Chapter 7

Entice

[Author’s Side Notes] Miss me? ~~~ Kekeke. Just joking. ^0^

I know it’s been a while since I’ve last updated, but thank you all those who’ve been waiting patiently for me. I know I have said that I’d stop with my long chapter updates, but I did it once again. Once I start writing I just couldn’t stop myself and before I knew it. I have typed roughly about 20 pages…Please forgive me once again for such a long chapter. ^^;;

Happy Chinese New Year’s everyone~~~

May the year of the Horse bring you & your family much happiness, great health, and great prosperity. Enjoy your weekend and don’t party too much, since its Chinese New Year & SuperBowl this weekend. Remember to also spend some time with your family as well. ^o^

 

♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡

 

“Oh it’s you.” Changmin’s tone was icy and harsh. He was disinterest by her presence. He wasn’t in the mood to see her face, right now. He was still sulking and pissed off by what had happened the previous night. “What are you doing here?”

“Don’t you seem happy to see me,” Victoria mocked in a sarcastic tone. He wasn’t the only one who’s not happy about this encounter she wasn’t exactly enthusiastic about seeing him either. Especially seeing him half , topless, with what seems to be hair. “Are you going to let me in or what?” She snapped.

After having such a crappy day yesterday Victoria was in no mood to do anything today, but she has to continue with her plans. Last week ago, she had called to make an appointment for Changmin to get a physical examination today, but she had forgotten all about it until this morning. She had tried calling him earlier, but he didn’t pick up his cellphone so she decided on coming over to his place to appointment instead of waiting for him to call back.

Stepping aside so Victoria could enter. She walked right pass him without a word or look in his direction. He could tell that she was pissed off. But why, he wondered. After Victoria took off her shoes she turned her attention towards the girl beside Changmin.

Getting a real good look at the girl, Victoria eyed her up and down once again. I’ll hand it to her. She’s pretty, but in that sort of plastic surgery kind of way. You can basically get that face and that type body anywhere in Korea, nowadays. It was such a judgmental comment, so out of character for Victoria, but she didn’t care. Making a tsk sound with her lips, Victoria shook her head. This girl can’t even compare to unnie. How can you go from someone so great like Seohyun to this thing? You have got no ing taste, Choi Changmin.

The girl could tell that she was being stared down on by Victoria. It felt uncomfortable. Taking a step to the side, the girl stood behind Changmin with one of her hand wrapped around his bare waist, using him as a defense shield.  She seemed scared of me. That thought made Victoria happy, yeah . You should be scared.

Seeing the girl’s scared expression made Victoria stopped her staring. Quit it, Victoria. Don’t call her names. And Quit looking are her as if you’re going to rip her to pieces. She didn’t do anything wrong. It’s Changmin’s fault for bringing her here, not the girl’s fault.

Taking her attention away from the girl she looked over to Changmin, eyeing him furiously. Yeah, it’s all his fault. “Can you please put on a god damn shirt, no one wants to see that.” Victoria looked down towards where the girls hand were placed. Rolling her eyes she turning away, stomping towards the living room area.

Why does she look so damn pissed off? I should be the one that’s mad, not her. She was the one who had said that there was nothing going on between her and Kyuhyun and yet...Changmin can’t seem to forget the look in Victoria’s eyes as she stared at Kyuhyun’s back view, walking away that night. Remembering the way Victoria had called out Kyu’s name all endearingly made his veins run cold. It was sickening and made his blood boil.

Sitting against the couch cushion with her arms crossed, she looked at Changmin with rage in her eyes. He had walked behind Victoria and came into the living room area as well, with the girl following right behind him. “So who is she?” Victoria asked without hesitation.

“Why does it matter?” He snapped. “Why do you care? You know what my hobbies are already. You’ve done plenty of research and background checks on me already. This shouldn’t surprise you.”

He smacked the girl’s gently and spoke in a loud whisper, loud enough for Victoria to hear. “Go wait in the room. I’ll meet you there soon.” Bending down he gave her a small peck on the lips, but was eyeing Victoria as he kissed the girl. He wanted to see Victoria’s reaction. Hearing the girl giggle after the kiss made Victoria even more pissed off. She rolled her eyes at their affectionate actions.

After the girl had left, Victoria scoff. “Of course I know your hobbies. I’m not surprised that you brought a women home for a round of ing. You always do that, but for god sakes, Changmin. You took my sister home last night and then you go out and bring some home to sleep with you. Don’t you have any ing respect for Seohyun? If you slept with someone the next night or something it’ll be fine, but on the same night as you see my sister you bring someone else home. My ing god. Can’t you take Seohyun into consideration once in awhile?”

He couldn’t help, but let out a bitter laugh upon hearing Victoria’s words. I should have known. Of course she wasn’t jealous because of some girl…she was just mad for Seohyun. That is always the case. I should have ing known. She would never get jealous...

“So what if I brought a girl home after seeing your sister? It has nothing to do with you. It’s not like me and your sister are in a real committed relationship to begin with. We don’t owe each other anything. Why should you care what I do when she doesn’t?” Changmin snapped back. “I can do whatever I want. You don’t have any right to tell me what I could and can’t do.”

Victoria was the one at fault here. She was the one who had pissed him off yesterday, inviting others on their outing without telling him about it. Making him think it was a date between just the two of them, but it wasn’t. It was her fault for looking at Kyuhyun that way infront of him…And on top of all that, she was shamelessly flirting with Kyuhyun as well. Touching him…saying sweet words to him. Changmin didn’t know why, but seeing how she acted that way with another guy made him feel something in his chest that he had never felt before. The tightening of his chest made it hard for him breathe and think. Why does she have such an effect on him? Why?

He didn’t know why his chest was aching, but he knew it was her fault. After taking Seohyun home that night, Changmin wanted to get revenge on Victoria. He wanted to see what Victoria’s reaction would be once she saw him with someone else. So he called a girl he had once hooked up with before and told her to come over.

He wanted Victoria to see it, but her reaction wasn’t what he wanted. He was dumb for wanting to see if Victoria felt anything for him. She wasn’t jealous nor was she hurt by his actions. She didn’t care at all. She was just mad because of Seohyun…always for Seohyun’s sake. Haha. He should have known. She would never get mad at him without it being for Seohyun’s sake. At this point he hates the fact that he’s Seohyun’s fiancé and he just doesn’t know why that is…he hates that title more than anything, but he can’t let it go because if he did Victoria would disappear along with that title. She’s only there because of Seohyun.

“You’re right.” Victoria answered in a low whisper. Her tone was sad. “You’re absolutely right.” He’s right. I don’t have any real say in anything when it comes to what he does. Why do I think I’m always right and he’s always wrong? Who do I think I am? Who am I, to try and control him?

Ha…why am I even trying so hard for Seohyun and Kyuhyun when they both didn’t even give a damn last night? Victoria felt like crying for some reason as these words cross her mind. She wasn’t the weak type, but she was getting frustrated about this whole situation. How come the plans never goes the way she intends for it to go? It’s not like she thinks that one day is enough to patch things up between Seohyun and Kyuhyun, but she didn’t expect to take one step forward just to get pushed back two steps either.

Letting out a sigh Victoria stood up from her spot. Today is just not your day, Victoria. She just can’t deal with this today. She had a long night last night and she didn’t come here this morning just to get lecture by Changmin as well.

 

♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡

 

Hearing several knocks on her door Victoria got up and opened it. Seohyun was standing at her doorway looking furious. As expected, Victoria thought. “You have some explaining to do!” seohyun demanded as she pushed the door wide open so that she could enter the room.

“What’s there to explain?” Victoria answered coldly. She wasn’t mad at Seohyun. She was just mad at herself for not thinking her plan thoroughly before putting it into motion. She never thought she’d see Kyuhyun make such a face again, but she did. It was the same face that made her realize what her mistake had caused him. That face was a sign of heartache and defeat.

“Don’t play dumb with me. You know what I came here to talk about.” Seohyun was pissed off by Victoria’s uncaring nature.

“I wanted to go to the amusement park and I thought that it’d be fun to invite Kyuhyun oppa there too since we use to go there often as kids. The three of us haven’t hung out together in a long time and …” Before Victoria could say anymore, Seohyun interrupted her.

“Stop, Victoria. Can you please stop this nonsense?” Seohyun was tired of Victoria’s excuses.

“Nonsense? Since when is wanting to hang out like old times nonsense?” Victoria knew where Seohyun was heading with this and she didn’t like it.

