Chapter 6

More Than A Teacher, More Than A Student

 

Well only a couple people answered my question last time (and it's a tie) so I guess to most of you guys it doesn't matter how I update? >///< I'll just update as I can and if I don't finish before Christmas break I'll finish up after! I hope you guys are ok with that! 


 

(JiHyun’s POV)

I sped out of the café leaving a worried HimChan and probably a worried Mr. Bang as well. HimChan had offered to drive me home quickly but I couldn’t risk someone seeing me with him. I was way too paranoid. I arrived panting at the bus stop only to realize the bus wouldn’t be there for another 20 minutes. I groaned and started hitting my head off of the stop sign pole. But hey, I was already late, what would 20 more minutes do? I chuckled bitterly to myself as I imagined my parents’ livid faces. Screw them though. I had spoken to Mr. Bang. I replayed our conversation over and over as I waited for the bus.

In one year I would be in Seoul with Mr. Bang. Maybe we could get an apartment together? I imagined us living in the same house. I could cook for him and iron his clothes and maybe…would we sleep in the same bed? I felt a blush creeping up my neck and nearly jumped out of my skin when I heard the roar of the bus’s engine. I felt like it was chastising me for having those kinds of thoughts about Mr. Bang. I hopped onto the bus and spent the journey thinking about living with Mr. Bang as his wife. When I got off the bus I made the short walk to my house and opened the door. The house was quiet. I thought if I called for my parents they would think I was less guilty.

“Umma? Appa? Please don’t be worried, I’m home!”

My mother came around the corner of the entryway and crossed her arms.

“Where were you?”

“Joesonghabnida,” I apologized, “I got caught up in an after-school project.”

“And who might I call to confirm that?”

Shisus. I decided to take a long shot. “I was with Hara.”

“Her number?”

I gave my mother Hara’s number as confidently as I could and crossed my fingers as my mother took out her phone.

“Hara? This is JiHyun’s mother. Were you doing a school project with her this afternoon? Oh, really? Ok, then. Goodbye.” My umma turned to me.

“It seems you’re telling the truth. I’ve heard Hara is a good child. I don’t believe she would lie to me with the training she has from her parents.”

I silently thanked Hara. We hadn’t spoken properly in ages but she still covered for me.

“Do not miss your curfew again. You will be severely punished.”

I didn’t doubt that. The next week after school HimChan was there again. I quickly explained what had happened when I had gotten home from the café.

“I understand,” he said, digging into his shoulder bag. He handed me a pink envelope with my name and a wrong address. “It’s from YongGuk. He sent it to my address since you know…you live in a fortress.”

I grinned and took the letter from him.

“Thank you so much. I hope you don’t feel too used.”

He shook his head. “No way. I would do anything for YongGuk and, by extension, you. He loves you and I know you love him. Don’t worry about it.”

I wanted to hug HimChan but I felt awkward about it so I bowed deeply instead. He patted my head and walked away while I ran to the bus stop clutching my letter in my hands.

The semester was coming to a close and it was time for my college entrance exam. I had more than usual motivation. Knowing that I would be with Mr. Bang made me study even harder and bury myself in my work even more. When my results came in I wasn’t surprised at all to see my excellent mark. I was going to Seoul National University.

******************************************************************************

I arrived in Seoul full of anticipation. HimChan had traveled with me since he was moving to Seoul as well to further his musical education. I stood next to him on my toes, craning my neck. Mr. Bang was meeting us here.

“Remember he’s not blond anymore,” HimChan said.

I nodded trying to mentally picture Mr. Bang with brown hair but I didn’t have to. There, a few yards away from me was Mr. Bang.

My bags dropped out of my hands to the floor and we ran to each other. I started to cry when I felt his arms wrap around me. I didn’t care if I was making a scene in the airport. I was holding onto the love of my life whom I hadn’t seen in a year. I don’t know how long we were like that, just holding tightly onto each other but when I let go and looked up at Mr. Bang he was crying too. I wiped his tears away and he did the same for me. Then he leaned down and kissed my forehead. Neither of us had words to express what we were feeling. We just stared into each other’s eyes and smiled. Finally, Mr. Bang spoke.

“JiHyunnie…” He seemed to be searching for the words to say. “I…you’ve grown so much.”

