even know what that word means? It’s not what you two are, that’s for sure.” Victoria looked at Seohyun dead in the eyes, “you should ask yourself why I’m acting like this. For what reason am I acting like this. You should ask yourself if this is really what you want. If this is the future you want.”

“It is,” Seohyun turned away from Victoria and grabbed onto Changmin’s arm once more. “He is the future I want. We’ll get married and have kids. I’m happy with how things are. You should find happiness with the person beside you too. You guys look good together.”

“You have got it all sort out, huh? Do you think you’re doing me a favor by doing this? You think that if you let go and got married, I’ll continue where I left off years ago? Ha! You have got to be ing kidding me.” Victoria let out a bitter laugh. “Hahaha. You’re so stupid that it’s pitiful to watch. If you want to drive yourself to the corner, I won’t stop you. Do what you want! Just don’t put me into that senseless strategy of yours thinking you have it all planned out. You’re hopeless. Don’t regret the words you have just said today, unnie because before you know it. I’ll make you regret it.”

“I will do what I want! I won’t regret anything!” Seo grabbed Changmin’s arms and look at up at him, who was stunned by the sudden tension between Victoria and Seohyun. He didn’t understand any of it. “Let’s go,” she muttered to him, dragging him off to the opposite direction of where Victoria stood.

After a few dozen steps, Seo stopped dead in her tracks remembering what she had forgotten. “Oh crap. I forgot my purse and cellphone in the locker room of that one ride. Uhh…can you wait here for a bit, I’ll be back in a few minutes?”

“Sure.” Seeing Seohyun disappear in the crowd, he turned his attention towards Victoria and Kyuhyun in the distance. He couldn’t hear them, but he could see their action. Victoria had a grimace look on her face as she shouted something to Kyuhyun.

Turning her attention towards Kyu, Victoria snapped at him. “How come nothing has progressed? Didn’t you guys have fun walking through memory lane together? How come she’s still saying that I should be with you? What the hell happened?”

“We had fun. Did things, talk about things, but memories of the past are better left in the past.” He gave her a bitter laugh. “I’m happy Changmin can make her happier than I ever can.”

“She’s not happy because of Changmin, stupid. She’s happy because you were with her. Why can’t you see it?” Victoria gave Kyu a pitiful look. “Give her some time. She’s just confused right now, that’s all. She’s just not thinking straight.”

“Even though we were talking about other things, she was always talking about Changmin. She seems happy talking about him. He seems like a good future husband.”

“Why are you being like this now? Why are you being ‘team Changmin’ all of a sudden? Are you seriously rooting for him and Seo unnie to be together? Am I the only one who’s on your team?” Victoria shook her head in dismay. “Changmin might be a good husband, but you can be an even better husband. Are you just blind or do you not want to admit it, Kyu oppa? Are you that scared of being hurt by her again?” Victoria laugh bitterly. “Who would have thought the person I use to admire so much back has become such a coward now.”

“People change Victoria. Call me what you want, but no one wants to be rejected over and over again.” He patted Victoria’s shoulders. “Thanks for all you’ve done. You don’t have to do anything anymore.”

“What?” Why are you suddenly changing your attitude about all this?” Victoria grabbed his hand in hers. “Seriously what happened today? What did she say to you to make you think like this?”

“Nothing. I just realized that she had forgotten long ago and I should do the same. She’s moved on, and I should too. She’s happy and that’s all that matters…” He gave her a faint smile. “I can’t love like I use to Victoria. You might call it being a coward, but that’s how everyone feels at some point in their life. Once you lose something that you have once been so precious to you, it’ll never the same as it once was. It’s hard to have the same courage to chase behind something, the same way you did in the first place. In the back of your mind you are always in fear that it will slip out of your gasp once more. Seohyun is that to me. To have and to lose is more painful than to never have had at all. I don’t want to have her just to lose her all over again.”

“Oppa…” Victoria tightened her grip around him. “Are you really giving up?”

“I don’t know…” He looked at her with sadness. “How can I keep chasing after someone who keeps on rejecting me? She tells me she’s happy. She tells me she’s moved on. She tells me that he’s the one…what do you want me to say to this? Tell her I love her and want her, when she had made it loud and clear that she wants to be with him so I should be content and be with you. Do you still think I would still have the courage to chase after her when she told me she isn’t in love with me anymore, but with someone else?”