Seohyun was weary of everything and didn’t need Victoria to make things ‘right’ again because no matter what she does, things will never go back to how it used to be. And Seohyun had already accepted this.  “Can’t you just leave things as they were? Everything was fine before you got here. I’m happy with how things are going right now. Kyuhyun is probably feeling the same way as well. We don’t need you to try and make things better for us. We like how things have been so stop with this ridiculousness and move on because we have.”

“Fine? You guys call that fine than I don’t know what to think…How can I just leave things as is? Do you guys know how miserable you guys look to me? Even if you guys won’t admit it, I know you guys aren’t happy with how things are right now. I just know it…” Victoria was determined to fix things no matter what Seohyun had to say.

“Whether you want to believe it or not we are fine with how things have been going so far, Victoria. If we wanted to fix this we would have done so years ago, but we didn’t because we stopped caring. It’s about time you do the same.”

“Do you know what I found under your bed the other day? The things that you’ve been hiding all these years. The box full of memories. From photos, to gifts, to poems, to stuff animals, and to so much more. You still kept all those things even after all the years that had gone by because you just couldn’t let it go. You’re still holding onto the memories of the past and the happiness at that time and just like you, Kyu oppa is doing the same. Why can’t you both just admit it? He still has…”

Seohyun interrupted Victoria once again. Her voice changed from caring to icy within seconds. “Do I really have to say this to you? Don’t make me say it, Victoria. I don’t want to hurt you.”

Victoria knew she had pushed Seohyun to the corner with her statement, but it didn’t matter. In order to win this battle she has to hold her stance in this game of wits. When she choose to fight this battle she already knew, right from the start, that she was fighting it alone. “What could you possible say to me that would hurt me?”

Semi-shouting, Seohyun spoke harshly. “Stay out of my business, Victoria. Whether you like it or not, Kyuhyun and I are over. Get that through your thick head. Just because you feel guilty for having made a mistake years ago towards us doesn’t mean you can come back and fix it years later. Don’t try to fix us thinking it’ll lessen your guilt if you did. If you feel guilty for the past then that’s your issue not mine. Don’t drag me along with your crazy scheming. Quit being stuck in the past and disrupting the present with your ideas. We’ve moved on so you should do the same. I have a future now and it’s not with Kyu. It’s with Changmin. You can hate him all you want, but your opinions of him doesn’t matter much to me. I have already chosen him so just deal with it. I wanted this marriage. If I didn’t I wouldn’t have agreed to it. I can use my brain you know. I know what I’m doing. I know what Changmin’s fault is, and I’ve come to accept it so you should too. Quit trying to break up my engagement. Quit trying to get me and Kyuhyun back together because that won’t happen. And quit trying to fix something that can’t be fixed.”

Letting out a small sigh she spoke up once more, in a calmer tone. “Can’t you just be a good little sister and watch from the sideline?” Seohyun knew these words would hurt Victoria, but she had to say them. She didn’t want Victoria to push her and Kyuhyun together anymore. She didn’t want to know what she still meant to him nor did she want to know what he still meant to her anymore.

“Haha! You think I’m doing all this to lessen my guilt? Don’t make me laugh. Yeah, I’ll admit. I did make a mistake back then, but I’m not fixing it now because I feel guilty or anything. I am doing it because I love the both of you.  I want you guys to be happy. Do you know how annoying it is to watch two people who still love each other try so hard to deny it because they’re scared of getting hurt again? You guys look so lonely and miserable that it’s depressing to look at. You guys are pathetic with the excuses you guys throw at me. If you want me to believe your words, don’t look at each other the way you guys do. You might have the world fooled, but not me. I grew up with you both. I know when you’re lying. I know you still love each other. You guys are just too afraid to admit it. What is it that you’re afraid of? Are you scared that the love won’t be the same? Are you guys scared to get hurt again? Are you I’ll leave again? What are you really scared of Seohyun…”

“Victoria!” Seohyun yelled. “Have some respect. I’m your unnie. Don’t refer to me by just my first name. And I’m serious here. Just mind your own ing business from now on and quit prying into mine from now on…” Letting out another sigh she looked up towards Victoria. In a low whisper, her voice sounds like a desperate pled as she asked. “Can’t you just be happy for me this once? Just this once…”

Seohyun’s last sentence stung. It reminded Victoria of the past. What do you mean by just once? I was happy for you back then. Even if it did hurt to see the two of you together at that time, I was truly happy that the two people that I love so much have found happiness. I was truly happy for the both of you. ”Do you really think I wasn’t happy for you guys?”

The look in Victoria’s eyes made Seo’s heart ache. She couldn’t utter a reply. She knew she should have answered that she knew Victoria was happy for her, but the truth was, she wasn’t sure if Victoria was ever happy for them or just putting on a brave face. Back then and even now, sometimes the way Victoria looks at Kyuhyun makes me wonder if she had really had gotten over him or is she just saying those words just for my sake. Even now it’s hard to tell.

I mean…how can you possibly be happy when someone else stole the person that you love? How can you wish them real happiness when the person he’s with isn’t you? Because for Seohyun, even if she says she wants Victoria and Kyuhyun to be together, it would break her heart if she saw them together. She could never wish her sister happiness if Kyuhyun and Victoria really do end up togetehr

“I didn’t know I was that selfish in your eyes.” Victoria spoke bitterly. “You think I couldn’t be happy for you just because the person I loved happen to be the same person you love, huh? You know I was happy for you. Even when it hurts at times, I was really happy to see you guys together because when you guys were together I got to see a different side to Kyu oppa that I have never gotten to see before. I got to see that one happy expression he makes only when you’re around. That sweet smile that’s only reserved for you. I knew…I knew you could bring him the happiness that I couldn’t. I didn’t mine losing him to you because it was you who I was losing to. You’re my sister. I didn’t mind giving up my love just to see you two happy…”

Before Seohyun could apologize to Victoria for hurting her, Victoria had already walked out the room, slamming the door shut behind her. Seohyun didn’t want to hurt her sister, but she knew she couldn’t lie to her sister either. Tears swell Seohyun’s eyes as she whispered, “I’m the selfish one because if I were in your spot, I wouldn’t be able to let you have him. I can’t let him go because it hurts, but I can’t be with him either because I’m not confident enough to love again…”

Driving along the dark road that night Victoria wanted to clear her mind. She was upset and wounded by Seohyun’s thoughts of her. She knows she was selfish and uncaring back then, but time away has changed her. She saw things now that she didn’t see back then that’s why she had decided to come back. If she was still in love with Kyuhyun she would have never came back to Korea. She had once told herself a long time ago, that if you’re not over him then don’t you dare go back and see him again because if you are still in love with him, the moment you meet them again your heart will sway and waver. You’ll end up hurting everyone around you again.

 

♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡

 

“I’m right?” Changmin sounded surprised as he repeated Victoria’s statement. He spoke in a happy tone as he smiled with gee. “Of course I’m right! I’m right for once.” Turning his attention to Victoria he saw that she had gotten up from her seat. It caught him by surprised. “Wait, why are you getting up? Where are you going?”

“I’m leaving. Isn’t she waiting for you?” Victoria looked over to the room where the girl had gone in moments earlier. Turning away she grabbed her bag from the couch, tossing it over her shoulders.

He didn’t expect her to agree to his statement so easily let alone get up and leave without a fight. Her reaction today wasn’t like her usual self. Normally she would have yelled at him or ed at him, but today she was doing the opposite of that. She was agreeing with him. She never agrees with him without them both fighting it out first. Without much thought he stood up and grabbed her arms when he saw her take a step away from him. “Wait.”

“What?” Victoria asked.

“What did you come here for?” Changmin asked. He didn’t know what else to say except that since he had just grabbed her on impulse. He really had nothing to say except that he didn’t want her to leave, but he couldn’t say that.

“Oh…well, I made an appointment to have you take a physical examination today, but I think we’ll have to reschedule it for another time since you seem really busy.” She pointed towards the opened door, where the girl had gone into. Her last two words were in a mocking tone as she exaggerated them.

“Why would I need a physical examination? I told you I’m a perfectly healthy male. I have more than enough energy and physical strength.” He flexed his arms, but Victoria didn’t seem too impressed with his actions.

“You’ve made your point.” Victoria rolled her eyes. “Just remember you’re not seventeen anymore. Your stamina and physical strength has limits.”

“Are you worried about me?” Changmin perks up.

“Ha! You wish. I’m just saying.” Victoria pointed towards the room. “Anyways, she’s waiting you know. It’s rude to make a lady wait for you.”

