Epilogue

More Than A Teacher, More Than A Student

 


 

(JiHyun’s POV)

It was a small but still beautiful wedding. The guest list comprised of Mr. Bang’s parents, HimChan, HyoSung, SunHwa and a few more of Mr. Bang’s friends and my new friends from Seoul National University. HimChan was Mr. Bang’s best man and HyoSung and SunHwa were my maids of honour since it would have been impossible to pick just one of them.

We had actually become pretty close, HyoSung, SunHwa and I. They now knew the real story of how Mr. Bang and I had met. They were like big sisters to me. I was glad to finally have other girls I could confide in and just talk about other girl stuff with. HimChan’s wish had come true!

I had sent invitations to my parents but I knew they wouldn’t come. As far as they were concerned I had disgraced them by marrying my former teacher so I walked down the aisle with HyoSung and SunHwa behind me.

Honestly, I couldn’t wait to get to the other end of the church where Mr. Bang was waiting for me with HimChan by his side. We said our vows and slipped our rings onto each other’s fingers. When he finally lifted my veil to kiss me we couldn’t help but grin at each other, earning chuckles from our small audience. And finally we had our first kiss as husband and wife.

The reception was held at Mr. Bang’s parents’ house. They were quite well off so there was more than enough room for our small party. I had been quite nervous when I first met them but they were a really sweet couple and always told me how thankful they were that their son had found me.

Mr. Bang and I flew to the Seychelles for our honeymoon. I spent most of the flight sleeping with my head on Mr. Bang’s shoulder and my hand in his. When we finally arrived on the island we got a taxi to our hotel. We were both exhausted and collapsed into bed as soon as we got to our suite. We spent the next day seeing some of the sights of the breathtaking island. It was the most beautiful place I had ever been and I knew I had to come back someday.

That night when we got back to our room and showered from our day out Mr. Bang told me to go wait in the sitting room of our suite while he prepared something. I had an inkling of what he was doing so I sat and waited like he told me. Finally, he called me into the bedroom.

There lights were low and there were candles burning around the room. Soft, sensual music was playing and there was just a hint of Mr. Bang’s cologne in the air. The combination made me melt and I silently thanked myself that I had decided to wear the lingerie SunHwa had gifted me with under my clothes.

Mr. Bang hugged me from behind and turned me to the bed. It was the same picture I’d had in my head since we had spoken about this night. There were red rose petals sprinkled over the pure white sheets with white canopy netting. Neither of us needed to say anything. I turned around and kissed him then he led me to the bed.

It was strange returning to living on my own after the honeymoon and I knew Mr. Bang felt it as well. HimChan finally convinced me to move in with him and Mr. Bang after weeks of persuasion.

After my last year of university Mr. Bang and I saved up enough to buy a house of our own. We were worried HimChan would be lonely but he revealed to us he was planning to propose to HyoSung so we needn’t worry about anything!

******************************************************************************

The day after HimChan’s wedding, as soon as I woke, I felt extremely nauseous and ran to the bathroom.

“Yeobo?” I heard Mr. Bang call, “Are you ok?”

“I’m fine,” I said, returning to the bedroom, “I just felt really nauseous.”

“…Nauseous?”

“Yes…”

Mr. Bang jumped out of bed and wrapped his arms tightly around me.

“I’ve been waiting for this day forever!’

“What are you –?” Then it hit me. “Do you think I’m pregnant?”

He laughed. “Shouldn’t you be the one to know?”

I rolled my eyes and walked over to the calendar to check whether or not my period was late. It was.

Mr. Bang picked up the phone. I knew he was about to dial HimChan.

“Yonggukie~ let’s just do a test first ok? And remember HimChan and HyoSung are going for their honeymoon. Let’s not disturb them, ne?”

The day after my doctor’s appointment I received a call from the doctor’s office. I collected my results and opened them with Mr. Bang by my side. My eyes quickly scanned the paper to see that I was indeed pregnant! I couldn’t help myself and I started to cry.

“JiHyunnie, what is it?”

I couldn’t put all my feelings into words. My mind was reeling through the first day I met Mr. Bang to this very moment. I remembered how I stuttered over introducing myself in class, I remembered him tucking my hair behind my ear, and I remembered our first kiss and all the negative consequences of our relationship. I remembered the pain I felt when we were separated and the joy I felt at our reunion in the airport. I remembered the excitement I felt at spending the night at his apartment and our silly misunderstanding about marrying each other.

Now here I stood with Mr. Bang by my side as my husband and we were soon to be parents! Our relationship had been anything but easy in the beginning but it was all worth it to be by each other`s sides for the rest of our lives.

“JiHyunnie?”

I turned to Mr. Bang and hugged him with my face buried in his chest.

“We’ve come such a long way from when we first met. I can’t believe it.”

“I know, baby.” He said as he my hair, “And this is just another beginning.” 


Thank you so much everyone for subscribing and reading and commenting! I'm going to miss writing this fic and answering you guys' comments ;_; Thanks again everyone!!!! <3 Happy Holidays! ^_^

 

Wedding invite made via invys.com