Two.

The First Collage ~ Another Me ~
[yoseob.YANG]
 
It was the day of first snow this year. My mother asked me to buy the ingredients for tonight's dinner so I left my house with excitement since she let me to buy candies afterwards.
 
My steps were held when I heard beautiful melodies echoed from somewhere. It was faint but, since I had this sharp hearing, I recognized they came from a piano. With a talented pianist, I believed.
 
Then I saw a young girl with long, black hair, sitting behind the black piano from the window. The window was opened slightly, the reason why I could hear the music. I just stood still, amazed by the magnificent play.
 
Suddenly she stopped playing and left her seat, disappearing from my sight. Feeling a bit of disappointment, I sighed and continued on my path, heading to where I should be.
 
On my way back, I stopped again metres away from the house. It's just three blocks from my house and I never knew that there was a girl around my age lived here. Was she new?
 
"Can I help you?" a voice surprised me.
 
She opened the front door slightly just so she could look at me directly. Her hair was tied in a ponytail with a pink ribbon.
 
It's the girl who played the piano.
 
"Ah, I...," I paused for a moment and decided to greet her with a smile. "My name is Yang Yoseob. I listened to your piano a while ago and it's amazing."
 
She only blinked at my statement but her lips later turned into a curve, "Thank you. I'm glad you like the play."
 
My heart skipped a beat upon the soft but beautiful smile.
 
 
~ * ~ * ~ * ~
 
 
"Ruha?" I pushed open the door and took a peek of what the girl was doing inside her private music room, where I saw her playing the piano for the first time one year ago.
 
And there she was with her fingers on the black and white keys. She stopped letting her fingers to dance on the keys, glancing at me with her expressionless face as always.
 
I smiled at at her and closed the door, walking to her, "I heard you would start to attend high school soon. Congratulations, Ruha."
 
After the snowy day when I saw her, we became friends in no time. I always had passion in music and it's good to share it with her because she was quite a genius, if I might say.
 
She was only fourteen years old this year, one year younger than me yet both of us were in the same school year, but she was able to play various musical instruments. From piano, violin, guitar, cello, to harmonica. It was amazing.
 
Her family was really warm and it felt like I had a second family. Ruha rarely came to my place because she preferred to stay in her private music room the whole day if I didn't come but my parents always welcomed her warmly when she visited.
 
Lately I found out that Ruha also had her own music book where she composed her original notes and lyrics. She let me to see it but refused to play the notes for me.
 
Ruha was just too shy. She might look cold and all but I knew she was a really kind-hearted girl.
 
"But it was different from yours...," she dropped her gaze somewhere else but me. "I thought you would choose that school too since it's famous for the music festival..."
 
I smiled at her honest thought. I chuckled and messed her hair playfully, "It's not like we couldn't meet anymore. Our houses are still close. Besides my new school is said to be the rival of yours!"
 
My attempt to make her smiled failed so I kneeled down and held her hand, looking into her eyes, "Ruha, you are amazing. Never forget that. Whatever they say, remember that you're much more than what they think."
 
"One day let's show the world that we're capable to reach our dreams," I grinned. "Let's be professional singers together, Ruha."
 
With that promise, she finally drew a small smile on her face, "We will be ones, Yoseob."
 
 
~ * ~ * ~ * ~
 
 
"RUHA. Solo debut."
 
I felt the feeling of proud in my chest when I saw the promotional video. She wore a white dress, holding a red rose. Ruha's beautiful voice was the background music.
 
I took my phone and sent a text message to the girl in video, saying that she looked so beautiful there. Her beauty never changed even though I had not met her again after four months.
 
Around one year ago, Ruha's family left to United States. We did communicate once in a while but I managed to pay a visit there twice; once seven months ago and the last one was four months ago.
 
On my last visit, I found out that Ruha was preparing herself to debut as a solo artist later, meaning she would return to Seoul soon.
 