“That’s not my room, you know.” Changmin didn’t know why, but he had the urge to clarify it for some reason. Yes he slept with a lot of girls, but he never slept with any of them in his bedroom nor had he ever been intimate with them after he had slept with them either. Being intimate with them only makes them more attached to him and he didn’t like that.

“I didn’t ask.” Victoria answered.

She didn’t look like she cared at all, which made him feel slightly unhappy. “I know. I just thought I’d say it…” Now he feels stupid for even bringing it up. She wasn’t giving him the reaction he was expecting. What’s going through your mind? He wondered, as he studied her every word and action. Why are you so unpredictable? You don’t react like the way other girls would.

“It doesn’t matter what location you do it in. At the end of the day you’re still ing someone, somewhere. So telling me the location isn’t going to change anything.” Victoria shook her head in dismay.  “So can I leave now?”

 “Do you want me to stop?” He didn’t know why he said what he did, but the disgusted look on her face made him hate himself. She didn’t seem to care and for some reason that hurts more than having her actually yell at him and tell him what to do.

His question made her confused. “Stop what?” She asked.

“Stop having girls over…Stop all this…” He answered. He didn’t want to see her with that look, but at the same time he couldn’t bear pulling his glaze from hers. He didn’t even know why he’s even considering this in the first place.

His voice was stern and calm. There weren’t any trace of it being a joke which made Victoria even more confused as to where he was going with all of this. What is your motive, Changmin? “Err…I don’t know where you are going with this, but you do what you want. My words never matter to you before so why would it matter now…”

“They do.” He spoke, interrupting her before she could even finish her sentence. His expression was dead serious. The certainty in his voice made Victoria feel uneasy.

She was puzzled by his sudden change in attitude. Earlier he was pissed off at her for trying to tell him what to do and now he wants her to tell him what to do. She didn’t get it, but she’ll play along. “Why would they? They never mattered before so why would they matter now?” She repeated once again, looking indifferent as she shrugged off his honest answer. Unable to believe his words which are always contradicting.

“I don’t know why, but they just do…okay?” Changmin felt frustrated and confused by his own emotions. He wasn’t normally like this, but when she’s around he’s not himself. He says things without much control.

Letting out a sigh, Victoria felt tired and confused by all this. She didn’t get him. He’s always contradicting himself. Sometimes he wants things one way then another day he doesn’t. Sometimes he’s so mad and then there are other times when he’s all sweet and soft like this, and she just doesn’t get why that is. She don’t know what Changmin’s talking about and she’s not in the mood to find out either. She just doesn’t want to deal with his bi-polar personality today. “Whatever. Just do what you want. I seriously don’t get you sometimes. If you don’t need anything else I’m going to go home.”

“You…” His voice was in a low whisper. His mouth spoke before his brain could comprehend the words. Dammit, I did it again. That was the effect she had on him. He was saying things without much thought or reason, out of impulse whenever she’s around. But seeing her reaction to his answer made him regret answering it.

“What?” Victoria was shocked by his answer. She didn’t know what he meant by his answer or where he was going with all this, but she’s not sure she wants to find out.

“I didn’t finish my sentence.” Changmin pretended to be indifferent as he laughed it off. “Of course I don’t want you. Why would I? I was just saying that I wanted you to do something for me too if I have to do this for you…like if I don’t bring girls home anymore. What would you give me in return?”

“What do you want?” Victoria asked. She was serious about this. If giving him something could make him a better man for Seohyun, she’ll do it. “If I could do it, I will.”

You. You. You. I want you. Were the only words Changmin could think of, but he couldn’t say them. After a few seconds had gone by, he was stunned by his own thoughts. God dammit. Why would you want her? What does she have that you can’t get from other girls? Why am I even thinking I want her? She’s trouble! Why are you letting her mess with your head like that, Changmin…“I don’t know. What do you have to offer me?”

“I don’t have anything to offer you. Changmin, do you even know why I don’t want you to fool around with other girls?” Victoria asked. It was an obvious question and she hopes that he’s smart enough to know the answer to, but who really knows. He’s pretty stupid sometimes.

“You don’t want me to fool around with other girls?” Changmin’s eyes light up. Hearing her say this made him happy for some odd reason, but he didn’t want to seem overly excited infront of her.

“Of course I don’t.” Victoria felt exhausted by this. It was like talking to a 5 year old and telling them what they did wrong. For god sakes, he needs to grow up and take a look around him. He should know what he is doing is wrong and why people like her wouldn’t like it. How can Seohyun be with someone like him? At this rate, he probably one of those people who believes they can never do any wrong.

“Really?” He asked, sounding happier than he should have.

“Yeah, really.” If things don’t go as planned with Seohyun and Kyuhyun at least I know you’ll be a loving husband to unnie. Victoria had wanted to say, but stopped herself. The last time she had said this, Changmin went out and slept with some girl as a childish retaliation. The opposite effect of what she was hoping for. “I love my sister, Changmin. She’s the best sister. I couldn’t ask for a better one. I just want the best for her. Even if you are a vain, domineering, snobby little spoiled rich kid who thinks that you can have anything you want, you are still my sister’s fiancé. Honestly, you are everything I hate in a man, but she choose you. Even if I don’t want you guys to get marry, I still have to respect that you are.” Unless I can help it, Victoria wanted to add, but didn’t. “The end of story is she still picked you out of everyone else so I just want you to be more faithful to her that’s all. Even if you don’t love her can’t you just respect her? If you’re not faithful now, that’s fine. I can accept that, but can’t you at least be faithful once you’re married?”

His mouth harden. He didn’t like the words that were coming out of .  He should have known that, that would be her answer. He should have known, but he was too happy with her words to even think of Seohyun. He didn’t like that it was all for Seohyun. He didn’t like it that she only thought of all his bad qualities not his good ones. Can’t she see any good in him? He didn’t like that she hates him. “So you hate me?”

“I don’t hate you…I just don’t like certain traits you possess that’s all. Like I have said before, maybe if we get to know each other more I’ll change my opinion of you and see what Seohyun sees, but for now that’s how I feel.” The look on Changmin’s face made Victoria guilty and she didn’t know why. I was only speaking the truth.

Through his words you can sense anger and hurt. “Then why are you here? Why are you always around me, when you hate me so much? Why do you cook for me? Why do you bother to even care about me? Why do you even bother being involve with me? I don’t get you. You hate me and yet you’re always around me…If you don’t like me then don’t get close to me!”

“I don’t hate you. You know I don’t. I just don’t know you nor do I get this arrangement you guys have have going on here. I just met you recently and to have found out that my unnie was marrying someone like you was a shocker, not that, but the marriage arrangement you guys made with one another was disheartening as well. I never thought my unnie would agree to this sort of relationship that’s all. I just want the best for my sister…” Victoria spoke, but was interrupted.

Letting go of Victoria’s hand, Changmin pushed her away and spoke. “Was it only for Seohyun’s sake? Everything was just for Seohyun?” Changmin felt resentful for some reason. He knew the answer, but he wanted to hear a different one. He knew he was being foolish, but he couldn’t help feeling this way. It was always because of Seohyun. Always because of Seohyun. The only reason why he exist in Victoria’s eyes was because he was Seohyun’s fiancé and no other reason.

“Of course not. I am also doing this for your sake as well.” She answered sternly.

He let out a bitter laugh before speaking. “Saying all this and now you’re saying it was also for my sake. How could doing all this possible be for my sake?” The way he stared at her made her heart feel heavy for some reason.

She felt guilty for making him make such a face. “A happy wife is a happy life?” Victoria tried lightening the mood with a pun, but Changmin’s expression didn’t change. He was still staring at her with a look that says you’ve wounded me with your words. She hates when people look at her that way. Letting out a soft sigh, she spoke again. “You can’t be a playboy your whole life Changmin. You’ll never feel fulfilled, sleeping with random strangers every night. It might be fun and games for now, but eventually you’ll get bored of that life style. When you grow older you’ll have consider actually settling down one day and raise a family at some point in your life.”

“Who told you I wanted a family? You think I can’t have a happy life if Seohyun isn’t happy? You think I can’t be happy without kids? Ha! Don’t kid yourself. I’m living the life right now. My life won’t change even after marriage. Seohyun knows this already. We already agreed on this. I don’t want to be held back by having a family and she understood this.”

“I know…” Victoria felt sad hearing all this. Both of them have said this several times to her already, but she just can’t accept it. Seriously why did she even bother explaining this to him, it’s not like he’ll listen to her. Just like Seohyun. She knows what sort of life they have already agreed to and yet she still wants to change their mind about it. She just can’t accept that this is what they both really want out of life. Won’t they feel lonely choosing such a path? “This conversation isn’t getting anywhere. We always fight when this topic comes up. I’ll come back another day.”

