Nine.

The First Collage ~ Another Me ~

[yoseob.YANG]

I do not expect to see Ruha here.

Especially after what happened yesterday but here I am now with Sunggyu, witnessing Ruha's most fragile side that she always hides from the world. Today she cries even harder than when I hugged her yesterday.

She tightens the hold on the bouquet in her left hand, sobbing as silent as she can. Ruha finally lifts her right hand to her face, covering her eyes. She still hasn't noticed our presence, metres away from where she stands.

"...Sorry...," Ruha murmurs, trembling just to say one word. "Sorry... I'm so sorry..."

It feels like my heart is breaking into pieces, listening to her apology. I'm the one who should speak the word, not her. I should be the one to blame for everything. It's me who makes her suffer every single day.

Without even considering Sunggyu who has been standing in confusion next to me, I rush to her, embracing her as gentle as I can. Ruha drops her bouquet in surprise.

"What...," Ruha pulls herself away from me and her gaze finally finds Sunggyu. She glares at me, "You bring him here? How could you?!"

Her tone raises in disbelief. Ruha wipes her tears roughly with the back of her hand before picking up the bouquet. She gives another look at the shelf, shaking her head in disappointment, "You're unbelievable, Yoseob."

"You should tell him, Ruha," I grab her wrist, stopping her from leaving. "I'm not the one who should tell him the truth."

"I was planning to do that!" Ruha raises her tone again, gaining attention from the other visitors. She lowers it down immediately, "But not now. Not at this place. Not... like this."

She closes her eyes, letting out a long sigh to compose herself. Ruha take a step closer to Sunggyu, "Let's talk outside. It's not a proper place to have a long talk."

"Eh?" Sunggyu blinks, not able to give another response. "I... Am I allowed to... I mean... You two... You two need to talk first, don't you?"

Ruha doesn't bother to give me another look, "I'll answer your questions. Whatever it is. Let's go now."

She walks out through the door, still with a bouquet of flower in her hand. Sunggyu throws a glance at me as if he is waiting for me to say something. I compose myself to calm down, "You should follow her for the answer."

"I think...," Sunggyu pauses for a moment. "I think you also need to go with me. I mean... Three of us should talk."

I hesitate, processing his words in mind. Talk is something I have tried to do everytime I meet Ruha but for nothing. She avoids me at all cost and I can't blame her for it.

If anything, she could have thrown the word 'hate' to me and I still can take it because I deserve her anger. Even after two months, my voice just can't reach her like how it used to be.

"Come on," Sunggyu mutters. "People keep staring at us now and she is still waiting outside. It must be freezing."

As expected, Ruha's eyes widen upon my presence but she doesn't say anything. She walks to the main gate as we follow her behind. Sunggyu chases after her step but I keep distance between us, somehow fear that she will ask me to go away.

She doesn't do it. She doesn't say anything until we reach the nearest public park from the cemetery building we visited just now.

"I should have told you sooner," Ruha sits down on a bench, placing the flowers next to her. She looks at Sunggyu, "About me. About RUHA the soloist. About him."

I keep my mouth shut but I can see Sunggyu clenches his fist, "You two have a past together?"

"Yes," Ruha answers quickly. "But it's not like what you think. Not even the slightest."

"If you think that I accepted your feeling without sincerity, you don't need to listen to my explanation," Ruha states. "If you think I betray you, then this talk is meaningless to start with."

I take a step closer to them, gaining their attention, "Ruha... He doesn't understand a single thing. It's not fair to-"

"Nothing is fair," Ruha cuts off my sentence. "The world is not a nice place. The time is not going to stop and understand our feeling. And being fair is not something we can do to be happy."

Ruha takes a deep breathe, suddenly clutching on her jacket as if someone just stabbed her on chest. She murmurs vividly, "Two months... And there is no single day I can look at the mirror without breaking it."

"Ah...," Sunggyu lifts up his head slighty as if he just remembers something. "It's mirror... You don't have any in your apartment."

My heart beats faster as I realize Ruha is going to tell Sunggyu now.

About what happened since I listened to her play on that snowy day. About what we decided before she moved to New York. About what we did before her solo. Aboout the reason she released her debut song.

About what broke us apart two months ago.

"RUHA the soloist...," Ruha intertwines her fingers, bringing them close to her lips as she continues.

"She is already dead."


__________


Author's Note:

A short chapter but a very important one.
Everything will be explained in the next chapter from Ruha's perspective.

I hope you enjoy this latest update!

Feel free to drop your comments below or mention me at Twitter @AFFkyuri91.
Hope you enjoy the new chapter!