I was 19 now but I hadn’t been expecting that. “Really?”

“Yes, you’re a woman now.”

I blushed. “Not yet…”

I didn’t think I would feel like a woman until a man, hopefully Mr. Bang, showed me how much he loved me. He understood what I was saying and he actually blushed a little. He looked over my head and smiled at HimChan who came over with his bags and mine.

“I didn’t know when I was allowed to interrupt your little drama moment…”

“Shut up,” Mr. Bang said and HimChan laughed.

“Really though, I think you two need some privacy.” HimChan winked heartily at Mr. Bang and I tried not to laugh. We started to make our way to the parking lot, my hand in Mr. Bang’s and HimChan beside us chattering happily about how advanced Seoul was. I was in bliss but I still couldn’t wait to be alone with Mr. Bang. I longed to kiss him. We drove to the apartment that Mr. Bang would be sharing with HimChan. Since I was on a full scholarship I would be staying in residence at the university but I didn’t mind. After being across the country from Mr. Bang being a drive away didn’t matter at all to me. When we arrived at the apartment HimChan quickly spoke up.

“Let me get settled in, YongGuk-ah, you take JiHyun to the university…and take your time~”

He hopped out of the car, took his things and a set of keys, and hustled into the apartment. Mr. Bang chuckled and shook his head. We were alone now and my heart started to beat faster. As we drove to the university Mr. Bang and I talked about how things had been since we last saw each other. We had written to each other during that time but those letters were mostly full of how much we loved and missed each other and less on current events. When we arrived at the university I collected my keys and Mr. Bang and I located my room. It wasn’t huge but it wasn’t a closet. I made the bed, set some things out on the dresser and hung some posters to feel more at home. Suddenly, Mr. Bang cleared his throat.

“Do you…I mean…I understand if you want to explore the school…but…if you’re…but you don’t have to…”

I smiled at his awkwardness. I had missed that so much.

“What are you saying?”

He cleared his throat. “Do you want to spend the night at my place? You know, so we can catch up more…”

I bit my lip and nodded.

“There are only two bedrooms though…”Mr. Bang said a bit hesitantly.

 I smiled. “That’s perfect. Let me just get some things.” Mr. Bang smiled his gummy smile and I packed my duffel bag and headed for the door.

“Wait,” Mr. Bang said suddenly before I could open it, “I just…I need to kiss you.”

He came over to me, put my arms around his neck and wrapped his around my waist. My heart sped up again and I closed my eyes. Mr. Bang’s lips felt so good on mine. My breath caught when he ran his tongue along my bottom lip. My legs wobbled. I didn’t know if I could stand right now. As if he knew what I was thinking Mr. Bang picked me up, still kissing me, and brought me to the bed. I laid back and he climbed on top of me. When he started to kiss my neck my hands went under his shirt and I felt him smile when I ran my hands down his stomach. I lifted his shirt, trying to take it off but Mr. Bang broke the kiss and took it off himself. I’d never seen him shirtless before and it was definitely worth the wait. When my eyes finally got to his face he was smirking and I blushed.

“You like what you see?” he asked cheekily.

I threw his shirt at him and stuck out my tongue. “If you’re going to be so cocky you can put it back on.”

He laughed and lay next to me putting my head on his chest. I started to run my hands over his abs again but he took my hands away. I looked up at him curiously.

“You don’t want me to touch you?”

“Trust me; I want you to touch me JiHyunnie but…if you keep doing it I’ll have difficulty controlling myself.”

I was actually liking the fact that I had some sort of hold over Mr. Bang.

“Really?”

“Yes, really.”

“Tell me why.”

“Why…?”

“Why do I make it difficult for you to control yourself?” I tried my best to not blush while asking.

“Because I don’t only love you, I want you. I want to show you how much I love you but now and here isn’t the place. I want our first time to be special, really special: a huge bed with silky white sheets and rose petals all over it, candles, soft music – ”

Suddenly he stopped and started blushing but I was so happy he’d been thinking about this so in depth.

“No, keep going~” I said.

“I don’t want to ruin it…tell me though, what do you want your first time to be like?”

My face was getting red so I buried my face in his chest.

“Your plan sounds good,” I said shyly.

“Well when you think of something – tell me.”

I nodded. “Yes, sir~”