“Don’t bother.” Changmin words were hard and resentful. “Remember? I’m constantly busy ing different girls every day so don’t bother coming back. You mean nothing to me. I won’t have time for you even if you come here so don’t bother come back.”

Victoria shook her head. “Have it your way.” Victoria turned and headed out the door, slamming it behind her.

Through the windows of his living room he saw her car pull away. Seeing this made his heart winch in pain. “God dammit!” He shouted and kicked the lamp closest to him before turning around.  Seeing the coffee table he flipped it over, smashing the glass table to pieces before flopping down on the sofa beside it. Taking a pillow beside him he threw it across the room. He tilted his head back and rested it on the cushion of the sofa.

I already know….I know…even if I say those things to you they won’t even matter. You won’t ever look my way. You don’t even care who I sleep with. You don’t care who I bring home. You won’t ever get jealous because of me. You only care about what kind of impact it’ll have on Seohyun and that’s all. I’m so stupid…I’m nothing to you. The only one who cares what you think is me. You’re never concerned about me like I am about you. All you care about is Seohyun. It’s always Seohyun…I really don’t mean anything to you, huh. I don’t even have a spot in your heart, now do I? You want me to marry your sister and have kids with her…well I don’t want that…I want you.

Putting his hand on his forehead he closed his eyes. In a low whisper he spoke. “I think I have fallen in love with you without even realizing it…haha…what am I even talking about…love…what a foolish and troublesome thing to feel…” Letting out soft sigh he took his hands away from his face and placed it on the sofa besides him. “Don’t do something as bothersome as fall in love...especially with someone like her.”

 

♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡*:.。. .。.:*♡

 

The following week or so went by slow for Changmin. Victoria had kept her word. He hasn’t spoken to her nor seen her ever since that night. He even went to the gym daily, just to get a chance to see her, but she’s never there. He wanted to ask Taecyeon about Victoria, but he didn’t want Taec to tell Victoria that he was asking about her, so he kept his mouth shut. He was even so desperate as to visit Seohyun at home just to see Victoria, but she’s never there.

After almost two weeks had gone by without seeing her. He was becoming more uneasy the longer they are apart. He hated their distance. He said those words to her because he was mad at the time, but he didn’t actually mean any of them. He wanted to see her so badly that he had stoop to the level of desperation at this point. He did something so out of his character just to see her.

Why do I have to try so hard when she is clearly avoiding me? Why do I have to go out of my way for her? Dammit! She was the one who wanted to do this husband training thing and after one fight she’s going to give up and ignoring me now? Stupid brat. He let out a sigh. Is she really going to not see me anymore? He can’t bare that thought. He doesn’t want her to be far from his reach. It might be her fault they fought, but he is the one who’s suffering right now. It was his lost for not being able to see her during these weeks apart.

Letting out a frustrating grunt, Changmin stared at Victoria from across the room through the hole of the restaurant divider. How did things end up like this? Why am I even stooping this low…

A few days earlier, Changmin had called Seohyun and asked her to dinner on Saturday night. This wasn’t an unusual thing to do, but normally they would just meet up at the restaurant, but this time it was different. Using the dinner thing as an excuse, Changmin told Seohyun he’d come by her house at around 7pm to pick her up because it’ll be more ‘convenient’ to go in one car since he was going to in that area anyways. The truth was he came there, hoping he’ll get a glimpse of Victoria. Even if it’s just for a minute. He wanted to see her. Is she still mad at him? Did their fight affect her like it did him? Did she miss him? Because since their fight, all that’s been on his mind is her.

Arriving at Seohyun that Saturday evening he looked around, but didn’t see Victoria’s car in the drive way. Waiting inside the house for Seohyun to finish getting ready he really wanted to go home. It was a waste coming here. Dammit, Victoria. Why are you always going out? Where are you always going…who are you going with? He wanted to ask all these things, but there would be no one there to give him an answer.

After some time had gone by, Seohyun finally showed up and they left the house together. Before closing the house door, he looked over towards the driveway once more and let out a sigh. He didn’t want to make it obvious that he was searching for Victoria, but he couldn’t help himself anymore. He has gotten desperate now. He wanted to know dammit. He had already gone this far, might as well just ask the question. “Is anyone home besides you today? It’s rather quiet here.”

“No one’s home except for me today. Everyone went out somewhere. Minho is out on some date with a girl that he just met at some work function. My mom and dad are out with friends for a dinner get together thing. And Victoria is out celebrating her new job with some friends.” Seohyun tried sounding calm, but the mention of Victoria made her insides tightened. They haven’t really made up with one another ever since that fight and Victoria has been avoiding her ever since. She hated fighting with her baby sister. Remembering that sad and disappointed look on Victoria’s face that night made Seohyun’s heart squeeze. She didn’t want her sister to make such a face.

She hates that she doesn’t know where Victoria have been going all these nights when Victoria tells their parents, ‘I’m going out with friends.’ It makes Seohyun really wonder if Victoria is really going out with friends or just using that as an excuse to not see her. She hates Victoria’s cold emotionless exterior especially in times like these.

“Oh. I see…” Changmin gave Seohyun a weak smile. He didn’t seem too thrill with her answer.

“To be totally honest, I was going to go stalk Victoria today, but I didn’t because I remembered I had a dinner date with you. I was debating all day if I should cancel our date and go stalk her or if I should just leave her alone.” She didn’t know why, but she wanted to confide in someone and Changmin was just standing here and she just wanted to let it out. “Victoria and I had a huge fight a while back and lately it seems as though she’s been avoiding me and I am kind of worried. She’s been going out until very late every night and I kind of wanted to see where she’s been going…”

Seohyun made a face as she remembered overhearing Victoria’s phonecall with her friends. “And besides. I heard her on the phone with her friends the other night saying some sort of stuff about blind date and whatnot so I am kind of worried about that as well…” Seohyun gave Changmin a weak smile. Even when she’s mad at Victoria she can’t stop her sister complex issues. “It’s not like I’m an overprotective sister that won’t let Victoria date or anything. I just don’t want her dating the wrong guy that’s all. There are a lot of weirdoes out there.”

He said something so totally out of his character which took both himself and Seohyun by surprise. “We can still stalk her if you want.” He tried to hiding how displeased he was as he spoke, but wasn’t doing a good job at it. But thank goodness Seohyun was too happy to even take notice of his unhappiness.

Ha! And here I was thinking she would be at home moping around, feeling sad about not being able to see me. How wrong was I? I’m the only one who’s affect by not being able to see you. She doesn’t care like always. She’s even out going on blind dates. That brat…damn why does it sting so much. He wondered as he let out a soft grunt. He hated this uneasy feeling he get whenever he thinks of Victoria being happier away from him than when he’s near.

“Really? You don’t mind?” Seohyun was surprised by Changmin’s words, but she was more elastic than anything else. “It’s okay if you don’t want to go. We don’t have to.”

“It’s fine. She is your sister and all. I’m sure you’re just worried about who her friends are trying to set her up with. I don’t mind going.” He lied. The truth was he wanted to see who these so called ‘guys’ were as well. It didn’t feel good knowing she’s been going on blind dates ever since their fight.

“I am!” Seohyun pouted as she recalls some unwanted memories. “The last time one of them tried setting her up on a date. That guy tried to kiss her and it was only their first date! Annoying little brats trying to get to first base with my little sister on the first date. How dare he?! Like hell I’ll let him get to any base with her. She’ll always be my pure angelic little sister. And that guy even had the nerves to put his hands all over her too! Good thing Victoria pushed him away and he stopped. Otherwise I would have stormed in there and beat the crap out of him if he continued to be aggressive with her.”

Opps! Seohyun smiled weakly at Changmin after realizing what she had just said out loud. Dammit. I hope he’s not freaked out about my sister complex. Looking at Changmin he didn’t look disgusted by it which was a good thing. See, this marriage isn’t a bad idea. Most guys are turned off by it.

Clenching his teeth, Changmin tried to suppress his temper. One of his hand was behind his back, rolled up in a fist. “Oh, really?” He wanted to ask more, but didn’t. Seohyun she’s a blabbermouth anyways. She’ll just end up telling me somehow so don’t bother asking. Just play it cool.

“Yeah. Well what are we standing here waiting for? Let’s go already! Victoria left the house like 10 minutes before you got there so she’s probably at the restaurant by now. Oh wait, give me a second.” Seohyun sounded too excited for her own good. She must have done this sort of stalking things towards Victoria a handful of times already because she ran back into the house and grabbed some items.

