Three.

The First Collage ~ Another Me ~
[sunggyu.KIM]
 
"Sixty seconds is enough for this story," I write down the words on my notebook, trying to make them as the refrain part for my own song. Yes, a self-made song. "You have entered my heart. I don't doubt that you have taken me in this not-so-short time."
 
I stop for seconds, re-reading the two sentences just to heave a sigh, "Ah, I'm so not good with words. How should I continue this? Should I just change this part?"
 
The sound of piano distracts me, an attempt to gain my full attention. Just like what she always does. I can't help but to smile at myself when I notice that she doesn't lock herself from world anymore.
 
At least for now.
 
Whenever she visits me at my apartment and I'm absorbed with song writing, she never complaints. In fact she is usually the one who sits behind the piano and just plays it until she is satisfied. It's not like I'm irritated anyway.
 
Her piano play is extremely good. I found out that she is also very good in violin, cello, flute, plus guitar. I have no idea what kind of surprise she will give to me again in the future.
 
"I'm trying to write some lyrics," I decide to sit next to her, not really asking for any respond actually. Despite the fact that she is not a smooth talker, she is definitely a good listener. "But I'm stuck now."
 
She stops playing and glances at my notebook. I just stare at her face, admiring how charming she is. Even though she rarely smiles, unlike what she did when she was still an idol, she is still the most charming girl for me.
 
Without a word, she takes the pencil and writes down some sentences after mine. When she returns both the notebook and pencil to me, my eyes widen in surprise.
 
She actually continues the lyrics. By herself. Right before my eyes. The Hwang Ruha.
 
"A story that's enough for me. A memory that's like both sides of a sword. I can't cry but I can't smile."
 
My jaw almost drops when I read the words. I look at the girl, back to my notebook, and then to her once again, "Ruha..."
 
She doesn't reply at all. Like what she always does. She just plays the piano slowly and, what makes me feel even more grateful, she is playing my song. Well, just the music though, because I'm trying to write the lyrics at the moment.
 
"You're too talented...," I grin awkwardly, somehow knowing this topic is not really her favorite. "You really shouldn't stop singing, you know."
 
She doesn't even look at my eyes when she retorts, "And why shouldn't I stop?"
 
"Because you are talented," I state the obvious, closing my notebook and put it aside. "You were a rising solo artist."
 
"And who said that I'm talented?" Ruha finally stops and her eyes meet mine. Her gaze stares into me as if she is reading my mind with her cold yet mysterious eyes.
 
As my heart skips a beat, I start to stammer, "I-I-I... I said so..."
 
"Then if I say that you're talented, doesn't it make you one too?" she shuts me with her straight-forward attitude. "What matters now is not how I should stay in the entertainment world. It's you who will enter it."
 
Even after a month since I met her again at that unexpected night, when she helped me for the second time, her sharp tongue never fails to amuse me.
 
She doesn't change at all.
 
"Thank you, Ruha," I hug her, feeling so excited. No matter how cold her reaction is, I feel like warmth is overflowing to me when I'm next to her. Especially when I hug her like this. "You're really the best."
 
Suddenly someone knocks on the door and that's when I finally remember that I will have a visitor today.
 
"Ah, wait a minute, Ruha," I stand up and walk to the door. "My uncle asked his friend to come here. He said that this person is really good in music too."
 
I open the door and meet a young guy around my age, wearing a blue jacket. He smiles at me and bows, "Annyeonghaseyo. My name is Yang Yoseob."
 
 
[ . . . ]
 
 
[yoseob.YANG]
 
I stop in front of the room 1706. It should be this one, where I should meet Kim Sunggyu. Woosin is supposed to be with me but there's an urgent meeting so he asked me to go alone.
 
Apparently Sunggyu's father is Woosin's senior at college. Sunggyu has this interest in music and, since Woosin knows that I'm also interested in being an artist, he wonders what my opinion is about his best friend's son.
 
"I should be helping myself instead of someone else right now," I sigh, feeling disappointed with myself. "Yang Yoseob, this is why Ruha avoids you. You're not even capable to fulfill your promise to her."
 
I raise my hand and knock the door, waiting for the owner to open it. It's already six and I wonder where Ruha is right now.
 
Last night we had another argument again. I know it's kind of cliche but I'm still trying to persuade her so she will consider about her career. She is still so young and her talent is not to be wasted...
 
...but who am I to ask her to do what she doesn't want to do, especially when I know her reason to leave the entertainment world?
 
I don't know if what I'm doing is only drawing farther distance with her. The more I want to protect her, the more I feel like we will never return to our cherished moments.
 
She has left her apartment since morning to nowhere. She turns off her cellphone and I know it's just her trying to tell me that I have crossed the line yesterday.
 
A man opens the door and nods slightly to me. I introduce myself to him and it appears that he is the one I'm looking for, "Please come in. It's kind of messy inside though..."
 
I take off my shoes and step inside his apartment room. There's a piano in the middle of the room and a girl is playing it with her back facing me.
 
"Wait for a moment. I'll get you some drink," he excuses himself to the kitchen. "Please make yourself at home. I'll be right back."
 
Unfortunately I'm not really listening to him right now. My eyes are glued on the girl who is filling the whole room with beautiful melodies. It's the first time I hear the song but the technique is really familiar.
 
My heart feels like stop beating for a split of seconds. I don't need to see her face to recognize who she is. Her piano play and her long hair are more than enough for me to notice who the girl is.
 
"Ruha?" I call out her name.
 
She stops playing and turns around. Her face expression doesn't change but I know her too well that I can notice the change in her eyes. She definitely doesn't expect me to be here.
 
Before I can ask why she is here, in an apartment room of a guy, playing the piano as if she is used to it, Sunggyu appears with a glass of water in his left hand. His right hand holds a glass of ice tea.
 
"Here you go," he hands the iced tea and walks to the piano. He bows slightly to give her the water, "You must be thirsty. What do you want to have for dinner, Ruha?"
 
When Sunggyu combs her hair with a gentle smile and she just lets him be, I clench my fists out of my consciousness.
 
How did they know each other?
 
"Oh, right, Ruha...," Sunggyu decides to let two of us interact. "This is Yang Yoseob. He works as a part-timer at-"
 
"CUBE Entertainment," Ruha continues his words with monotone.
 
Sunggyu looks at her with confused gaze, "Eh? Ah... Right. I told you about Woosin before, right?"
 
As if it's not strange, Sunggyu just lets it slide away and turns to me this time, making a very short yet shocking introduction about Ruha for me.
 
"Yoseob, let me introduce her first. This is my girlfriend, Hwang Ruha."
 
 
__________
 
 
Author's Note:
 
Last updated 11 February 2013 and now is 17 April 2013.
Two months already.
I'm so sorry for not updating as often as before.
There are so many things happening somehow and, well, trust me, I'm doing my best! ;)
 
Feel free to drop your comments below or mention me at Twitter @AFFkyuri91.
Hope you enjoy the new chapter!