Chapter 7

More Than A Teacher, More Than A Student

 

(YongGuk’s POV)

I tried my best to stay focused on the road as JiHyun and I drove back to the apartment but it was hard. I just kept thinking about kissing her again and again and holding her until we fell asleep. I was looking forward to tonight so much. I knew we wouldn’t be having but just the thought of sleeping in the same bed as JiHyun made me so satisfied. When we got to the apartment I realized I hadn’t checked with HimChan if it was ok for JiHyun to spend the night. I didn’t think he would mind but I was also sure he wanted to catch up at some point in time. He would understand though, I knew he would. When JiHyun and I arrived inside we could smell spicy food coming from the kitchen.

“YongGuk!” HimChan called from the kitchen, “This place is great! I love the kitchen!”

He came out wearing an apron and pink oven mittens and I stifled my laughter with my hand.

“What’s so funny? Have you never seen a man cook before, Bang? JiHyun-ah, please tell your boyfriend to grow up.”

“Grow up, Mr. Bang,” JiHyun said giggling.

“Thank you,” HimChan said. He huffed at me and went back into the kitchen.

I shook my head as I showed JiHyun to my room and left her to get settled in, and then I went to the kitchen.

“Hey, it’s ok if JiHyun stays over tonight right?”

“Are you serious?” HimChan asked. “Why would I mind?”

“I don’t know! I’m just being courteous.”

“YongGuk-ah, I know how much you two love each other and you’re just seeing each other after a year apart. I expect you two to spend as much time as you can together…just don’t disturb me tonight,” he said with a smirk.

“Y-yah! We’re not doing that!”

“Mmhmm, so I assume it wasn’t Mr. Bang that gave JiHyun that hickey already?”

“Ah…w-well…”

“Did you tell her to call you that by the way? Mr. Bang?”

“No! Don’t think like that! I always tell her to call me ‘oppa’!”

HimChan smirked again. “I know you like it when she calls you that~”

I felt my face get red.

“It’s nothing to be embarrassed about YongGuk-ah, we all have our preferences.” He winked at me and I rolled my eyes.

“I’m going to check on JiHyun.”

“Sure~ I’ll call when the food’s ready.”

 When I returned to my room JiHyun was sleeping on my bed. I figured she must be tired from her flight and just overall excitement. I sat next to her and she shifted slightly then opened her eyes.

“I fell asleep?”

“Just for a few minutes. I didn’t mean to wake you; I didn’t know you were such a light sleeper.”

She smiled that smile that melted my heart.

“It’s ok, Mr. Bang.” She reached for my hand and squeezed it. “I’m so happy to be here with you. I love you.”

I leaned down to kiss her just as HimChan shouted that the food was ready.

“But if you’re busy,” he added, “take your time! It’s still hot!”

“We’ll be down soon!” I shouted back. JiHyun pulled my head down to her for a kiss. When we broke apart she traced her fingers down my neck. I didn’t know if she knew what she was doing but she was really making it difficult for me to take my time with her.

“Let’s go eat,” I whispered. “We have all night.”

She blushed beautifully and we got up from the bed. HimChan gave us a knowing smile as we sat down at the dinner table.

“So…how are you two?” he asked.

JiHyun and I just smiled. HimChan rolled his eyes and started serving us.

“I met our neighbours by the way, while you two were at the university.”

“Really, who are they?”

“These two girls that are also going to Seoul National University. One of them is pretty cute, her name is HyoSung.”

“HimChan…” I warned.

“What? I just said she was cute.”

“They’re our neighbours, HimChan. We don’t want any drama with people that live right next to us.” HimChan was a ladies’ man. I could trust him to flirt with any girl he thought was attractive.

HimChan waved his hand in the air to banish my words.

We spent the rest of the meal teasing HimChan about HyoSung and him teasing JiHyun and me in return. It was just the three of us but the atmosphere was so relaxed and comfortable. I couldn’t ask for anything more – my best friend, the love of my life and good food. After dinner HimChan got a phone call then announced that he was going for a coffee with HyoSung.

“Already?!” I asked incredulously.

“We’re just getting to know each other. Don’t freak out, dear. I’ll be back by my curfew.” HimChan smirked, got his keys and left. I turned to JiHyun.

“What do you want to do?”

“I’m kind of tired…I think I want to head in early…so…I’ll just take a shower and go to bed.”

I nodded, not sure what to say. I didn’t want to come on too strong.

“Do you want company?”

She looked a bit startled then I realized why.

“Not in the shower! I meant – I meant when you go to bed!”

She laughed. “It’s your bed so you’re welcome anytime.”

I didn’t think she meant that to be seductive in any way but that’s how my brain took it.

“Just shout for me when you’re finished in the shower.”

She nodded and went upstairs. I couldn’t lie. I was nervous. I was going to be spending my first night with JiHyun. I knew I could’ve shared a bed with HimChan and JiHyun could’ve had a room to herself but I was being selfish. If I wasn’t mistaken, JiHyun wanted to sleep with me too. I sat on the couch and tried not to overthink things. Sooner than I anticipated I heard JiHyun’s voice from my room.

“Mr. Bang? I’m going to bed now~”

I got up and headed to my room. JiHyun was sitting on my bed wearing her pajamas.

“I hope these are ok,” she said, fiddling with her sleepwear.

“Why wouldn’t they be?” I asked teasingly.

She blushed like I knew she would and I got my pajamas out of the chest of drawers.

“I’m just going to take a quick shower, ok?”

She nodded and got under the covers. When I got out of the bathroom dressed and ready for bed I was surprised she was till awake since she’d been so tired earlier.

“You waited for me?” I asked.

“I didn’t want to fall asleep without you.”

Krisus, she was so sweet. I climbed under the covers with her and she turned to me. We looked at each other for a few seconds and then we kissed. When we broke apart she snuggled into my chest and I wrapped my arms around her. Within minutes her breathing slowed and I knew she was sleeping. I looked down at her. Her hair was tousled in such a beautiful way that I couldn’t help but it. She stirred a bit and smiled in her sleep. I wanted to touch her face but I didn’t want to wake her so I just watched her perfect features as she slept.

And right then and there, with JiHyun sleeping soundly in my arms, I knew that I wanted to be with her forever.

I wanted her to belong to me and absolutely no one else.

I wanted to marry her, have children, watch them grow and then grow old together with her.

But still I sighed. I knew JiHyun loved me but she was still young. She wasn’t ready to get married, was she? We’d been a couple for how long now? Then I realized I had never officially asked JiHyun to be my girlfriend. At some point in time that I couldn’t lay my finger on we’d both just assumed that we were more than a teacher and a student. I made up my mind that the next day I would make our relationship official.