Who would wear sunglasses and a scarf around half their face like a ninja to a restaurant at 8 pm at night? Only Seohyun would. Who would wear a baseball hat with a pair of nerdy glasses and a work suit to a restaurant at 8 pm at night? Only Seohyun would make Changmin do it. Their disguises looked ridiculous and people who walked by their table kept starring at them, thinking that the both of them were some sort or idol-celebrity since only they wear such ridiculously disguises while they’re out, in order not to get recognized.

Seriously I really stooped to a low point. Changmin let out a soft sigh as a couple walked by their table giggling. Here they are, sitting two tables away from Victoria at the restaurant. They were far enough so that Victoria won’t notice them since they have a divider between her table and theirs, but close enough so that they can see and hear Victoria and her friends talk. Good thing Victoria’s back was turned towards them otherwise they would have been found out by now. Also Seohyun even went as far as to also payed for the table between theirs and Victoria’s so that no one can interrupt her peeping time.

“Uh…My name is Yumi.” The waitress tried to suppress her laughter as she stared at the two ridiculously dressed people before her. “I’ll be your waitress this evening. Would you like to order your drinks now?”

“Water.” Changmin answered.

“Anything!” Seohyun threw her hands up in the air in a shooing gesture, urging the waitress to go away.

“Uhhh...anything? That’s a little…”

“Anything. Surprise me. Now go away.” Seohyun turned her attention to the waitress and frowned. “You’re distracting me.” Then she turned her attention back to the peek hole of the divider to hear what’s going on at Victoria’s table.

“Would you two like an appetizer as well? We can get you started on that while you guys decide on your entrée.”

“Dammit! I can’t hear anything.” Seohyun hissed. “I said anything. Just order us a bunch of food you’d recommend. It doesn’t matter. Can’t you see I can’t hear what they are saying with all the yapping you’re doing?” Seohyun wasn’t normally like this, but her sister complex personality is shining through and not in a good way.

“Uhh…okay. I’m sorry.” The waiter looked frantic. It was his first time someone had yelled at her for not leaving them alone.

“Don’t mind her.” Changmin shook his head. “She’s a little out of it today.” He made a crazy gesture with his fingers. It made the waitress giggle. “You can just bring us any two appetizers and any two entrees you’d recommend or what you see a lot of people ordering. Anything is fine. Thank you.” Changmin gave the waitress one of his famous smirks.

“Ye…yes…” the waitress mumbled. His smirk made her swoon in place. Making her blush profusely upon impact before running away all giddy like.

Hitting Changmin beside her Seohyun spoke. “I think they just ordered the Haemul-tang (Spicy seafood soup) and some samgyupsal (pork bell). Victoria’s favorite. They also ordered some short ribs, some…” Seohyun continued to speak, but Changmin wasn’t paying attention to her words at all.

Unlike Seohyun, Changmin wasn’t interested in what kind of food Victoria and her friends had ordered. He was more concerned about who Victoria was sitting next to and who her friends had wanted to set her up than anything else. He’d be lying if he said he came here for the sake of Seohyun’s obsessive sister complex. He came here for his own sake.

He let out a sigh of relief seeing Victoria sit between two girls. At least she’s not sitting next to two guys, he thought to himself. Seeing this made him happy, but he still can’t get over how this set up is even considered a blind date. There are so many people there. Which one of them is her blind date?

 “Looks like the gang’s all here, but there are a few new faces…hmmm. I wonder which one they want to set her up with.” Seohyun eyed each guy at Victoria’s table suspiciously.

“I wonder too…” Changmin whispered softly.

“Did you say something?” Seohyun turned and asked Changmin.

“Nope. I didn’t say anything.” He gave her a faint smile then turned his attention back on Victoria’s table. The only person Changmin knew there was Taecyeon and he was sitting beside another girl, who was sitting beside Victoria. That’s probably the Jessica I often hear about, Changmin scanned the girl up and down. She’s not half bad looking.

Pointing her fingers, Seohyun named the people at the table. “Starting from the bottom left, that’s Sulli, Heelchul, Hyun Joong, Krystal, Victoria, Jessica, Taecyeon, and I don’t know who that person is. At the top row, that’s Onew, Luna, Amber Henry, I don’t know that guy, Key, Yoona, I don’t know who that last guy is either. So any of those three guys there could be Victoria’s blind date. They aren’t half bad looking, but for all we know they could be a wolf in sheep’s clothing.”

Seeing Victoria smiling and laughing like that with her friends, made Changmin feel worse than he was already feeling. He hated this. Here he is feeling miserable that they haven’t seen each other and there she was looking so damn happy and cheerful that it was unbearable to look at. But even so, he couldn’t pull his gaze away from her. Damn her…Our time apart didn’t seem to affect you at all. If anything you looked happier being away from me then when I’m around. , this stings. Why aren’t you that happy when you’re near me? All they ever seem to do is bicker and fight with one another. This is depressing to look at.

The waitress came by with their drinks, interrupting Changmin’s train of thought. “Can I also get a bottle of soju?” He instructed, but didn’t pull his attention away from Victoria. Taking a big gulp of water the moment the waitress set the cup on the table. He wanted to cool himself off. He needed to act calm and natural. “Are you sure she’s on a blind date? Isn’t that too big of a group for a set up date?”

“I guess. But I’m not surprised. They’re always hanging out with each other in big groups like that. They did bring her here with the purpose of setting her up, but I am not sure if they are or not. They always say they’ll set her up with someone, but sometimes they just say that to .” Pointing her fingers towards Victoria’s table she continued to talk as she pointed out people. “I know that Sulli & Heechul are dating. Jessica and Taecyeon are engaged. Henry is dating Amber and Key is Amber’s ex-boyfriend. Luna and Onew are married…so that pretty much eliminated most of the people at the table I guess. I think that guy next to Yoona is her new boyfriend, but I’m not sure. Yoona’s the pretty type, so it’s rare that she’s single.”

“How do you know so much, did Victoria tell you all this?” Changmin was pretty surprised by how much Seohyun knew. Most people wouldn’t.

“They’ve been friends with each other since forever. They use to always come over and play video games when they were younger, but now that they’re older they probably like doing these like this instead. Go out to dinner and whatnot instead of staying cooped up at home since they can afford to. And besides…I kind of did a check on Victoria when she was in Highschool.” Seohyun sounded extremely calm as she said her last sentence as if it was not a big deal and it was normal to do so.

“You did a background check on your own sister?” Changmin was bewildered by Seohyun’s sudden confession.

“Keep your voice down. They might hear you.” Seohyun whispered. “Don’t make it sound so shady. I was just worried about her that’s all. In high school was when I had gotten my first boyfriend and I just wanted to know if she had gotten one too or not. She’s my cute baby sister after all. I can’t allow her to date weirdoes. I have to at least know who these guys are. And besides, high school is the age of rebellion. She didn’t talk to me about her private life even when I asked so I had no other choice, but do hire someone to do it for me.”

“And you thought it was a good idea to find your answers through a detective just because she didn’t open up to you about her private life?” Changmin knew Seohyun had a huge sister complex issue, but this was borderline invasion of privacy. “So did she date any of them?” He should have been more grossed out by this stalking thing that Seohyun did, but he was more curious than disturbed. In some sort of twisted way, he’s just as bad as Seohyun if not, worst. He’s more concerned about his fiancé’s little sister than his actually fiancé…

It wasn’t like he wants to be with Victoria or anything. It’s not like he’s in love with her or anything. It’s not like they’d have a future together even if he did feel something for her... It’s just that, right now. He can’t seem to get her off his mind that’s all. She’s constantly running through his mind and its driving him crazy. He just doesn’t know why he’s always thinking of her, but he is. Being in love with her is impossible. He just can’t. She’s not right for him. She’s not what he wants a wife. She’s not someone he wants… Running his fingers through his hair he let out a sigh.