“You know she didn’t mean those words…”

“She meant it, Victoria. Every word of it. She really wants us to be together.” He patted her head. “It’s time for me to head home. Drive safely home.” He began walking away just as Changmin appeared beside Victoria.

“Oppa!” Victoria shouted. “Oppa…” She watched him walk away. The lonely back view of a man who’s in pain. “Kyuhyun oppa…” was the last thing she whispered. 

Changmin looked at Kyuhyun then at Victoria. For some reason he understood that there was something going on, and it wasn’t just friendship. The look in Victoria’s eyes watching Kyuhyun walk away made Changmin’s stomach turn, an uneasy feeling crept up inside him. Why is he feeling all this while looking at Victoria watch Kyu walk away?

The way she whispered Kyu’s name felt like someone had stabbed his heart and he didn’t know why. Her soft trembling voice was lace with warmth and care as she whispered Kyuhyun’s name so endearingly.

As he watched them from a distance, the angle where he stood, it looked as though Kyu was kissing Victoria which caused him to rush over without much thought, but upon reaching them, they broke apart. Ahhh, an unknown feeling was growing inside him. A sharp, throbbing feeling was planted inside his heart seeing them together. Could it be jealousy? Nah, it can’t be jealous. This brat can’t make me feel jealous. I’ve never been jealous before. But why is she looking at Kyu that way if there is nothing between them, but friendship?

“Oh, you’re here…” Victoria looked at Changmin and then around him for Seohyun. She was nowhere in sight.

“Yeah…” He managed to mumble, but didn’t dare ask what had happened.

“I’m going to go now. Have a safe trip home.” Victoria dashed off before Changmin could say anymore. She wanted to avoid seeing Seohyun after their fight. She was back at square one with her plan for Seo unnie and Kyu oppa….

♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡

 

Knocking on the door early in the morning the first sight Victoria saw wasn’t what she was expecting. Opening the door as if it was her house. The girl gave Victoria a once over look, eyeing her from head to toes. Victoria stood at the doorway in silence with her arms across her chest, glaring with a furious look at this unknown girl before her who was giving her a stare.

Tilting her head against the door the girl gave Victoria a fake smile. “Are you looking for someone?” The girl’s voice was sweet and oh so fake, but Victoria didn’t reply.

Eyeing the girl from head to toes, Victoria rolled her eyes at the sight. The girl had only a towel wrapped tightly around her body and from what Victoria could see she was a leggy one. Seeing Victoria eyed her goods the girl pulled the towel tighter around herself, slightly feeling flustered. From what Victoria could see, there was probably nothing underneath that towel either. No trace of a bra in sight. Taking her eyes from the girl Victoria leaned back enough so that she can take a good look at the house number, making sure she was at the right place. This was indeed Changmin’s house, but this girl was not Seohyun.

“Who is it?” Changmin came behind the girl and saw Victoria, standing at his door looking extremely pissed off. She narrowed her eyes at him and gave him a death stare.

 

 

 

Uh oh~ someone’s in trouble. What will become of this encounter between Changmin and Victoria? What made Changmin bring a random girl home last night? How will Victoria react? What will happen to Seohyun now that she’s kissed Kyuhyun? This will only lead to more confusion! Is Kyu really going to let Seohyun go a second time? He did say he regretted doing it the first time so why is he doing it again? Ahh, no one likes rejection, but if you don’t try you will never succeed.

 

 

[Author’s Side Note]

(I hope you guys will cut Changmin’s character some slack, at my cliff hanger ending. I just want to point out some facts for all of you guys who might be pissed off at me for how I ended this chapter.

Changmin is not dating Victoria. He has no real obligation to her nor to Seohyun for a matter.  Seohyun and Changmin both have a mutual understanding about what their relationship entailed.

He might have feelings for Victoria, but it’s his first time experience this sort of feeling so he doesn’t know what they are just yet. He believes what he that the reason why he is feeling this way is because he is he’s intrigued with her, not because he likes her in that sort of way. His main interest in her is because she’s not like all the other girls he has met thus far. Yes he’s jealous and possessive, but he doesn’t understand why, just yet. Everything is still new.

And you guys also have to understand that Victoria will never be with Changmin until the day that he and Seohyun are no longer engaged. Since it would be kind of weird to fall in love with your brother-in-law, who you hardly know…Kind of unrealistic, especially since you don’t like him very much.)

 

 Please leave comments~ so that I know what I could do to enhance your reading experience

Happy Thanksgiving everyone ^^