Ten.

The First Collage ~ Another Me ~

[December. 5 years ago]

Hwang Ruha was a talented young girl who took care of her abilities in music very well. She might not be the brightest kid when it came to being friendly, but her family loved her a lot for being who she was.

As usual, she was practicing her piano skills in the music room, a place designed for her to practice at home. It was the first snow of the year that day but she had no interest of the beautiful view.

Little did she know that a young boy was captured with her play, watching her from outside through the window. Ruha stopped abruptly when she remembered that she needed to prepare medicine for her sister.

Ruha rushed to their bedroom to see her sister just closed the door, "Ah, you're supposed to rest now."

"But I want to hear your piano," her sister pouted. "It's boring to sleep and do nothing."

Ruha heaved a sigh but let her sister to follow her downstairs, "Let's eat something and then drink your medicine, okay?"

Her sister had a very weak body which caused her to stay at home most of the times. Sometimes Ruha felt how unfair things were because her sister was more cheerful and friendly yet she needed to stay at home. If she could, she would take her sister's place instead.

"Oh," her sister stopped on their way to the music room after they had lunch. Her sister noticed someone's standing in front of their house. "Wait a minute, Ruha."

She opened the door slightly to greet the boy, "Can I help you?"

"Ah, I..." Ruha could hear his reply. "My name is Yang Yoseob. I listened to your piano a while ago and it's amazing."

Her sister smiled, happy to hear the compliment directed to Ruha, "Thank you. I'm glad you like the play."

Ruha took steps closer to the door and opened it wider, causing Yoseob's eyes to widen in surprise.

"Who is it, Rui?" Ruha asked calmly as her eyes landed on Yoseob.

Standing in front of Yoseob was the identical twins of Hwang family, Hwang Ruha and Hwang Rui.

It's their very first meeting.

The meeting which would lead an unexpected fate to three of them.


~ * ~ * ~ * ~


[January. 4 years ago]

January was Ruha's favorite month.

Because it's the month when she celebrated her birthday with Rui. Now it's also the month she could celeberate Yang Yoseob's birthday as her friend.

She liked to have Yoseob as a friend because he didn't judge her for being cold. He loved music just like she did. Ruha specifically adored his gentle, beautiful voice that accompanied her piano play.

But, of all, she liked him because he became one of the reasons why her twin was so happy lately. Rui was so excited whenever Yoseob visited their house, and that's why Ruha rarely agreed to come to Yoseob's place because Rui's condition was not really good.

"I heard you would start to attend high school soon," Yoseob entered her private music room. "Congratulations, Ruha."

She was not really happy. She expected to be at the same school with Yoseob so they could walk home together and Rui could greet both of them even though Rui couldn't attend school with them.

"One day let's show the world that we're capable to reach our dreams," Yoseob gave a wide grin. "Let's be professional singers together, Ruha."

Ruha smiled at the thought. Her twin sister loved her music very much and she also cherished Yoseob a lot. Being professionals in music together would definitely make Rui very happy.

"We will be ones, Yoseob."

Never once in her life, Ruha thought January would be the month she hated the most later.


~ * ~ * ~ * ~


[November. 3 years ago]

"President of Music Club?" Ruha repeated the request she got from the music teacher. "But I'm just a first year student."

"You're a genius in music," the teacher stated with excitement. "Even the current president voted for you! It would be an honor for us to have you as the President of Music Club as, you know, our school takes pride in music and sport the most."

Ruha frowned, uncertain if this chance was too good to be true. She did choose this school for the music purpose but she never had a thought of taking such an important position.

"Let me think about it first," she answered before leaving the room, puzzled in her own thought. Some students locked their gaze on her as she's pretty famous there.

Ruha didn't enjoy the fame and attention. She never did. She always did her best and that's all she would always do.

She walked down to her classroom but stopped on her track when she heard someone's singing from an empty club room. A different type of voice from Yoseob but a very beautiful one.

The door was only slightly open so she could not really see the person but it's enough for her to admire the voice. The man was playing a guitar beautifully. Sometimes he stopped singing once in a while, trying to hit the perfect note before stopping with frustration, "Ah, should be higher then... Okay. Got it."

Both of them were startled when the school radio announced that all of the second year student should gather at the school hall for a quick briefing regarding the school trip. The man immediately got himself ready to leave the room but it's enought time for Ruha to hide herself.

And for Ruha to see a glimpse of his face when he took the stairs to head to the school hall.

"Second year student, eh?" Ruha murmured to no one.

Two days later, Ruha accepted the offer to be the President of Music Club, gaining interest from all of the students.


~ * ~ * ~ * ~


[April. 2 years ago]

Being the President of the Music Club made Ruha so much busier than how she spend her times at junior high school.

However there's something else that occupied her mind for the past weeks.

Her parents told her that Rui would get a better medical treatment in New York. As happy as Ruha was to hear that, she knew Rui was reluctant to go because she would be far from Yoseob.

Yoseob had been a part of Rui's life and he's irreplaceable. He was there when Rui needed him, when Ruha could not be there. His loving gaze made Rui the happiest girl and Ruha would not want the smile to disappear.

When she was walking through the school corridor, deep in her thought, she heard quite a ruckus metres away from her.

"Kim Sunggyu could talk, eh?" Ruha noticed Lee Jongmin, one of the most rebelious students which was a year older than her. He's very good in sport but had a problem with attitude.

"Hey, he asked you to talk!" his friend pushed the guy in front of them. "Don't you have ears, Kim Sunggyu?"

Jongmin raised the bucket full of dirty water, ready to throw it away. Ruha was quick with her sense, standing in front of Sunggyu without a word. In the next second, she was all drenched but her sharp gaze crushed Lee Jongmin.

The boys quickly stopped their bullying action, leaving Ruha and Sunggyu alone. Sunggyu was lost of words but Ruha didn't expect him to thank her after all.

She knew him. She noticed him as the student who sang in the empty club room months ago, the reason why she accepted the position of President of Music Club, because she would be proud to know more talents in their school if a man of talent like him was there.

However it did disappoint her a little when she found out Kim Sunggyu never joined any club.

That day, Sunggyu still didn't say a word to her.

Therefore when he finally came to meet her at the music room and asked if he could join the music club, she was really happy even thought no one could see it from her face.

It's just she couldn't tell him anything. That she would not be the President of the Music Club anymore. That it's the last day of school for her.

When she arrived at home that day, Rui greeted her with a smile, telling her that their stuffs were all packed for their flight tomorrow to New York.

"Yoseob will come here in an hour," Rui told her sister, a sad smile was drawn on her face, "but, it's okay! If I become better, I can spend more time with you and Yoseob!"

Ruha smiled back at her, resting her forehead on her twin's, "Yes. The three of us will spend all the time in the world together."

She wanted to keep the promise.

She really wanted to.

 

__________


Author's Note:

I decided to split Ruha's POV to two chapters but this first part already revealed the most important secret of the story!
December 5 years ago and January 4 years ago can be read from Yoseob's POV in Chapter Two.
April 2 years ago can be read from Sunggyu's POV in Chapter One.

I hope you enjoy this latest update!

Feel free to drop your comments below or mention me at Twitter @AFFkyuri91.
Hope you enjoy the new chapter!