Why have you been thinking of such crazy things lately, Changmin? What’s going on with you? The other night you even went as far as to said you wanted her…don’t say such a stupid thing. You don’t want her. She’s fun, but she’ll bore you soon enough. Just like how she hates everything about you, you hate everything about her too. She’s troublesome. She doesn’t listen to you. She always does the opposite of what you want and constantly going against you. She’s unpredictable. You could never tell what she’ll say or do next. She’s cold towards you. She’s always mad at you for no apparent reason. You guys always fight. You can’t even be around her for a day without fighting let alone so how can you possibly imagine yourself getting along with her for the rest of your lifetime. You don’t love her. What you feel right now is infatuation not love. She’s just something to kill time…

“Not that I know of.” Seohyun looked over at Changmin, who had this weird expression in his gaze. Why do you have such an agonizing expression on your face while looking over at Victoria? She wondered. When Changmin looked at her, he changed his expression and she pushed this thought out of her mind instantly. It must have been just her imagination. Why would he look at Victoria that way? “From what I know. In the past, Taecyeon did have a little crush on Victoria, but that was way back in elementary school. I think Hyun Joong did confess to Victoria before she left aboard, but I’m not 100% certain about this. I don’t think she ever dated anyone though. She just received a lot of love confessions that’s all.”

“Oh. So Taecyeon use to like her…” Changmin shouldn’t even be surprised by this, but he was. During all those conversations they had at the gym with one another. Taec had failed to ever mention this to him. It shouldn’t matter now anyways since Taec is engaged to Jessica, but it does. It bothered him more than he wanted it to because all those times Victoria and Taecyeon had talked to one another while flirting had made Changmin feel somewhat jealous by their close relationship.

“Yeah. He was like a love sick puppy dog. He was always trying to be Victoria’s knight and shining armor back then. He even stole her first kiss. That little bastard.” Even though Seohyun was saying this, she was all smiling and laughing while remembering the past. “She was 7 years old at the time. One day she came to me with tears in her eyes saying she’s damage goods and that she can’t get married anymore because she’s been kissed. She said that her first precious kiss was stolen. She said she wanted to save her first kiss for her future husband someday, but it was stolen. It was so cute how she cried her eyes out while saying sorry to her future husband. She was so innocent and naïve back then. My adorable little sister.”

He’s not interested in coming here and continuing this stalking fest anymore. The more he finds out the more he regret coming here with Seohyun. He didn’t know why he was annoyed by all this, but he was. He wanted to hear about her past, but when he hears it he hates it. He hates the swelling in his chest he gets from these stories. Turning his attention away from Victoria’s table he poured himself a shot of soju while waiting for the food to arrive. He’s not going to watch her anymore. If she doesn’t care about him, he won’t worry himself with her either. Keep your past buried to yourself.

After nearly 10 minutes had gone by without looking back, he finally gave up. He wasn’t a weak minded person, but with Seohyun sitting here beside him hitting his arm every few minutes telling him about what’s going on with Victoria’s table, how could he continue to ignore it all? Of course he had to look. Damn Seohyun for not being able to read the mood.

Looking over the first sight he saw was of Victoria chewing her food while talking and giggling with her friends nearby. Are you sure you’re attracted to that sort of person? He asked himself. That girl doesn’t even know what table etiquette means. Just look at how she’s eating… His lips smacked together, making a tsk sound. “How long are you planning on sitting here for? All they are doing is eating…” Changmin turned his attention towards Seohyun as he spoke.

“Not much longer. Victoria has a tendency to drink a lot when she’s out with friends so I just want to watch over her for just a little bit longer.” Seohyun looked at Changmin apologetically. “Sorry, I dragged you along with me.”

“It’s fine.” He muttered. It was his fault for wanting to come here to begin with.

“Ewww…that bastard!” Seohyun squeezed Changmin’s arm harder than she had intended to.

Turning his attention back to where Seohyun was looking at. The guy, who was sitting across from Victoria had used his fingers to wipe the side of . He said something to her that made her turn away, looking all shy and flustered.

Seeing this scene made Changmin livid. His insides burned with a jealous rage. Why are you making such a face at him? It annoyed the out of him seeing her embarrassed reaction. But more than anything else he hated how easily others can touch her, but he can’t. She’ll only allow him to touch her if she’s not aware of it otherwise she would nag him to stop touching her if she knew it was him.

“Why is he feeding her?” Seohyun whined. She frowned, looking extremely dismay as she studied the guy’s action. Is she even close to him? How can he be so ‘friendly,’ when this is their first meeting?  “That guy is asking for it.” Seohyun continued to pout as she saw how touchy feely the guy had begun acting. Gently brushing his fingers against Victoria’s arms a few times while talking to her. Seeing this made Seohyun’s frown deepened. That son of a . Touching my sister like that on that on their first meeting. He’s such a flirt.

While Seohyun was studying the guy, Changmin was studying Victoria’s every action. He couldn’t take his gaze off her. He hated seeing all these sides of her that he had never seen before. Her gentle soft gaze. Her loud cheerful laughter. Victoria’s flushed red cheeks from embarrassment. The way she flirt playfully with the guy from across the table. They were all new sides to her he ached to see, but when he saw them he hated that it’s not for him. ”Argh, annoying brat,” he mumbled under his breath and took another shot of soju.

“Seriously, that guy needs to stop staring at her like that. Creepy little bastard.” Seohyun clenched her teeth and hit the divider gently with her fist several times as she continued. “That little er. Is he trying to get her drunk? He keeps on pouring her drink after drink! Victoria, didn’t I give you a good lecture about the dangers of drinking more than you can actually handle.” Seohyun complained as if Victoria could hear her.

“God dammit. Great timing…” Seohyun muttered sarcastically as she hears her phone ringing in her purse. It was her manager’s ring tone. She was reluctant to pick it up, but she knew she had to. “Hey oppa….” She answered. “Oh…yeah…yeah…right now? Like right now, right now? I’m kind of busy though…Can’t I do it tomorrow? Can’t you ask them to reschedule?...What, seriously?...Errr….fine….I get it. Yeah. I know…Can you pick me up. I’ll text you the address and name of the restaurant that I’m at…okay. Thanks, oppa.”

Seohyun pouted as she hung up the phone. Turning her attention to Changmin she spoke. “I have to leave soon. My manager just told me that there’s a spot on this one variety show I’ve been dying to go on and there was a cancelation today so they are offering me the guest spot for tonight and tomorrow.” Seohyun felt kind of guilty for dragging Changmin all the way here and then ditching him out of the blue. Feeling reluctant, Seohyun looked up at Changmin with puppy dogs eyes. “I know this is weird of me to ask, but can you do me a huge favor.”

“Hmmm?”

“I know I’m rude to ditch you than ask for a favor, but can you make sure Victoria gets home safely tonight? I don’t want one of those s taking her home.” Seohyun looked over at Victoria again. “OMG! That jerk is switching seats with Krystal. Ewww…” She placed her hands over her face and grunted. “I don’t want to go to work. I want to stay here...”

“Yeah. I’ll make sure she gets home safely. Unharmed and untouched.” He muttered in a low tone. I’m not doing it for your sake, but for my own sanity.

Taking her hand away from her face she spoke. “Really?” She was surprised by Changmin’s willingness. From the way Victoria had treated Changmin starting from their first meeting to their recent meeting at the adventure park, Seohyun was sure Changmin hated Victoria even more than he already does and would be reluctant to help, but he’s not that small minded. He’s a good guy after all.

“Yeah.” Changmin gave her a faint smile.

“Thanks.” Seohyun smiled sweetly at Changmin before giving him a peck on the cheeks. “I owe you one.” Within a few more minutes her phone rang again and it was her manager. “Let’s rain check out dinner date. Remember to tell me everything that happened tonight too! And thanks again.” Seohyun smiled warmly. She was happy Changmin didn’t run away after seeing how extreme her sister complex could be. Instead he was really understanding and accepting of it. If only Victoria could see this side to him, maybe they’ll get along better. Why can’t Victoria see what a great person he is…

After Seohyun had left, Changmin heard a high pitch squeal coming from Victoria’s table. Looking over he saw Victoria taking a shot of soju before laughing loudly, joking with her friends about something. It annoyed him even more than usual. Don’t look so happy when I’m not by your side, stupid. Act like that with me too.

As they teased each other while taking shots they somehow began getting physical with one another. Jokingly pushing one another gently. At one point Victoria almost fell out of her chair when she was being pushed too hard by Jessica, but Taec was there to catch her. That was what trigged it for Changmin. Seeing someone else touch her made his insides turned. Something was boiling deep inside him. It was a painful feeling.

Feeling a pair of arms on her shoulders, she tilted her head back and saw Changmin above her. Looking down at her intensely as she looked up to him, she could feel Changmin’s body against her head. With one look from him, she could tell that he wasn’t pleased to see her. Not that she’s surprised. We’ll you know what I’m not pleased to see you either, hmph! He always look so damn angry all the damn time. Grumpy old man. “Ohhhh…it’s just you.” She pouted and turned away. Her unwelcomed tone annoyed the hell out of Changmin.

