Chapter 7~

If Only...

 

Chapter 7:
 
Kyuhyun's POV:
 
I thundered up the stairs, assuming that Hangeng followed. I walked into the first door on the left, my room. It was a pretty generic room, with a couple of Starcraft posters adorning the walls, which were white. A bookshelf and desk occupied a lot of the space, along with my bed. There were two doors, one leading to my small closet, and another leading to the bathroom I shared with my  sister.
 
I turned to Hangeng "What were you and my mother talking about?" I invited him over here to study, not to have a tea party with my mother.
 
"She just talked to me about you."
 
"WHAT about me?"
 
"..."
 
"WHAT??"
 
"She said you were hostile." My eyes turned to slits at those words. I was not hostile! Just upset. A lot of the time. Which I have a right to be.  "I am NOT hostile!!"
 
"There. Right there. HOSTILE~!" Hangeng dragged the word out. 
 
"Ughh. let's just study." I sat on my bed and motioned for him to sit down next to me. "So, WHAT are you having trouble with?"
 
Hangeng let out a breath. "What am I NOT having trouble with right now? I used to be able to understand all of this stuff, but ever since basketball season started..." He trailed off and smiled at me. I groaned. This was going to take awhile.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
We had just finished off 30 pages of Hangeng's textbook. I look at the digital clock beside my bed, and it read 6:35PM. "Do you want to stay for dinner?" I asked. I already knew my mother would convince him to stay anyways. 
 
"Umm yeah, sure." I nodded and lead him back down the strairs. "Mom! We're hungry!"
 
"Come in the kitchen! I have dinner waiting!" I walked in the kitchen and saw my mother made us.... pasta. "Pasta?"
 
"Mmhmm. I felt like making it sooo... Take a seat!" I sat down and Hangeng took the seat next to me. "Where's noona?" I asked.
 
"She's out with her boyfriend. And you're father has to stay late at work for a business meeting." I nodded. She put the plates of pasta down in front of us and we both dug in. "Thank you Mrs. Cho! This tastes really good!" Hangeng said, and I scoffed at his politeness, but my mom ate it up. "Oh no problem sweetie! If you need anything else, be sure to let me know!"
 
"Okay. Thank you again!" My mom walked off into the living room and I rolled my eyes at their encounter. "Seems like you're best friends with my mom now. Watch out. Siwon might get jealous~"
"Oh shut up!" He stuck his tongue out at me and I laughed. All of the sudden, though, the atmosphere got really serious. "Kyuhyun, why do you act the way you do?"
 
I awkwardly twirled my pasta around my plate with my fork and furrowed my eyebrows. "What EXACTLY do you mean?"
 
'Well... you're so anti-social. You never talk to anyone, although you can be really sarcastic and funny sometimes. You could be really popular in school if you wanted to be. You have the attitude for it. I mean, you aren't exactly bad looking, and you're smart. What more could you want?"
 
This got me mad. Who was HE to tell me that I could be popular. I wasn't popular for a reason, buddy! "You wanna know why I'm not popular? Why I'm so 'anti-social'? Well, Hangeng, I trusted someone."
"You wanna know what I could possibly want? My best friend back."
 
"He abandoned me. Made me feel unwanted."
 
"Like I said. I trusted someone. And that is a mistake I will never, EVER, make again." I got up from the table and threw my plate into the sink, and it burst into shards. "GO AWAY!" I screamed and stormed up the stairs. 
 
I seemed like I didn't care. Like I wanted him out of my life, when, truthfully, I wanted him to come up the stairs after me and ask what's wrong. I may sound like a little teenage girl right now, but I wanted to feel like I was WANTED. Like someone cared about whether or not I lived or died.
 
But of course it didn't happen. He didn't come up and ask what happened, and how did I loose my best friend. Because he didn't care. I feel like nobody cares.    
 
A/N:
 
Hey guys
 
Really sorry i havent updated
 
I dont even have an excuse this time
 
So, guys I wanted to know,
 
Should I make Kyuhyun suicidal and cutty in this or just mildly depressed?
 
My sister and I don't know which to do.
 
It would really help if you could comment your opinions
 
or take the poll I made
 
 
which ever is easier for you
 
because then I could know what you guys would want more