She really fulfilled our promise we made three years ago.
 
There was a slight hint of sadness, to realize that I still had not fulfilled mine. I didn't envy her but I started to wonder if I could ever do it.
 
I was on my last year of high school and my parents didn't bother with my choice of major for college. However it's me who didn't have the faith in myself about being a professional singer.
 
If it's came to my voice, I had the confidence but it's all I had. Unlike Ruha who was beautiful, both appearance and voice, I was nothing to be the market's favorite in entertainment world.
 
My phone suddenly vibrated, snapping me back to my senses. I read the new text message and smiled to myself because I would have a dinner with the sender as a congratulation party for RUHA's solo debut.
 
I guessed I needed to stop thinking too much for now.
 
 
~ * ~ * ~ * ~
 
 
My gaze was locked on the window, witnessing the first snow this year. I heaved a sigh, feeling tired because of what happened yesterday, since morning till night fell.
 
My college friends kept bugging me about RUHA's sudden left from entertainment world. It's just one year since her debut but she decided to stop singing. It was announced a week ago that she had a personal issue but her fans were not satisfied with that mysterious explanation.
 
None of them knew that I personally befriended her even before her debut but, since they knew I just started to work as a part-time officer at RUHA's entertainment agency, they wanted me to dig for more information.
 
I had told them it was impossible and perhaps it might be the best if they just let her be. I knew the reason and I didn't think they wanted to know the truth.
 
"They are really sad," I muttered slowly when I had finished my dinner yesterday night. I looked up to see Ruha's reaction. "I still think you have another option, Ruha."
 
It's our first dinner together since RUHA the soloist stepped back as an artist. I prepared the dinner at her apartment, thinking that I could change her mind by a conversation.
 
"It's final, Yoseob," Ruha put down her spoon, a sign that she was done with her food. She stood up and turned around, "I'm full. Thank you for the dinner."
 
"Wait," I rushed to her side and grabbed her wrist to stop her. "Ruha, please. We can talk! Don't you feel it's such a shame to throw away your hard work?"
 
She tossed my hand away and gave me a cold glare, "Speak to me after you have made your debut. I'll come back if you become a professional artist."
 
Her words pierced me to the core. It's like she tried to remind me that she had worked hard to fulfill our promise yet I didn't do mine.
 
"Just...," Ruha murmured vividly, looking away from me. "Just let me be for now. I need time to... Nevermind. Thank you for the dinner, Yoseob."
 
And then the night ended just like that.
 
 
~ * ~ * ~ * ~
 
 
"Yoseob!" Ha Woosin, one of the directors, calls me when I walk pass his office room. "Can you help me with the report for next week's plan? The one for upcoming charity concert."
 
He is a Chief Executive Officer of the board. I am currently working as one of his subordinates. It's only a part-time job I have every weekend but I learn a lot from this job.
 
"Will do," I reply with a wide smile. "Is there anything I can help again?"
 
Woosin frowns and he asks, "Are you free this Sunday? After our office hours, of course."
 
I try to remember my schedule. I will meet Ruha this Saturday because she has something to do on Sunday night, one activity she refuses to tell me.
 
"I think so," I tilt my head. "Is there anything I must do that day?"
 
He pats my shoulder twice, "There is someone I want you to meet. I want you to help me with his talent, Yoseob."
 
Woosin writes something on a little note then hands it over to me, "It's his address. Let's meet up there on six. I have stuff to do in the afternoon that day so I can't go with you from here. Is it a deal?"
 
"Sure," I nod and excuse myself so I can prepare the report he wants.
 
As I step in the elevator, I read the name written by Woosin on the little note, the one I will visit this Sunday.
 
"Kim... Sunggyu?"
 
 
__________
 
 
Author's Note:
 
There we have the second chapter!
Is it too confusing?
 
Please do bother to leave comment below or mention me via Twitter @AFFkyuri91 for questions and complaints.
 
Thank you for reading! :)