Changmin looked around the table, then directly at the guy beside Victoria who had been flirting with her moments earlier. He gave the guy an icy glare, narrowing his eyes at the guy. After a few seconds had gone by he gave the guy a cocky smirk of victory before turning away to face Victoria once again. There’s nothing great about this guy. I’m way better than him.

Seeing that he didn’t say a word to her. She looked up at him once again. Staring at him with her big round eyes without blinking, their glaze locked onto one another as if there weren’t anyone else in that room except the two of them. His eyes softened as he stared down at her all affectionately without uttering a word. “What are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be out somewhere banging someone or did you get rejected? Are you moody because you didn’t get any today? Poor you.” She let out a small girlish giggle before looking away all shyly. Something about her tone made him feel breathless. That girlish, feminine, cute side of her he had never seen before. She was slightly tipsy, he could tell by her playful tone and her flushed cheeks.

Damn the alcohol. She’s acting so ing cute and yet her words are as mean as ever, he thought. He just wanted to hold her in his arms, but he resisted the urge to do so because everyone’s eyes were on him. Moving his hand, he placed it on her chin and cupped it. Pulling it back, he tilted her head until her eyes met his once again. Staring at him, her eyes twinkled. “Hmm….what?” She asked innocently.

“Who is that, Victoria?” Sulli asked excitedly. Victoria pulled her face away from Changmin’s gasp and looked towards her friend.

“Who knows?” She shrugged it off before playfully joking. “Someone who’s a stranger danger, that’s who!” Victoria giggled like a little kid. This made Changmin break into a full force smile. Is this how she normally acts when she had a few drinks in her system? It’s damn adorable, but all the more dangerous. Especially dangerous for his heart right about now.

“Oh my…your hot.” Yoona didn’t hesitate to compliment him as she eyed him up and down. “Hurry up and introduce this hottie to us, Victoria.”

“Well hello there stranger! You’re yummy looking…” Jessica eyed him just like Yoona had done so moments ago. “Damn, Victoria. Where have you been hiding him all this time?”

Taecyeon playfully pushed Jessica and pouted. “Why are you looking at other men? Did you forget? I’m still here you know!”

“Baby!” Hearing Jessica’s sweet endearing nickname for Taecyeon made him grin like an idiot. “You know you’re all the man I need. I’m just curious as to who this fine piece of specimen might be since you know how our Victoria is when it comes to the opposite .” Then she bent over and gave Taecyeon a small peck on the lips. “You’re so cute when you’re all jealous like this.”

“That’s so ing corny!” Krystal made a gaging sound. “Take that sweetness somewhere else. This is a no couple zone!”

Taecyeon smiled back at Jessica all lovingly as he spoke. “It’s okay, baby. I like that you’re corny.” Turning his attention back at Changmin who hadn’t taken his eyes off of Victoria yet he introduced him for Victoria. “Anyways, this person here is Changmin Shim, Seohyun’s fiancé.”

“Ohhhh….” Everyone answered in unison the moment the word fiancé left Taecyeon’s mouth. It made Changmin flinch hearing their reply. He knew that Victoria must have said something to them for all them to have react this way.

“So you’re that infamous fiancé of Seo unnie.” Sulli eyed Changmin up and down the same way Yoona did. “Interesting.”

“You don’t seem as bad as Victoria had described you to be.” Luna gave him a reassuring smile. “But then again, we don’t know you that well to judge you, just yet.”

“I didn’t say anything bad about him!” Victoria pouted and stuck her tongue out at Luna. “I was only speaking the truth. He’s meaniee.”

“I’m a meanie now, am I?” He couldn’t help, but chuckle at her childish vocabulary.

“Woah!” Yoona sounded surprised. “You’re just my type. You have a y voice. A great smile. And you look charismatic as . And from the looks of your body, you look really tone. Seohyun, that lucky . If only I had met you first.” Yoona playfully joked.

“Hey now! Don’t call Seohyun a .” Victoria pouted. “He belongs to my unnie! Don’t try to steal him Im Yoona, I know where you live.”

“Haha! Try and stop me.” Yoona teased. When Victoria reached across the table and smacked Yoona’s arm roughly. Yoona yelped. Rubbing her arms she spoke, “I was just joking, Geez you! You’re such a violent woman no wonder you’re still single. You won’t ever find a guy if you keep acting like that, brat.”

“So?! It’s not like I even wanted a boyfriend to begin with. You guys were the ones trying to set me up on these dates.” Victoria frowned. “Boys are just…I don’t know…”

“Geez, your hatred for the opposite is still as strong as ever.” Amber rolled her eyes. “Are you planning on being the next 40 year old or something?”

“I don’t hate them!” Victoria protested.

“You hate guys?” Changmin cocked his head to the side, looking confused. Then how come you’re so friendly towards Kyuhyun and Taecyeon? He wanted to ask, but didn’t. He didn’t want to hear her answer.

“Hate is a strong word. More like a strong dislike of.” Jessica teased. “She’s just shy and not really friendly towards the opposite . Except those she’s known for years. Like these guys here.” Jessica smiled at Taecyeon then turned her attention back to Changmin. “Victoria hasn’t had a boyfriend yet even though she’s already in her twenties so we are kind of worried. And her disinterest in love is kind of depressing to us.”

“You forgot, Kyuhyun!” Key reminded them.

“Ohhh, yeah!” Most of them answered in unison. It made Changmin frown hearing their reaction.

“But he’s an exception. He’s a special case...” Luna spoke without much thought and placed her hand on as if she had said something she shouldn’t have. “Opps. My bad…”

Changmin’s heart tightened as those words left Luna’s mouth. It felt suffocating. So he was special to you….I knew it...those weren’t eyes looking at a friend’s back view, but of one you consider a man, someone you love.  “What about Kyuhyun?” Changmin asked cautiously. He tried his best not to show how infuriated he was, but was failing.

“Well…” Taecyeon was about to answer, but Victoria interrupted him.

“You shush!” Victoria’s cheeks were flushed with embarrassment. It made Changmin even unhappier. “It’s the past. I tell you, it’s the past!” She took a hold of her hair and placed it over her face, trying to cover up her embarrassment. Seeing this reaction brought a huge sharp pain to Changmin’s chest. It was like someone the air out of him.

Bending down beside Victoria, until they were eye leveled with one another his hands reached for her cheeks, he it. He wasn’t happy to see her get this way because of someone else. Don’t look like this while thinking of someone else. Don’t become all shy and girly thinking of him… “Let’s go home? I’ll take you home.”

Victoria pushed his hand away from her face. “Why are you touching me so freely?” She asked sounding annoyed, but he didn’t answer back. His eyes bore to hers and it made her flinched on the spot. The way he’s looking at her right now feels very nostalgic and not in a good way. She knows this look. She knows it so well. She had this same look in her eyes back then when she was staring at Kyuhyun that one time. “Why are you looking at me like that?” She pushed his face away so that she can’t see his expression anymore. Don’t look at me with those eyes filled with love and affection mixed with a hint sorrow.

“Why can’t I touch you? You let others touch you and flirt with you so freely. So why can’t I?” He turned back to look at her. His voice was in a low seductive whisper as he continued “Because I want to see your face that’s why I’m looking at you. What a silly question to ask.”

His husky, smothering hot tone made Victoria’s hair on her back stand up straight. His tone was so sweet and affectionate that it made Victoria feel somewhat awkward to know that it was Changmin who was talking to her in this sort of way. It was so out of character for the Changmin to look so defenseless.

They were enemies and they could never get along. He had never said one nice thing to her, so why is he acting nice and sweet to her all of a sudden. It’s strange. “What are you saying, you weirdo.” Victoria laughed it off and turned away. This had turned into such an awkward situation for some reason. “I can get home by myself, you know. I have legs.”

“No you can’t. I’ll take you home.” Changmin’s voice was stern with a hint of demand. The look in his eyes were full of care.

“I’ll be fine going home by myself.” She answered persistently, unable to meet his gaze.

 “I won’t let you go by yourself.” He demanded once again.

“I’m a big girl. I think I know my way home by now.” Victoria continued to fight back.

It annoyed Changmin that she’s pushing him away even without realizing it. “Do you see how you drunk you are? I don’t think it’s a good idea for you to go home by yourself in this state. Alone, at night, anything could happen to you.” He grabbed her hand and held it. “I’m taking you home.”

“Why are you being all nice and caring all of a sudden?” Is it her or is he acting overly affectionate towards her. Ahhh, it is probably just her imagination. She’s drunk so she’s probably just imagining it. Pulling her hand away she spoke, “I’m telling you I’m fine. I can go home by myself. If anything I’ll get a cab or ask Taec and Jessica to take me home.”

