Chapter 3

More Than A Teacher, More Than A Student

 

The first half of this chapter is a recap of the last chapter from YongGuk's POV ^-^


 

(YongGuk’s POV)

The past nine months had been the best of my life. All because of one girl: Nam JiHyun. Every chance she had she was in my office. When we were through with chemistry she would stay and we would just talk. I got more and more attached to her. I looked forward to seeing her every day and finding out more about her.

She was an A student and most of her life revolved around her schoolwork. Her parents weren’t interested in much else but her grades. If her grades began to drop they worried about her but if her grades were good they assumed she was fine too. She was an only child but she wished she had a sister she could confide in. I wondered if she would have told this sister about me. She loved when I talked about my volunteer work. She hung on to my every word and I loved it. I loved that she paid so much attention to me and noticed things about me that even I didn’t.

As the months went by we started to get closer. I remember the first time I actually touched her. She had gotten so excited when I told her about the old hip-hop merchandise that I had that she had actually flailed. I fixed her messy bangs and tucked hair carefully behind her ear. She blushed and I cleared my throat awkwardly. After that, I just had to touch her again, just to see her blush so beautifully.

The first time my hand brushed hers it was actually an accident but she didn’t seem to mind so I did it again. I started to do it on purpose just to see her blush or smile that cute small smile. One day I couldn’t hold myself back and when she was getting ready to leave I held her face and brushed her cheek with my thumb. I think that day she really realized how I felt about her. She must have seen in my eyes all that I was feeling for her.

I’ll never forget our first kiss. A few days before the summer vacation she came to my office. I knew there was nothing really we needed to work on but that made me even happier, she was here for me. She pulled out her list of exam topics and started asking me about one but I was in no mood for Chemistry. I could see the list perfectly fine from where I was but I needed to be close to her. I walked around to her side of the desk and leaned over her. I lowered my face so that it was next to hers. I don’t even remember what I said to her about whatever she was asking. I just remember whispering her name, telling her how much I was going to miss her…and kissing her cheek.

How could I not?

Her face was so close to mine and she wasn’t moving away so I pressed my lips to her cheek. It was so soft I kissed her for longer than I had intended. I reckoned she had never kissed anyone and I really didn’t want to creep her out. I kept my eyes closed when my lips left her cheek just so I could focus on what I was feeling. When I opened my eyes she had turned her face to me and it seemed she was about to kiss me. She tried to back away when she saw my open eyes but I held her face.

“Were you going to kiss me?” I asked to make sure.

She said yes, I told her to close her eyes and I kissed her. I kissed her. I tried my best not to ravish and to move as slowly as I could. I knew she liked it. She was kissing me back. When I nibbled on her lips she made the most addictive sound and I had to do it again just to hear her.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. I never moved so fast in my life. I opened the door before whoever was on the other side of it could beat me to it. It was Mr. Jung. I wanted to smash his face for interrupting what was hitherto the best moment of my life.

He chided me about having the door shut while a student was in there. Well, yes, I knew that rule but pardon me for wanting some privacy while I kissed the girl I was in love with. Mr. Jung looked at JiHyun a little too long and left the room. I turned to her, wondering why. Crap. Her eyes were wide from the interruption and her lips were red and obviously swollen. Crap. Crap. Crap. I hadn’t even realized I had voiced my thoughts until she asked me what was wrong. I felt like utter dog crap when she apologized. What was she apologizing for? For me taking advantage of her? This was the first time I had felt like I had been doing something wrong with JiHyun. But what was so wrong? If I hadn’t been her teacher would I still feel so guilty? No, because that’s all that’s wrong here. Teacher-student relationships are forbidden. I knew it wasn’t her age making me feel this way. My own parents were eight years apart; it wasn’t abnormal at all for me.

“It’s not your fault, baby...” I told her.

She continued to protest but I assured her everything would be fine. I didn’t believe that though. She called me “Sir” again and I just wanted to scoop her up and take her home with me. Then she asked if this was the last day we would see each other. It was. We tried to find some way to stay in touch but there was none. Nothing was safe. Then that prick of an untimely teacher walked in again practically hustling JiHyun out of the room. She looked irked and I would be too. We were trying to have a proper goodbye or what I hoped would be a ‘see-you-later’. I quickly reminded Mr. Jung about the calculator he had actually already returned to me and he finally went away to fetch it. I quickly pulled JiHyun into a hug because I knew Mr. Jung would be back soon.

“JiHyunnie, don’t forget about me ok? Wait for your oppa.”

“I promise,” she said.

I kissed her forehead. “I love you, Nam JiHyun.”

“I love you too, Bang YongGuk.”

I smiled because she said my full name and she had never done that before. I knew she had to be serious. She left before Mr. Jung could come back and see her still there and my heart fell into my feet. An entire summer without my JiHyunnie was going to be terrible. Mr. Jung came back into my office and snapped the door shut.

“I already gave you your calculator…” He said with narrowed eyes.

I kept calm and cast my eyes around. “Oh, there it is. Sorry about that.”

“Cut the crap, Bang.”

“What – ?”

“I didn’t want to believe you were that kind of person.”

“Mr. Ju –”

“Tell me. Tell me you weren’t doing anything inappropriate with that girl.”

“I was not.”

“Oh really? Then why did she look like a deer caught in the headlights when I came in?”

“She’s easily scared.”

“Any why did her lips look like that?”

“Like what?”

“Like you just helped yourself to her for Krisus’s sake! Bang, I am not an idiot! I have been on this earth long enough to know what it looks like when a girl is kissed, and brutally so!”

“I would never hurt her!”

“So you admit you kissed her?”

“I never said that. I said I didn’t hurt her. I didn’t touch her.”

“Alright then, shall I tell you something, Bang?”

“What?”

“Your door was not shut and I saw you. I saw you lean down and seduce that poor girl. I saw you kiss her. I saw you make sure you held her face in place as you had your way with her!”

I stayed stone-faced but I couldn’t stop the colour from draining from my face.

The very next day I was in the principal’s office. Mr. Choi was a kind but firm man. He kept saying how extremely disappointed he was in a promising young boy like myself. I asked for a chance to explain myself and he sighed but nodded.

“I love her,” I said simply, but I saw a change in his face.

“I can see that you are sincere, Mr. Bang, but that doesn’t change what you’ve done. You have to suffer the consequences of your actions. I won’t report this as an offense as I know you didn’t force yourself on Nam JiHyun. I’ve already spoken with her.”

What? He had spoken to JiHyun?

“Is she in trouble? Please, none of this is her fault. I’m her elder, I should have –”

“I had to speak to her and her parents of course, I have no right to keep something like this from them. You have to understand that.”

Oh, God. My JiHyunnie. What would her parents think? What would they do to her?

“You have to be fired, Mr. Bang, and I suggest that you move away. We will try to keep this under wraps but news travels.”

I understood. I had to move. I had made a mistake, not in loving JiHyun, I would never regret that, but I hadn’t been wise in my actions. I should have waited until she was out of school, then we could have done whatever we liked. I had no right to breach the rules of the school.

***************************************************************************

I was leaving my small Ijak-do and moving to Busan. It was a big change but I believed it was for the better. I didn’t want JiHyun to get hurt anymore because of me. But there was still some hope. I left my new address with my best friend HimChan in the hope that he would give it to her and maybe one day I would receive a letter from her. 


pic credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jmuch/6046707562/ 

I guess the pic kinda gave away that it wasn't going to be such a happy ending this chapter ^^;  Don't hesitate to comment! How is it going so far? >___<