“You’re so stubborn dammit. You don’t need to bother others. I’m sure they are just as tired as you are. And besides, I want to take you home and that’s that.” He was firm on his stance.

“I don’t mind giving her a ride home if no one else can,” the guy beside Victoria spoke up.

Changmin narrowed his eyes and glared at the guy. “Like hell you will! You stay out of this.” Changmin’s voice was icy and harsh. “This has nothing to do with you.”

“It has nothing to do with you either!” Victoria shoved Changmin, making him even angrier than he already was.

Unable to control his anger anymore he snapped. “God you’re so ing stupid and naïve. Do you think he’s saying this to be a nice guy or something? He probably has ulterior motives that’s why he wants to take you home. He’s probably taking you to some crappy hotel somewhere thinking he’ll get laid because you’re drunk enough to allow it.”

“Don’t assume that all guys out there are like you.”  Victoria shouted back. “There are nice guys out there who aren’t after only you know.”

“Like your Kyuhyun oppa? He’s such a nice guy right.” Changmin mocked.

“Why are you bringing up Kyuhyun? This got nothing to do with him. And besides I rather go to some crappy hotel with him,” pointing to the guy next to her before continuing. “Then have to go home with you. Your attitude .”

Looking at her friends she spoke once more, “see I told you guys he has a problem. He is a ing bi-polar mess. One moment he’s happy, another moment he blows up like this. God I can’t ing stand him.”

Yes, I’m ing pissed, but yelling isn’t going to get you anywhere. Victoria is drunk and being stupid. I need to calm down and be more rational, Changmin reminded himself. You can never win against a drunk person. Their logic is nonexistence. Just be calm. “I’m not going to let you go home with some stranger, Victoria. Nor will I allow you to go to some hotel with someone either. Especially someone you hardly know.” Changmin forced himself to speak as calm as he possible could. “You’ve had a lot to drink. You’re not thinking straight right now…”

“Quit being so controlling and telling me what to do. My God, you are such a domineering freak.  I’m a grown women. I can do whatever the hell want. I don’t need you to lecture me. If I want to go to a hotel with him I can. Hell, if I want to kiss him right now I can.” Without much thought Victoria turned and slammed her lips into the guy next to her and pulled away after a quick peck.

His face harden. Without saying another word he pulled his wallet from out of his pockets and threw more than enough money on the table to pay for the whole table bill and some. Looking at Victoria he was furious. “Just because you’re drunk doesn’t give you the right to do whatever the you want, you know. You piss me off more than anything!” Picking her up quickly, he threw her over his shoulders in a breeze. “We’re going home. Shout good night to your friends.”

“Put me down!” What are you doing?” She yelled and shouted at the top of lungs. Even with her struggling over his shoulders he didn’t care. “Guys, help me! Quit laughing and help me out here!” She shouted for her friends, but they were just sitting laughing at the chaos of it all.

Within a few seconds they were out the door of the restaurant and her friends were nowhere in sight. “You good for nothing friends!” Victoria shouted, but she knew her friends couldn’t hear.

Turning the corner of the restaurant he walked into a small dark alley behind it and he put her down on her feet. Taking his hand he wiped her lips furiously with his fingers. “Whazz…arrr…chuuu…tr…ing…tooo…dooo…” She asked. She tried to push him away, but he didn’t budge. When he finally stopped rubbing her lips she looked up at him while he looked down at her. Their eyes bore to each other and they were still for a few minutes before she spoke. “You’re such a psycho! You’re acting weirder than usual.” She tried to break free from him, but was pushed back against the wall. “What the hell?”

Her body was against the cold walls while his body was pushed up against hers. She could feel every single inch of him. “What’s wrong with you?!” After a few failed attempts of trying to push him away from her, she gave up. His body was strong and hard, she didn’t have the physical strength that he had.

When she stopped struggling to break free they just stood there, staring at each other for some time before she attempted to try again. But this time instead of pushing his body against hers harder, he decided to clasp her hands with his own. Both his hands grabbed onto hers firmly, holding her in place. his lips he looked down at her with a dark smothering look in his eyes. Putting both her hands in one hand he pushed them above her head.

“You…that’s what’s wrong with me. You drive me ing crazy…and I’m at my limit now…” His eyes were hazy, his breathing was hitched.

“Don’t worry. The feeling is mutual. You’re such a douchbag.” Victoria stared back at him. “You drive me crazy too. I thought I disliked you before, but I changed my mind. Now I think I hate you.”

“You hate me?” His voice was low and hoarse. Full of playful seduction in just a simple question.

“Seriously, stop playing around.” Victoria struggled. Seeing that Changmin was waiting for an answer, Victoria nodded her. “Yeah. I hate you. I hate you more than you’ll ever know.” She wanted to continue, but stopped. ‘Because it’s you who’s Seo unnie’s marrying. Not Kyu oppa.’

“Well I hate you too.” He his lips once more and brought his head closer to hers. “Yeah, I definitely hate you…” Without much thought he slamming his lips against hers. Kissing her hard.

Back at the restaurant Victoria’s friends were still laughing and talking about the ridiculous chaos that they had just witness minutes earlier.

“What was all that about?” Amber asked after Victoria and Changmin had both left.

“Who knows? Their relationship is suspicious” Luna answered. “Even if all they are, are just future sister-in-law and brother-in-law. Something feels strange about it…I just can’t put my fingers on what it might be.” 

Yoona spoke up. “I have a feeling that he likes her.”

“I feel the same way!” Jessica high fived Yoona. “Great minds think alike!”

“So I wasn’t the only one who was getting that sort of vibe from Changmin. You guys see it too.” Krystal placed her hand on her chin. “Seriously, what’s with the two of them?”

“But how can that be possible? Isn’t he marrying Seohyun?” Amber wondered.

“If what Victoria had said about the circumstances between Seohyun and that guy is true, then anything is possible at this point. Their marriage is just a sham...” Answered Jessica. “And besides, it’s not like they’re even married yet. They’re just engaged, but only through a sort of verbal contract with one another. Anyways, the bigger question that we should ask is that if he likes the little sister than why is he still with Seohyun?”

Krystal spoke. “Maybe he hasn’t realize his feelings yet.”

“Could be. Or maybe he’s just playing dumb.” Luna answered. “But why?”

“This is fun. I wonder how all this will progress in the future since Victoria is trying to break Seohyun and Changmin apart so that Seohyun and Kyuhyun could be together…but the big twist of it all is that Changmin has feelings for her. So now what will she do once she finds out? I bet she doesn’t even realize it yet…god she lack so much love experience. Hopefully he could teach her a thing or two” Yoona spoke excitedly about it. Luna, Krystal and Jessica giggled with excitement hearing Yoona’s words, while Amber and Sulli frowned.

“But isn’t it wrong to be engaged with the older sister, but falling in love with the younger one?” Sulli pouted. She didn’t like how thing are turning out.

“Whoever said there is a wrong way to love and a right way to love? Falling in love is unpredictable.” Jessica smiled. “And besides, as long as Victoria’s plans follow through, then it’ll be fine if Victoria and Changmin ends up together. But only if Victoria falls in love with him.”

“But will she like him, is the question we should ask.” Luna shook her head. “That girl has only fallen in love once, and that was years ago. Even if Changmin likes her, she is probably just holding onto him as a backup in case her plans for getting her sister back together with Kyuhyun fails. I don’t think she even feels anything for him at this point, but who knows about the future. Let’s just wait and see how it progress for them from here.”

“Yeah. I agree.” The other girls nodded their heads.

“I guess you aren’t getting the girl this time, Yonghwa” Hyun Joong patted the guy, who was sitting next to Victoria earlier, on the back. “The girls have already forgotten that you were the one they had initially wanted to introduce Victoria to since that one guy showed up. Now they are all betting their money on him. You should have been faster, man.”

“Yeah…” Yonghwa answered quietly. “But you never know. Like they say. Things could progress differently if given the chance.”

 

 

 

What will happen now that Changmin did the unthinkable act of kissing his fiancé’s sister? How will Victoria react? Will it change anything between them? It looks like Victoria’s friends are split between Team Changmin and Team Anyone, but him.

Spoiler for the next chapter; below~

 

 

Continuing with the groom training session. Now that Changmin has taken his physical exam, Victoria will now put him through one last final obstacle before moving on to the next groom training task which is shopping. Which can also be translated as making a man’s life a living hell with your indecisiveness while building his patience level in the process. Good luck, Changmin. ^o^